Escaping to the West

khangul

your sister
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not have time to watch the video.

Here in the US, I have always asserted my rights. I have been able to take Friday afternoons off work; I have been able to have my sons excused from school to attend jumma.

Yes, people stare but staring is nothing.

You have to know your rights before you can assert them.

( its good to see you posting)

:salam2:

jazaakiaalah khair aapa janay.here someone attacked a muslim , they proved him mentally sick , judges and media would be on the attacker,s side like marwah (may ALLAH grant her the place of shaheed).
here in tornto today, its pride parade and tomorrow its carrabean parade which is nothing but nudity and fawaahish .here i live in multicultural area and almost 70 % teachers are gay (including one teacher with Mohawk LOL)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know it is tough. But we are the ones who make it easier for others to follow. You have to keep reminding people that Islam is not new to the Americas. There was a purposeful propaganda campaign to elicit zenophobia. They spent billions and it has worked.

Yes, they will take a homosexual over a heterosexual male. It is easy to control a man that is a transgendermetrosexual. He is confused. It is financial as well.

Here we go, just an illustration..could you see a Taliban brother dressed as a transgendermetrosexual with waxed eyebrows and manicured nails.

esperanza

revert of many years

If we all decide to move away from west, who then will help new muslims in the west find islam and advice them during they first steps on this worderful path called islam?

very true..you are right,,,it is our duty as well to try to spread Islam:hijabi:

khangul

your sister
Assalaam walaikum,

Here we go, just an illustration..could you see a Taliban brother dressed as a transgendermetrosexual with waxed eyebrows and manicured nails.

aapa we will use adobe phoptoshop :SMILY33:

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I consider myself a rather curious (some would say freakish) blend of West and East. On the outside, I'm all West. White, English-speaking, lower middle-class dude. I was raised in a Christian home so grew up with traditional conservative USA rah rah rah family values.

On the inside, I am a rather confused hodge-podge of pretty much everything. I still consider myself USA'rican but my patriotism has decreased sharply over the years as my eyes are opened to the hypocrasy and idiocy of our nation's domestic and foreign policies. As well, I have recently embraced a "ferrin (which is how they say "foreign" where I am from)" religion and a strange (to me and to everyone else I know) way of life.

I recently visited an old forum that I used to frequent before Islam and I told them there that I am now a white Muslim. Their reaction was what I expected. I am now considered a traitor to my race and to my country in their eyes.

So yeah, right now I'm a confused Westerner with Eastern values. People don't know what to think of me at the moment, and to be honest, I'm a little puzzled myself....

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
...Westerner with Eastern values. People don't know what to think of me at the moment, and to be honest, I'm a little puzzled myself....

Well said. I have seen and feel same in here over those years many times I have been muslim in the west.

:shake:

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Well said. I have seen and feel same in here over those years many times I have been muslim in the west.

:shake:

:wasalam:

Sister, you do a good job of fooling me. I forget sometimes that you are not native-born to Islam.

But then when you talk about Finnish food, I remember all over again. :SMILY129:

Abdullah Espanol

To Those Who send thier children to the west

To Those Who send thier children to the west just watch this clip

[yt]_5jm45mqDEw[/yt]

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I'm sorry but I just started laughing at 1:36.

I mean seriously, okay yes this does happen, but it's not the fire and brimstone like some people make it out to be. People DO think for themselves sometimes and choose not to alternate to a certain way of life. If they do, then their iman wasn't that strong to begin with. Plus, just because he dropped the jelabiya doesn't mean he's a bad person. Yes, he's wearing tight jeans. But it's possible to make mistakes and then to learn from them. His taking the Quran at the end of the vid was symbolic of him still being receptive to The Truth and Allah's Word.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarakatuhu

May Allah reward you dear sister for sharing with us this usefull and truthfull thread, although I must say that not all Muslims chose to live in West, but that Alhadmulilah many of us would rather chose to live in one Muslim country, where we would be suranding with many Muslims and would not be afraid to practise our deen Islaam.

Alhadmulillah I am a Muslimah and I live with my Muslim family in the West and for us is very hard to live here, due to many reasons. When do you not live in Muslim country or is better to say when you live in country where Islam is lost and where is not a loot of practising Muslims or people with other religions, Allah knows how much is only hard and how much struggle every Muslim needs to pass for the sake of Allah and Allahs deen Islam.

And among other reasons why is hard to live in non Muslim country, is because you see people every day doing haram things, girls wearing tight cloth, having boyfriends,selling of alchol and other related haram things, Astagfirullah. May Allah protect us all from these evils.

In the west on every place we go, we Muslims sisters who wear hijaab and are recognised as Muslimah, we are judged and looked with strange looks,and Allah knows only how this can be hard for us.

When I was attending this year on my University classes I have lived something very hard for me.As I wear hijaab Alhadmulilah and I even wear jilbaab, my teacher was mentioning some extreme groups of people and took a strange looks in my direction.But as there are few sisters more in my class that aslo wear hijaab, I felted litlle safer Alhamdulilah. Wallahi I can not understand how other people can not respect other people religion and judge us and disrespect us for been Muslims.

I pray to Allah that all Muslim countries can be united so that we all Muslims can live in only one country( Islamic country) and that country will be only one and that it will be for all Muslims.

May Allah protect all my Muslim brothers and sisters who live in the West and protect and keep their eman. Ameen ya Rabby

arzafar

assalamu alaykum,

Yes, hijrah is an obligation that remains to the day of judgement.

But, at same time I think you fail to realise that not all people are in the same situation. You can not give such a broad sweeping extreme answer. Some people are born in the West and have no "rights" and are unwanted in Muslim countries. Far from what you may have been taught, they have no inclination to help people for Islam's sake.

Its also impractical. The Western countries have a much more open and easy way for migration, whereas most Muslim countries make it almost impossible for a person to live there.

From what I have seen, a lot of Muslims living in the West follow Islam in a much more sincere way than those in Muslim countries, particularly in the Middle East.

off course there are exceptional cases but the article talks about general ruling. As far as i can think, ALL obligations in islam have exceptions except for 6 articles of faith which have to be believed upon at all times in all situations. Even daily salah can be joined or shortened under exceptional circumstances.

It goes without saying that some muslims may not have the means, finances or cant get citizenship to make hijra etc. But even they should at least be 'wanting' to make hijra in their hearts and trying their level best to do so.
eg. salman farsi (ra)

From what I have seen, a lot of Muslims living in the West follow Islam in a much more sincere way than those in Muslim countries, particularly in the Middle East.

that question is already answered in the link.

Also it is the muslims' responsibility to establish islam in muslim lands, make them secure and prosperous. as in get our own house(s) in order first, before calling others to islam.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

Right on, sister.

You guys can't leave me here on my own. I'll never make it.

subhanAllah brother, no one gonna leave you insha Allah
glad to have your this comment, that made me...........

but you know brother, everything have a timing
the thread is not for those who are happen to live in west but about those who left lands of Islam to the land of the kuffar, for what only they and Allah knows (from my point of view, picking the finger to leaders to fit their desires )

wa-llahu ta'la a'lam
wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum warahamtu-llahi wabarakatuhu

falsehood is bound to be perished in front of truth
the truth is clear, either from the article/thread/fatawa/post.

now why people are turning their face Allahu 'alam.

people are here talking about rights,rights in west/non muslim country, astaghfirAllah
what Allah said: you'll not be able to make the kuffar (al yahood , an nasarah) until you follow their religion.

what rights, i do't see any rights.
and for what we are exchanging our religion, just because our leaders are corrupted, i can't find any other reason, at least from the replies.

what rights, not a single non-Muslim country in the world gives the Eid holiday, Ramadan flexibility, prayer time, what rights?

i don't know why people want to hide the truth, and what is very clear.

there are exception, of course there are, no doubt, but only picking the finger unto leaders (making it a false reason) getting into west or non-muslim lands, is nothing but dealing the religion with a very cheap price. astaghfirAllah
even if they would have admitted it then, hamdu li Allah.
but they don't even acknowledge the truth even then stating false/invain logics

@ sister Asja, may Allah make it easy for you and may He make the way back to Muslim land insha Allah azza wa jal, my kind prayers are for you and family and for those who are at the same condition.

Allahu a'lam
wassalam

A-believer-25

I live in America, sadly. I was born in the US, but my family is from Palestine. I really do hope I move to a Muslim country one day, inshallah. Masjids are everywhere in Muslim lands, and harder to find in kafir lands.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I hope to one day visit a Muslim country. I don't know which one yet, but I do hope to one day travel and see the world, and visit my brothers and sisters overseas. Palestine is a big thing for me right now, as is Syria and Egypt because of what is happening there.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum.

Folks...Eid is around the corner.

As I was making salat three words rocked my world.

Allah guarantees guidance.

If we submit to Him we need not escape anywhere. There is no need to escape. There is no need to fear. He will guide us to Him.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
@ sister Asja, may Allah make it easy for you and may He make the way back to Muslim land insha Allah azza wa jal, my kind prayers are for you and family and for those who are at the same condition.

May Allah bless you and reward you dear brother for your kind duas for me and for my family. Alhadmulillah, duas of one Muslim to others Muslims are never rejected.

May Allah accept all our duas for our Muslim Ummah and never leave us without His Protection and Guidance . Ameen ya Rabby:tti_sister:

La hawla wa la kuwata ilabillahi

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I'm sorry but I just started laughing at 1:36.

Same here... I thought it was *really* funny and creepy at the same time.

There are bad points everywhere - it's better to live in a muslim country, but I've seen muslims who are isolated live a much better religious life than some born muslims living in muslim countries.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Same here... I thought it was *really* funny and creepy at the same time.

There are bad points everywhere - it's better to live in a muslim country, but I've seen muslims who are isolated live a much better religious life than some born muslims living in muslim countries.

Very true. In fact, I've seen Muslims living in Muslim countries who strive to dress like Westerners and I've seen Muslims in non-Muslim countries dress even more Islamically than Muslims in Muslim countries!

esperanza

revert of many years
sadly this is often true...many muslims in western countries often new muslims becoming much stronger in faith and those in muslim countries becoming weaker