Hooris in Jannah, what about women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the fact that women have rights over man in some situations and man have rights over in other situations. That is not the point. The point is, Islam forbids the western way of being "COOL" in the sense that, man and women that are married, can go around and have sexual intercourse with other people, and they are totally cool about it, and don't get jealous of each other. It seems that is what is promised in Jannah for man!!!!!

I don't understand.. what about the women? They don't get 2 husbands? I have heard an explanation that men get rewarded with what their nature drives them, and women get rewarded with jewelery because it is their nature to love make up and other feminen things? I thought women loved a husband who would love them, take care of them, be faithful to them, and make them feel good about themselves more than make up!! Well what if that is true it may be a big generalization and not true for everybody, I hate jewelery and I am sure some men aren't sexual animals with the power for intercourse equivalent to 100 Hulk Hogans... This is in a Hadith that men get the power of 100 men for sexual intercourse...

It seems to my knowledge that Jannah is Paradise, A place of eternal peace and happiness... It is DEFINITELY true that the reason why people who have sex with whatever woman who satisfies their eyes. They are actually really unhappy because such an act only lasts 5 seconds and only gives man Temporary happiness... (of course unless with your wife, and out of love, not just for the feeling). This is Just like a drug... People wondering around nights in bars and strip joints trying to satisfy this temporary sexual satisfaction like
an addiction!!! Then This MAKES NO SENSE that these behaviors that cause only temporary happiness would exist in a beautiful paradise that promises eternal bliss!!!

I have read in many articles that man are rewarded in Jannah with a different
virgin every night, and their wives will not get jealous because there is no
such an emotion in Heaven... SO DOES THAT MEAN ALLAH TAKES AWAY THE FEELING OF JEALOUSY FROM WOMEN SO THAT THEY CANNOT EVEN FEEL THAT THEY ARE BEING INFERIOR? and not feel anything when they see their beloved husbands with different women??... I thought that men and women are EQUAL.. so why should men
get such rewards that are discouraged in earth, and women don't get anything in heaven but seeing their husbands have different wives?? Also, I thought love and being spiritual were so much more important than having beautiful women around you to satisfy yourself..(other than a life long lasting companion in the good and the bad days to support and love each other) which would make women sexual objects in Jannah. That doesn't make any sense.. and what is the purpose of encouraging people with material feelings when Jannah is supposed to be non-material.

Lastly, what is the difference between me and a christian, if I am supposted to believe blindly without questioning, reasoning, or intellagence, where it is encourauged in islam to use your intelligance, and try to find islam?? isnt it controdictory to say that just believe it because you have to, when we judge christians because they dont question the fact that their bible is so much different than what it used to be!!
I am sure that there is a logical explanation for this that I wasn't able to find. I was just troubled with this question because I am not getting any answers directly to my questions..

Thank you very much everbody for tring to help.

W.salamun alaykum!

:salam2:

I don't want to add something about this explanation bellow taken from Tafsir ibn Katir
Perhaps someone will say it's an other "totalitarianism" who will be in Paradise Astaghfiro Allah :astag:

(The first group to enter Paradise will be (shining) like the moon when it is full. The next group will be like the most radiant planet in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit or blow their noses. Their combs will be of gold and their sweat of musk; and censers of aloeswood will be used. Their wives will be from Al-Hur Al-`Ayn. Their shape will be similar to each other, the shape of their father `Adam, sixty cubits high in the sky.)

In other hand, some scholars say that men will have the shape of their father `Adam. And some other scholars says that men will have the shape of the prophet Joseph (Yusuf) who he was like an angel.

About Prophet Joseph (Yusuf) Allah says in the Quran in surah N°12 Joseph (Yusuf) verse n°31 :
"So when she heard of their sly talk she sent for them and prepared for them a repast, and gave each of them a knife, and said (to Yusuf): Come forth to them. So when they saw him, they deemed him great, and cut their hands (in amazement), and said: Remote is Allah (from inperfection); this is not a mortal; this is but a noble angel."

So the question that troubles my heart is that... Does islam give more favor to Man? are women inferior to Man in Jannah because they have to watch their husbands with different women ?

It seems really contradictory that islam on earth would prohibit such a thing,
and than allow it as a REWARD in heaven!!!! Men get at least 2 wives in Heaven, women get one husband and another Pal to share the man that she loved and cherished during her life on earth, and the men that die fighting get 70 maidens, and have their wife from earth as a side of mashed potatoes for their prime rib!!

I don't like to talk about the unseen that only Allah knows but i will say : If we accept the fact that only people who deserve to enter to Paradise, will be in Paradise ; and among those people the number of women will be more than man following the example of the high number of women in life (If the number of women in life is higher than men).
So don't tell me that in Paradise women who will not have their husbands, should live in Paradise without men or that other men must be created for her there in Paradise!!!

may Allah Arrahmane Arrahime the All-Knowing forgive us. Ameen

We have not to forget which sister said :
“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire

[Fussilat 41:31-32]

islamqa.com

It seems to me in Islam, that there is a limitation on the amount of wives you can have (four). Even though it is discouraged to have more than one wife, it is permissible. So far from what I understand Islam gives great importance to
family structure, and how you take care of your wife. therefore, there are
restrictions in regards to lusting, and having sexual intercourse with other
women than your wife.

Allah says in Surah N°4 women (an-Nisa') verse n°3:
"And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course."

:wasalam:

asalam alaikum,
the topic of discuss is very interesting. i am not knowledgible but i believe,
BEING AWAY FROM THE FIRE OF HELL IS A Great REWARD 4 ANY OF US BEING PUT IN JANNAH IS A PLUS TO THAT REWARD, THIS CAN BE UNDERSTOOD FROM THE HADITH OF THE last man to leave hell, the 1st thing he does is thank allah and from the meaning i got from it he said "noone has been blessed with that which i have been blessed with"( that is for being released from hell).
so when we get to jannah insha allah we will have all of eternity to sort out all out pleasures. insha allah.
(though it is not wrong 4 one to know the rewards and how they will be)
asalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi

There is a hadith that i heard many times in several conferences (perhpas some one will put it) which says that the last person who will be save from Hell and enter to Paradise will have a Kingdom inside Paradise wich will be more than kingdoms that all kings, who lived in earth, had since Adam till the last day!!
Wa Allaho A'lame
:wasalam:

halah

Asslamu alaikum ,

I don't know why most of the sisters busy their mindes with this question!

Just do your utmost to enter Paradise,then Allah the almighty will please you,you have to be sure of that.Paradise is the home of complete and everlasting happiness,May Allah grant us all the highest rank of Paradise(Ameen):tti_sister:

happy 2 b muslim

Yes the hoorayin are beautiful, However we are told that the women of this dunya that enters paradise will be 70 times beautifuller so the women in jannah will not be jelous AT ALL were in jannah inshallah.....

MOSABJA

In jannah there would be no HUDOOD no restrictions and things which are haram in dunya like sex,drinking,men wearing gold would be halal.Coming to your question that why God is motivating his believing men to do right things by promising them the things which are forbidden in world ..

Main thing what Allah wants to see is patience God says in SURAH ALASR that only those of mankind are successful who would have EEEMAAN(faith),GOOD DEEDS,SUPPORTING TRUTH,PATIENCE..

Patience that we would have to abstain from illegal sex and alcohol because God has forbidden us and would give us much better things then this in Aakhirah.

As far as women are concerned they too would get every thing they desire but certainly they would not feel jealous of their husbands with hooris or others because there would be no such feeling.

dianek

"As far as women are concerned they too would get every thing they desire"

So if in Heaven we get all our inner-desires, then I should desire to have my husband all unto myself with no other women!!!!!! IF that is my desire then I should have that! Right?

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Question

As-salamu `alaykum. Some traditional Muslims believe that Muslim men will be rewarded with 70 houris specially created for them and two believing women from this life. This is very demeaning and offensive to all women.

A question comes to my mind at this point. Why would God cause jealousy between husband and wife on this earth when He promises to give the same cause of jealousy (multiple wives) in Heaven to one gender (man) as a reward? Who put love, mercy, and affection between the spouses? It is sad to find that in traditional Muslim literature the concept of Heaven is a place specially created for men; there is no equality between men and women.

For men, Heaven is simply an extension of the earth where they established control and dominance over women through legitimizing unsanctioned polygamy and unlimited sex with females. One man’s Heaven is a woman’s Hell. This is supported by scholars, as a majority of them state that Paradise is a place of fulfillment of desires, and men—being prone to polygamy—will receive this as a reward.

My question is, how is it possible that Allah Almighty will grant the fulfillment of the desires of the male but not of the female—that is, to not share her husband with multiple women?

What about women who are patient in this life, hoping that their desire of not sharing their husbands will come true? I have read that scholars state that Allah will remove the “jealousy” from the heart of the women so they shouldn’t worry about it. Please explain how does this justify anything?

Instead of her desire/wish being fulfilled, she will be brainwashed, but on the other hand men won’t have to give up anything. Why won’t Allah remove the lust to have multiple wives from their hearts in order to please the female servants, while He will remove jealousy from the hearts of females in order to please male servants?

How come jealousy is a “female” product? When men are jealous, their jealousy is labeled as “ghayrah” (attack on morality). Bur when women are “jealous”, they are labeled as jealous beings? How I see it, being neutral, jealousy is a human product and not just a female thing. Allah created one mate, at least that’s what is mentioned in the Qur’an, for Adam (peace be upon him).

Therefore it is the fitrah of every male and female to feel “jealousy” when it is about sharing one’s spouse. Men are more possessive and would react in a similar way, even worse when it is about sharing their spouse. The reason is because we are both human beings. I totally agree with the “acceptance” of polygamy in this life, because it is a “solution” advised in the situations to avoid the haram. But it is discouraged by putting conditions on it. But paradise is every Muslim’s (men and women) goal. It doesn’t sound/feel right to the fitrah that it will be more rewarding towards men and again will require females to sacrifice and share. No matter how you put it, it is sharing the reward when one’s husband will have at least two other wives.

Does Allah love men more than women? A male martyr will receive 70 wives, but if a female servant of Allah dies for Jihad fisabillillah, she will still be required to share her husband with other wives. This concept is very discouraging and offensive towards Muslim sisters.

I personally feel like crying because it seems that no matter how hard I work to please Allah, even go as far as giving up my life for Allah Almighty, my reward will not be equivalent to that of a male servant.

Answer

Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Sister, first of all, we’d like to say that we are impressed by your question, which emanates from a thoughtful heart. May Allah Almighty help us all adhere to the principles of this true religion, Islam, and enable us to be among the dwellers of Paradise in the Hereafter.

Paradise is the abode of the believers in the Hereafter. Allah has prepared for His believing servants, males and females, in Paradise indescribable bliss which no eye has seen, no ear has heard of, and that has never ever crossed the minds of people, to the extent that even the person who has the least blessings in Paradise will think that he is the most blessed one.

In more than one Qur’anic verse, Allah Most High, calls upon His servants to do their utmost in order to be favored with Paradise. For example, He says, (And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil).) (Aal `Imran 3: 133)

As regards your question, we’d like to inform you that in Paradise believing men and women will be showered with blessings; there is no room for discrimination based on sex in Paradise. The life of women in jannah will be as pleasant and happy as the life of men. Allah is not partial to any sex. He created both of them and He will take care of both of them according to their needs and desires. Let us all work to achieve the jannah and then, in sha’ Allah, we will find there what will satisfy all of us fully.

In his response to your question, Dr. Sano Koutoub Moustapha, professor of Fiqh and its Principles, International Islamic University, Malaysia, states the following:

Thank you so much for your very interesting comments and understanding of the issue of polygamy and the blessings given to men in Heaven.

I congratulate you for your logical ability and critical way of looking at things. However, I shall also confirm to you the issue of polygamy, be it in this life or the hereafter, it should not be classified as a privilege but rather a solution as you correctly mentioned in your arguments.

In other words, Islam does not open the door of polygamy for all men as it does not open it to women at all. As you may know well that each ruling or law has an exception and the exception is not the principle, therefore, we can not judge a law through its exceptions.

In this regard, I shall remind you that rewarding a mujahid with many wives doesn’t mean betraying the female mujahid.

It simply means there is a such reward for those mujahids who are looking for it. In other words, there is no compulsion upon all mujahids to accept or reject this reward. It is exactly the same thing as the polygamy in this life.

It is meant for those who want it, not for every single mujahid. Yet every Muslim man and woman who is allowed to enter Heaven is given the opportunity to get whatever he or she wants as clearly stated in the Qur’an and many Hadiths of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). This means that those women who don’t want their husbands to have more could be granted this wish and desire. At the same time if the husbands of those women want to have more than them Allah is great and can satisfy each of them in the way He, the Almighty, wants.

Therefore, a woman should not be frustrated for a privilege of polygamy offered to men. This is not, for sure, at the expense of woman. Heaven is meant for both men and women, both of them are equally entitled to get what they wish for.

Certainly, there would be no clashes in their wishes, if any, the Almighty knows how to please each of them. Having said that, I shall inform you that the existing setup of humans in terms of desire, would be changed on the Day of Judgment.

In other words, both men and women would not be allowed to enter Heaven in their existing physical makeup. They will be in a better and greater form as stated by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Both of them would enjoy living together and having whatever they wish and like.

Finally, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) describes Heaven as a place where there are many things which no eyes have ever seen, no ears have ever heard before and no heart has ever felt. Let us pray the Almighty to grant us this great and wonderful place. Let us work harder and harder to be in this place. It is only through our full submission to the will and the orders of Allah that we will one day be granted this place.

msaeed

Salaamualikumwrwb.

Dear sister, I empathize with you as I have personally asked myself this question a number of times in the past until Alhamdulilah I understood it better. I would like to suggest to you to temporarily keep this issue at the back of your mind, while in the mean time, strictly watch your obligations to Allaah SWT (prayers, zakat, etc), increase your sunnah prayers, your reading of the Quran and general knowledge of Islam, in order to help increase your Emaan. Shaytaan runs in us as blood does-it is easy for him to confuse us greatly and misguide us about things we are still trying to learn, so do what you can in order to not deviate from the Straight Path. When you feel your emaan is a higher, then revisit this issue again InshAllaah and re-read
everyones comments and do your own research again. InshAllaah with time, SubhanAllaah it just makes sense and it becomes easier to accept and understand.

Having said that, I would like to point out the following points:

1. Jannah is our ultimate goal and its hard to get there. Focus more on getting there since regardless, it will be better than the life we have now guaranteed. Leave the details of it to Allaah SWT.

2. If this is causing your emaan to decrease by the Shaytaan's waswaas'as, then consider the fact that Allaah SWT created us. He created us to feel love, hatred, jealousy, etc. It comes from Him. Just as He created that for us in this life, why should we feel upset that He will take away any negative feelings from our hearts, such as jealousy in Paradise? If it weren't for Him, we would not have even come to know that these feelings exist. He promises us it will all be good with no negative, for eternity. It is not as if He will be closing our eyes or hearts to these abstract, negative feelings, rather they will not have any place in Jannah. If you feel upset that He will take these feelings away in Jannah, then why not feel upset that He has created them in the first place in this life?

3. Allaah SWT tells us that Jannah will be like nothing our minds imagine. What He does tell us of it, helps motivate us to strive for it. If He didnt reveal some of what it will have, then it would make it harder for us to strive for it if we just know that "It will be better". Allaah SWT is All-Wise. He knows His creation. For many men, women are a motivation to them. Consider a case perhaps that a man's wife may be driving him nuts, but drives himself to patiently deal with her justly so that she does not go through the whole divorce ordeal. Him reminding himself of the bounties of Jannah and of the wives he would be entitled to, might just help him remain tolerant and patient.
What Allaah SWT has revealed of Paradise is only a glimpse of it. We dont know what else there could be InshAllaah. We do know however, that EVERYONE will be happy and grateful and that we will all get what our heart's desire.

4. Allaah SWT tells us that men shall have 2 wives from this world, however, consider the idea that perhaps some men or some women simply do not want a spouse in the next life. Would it be forced upon them to have a spouse? Again, we all get what we want. There are no limits, no boundaries. There will be no evil. What is forbidden for us in this life, may just be permissible for us in the next life,(ex wine), so its not fair to compare the two.

5. The fact that there would be 2 women from this life for every men suggests that there will be more women than men in Paradise. If theres more women than men, then there would be a shortage, as there wouldnt even be enough men from this life to distribute 1 to each woman. Its not like Allaah SWT says directly that the women of paradise will NOT have any other companion in Paradise except for her one husband...He simply leaves it open. What He does mention to us is at least the bare minimum that we can "expect". If a shaheed is entitled to 72 hurs, it is not to say that he is HAS to accept that. It is his entitlement from Allaah SWT as He promised, so its there for him, but it doesnt mean he has to act upon it. (you can do what I did, and strike up a deal with your spouse to NOT accept any hurs if theyre entitled to any of them or else you'll make *certain* requests to Allaah SWT about those young, beardless male servants...and when he says "hey what do you mean?" or starts saying how theres no proof for that, then just point out theres not really any proof against and jus shrug your shoulders and say "well its my Jannah". Jokes...wel, kinda)

6. You can always ask questions sister about your religion. Its a matter or hell or heaven and so you should make sure youre on the straight path and not just following what you were raised up as. Having said that, once you know what you believe in and truly put your faith in Allaah SWT, then you try not to go against the rulings of Allaah SWT. Islam is both, proof and faith. Theres proof for those who are still new to it, in order to show them that its the Right path. After that, its a matter of obeying all the laws and orders of Allaah SWT without second guessing them or questioning the wisdom behind them. Its more of like the whole "Jump/How high" vs "Jump/Why" sort of commitment and obedience. I think this is what the sheiks mean when they stress not questioning Allaah's rules as its more directed for those who already hold faith in Islam and Allaah SWT versus those whom do not believe in it in the first place and so would require more than just encouragement to put their faith in Allaah SWT.

7. Men and women are equal in the sight of Allaah SWT except for those whom are more pious. Just because we're equal doesnt mean we're exactly the same. We have physical, mental and emotional differences. Men have superiority over women in certain aspects such as physical strength, while women have more superiority over men from a caring and nurturing perspective. In the same manner, like our differences, we may have rewards that are different from one another, but that in no way suggest inequality. If you want to reward your son for something, perhaps you'll let him play a video game for example, whereas if you want to reward your daughter, perhaps you'll let her invite her friend over, or buy her something nice. Men and women have different needs and wants so obviously rewards would differ. We're promised, men and women, to have what we want in Jannah. Thats all that matters. Now the problem is just getting there. Leave the rest to Allaah SWT InshAllaah and focus on attaining that bliss, InshAllaah.

InshAllaah sister I hope you reach some closure on this issue soon. Keep revisiting this issue in short intervals but dont let the fact that you dont understand it quite yet hinder you from your obligations to Allaah SWT or from the straight path.

Salaamualikumwrwb.

Adnan K

Arabic translation question-

A'Salaam Aleikum to all;
could someone tell me what the Arabic script is for "Beautiful Maidens" i.e. "the Maidens of Jannah" as described below? (Hur (fair females) with wide lovely eyes)? Jazaak Allahu Khair in advance!

(وَحُورٌ عِينٌ - كَأَمْثَـلِ اللُّؤْلُؤِ الْمَكْنُونِ )

(And Hur (fair females) with wide lovely eyes. Like preserved pearls.) Therefore, Allah's statement,

(إِنَّآ أَنشَأْنَـهُنَّ)

(Verily, We have created them), meaning, in the other life, after they became old in this life, they were brought back while virgin, youthful, being delightfully passionate with their husbands, beautiful, kind and cheerful.

Concerning your questions :

this is an other explanation taken from Tafsir ibn Katir

(The first group to enter Paradise will be (shining) like the moon when it is full. The next group will be like the most radiant planet in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit or blow their noses. Their combs will be of gold and their sweat of musk; and censers of aloeswood will be used. Their wives will be from Al-Hur Al-`Ayn. Their shape will be similar to each other, the shape of their father `Adam, sixty cubits high in the sky.)

So some scholars say that men will have the shape of their father `Adam because he was the first human that Allah SWT created. And some other scholars says that men will have the shape of the prophet Joseph (Yusuf) who he was like an angel.

Allah says in the Quran in surah N°12 Joseph (Yusuf) verse n°31 :
"So when she heard of their sly talk she sent for them and prepared for them a repast, and gave each of them a knife, and said (to Yusuf): Come forth to them. So when they saw him, they deemed him great, and cut their hands (in amazement), and said: Remote is Allah (from inperfection); this is not a mortal; this is but a noble angel."

What i know that the prophet's :saw: women did not get married after his death because they will be again his wives in Paradise. So scholars says that it will be the same for the person who were married only one time during his/her life.

Incha'Allah, Scholars too says that if one of member of family is in high degree daraja in Paradise and that his family in low degree in Paradise, Allah will rise his member of family to her/him.

I hope i did not make big mistakes because it's a hard question that people misunderstand and use it as point to reproach untruth things to Islam!

But we have to remember that Allah did not reveale a lot of His unseen and Allah knows best Wa Allaho A'lam

WaSalam[/QUOTE]

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I agree

The problem and anxiety you're facing stems from the fact that you are thinking of paradise as another planet earth. It is hard enough being able to enter heaven, you are already worrying about how your experience there will be.
You should trust in Allah (swt) that heaven will be perfect

Asalamu Alaykum,

Well said dear brother! :ma:

All we need to do is put our trust in the all mighty Allah and we will be well taken care of Insha'Allah. May Allah make our eman stronger, and guide us in the right path...amin!

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Almost every Hadith or Verse that talks about jannah refers to both men and women.. Only that in Islam it is indecent to speak about the sexual desires of women.

Thats why most of hadiths and verses mention men using the arabic word "Rijal". (As scholars agreed upon), except in certin hadiths and verses where men means men, and women means women.

Regarding your question, When women enter Jannah, they will get whatever they desire..

And Allah knows best.

EqualLove

in tears...

I am sorry but every time I remember this subject of the Hur Al Ain, I am in tears because I feel so frustrated.

I just can't comprehend in any way shape or form how such a thing could be a highlight in Jannah considering the natural state of humans. As humans we naturally feel jealousy and even the Prophet PBUH's daughter felt jealousy and she did not want for her husband to marry a second wife. I feel that in Islam the woman is labelled as the jealous one but only because the man is never put in such a situation. I know men would kill over jealousy but yet we are the jelous ones because men have their women covered and can have more than one. Where is there room for a Muslim man to feel jealousy. If his wives are covered (so no one will look at them) and they get more than one.

I believe that we as women are not the "jealous" ones but the oppressed ones who are forced to feel these natural feelings.

Now considering all this I am willing to accept all this BUT NO FARTHER THAN THIS DUNYA...because this dunya is about sacrificing and just a journey to the next, but I am starting to lose motivation knowing what lies in the HereAfter is more sacrifice for us women. Sacrificing through and through and through...when will get a break? When will we get the upper hand and feel like we are being treated like equals? I don't want to be ONE of anything, I want to be the one and only for my husband. I believe that to be one of a group should be reserved for pets and animals and things inferior to us. As a human being I should have equality to my male partener. I have given birth to a son (a male) and as women we bear children and give birth to males and yet I am not equal to a man?

The_truth

I am sorry but every time I remember this subject of the Hur Al Ain, I am in tears because I feel so frustrated.

I just can't comprehend in any way shape or form how such a thing could be a highlight in Jannah considering the natural state of humans. As humans we naturally feel jealousy and even the Prophet PBUH's daughter felt jealousy and she did not want for her husband to marry a second wife. I feel that in Islam the woman is labelled as the jealous one but only because the man is never put in such a situation. I know men would kill over jealousy but yet we are the jelous ones because men have their women covered and can have more than one. Where is there room for a Muslim man to feel jealousy. If his wives are covered (so no one will look at them) and they get more than one.

I believe that we as women are not the "jealous" ones but the oppressed ones who are forced to feel these natural feelings.

Now considering all this I am willing to accept all this BUT NO FARTHER THAN THIS DUNYA...because this dunya is about sacrificing and just a journey to the next, but I am starting to lose motivation knowing what lies in the HereAfter is more sacrifice for us women. Sacrificing through and through and through...when will get a break? When will we get the upper hand and feel like we are being treated like equals? I don't want to be ONE of anything, I want to be the one and only for my husband. I believe that to be one of a group should be reserved for pets and animals and things inferior to us. As a human being I should have equality to my male partener. I have given birth to a son (a male) and as women we bear children and give birth to males and yet I am not equal to a man?

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Firstly sister we have to realise that we are by no means not guaranteed entry into paradise in the first place. The road to Paradise if full of trials and tribulations and tests that we will have to endure for the road to Paradise is a very difficult one. So making it to Paradise in the first place should be our main concern and goal let alone what will happen in Paradise.

Also sister what you have to realise is that Allah created MUCH more women than men and by the end of this world the amount of women ration to men will be to numerous to count. It is therefore inevitable that there will be countless women who would have died without marrying for one reason or another. Therefore what will they have? Will they be alone in Jannah without a partner? Allah has allowed that a man can marry upto 4 wives because of the fact that the women and man ratio is so unequal especially by the end of times.

So is it not logical that if there women to man ratio is so unequal that there will be MANY women who will leave the earth without partners in this world.

Sister if a womens desire can be fulfilled with only having one husband in this world then will her desire not be fulfilled with only one man in the hereafter? A women is only made for one man but a man for more than one women and this can be seen from the biological make up of a women and a man for it is completly unnatural for a women to have more than one man and that is why much sexual diseases are prevelant for that is scientifically proven. Every women will have their desires more than fulfilled in Paradise for Allah says:

"They shall have whatever they wish with their Lord." [Qur'an: Surat Zumar, 34]

No women will have the feelings that you are feeling now in Paradise. Sameway no man will feel any enmity towards another. All will be satisfied with their position and even think that they have been given more than others and will be completely content.

When your in paradise you will think that the feelings that your feling now are unnatural just like now you think that the feelings that you will feel in Paradise are unnatural.

In Islam it is stessed on a women more that she be modest in dress. Also naturally women are shyer. So, in accordance to women's shy and modest nature, Allah tells women subtly of the types of rewards women shall get, and because man's nature is different he tells them straightup that they will get this many wives.

"Therein you shall have (all) that your inner-selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask for. "An entertainment from (Allâh), the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Fussilat 41:31-32)

Allah created us the way we are (Whcih even science backs up) because he is the all knowing and the best in judgement.

"And who is better in judgement than Allâh for a people who have firm Faith? (Al-Ma'idah 5:50)

Some Non-Muslims point out to verses in the Qur'an, which speak about how Muslim men would be able to have sex with the Houris in paradise. Then they exclaim that this is immorality or fornication. However, we must pay close attention to what the Quran actually says...

Allâh (SWT) says in the Holy Quran:

So (it will be), and We shall marry them to Houris (female fair ones) with wide, lovely eyes. [Surah Ad-Dukhân (44):54]

First you can read some verses of the Holy Quran mentioning that Muslim men and women will receive the rewards of Paradise Equally:

These are some verses of the Holy Quran that show the equality that men and women receive when it comes to attaining the rewards of paradise.

Surah Âl-'Imrân (3):195:

So their Lord accepted their prayer: That I will not waste the work of a worker among you, whether male or female. You are (members) one of another.......

Surah An-Nisâ' (4):194:

And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allâh (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqîra (speck on the back of a datestone), will be done to them.
Surah An-Nahl (16):97 :

Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).

Surah AlAhzâb (33):35:

Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allâh in Islâm) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islâmic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allâh), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allâh has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allâh has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allâh), the men and the women who give Sadaqât (i.e. Zakât, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadân, and the optional Nawâfil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allâh much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting, standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allâh during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawâfil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allâh has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).

Surah YâSîn (36):56:

They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones.

Surah Az-Zukhruf (43):70:

Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.

Houris (hoor al-ayn/hurs/hoors) are completely a different creation and are unmatched when compared with the Muslim women of this world:

*Definition of Houris (hoor al-Ayn/hur ul-Ayn/hoors/hurs) from Noble Quran:

"Very fair females created by Allah as such not from the off-spring of Adam, with intense black irises of their eyes and intense white scleras". [Noble Quran; Glossary; Houris]

So it is obvious that houris (hoor al-Ayn) will be different from the off-springs of the Prophet Adam (A.S.), and as humans are the most superior creation of Allah (SWT) so Muslim women are superior to houris just like we as humans are superior to Jinns, Angels and all other creatures of Allah (SWT) that exist. So a hoori who is one of the delights of Paradise, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds. But for Muslim women, they themselves are from the off-springs of Adam and the rewards of Paradise are created for them and on the contrary houris (hoor al-Ayn) themselves are from the rewards of Paradise.

Therefore, the houris (hoor al-Ayn) are not from the offsprings of Adam (A.S.) and have thier own attributes and are living in Paradise since it was created. But righteous women of the this world will enter Paradise after surviving the pains, hardships and performing righteous deeds in this world.

A superior recreation and high status of Muslim women in the Hereafter (in Paradise):

Allah (SWT) mentions that He will recreate Muslim women in Paradise in the following verse of Quran:

"Lo! We have created them a (new) creation. And made them virgins…" [Sura Al-Waqi`ah (56): 35-36]

That is, Allah will recreate the elderly women and make them virgins; the same will be done for old men, Allah will make them youth. This is also mentioned in the following Hadith:

Al-Hasan Al-Basri says that: "An old woman came to the messenger of Allah and made a request, O’ Messenger of Allah make Dua that Allah grants me entrance into Jannah. The messenger of Allah replied, O’ Mother, an old woman cannot enter Jannah. That woman started crying and began to leave. The messenger of Allah said, Say to the woman that one will not enter in a state of old age, but Allah will make all the women of Jannah young virgins (forever)." [At-Tirmizi]

It is also mentioned in the Hadith that the women of this worldly life have superiority over houris (hoor al-Ayn) due to the acts of worship and obedience that they performed in this world. Therefore, the believing women will enter Paradise just like the believing men. If a woman had a number of husbands, she, upon entering Paradise with them, would choose among them the one with the best character and behavior.

The following Hadiths confirms the fact stated above:

Umme Salamah (Radiahallahu Anha) narrates that she said to the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) "O Rasûlullah, are the women of this world superior or the hûrs (of Paradise)?" He replied, "The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs (houris) just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining." Umme Salamah R.A then asked, "O Rasûlullah, what is the reason for this?" He answered, "Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshipped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies. [The human women] will be fair in complexion and will wear green clothing and yellow jewelry. Their incense-burners will be made of pearls and their combs will be of gold. They will say, 'We are the women who will stay forever and we will never die. We are the women who will always remain in comfort and we will never undergo difficulty. We are the women who will stay and we will never leave. Listen, we are happy women and we will never become sad. Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us.'" [Tabrânî]

So it is clear that Muslim women will not feel jealous of the houris (hoor al-Ayn) as righteous women of this world will be much more superior and beautiful than houris (hoor al-Ayn), in Jannah (Paradise).

Thus the situation of the believing woman in Paradise will be better than the situation of the houris (hoor al-Ayn); she will be higher in status and more beautiful. If a righteous woman from among the people of this world enters Paradise, then she will do so as a reward for her righteous deeds and as an honor from Allah to her for her religious commitment and righteousness. As for the houri who is one of the delights of Paradise, is an immortal woman, who does not age. She speaks softly and does not raise voice at her man; she is always reconciled with him. Having been brought up in luxury, she is a luxury herself, she has only been created in Paradise for the sake of someone else, and has been made the reward for the believing man for his righteous deeds. There is a great difference between one who enters Paradise as a reward for her righteous deeds and the one who was created as a reward for one who did righteous deeds. The former is a queen and a princess, and the latter, no matter how beautiful she is, is undoubtedly lower in status than a queen, and she (houri) is subject to the command of her believing master (man) for whom Allah created her as a reward.

Men and women are equal apart from those who are more pious in the eyes of Allah. Men and women are equal but does'nt mean they are the same. Men have physical, mental and emotional differences. Men have superiority over women in certain aspects such as physical strength, while women have more superiority over men from a caring and nurturing perspective. In the same manner, like our differences, we may have rewards that are different from one another, but that in no way suggest inequality. If you want to reward your son for something, perhaps you'll let him play a video game for example, whereas if you want to reward your daughter, perhaps you'll let her invite her friend over, or buy her something nice. Men and women have different needs and wants so obviously rewards would differ.

The main reason why the Quran and Hadith are stressing the fact that men will get Houris (Hoor al-Ayn) is because it more appealing to men than promising virgin men to women. Allah mentions the Hoor Al`Een because in most cases men pursue women and not vice versa. It is just the way men are created. As for women,There are a lot of temptations in this world. That is why that Allah keeps promising these virgin girls to those that remain patient and steadfast. That way, this motivates the unmarried men to remain chaste and be patient because they know they have something better waiting for them in the next life. As if they do not get it legally in the next life then they would get it illegally in this life. Men and women are biologically different so there is no point comparing what gifts they will get to what gifts women will get in paradise in the same way we buy different gifts for men and different for women. Regardless Allah gives equal reward to men and women in Paradise depending on their position and status in the hereafter.

Regardless men and women will have ANYTHING they want for eternity without ANY bad feelings at all in their hearts for those feelings are only restricted to this world because this world is a test but the next life is NOT a test and therefore we will be FULLY purified internally and externally.

So sister what your feeling in your heart is one of the feelings that Allah has instilled in us humans. He instilled it in us as a test for us to see how we will react and whether or not we will transgress and go away from Allah or get closer to him. If he is the one that has created these feelings in the hearts of humans in the first place then can he not simply take these feelings away? If he were to take these feelings away how is that brain washing? All he is doing is taking away bad feelings from our hearts because the feelings are only in our hearts in this world because this life is a test but in Jannah there is no test so there is no need for Allah to keep these bad feelings in our hearts so they are simply eradicated. Your only feeling this now and you will only feel it in this world because this life is a test. The hereafter is not a test for the test is only restricted to this world so why should we carry on feeling these bad feelings in Jannah?

How your felt as a child is different to how you felt as a teenager. How you felt as a teenager is different to how you felt now. Sameway how your feeling now will be different to how you will feel when your elderly. So do you think how you feel in this world will be the same as how you feel in the hereafter?

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allaah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”

[al-A’raaf 7:43]

There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancour in the hearts of the people of Paradise. Al-hoor al-‘iyn are something which Allaah has created to honour the people of Paradise and to increase their delight.

We need to focus on doing whatever we can to get there not what we will feel once were their because it is impossible to even comprehend what it will be like after death let alone in Paradise.

Analyze and accept men's innate sexual nature:

Scholars reassure women that the jealousy they feel in this world at the prospect of sharing their husband with another woman will not be felt by them in Paradise. Further, they exhort that women should submit to Allah’s Will regarding that which He has decreed for Paradise, which is Al-ghayb (Unseen/Unknown), and questioning anything about the Unseen is advised against. This is because only Allah knows the details of what rewards Paradise will harbor, and whatever of those details He has chosen to describe in the Qur'an and Prophetic narrations, cannot even be properly imagined by the human mind, let alone understood or grasped in their true essence. Thirdly, Muslim women are given the consolation that at the end of it all, if they are admitted to Paradise, their status and beauty will far outweigh that of their husband’s hoors, so they needn't worry.

The real answer to the “objection”, however, of this seeming ‘unfairness’ of rewards in Paradise, - with men receiving a multitude of young, beautiful women to have physical relations with, while women being “restricted” to just one husband, lies simply in the basic physiological and physical differences between men and women.

The nature of men - that is, their physical, physiological and psychological make-up is such that the level of lust, sexual arousal, and temptation for procreation which they feel during this worldly life, is higher than that felt by women. Men are more prone to visual stimuli and frequent temptations. Women should try to understand that Allah has motivated men by the detailed description of Hoor’s in Paradise, as a reward for their restraining themselves from zina (unlawful sexual intercourse i.e. adultery outside the marriage bond) in the world, because men easily get tempted time and again. Even if they love their wife, and she is very beautiful, they still desire other attractive women physically. Simply put: men get aroused by a single, casual glance at a body-part or a small flash of skin. They also desire unrestricted polygamy (i.e. they love the idea of having physical relations with a multitude of young women).

The idea, for women, of having simultaneous multiple partners, though, is too abhorred and repulsive. However, men find the idea appealing. I have myself read questions on some Islamic Q&A and counselling websites in which men have asked scholars and experts, much to the latter’s horror, whether they can have a threesome with both their wives; or intercourse in the back passage with their wife’s consent; whether they can watch *!*!*!*! with their wife, or marry a second, younger wife in secret, and so on. I remember being shocked when I read a male poster's comment on a blog under a photograph showing supermodels of famous a lingerie brand, "I'd do them all in one night!" Other comments have also made my jaw drop; they are just too unmentionable.

The problem is that men do not admit these desires to women, not even to their wives, but they share them with other men. That is why it not uncommon to find, in bachelor accommodations in every part of the world, a 24-hour *!*!*!*! channel, or piles of famous adult magazines. No such things are found in all-women dormitories, though. Prostitution, too, being the oldest profession in the world, has existed since centuries for the same reason. Male prostitutes are a much rarer phenomenon, though. The reasons for these are the same: men desire sexual relations with a variety of women during this worldly life, even if they love their wife with all their heart. Consequently, making do with just one woman for their whole lives is very difficult for them, a situation requiring much patience and restraint.

Women should embrace and accept this aspect of men’s nature, and face the fact that their husband would love to have more than one wife, not just in Paradise, but in this world too, if it were possible. Men’s physical desire for several young women simultaneously, has little to do with their love for each. For men, love and a physical relationship are not always one and the same thing.

If you, as a woman, find the concept of Hoor's in Paradis difficult to accept, that is because of your lack of understanding and knowledge of men’s sexual nature, which Allah has ingrained in them with Himself, as a severe test of their patience. I have heard many married friends complain of their husbands staring at beautiful women on the streets, on television, or their flirting with their wife’s own friends and cousins. Others have to deal with outright cheating and adultery in silence.

Reflect upon why rules and laws of Islam are different for women, than for men:

In order to better understand the difference in sexuality of men and women, try to reflect upon the following differences in Islamic laws and restrictions pertaining to the two genders:

◦Men are not even allowed a second glance at a woman after the first, accidental one, whereas women have a less strict restriction regarding lowering the gaze.

◦Men do not have to veil themselves, whereas women do.

◦Men can take up to four wives, with strict restrictions, whereas women are forbidden to be polygamous in marriage, much to their relief and ease.

The differences in the above rulings apply for the reasons already cited – men’s physical desirers being different from women’s. That is why, women are obliged to cover themselves in front of men, and men are endorsed to lower their gaze. They can not even look at a woman while talking to her on the basis of need; they can not even talk to her unless there is a genuine, permissible need to do so. This is a very strict restriction upon them from Allah, one that is difficult to fulfill. One who fulfills them, therefore, is entitled to a great reward.

Accept that your husband wants this reward - despite what he says to the contrary:

Muslim women should appreciate the fact that if their husband is trying to obey Allah in this world, by trying to not gaze at women, and to avoid any kind of relations with them, particularly if his wife has aged or is not beautiful to begin with, he is indeed fighting a major battle against his base self, striving hard to be patient in obeying this extremely difficult command of Allah, and deserves ample reward for it in the Akhirah. If you truly love your husband for the sake of Allah, wouldn’t you be big-hearted enough to rise above your petty possessiveness and insecurities, to let him have what he really wants, and more? Believe it - he WANTS those hoors! And if you truly love him, you should forget your jealous feelings and pray for Allah to recompense him with what he wants, and deserves, in Paradise.

Reflect upon the reasons for your jealousy:

As an empowered Muslim woman enjoying a lofty status and economic independence, following a religion in which you will never be reduced to a sex object or a physical body to be enjoyed by all and sundry, why are you so insecure that you feel jealous at the prospect of your "man" being shared by other women? Are you afraid of losing his love, of being given less importance by him, of no longer being the "one and only" in his life? What is it that you acually fear losing? Your control over his life? Your high status as the love of his life? Why do you believe so blindly in a man's monogamous love? Is it because romance novels and movies tell you that "the prince and princess lived happily ever after?" Or because man-made laws dictate that polygamy is illegal, because it is a cruelty and oppression toward women? Do you know that, demographically speaking, if each man were to marry just one woman, thousands of women would remain without mates, with no prospects of having children, a family life, a home of their own? Would you not love for other women what you want for your own self?

As far as petty jealousies and over-possessiveness go, many married women get jealous even if their husband compliments their sister before them ("You never gave me that compliment when I wore that color! Are you saying she's prettier than me?"); or if he spends more time in a day with his mother than with them; or if he talks in private on the phone with his best friend for more than an hour, when they are around waiting for his attention, etc. Women can get so insecure and possessive, that no woman is allowed even a second glance or casual physical proximity with their husband (I personally know a lady who hires no domestic maids for this reason!)

If you lack self-worth or suffer from low self-esteem, or if you are selfish in your love for your husband so much so that you do not want him to get what HE wants just because YOU do not like it, then perhaps you should study the Qur'an and ahadith more until you grasp the essence of reality. Anyone knowledgeable in Islam knows that Allah will grant her the most supreme of pleasures and perpetual happiness in Paradise, where she will never be sad, insecure, jealous or angry, even if her husband has other wives.

The Paradise of Islam is not a drunken orgy, as most haters claim:

Anti-Islam propagandists use the description of women, wine and dining in Islam's Paradise as a hate-mongering technique. They misconstrue these rewards by comparing them to similar pastimes prevalent in social gatherings here on earth. What they don't realize is that when Allah forbids some temporary pleasures in this world, the indulgence in which cause harm to humans themselves, (such as drinking causing accidents; adultery causing divorce, unwanted pregnancies, and broken homes etc.), He compensates those who obey Him by abstaining from these pleasures for His sake, with more sublime, everlasting pleasures of the same kind in the Hereafter, only without their negative consequences!

Also, some people claim that Islam uses the male sexual urge, by describing Hoors to Muslim men as a reward, to make them become righteous. Allah has not mentioned Hoors in the Qur'an as the sole motivating factor for men; those who dwell just on this aspect, driven by sexual urges to do good deeds in order to get those Hoors, have missed the spirit of Islam. There are three reasons why a Muslim does good deeds, or lives an Islamic way of life:

◦To escape the Hell-Fire,

◦To attain Paradise (implying that they covet the physical rewards of Paradise), and

◦To please Allah out of their love for Him.

The true believers reach this third level of faith, in which they don't obsessively covet the rewards they are promised for doing good deeds; they do good only to please Allah, whose attributes they have recognized by gaining in-depth knowledge of the Qur'an. Therefore, if they know that there will be rivers of honey in Paradise ["..and rivers of honey pure and clear" - Surah Muhammad, 47:15], they don't argue or indulge in discussions about the length and depth of these rivers, or the taste of this honey; they just hope that Allah will be pleased with them when they leave this world, and will consequently grant them the best reward in the Hereafter.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

1) The people in Paradise will not have the emotions of "jealousy," "envy," or any other negative feelings. All in Heaven will be in a state of bliss.

“And We shall remove from their hearts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); Beneath them will be rivers flowing, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’” [7:43]​

There are some who may be surprised to know that men in Paradise will be wed to Al-Hoor al-‘iyn. Men and women are separate from one another and possess their own individual souls. The husband is not intertwined to his wife, nor is the fate of the wife intertwined with that of her husband. For example Nuh and Lut (peace be upon them) were prophets of Allah, however, their wives were disbelievers and will become inmates of Hell. This is mentioned in the following verse, “Allah sets forth, for an example to the unbelievers, the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut: they were (respectively) under two of our righteous servants, but they were false to their (husbands), and they profited nothing before Allah on their account, but were told: ‘Enter ye the Fire along with (others) that enter!’” [66:10]. Allah (The Exalted) created mankind as a social creature, living within communities and families, “There is not an animal (that lives) on the Earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you...” [6:38]. Each soul was drawn from the backbone of Adam (peace be upon him). Allah (The Exalted and Glorified) determined which souls would comprise a family, which souls would marry, which children they would be given as a trust to raise, and so forth. These relationships are part of the trial and life of this world. However, on the Day of Resurrection, kinship and family ties will be severed and each soul will return to its original state of being independent, “To Us shall return all that he talks of and he shall appear before Us bare and alone” [19:80]. The husband and wife have their own individual responsibility before Allah. Both the man and woman are expected to become true slaves of Allah (The Exalted and Glorified). The purpose of marriage should be to help one another in adhering to the rulings of the Creator and to raise pious Believers. Those that enter Paradise with other members of their families, will be permitted to reunite, by the Mercy of Allah. Each of them will be given an ample reward in Paradise that suits their nature. The reward of Al-Hoor al-‘iyn suits the nature of man.

The men in Heaven are married to the Hoori's as their wives, and have relations with them separately in privacy. As for as the drink known as "wine" in Heaven is concerned, this drink is called "wine" in order to give the people of the Earth an idea of what awaits in Heaven. The drink does not cause intoxication and loss of senses, it simply tastes sweet.

2) This is an Islamic website so let us keep the language in good taste and not use phrases coming from delusional non-Muslims, attempting to make attacks on Islam.

3) Now as far as the religion of the christians is concerned, it is composed of the very filth that they try to attack Islam with. They only fool ignorant persons that have never taken the time to read through their books. Look at the following examples:

(1) They babble about Hoori's in Paradise for one man, when they believe the Prophet Solomon (peace be upon him) was married to 700 women and also had 300 concubines.

"Solomon held fast to them in love. He had 700 official wives and 300 concubines." [bible kings 11:1-3]

(2) They believe the Prophet Nuh (Noah) (peace be upon him) was a drunkard, that was found from time to time drunk out of his mind on the streets and in his home. There is a story of him in the bible getting drunk out of his mind and then dancing naked in front of his children. Now, what kind of father is that?

(3) The prophet Dawud (David) (peace be upon him) is also told in their fictitious stories to have danced around naked in public.

"And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod [i.e. an embroidered robe]...Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, who uncovered himself today in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!" [bible book II samuel 6:14-20]

(4) In their religion, other prophets are told by their god to walk around naked on the earth and preach the "word of their god!" Now, if another man comes to you completely nude and tells you to join his religion, wouldn't you run the opposite direction?!

"So [Saul] went there to Naioth in Ramah. Then the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on and prophesied until he came to Naioth in Ramah. And he also stripped off his clothes and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Therefore they say, “Is Saul also among the prophets?" [bible book I samuel 19:23-24]

"At the same time the Lord spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, “Go, and remove the sackcloth from your body, and take your sandals off your feet.” And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. Then the LORD said, “Just as My servant Isaiah has walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and a wonder...." [bible book isaiah 20:2-3a]

(5) There are also tales of incest in their religion. They accuse the prophet Lot (peace be upon him) of committing incest with his two daughters. They say his daughters gave birth to two sons for him!

"Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father" [bible book genesis 19:36]

(6) They accuse the prophet Dawud (David) (peace be upon him) of plotting to kill a general in his army. After the man dies in the battlefield. They say that David (peace be upon him) goes to his home and rapes his wife and then later has her executed because she reminds him of the crime he committed against her family.

(7) In their odd stories and evil interpretation of the prophets, they also believe that one prophet was bald and extremely short-tempered and vengeful toward children. When walking on a road, he was made fun of by some children. So this prophet calls upon their god to punish the young children. Their god sends two bears to tear 42 children into pieces!

"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two she bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the children to pieces." (2 kings 2:23-24 nab)

(8) In the following story in their religion, it mentions that their god killed a man because the man refused to sleep with his dead brother's wife and give birth to a false son for his brother, which would confuse lineages:

"Then Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and the Lord killed him. And Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife and marry her, and raise up an heir to your brother.” But Onan knew that the heir would not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in to his brother’s wife, that he spilled his semen on the ground, lest he should give an heir to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord; therefore He killed him also." [bible book genesis 38:6-10]

(9) They also have strange and unjust laws in their religion. For example, they allow a rapist to marry his victim, if she is single! They also allow a father to sell his own daughter as a slave woman, if he doesn't feel like keeping her!

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." [bible book deuteronomy 22:28-29]

"And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do..." [bible book exodus 21:7]

(10) The authors of their books are so perverse in their manner of thinking, that they attribute profane and repulsive speech to their god. Such as the following verses, in which their authors write that their god speaks about "smearing human feces on the faces of the children of Israel" or having them consume "human feces" as a form of punishment for their disobedience. Their god is also one with no mercy and promotes killing anything that breathes during war.

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts..." [bible book malachi 2:3]

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the Lord said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them." [bible book ezekeil 4:12-13]

"This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I have decided to settle accounts with the nation of Amalek for opposing Israel when they came from Egypt. Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation--men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys." [1 samuel 15:2-3]

In conclusion, the reader may copy and keep this on a word document, so next time a misguided individual insults your religion, you can put them to shame.

*Read the description of Paradise: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41173

Also see: "Proving Islam" http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40837

EqualLove

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Firstly sister we have to realise that we are by no means not guaranteed entry into paradise in the first place. The road to Paradise if full of trials and tribulations and tests that we will have to endure for the road to Paradise is a very difficult one. So making it to Paradise in the first place should be our main concern and goal let alone what will happen in Paradise.

Naturally if I am going to work hard for a goal then I have to be happy with that goal, although Jannah seems profoundly astounding, I will not be silenced about my concerns. It is my right as a Muslimah to seek knowledge until I am satisfied.

Also sister what you have to realise is that Allah created MUCH more women than men and by the end of this world the amount of women ration to men will be to numerous to count. It is therefore inevitable that there will be countless women who would have died without marrying for one reason or another. Therefore what will they have? Will they be alone in Jannah without a partner? Allah has allowed that a man can marry upto 4 wives because of the fact that the women and man ratio is so unequal especially by the end of times.

So is it not logical that if there women to man ratio is so unequal that there will be MANY women who will leave the earth without partners in this world.

This is the situation of Dunya and as I said I can understand why there must be sacrifices in Dunya, my concern is this sacrifice in Jannah. Also if these women have gone through this Dunya without a husband then why not have a reward with a man that is from Jannah like Mujahids will receive Hooris

Sister if a womens desire can be fulfilled with only having one husband in this world then will her desire not be fulfilled with only one man in the hereafter? A women is only made for one man but a man for more than one women and this can be seen from the biological make up of a women and a man for it is completly unnatural for a women to have more than one man and that is why much sexual diseases are prevelant for that is scientifically proven.

I am sorry to break it to you but sexual diseases are not only prevelant for women, it is for any one who is with multiple parteners. Also what proof do you have that a man is not made for one woman (please don't tell me your failure to be satisfied with one woman because you are not every man and many men do have self control and restraint regardless of how shovanistic you want to label a man to be) Also if the scientific proof you speak of has to do with the kuffar's "scientific proof" in order to help their case in complete lack of self control/restraint then unfortunately that is not useful here.

Every women will have their desires more than fulfilled in Paradise for Allah says:

"They shall have whatever they wish with their Lord." [Qur'an: Surat Zumar, 34]

No women will have the feelings that you are feeling now in Paradise. Sameway no man will feel any enmity towards another. All will be satisfied with their position and even think that they have been given more than others and will be completely content.

When your in paradise you will think that the feelings that your feling now are unnatural just like now you think that the feelings that you will feel in Paradise are unnatural.

The issue is not with the feelings being erased, it is with the unequality, why are women the accessories for men? I don't care about these feelings you keep mentioning, the issue is much grander.

In Islam it is stessed on a women more that she be modest in dress. Also naturally women are shyer. So, in accordance to women's shy and modest nature, Allah tells women subtly of the types of rewards women shall get, and because man's nature is different he tells them straightup that they will get this many wives.

So your saying there is a chance females will have male companions but that it is not mentioned for the reasons of preserving our syness? I doubt this because as you mentioned the women who married more than once will have a choice to have one of her husbands as her companion or partener in Jannah.

"Therein you shall have (all) that your inner-selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask for. "An entertainment from (Allâh), the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Fussilat 41:31-32)

Allah created us the way we are (Whcih even science backs up) You keep mentioning this science but you don't seem very knowledgable in the subject, there is no need for science to confirm that Allah created us the way we are, obviously Allah created us the way we are

"And who is better in judgement than Allâh for a people who have firm Faith? (Al-Ma'idah 5:50)

Some Non-Muslims point out to verses in the Qur'an, which speak about how Muslim men would be able to have sex with the Houris in paradise. Then they exclaim that this is immorality or fornication. However, we must pay close attention to what the Quran actually says...

Allâh (SWT) says in the Holy Quran:

So (it will be), and We shall marry them to Houris (female fair ones) with wide, lovely eyes. [Surah Ad-Dukhân (44):54]

First you can read some verses of the Holy Quran mentioning that Muslim men and women will receive the rewards of Paradise Equally:

These are some verses of the Holy Quran that show the equality that men and women receive when it comes to attaining the rewards of paradise.

I am not denying that we will be rewarded equally with the rewards of Jannah in regard to posessions etc. but it is not equal with regard to getting females as a reward or any sort of sexual prize, and those things are not posessions, having a companion or a partener is deeper than that and should only be ONE

It is also mentioned in the Hadith that the women of this worldly life have superiority over houris (hoor al-Ayn) due to the acts of worship and obedience that they performed in this world. Therefore, the believing women will enter Paradise just like the believing men. If a woman had a number of husbands, she, upon entering Paradise with them, would choose among them the one with the best character and behavior.

The following Hadiths confirms the fact stated above:

Umme Salamah (Radiahallahu Anha) narrates that she said to the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) "O Rasûlullah, are the women of this world superior or the hûrs (of Paradise)?" He replied, "The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs (houris) just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining." Umme Salamah R.A then asked, "O Rasûlullah, what is the reason for this?" He answered, "Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshipped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies. [The human women] will be fair in complexion and will wear green clothing and yellow jewelry. Their incense-burners will be made of pearls and their combs will be of gold. They will say, 'We are the women who will stay forever and we will never die. We are the women who will always remain in comfort and we will never undergo difficulty. We are the women who will stay and we will never leave. Listen, we are happy women and we will never become sad. Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us.'" [Tabrânî]

So it says Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us. I could not agree more with this, we should be one and one for another. It wouldn't be fair if they (the believing women) said Glad tidings to the many men we each are for...because it should be one for one.

Men and women are equal apart from those who are more pious in the eyes of Allah. Men and women are equal but does'nt mean they are the same. Men have physical, mental and emotional differences. Men have superiority over women in certain aspects such as physical strength, while women have more superiority over men from a caring and nurturing persputective. In the same manner, like our differences, we may have rewards that are different from one another, but that in no way suggest inequality. If you want to reward your son for something, perhaps you'll let him play a video game for example, whereas if you want to reward your daughter, perhaps you'll let her invite her friend over, or buy her something nice. Men and women have different needs and wants so obviously rewards would differ.

The issue is not with different rewards, again it is about the reward being one of the "competitors" if you will. Imagine a contest where the participants contain yellow competitors and also blue competitors, is it fair to say that the yellow competitors will get anything they desire as well as more than one "blue" people but the yellow competitors will get the same thing but they are limited to one yellow people. I am not saying I necessarily desire more than one man (although I know women who would be delighted at the thought) but what I am saying is that we all have a human soul (woman or man) and therefore we should not be "rewarded" with something that has a soul and is also undergoing the same trials and tribulations.

The main reason why the Quran and Hadith are stressing the fact that men will get Houris (Hoor al-Ayn) is because it more appealing to men than promising virgin men to women. Allah mentions the Hoor Al`Een because in most cases men pursue women and not vice versa. It is just the way men are created. As for women,There are a lot of temptations in this world. That is why that Allah keeps promising these virgin girls to those that remain patient and steadfast. That way, this motivates the unmarried men to remain chaste and be patient because they know they have something better waiting for them in the next life.

Actually men are not encouraged to say chaste during their whole time here, they are encouraged to get married, is that not a faster solution then waiting for the hereafter to fulfill your sexual desires?

As if they do not get it legally in the next life then they would get it illegally in this life.

This is at the discretion of this man because if he wants to obey Allah then he would not seek any "illegal" satisfaction just as women have MANY sacrifices and cannot seek any "illegal" solutions

Men and women are biologically different so there is no point comparing what gifts they will get to what gifts women will get in paradise in the same way we buy different gifts for men and different for women.

Again you keep missing the point that a "gift" is not a human or a partenership, this is something that is exclusive to one.

So sister what your feeling in your heart is one of the feelings that Allah has instilled in us humans. He instilled it in us as a test for us to see how we will react and whether or not we will transgress and go away from Allah or get closer to him. If he is the one that has created these feelings in the hearts of humans in the first place then can he not simply take these feelings away? If he were to take these feelings away how is that brain washing? All he is doing is taking away bad feelings from our hearts because the feelings are only in our hearts in this world because this life is a test but in Jannah there is no test so there is no need for Allah to keep these bad feelings in our hearts so they are simply eradicated. Your only feeling this now and you will only feel it in this world because this life is a test. The hereafter is not a test for the test is only restricted to this world so why should we carry on feeling these bad feelings in Jannah?

Again it has nothing to do with the "feeling" of jealousy but rather the fact that equality is at stake. Honestly and personally speaking, I don't really have jealous feelings and in fact I am more concerned with my independant label as ONE of a reward (as a female)

Analyze and accept men's innate sexual nature:

Scholars reassure women that the jealousy they feel in this world at the prospect of sharing their husband with another woman will not be felt by them in Paradise.

Thats very nice but this "jealousy" is in fact not "jealousy" it is just a natural reaction to being put into a situation where we are not treated as individuals, we wish to be independant not to be "one" of, belonging to so and so

Further, they exhort that women should submit to Allah’s Will regarding that which He has decreed for Paradise, which is Al-ghayb (Unseen/Unknown), and questioning anything about the Unseen is advised against. This is because only Allah knows the details of what rewards Paradise will harbor, and whatever of those details He has chosen to describe in the Qur'an and Prophetic narrations, cannot even be properly imagined by the human mind, let alone understood or grasped in their true essence.

I can understand this and agree with you on this and to be honest I feel very scared to be questioning this but at the same time I am hurting inside because I feel that if I don't try to understand this subject fully I will crumble in my own worries. I wouldn't really question any thing else but this is something that already concerns me in this life but was able to swallow it knowing this is just Dunya and as a woman I do not have Hooris as a reward to motivate me to Jannah so it is best I am at ease with this subject.

The real answer to the “objection”, however, of this seeming ‘unfairness’ oh rewards in Paradise, - with men receiving a multitude of young, beautiful women to have physical relations with, while women being “restricted” to just one husband, lies simply in the basic physiological and physical differences between men and women.

If this was true then how is that the majority of Muslim men only have 1 wife? There may be some husbands that are unfaithful and there also may be some wives that are unfaithful and this is merely there battle with self control and letting shaytan get the best of them. Science plays no part in the direct disobediance to Allah SWT. It is about their souls and how they wish to treat it.

The nature of men - that is, their physical, physiological and psychological make-up is such that the level of lust, sexual arousal, and temptation for procreation which they feel during this worldly life, is higher than that felt by women. Men are more prone to visual stimuli and frequent temptations. Women should try to understand that Allah has motivated men by the detailed description of Hoor’s in Paradise, as a reward for their restraining themselves from zina (unlawful sexual intercourse i.e. adultery outside the marriage bond) in the world, because men easily get tempted time and again. Even if they love their wife, and she is very beautiful, they still desire other attractive women physically. Simply put: men get aroused by a single, casual glance at a body-part or a small flash of skin. They also desire unrestricted polygamy (i.e. they love the idea of having physical relations with a multitude of young women).

"They love the idea?" You should be ashamed of displaying your own personal desires especially those from the shaitan. :astag: This act of having physical relations witha multitude of women is directly from the shaitan and in Islam is not allowed here or in the hereafter because the Hooris and the believing women will not even see each other.

The idea, for women, of having simultaneous multiple partners, though, is too abhorred and repulsive. However, men find the idea appealing. I have myself read questions on some Islamic Q&A and counselling websites in which men have asked scholars and experts, much to the latter’s horror, whether they can have a threesome with both their wives; or intercourse in the back passage with their wife’s consent; whether they can watch *!*!*!*! with their wife, or marry a second, younger wife in secret, and so on. I remember being shocked when I read a male poster's comment on a blog under a photograph showing supermodels of famous a lingerie brand, "I'd do them all in one night!" Other comments have also made my jaw drop; they are just too unmentionable.

Again you bring forth direct harram on behalf of these brothers, this is no proof of a man's scientific physiology but a proof that humans are not perfect and can easily misguided. Just so you are aware I have seen and heard of many abhorred and repulsive things that Muslim women have also done that is in a sexual manner or obsessiveness or promiscuity...should we then just blame the female physiology for this? Or should we agree now that both men and women are capable of harram and repulsive sexual acts.

The problem is that men do not admit these desires to women, not even to their wives, but they share them with other men.
That is why it not uncommon to find, in bachelor accommodations in every part of the world, a 24-hour *!*!*!*! channel, or piles of famous adult magazines. No such things are found in all-women dormitories, though.

You are very sheltered from the reality that these things do occur for the opposite sex, you are forgetting that all these 24 hour things you speak of etc. are all with female actresses, models etc. Does that not open your eyes to the fact that females too have this sexual appetite?

Prostitution, too, being the oldest profession in the world, has existed since centuries for the same reason. Male prostitutes are a much rarer phenomenon, though. The reasons for these are the same: men desire sexual relations with a variety of women during this worldly life, even if they love their wife with all their heart. Consequently, making do with just one woman for their whole lives is very difficult for them, a situation requiring much patience and restraint.

You are one man and speaking for all mankind is unfair, if you are unable to have patience and restraint that does not mean all men are unable to. Many men are satisfied with their one wife, that is not to say there aren't those who feel it is not enough and so they may go on the path of harram but this is also the case of women who may not be satisfied with her husband and so she may also go on the path of harram so at the end of the day it is up to the believer to remain steadfast and patient. What if there was a man who still was not satisfied and he had already married 4? Then should he because of his "nature" do harram or should he learn self discipline to differentiate himself from the animals?

Women should embrace and accept this aspect of men’s nature, and face the fact that their husband would love to have more than one wife, not just in Paradise, but in this world too, if it were possible. Men’s physical desire for several young women simultaneously, has little to do with their love for each. For men, love and a physical relationship are not always one and the same thing.

No "women" should not have to embrace this but rather you should embrace and accept that not every man is like you, every human is made differently with different desires and levels of discipline. Should I then say that men should accept that (regardless if some few ignorant, egotistical, and shovanistic males wish to believe it) there are many women who are not satisfied with one man and are dying to have another more satisfying man and maybe even a multitude of men and that is just reality. And for women, love and a physical relationship are not always one and the same thing, as you pointed out earlier women are superior at love and nurturing yet they are able to put nurture and love aside for an exciting and fulfulling physical relationship.

If you, as a woman, find the concept of Hoor's in Paradis difficult to accept, that is because of your lack of understanding and knowledge of men’s sexual nature, which Allah has ingrained in them with Himself, as a severe test of their patience. I have heard many married friends complain of their husbands staring at beautiful women on the streets, on television, or their flirting with their wife’s own friends and cousins. Others have to deal with outright cheating and adultery in silence.

Men's sexual nature and women's sexual nature was of course by the will of Allah SWT but there is no proof that this is a severe test of anyone's patience. You have heard a lot of things ,this is normal, I have seen many women (Muslims and non Muslims) who whistled at and stared at men who were considered sexy (I personally only view my husband in this way) but this does not make it right, I turned away and said :astag: and even told those sisters that they should lower their gaze. So your friends actions are not correct, what is your point? They are committing a direct disobedience to Allah SWT as are the women who are staring at the men. Women and men alike have to lower their gaze and this is crucial. As for those who have to deal with outright cheating and adultery in silence, that is completely repulsive and NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH CHEATING AND ADULTERY BECAUSE YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES OF CHEATING AND ADULTERY, THERE IS A PLACE IN HELLFIRE FOR THOSE OPPRESSORS!!!

◦Men are not even allowed a second glance at a woman after the first, accidental one, whereas women have a less strict restriction regarding lowering the gaze.

wouldn't you agree that lowering the gaze in Islam is dangerously important? I do because that is what leads to the one of the wors of sins of Zinnah.

◦Men do not have to veil themselves, whereas women do.

◦Men can take up to four wives, with strict restrictions, whereas women are forbidden to be polygamous in marriage, much to their relief and ease.

These are all acceptable in this dunya but I don't want to sacrifice in the hereafter, my sacrifice and struggle ends in this life because even wearing the hijab for us women is a struggle that no man can understand. When these poor hijabies' husbands are staring at these so called "beautiful" women they have to restrain themselves because how easy it is for that woman to take off her hijab and show that wrong doing husband that many men would stare and lust for her too but instead she will let Allah punish him for his wrong doings, that takes a lot of strength, a strength even a man could not withhold.

The differences in the above rulings apply for the reasons already cited – men’s physical desirers being different from women’s. That is why, women are obliged to cover themselves in front of men, and men are endorsed to lower their gaze. They can not even look at a woman while talking to her on the basis of need; they can not even talk to her unless there is a genuine, permissible need to do so. This is a very strict restriction upon them from Allah, one that is difficult to fulfill. One who fulfills them, therefore, is entitled to a great reward.

Both men and women have great commands to obey by Allah SWT so that is why it is important for them to do so and not try to use physiology as an excuse for their harram, instead they should show they are different from animals by controlling themselves.

Accept that your husband wants this reward - despite what he says to the contrary:

Thats funny, my husband is sitting here right now with his eyebrow raised, wondering when you have spoken to him, he wants you to know that you should stop speaking for all of the male species because not all of them want what you want. He says he prays that in Jannah he has only his wife for he would not be able to even fathom the idea of his wife with anyone other than himself because he doesn't believing in sharing his precious spouse/partener in life/soul mate. Did you know that everyone who is married, their souls used to play with and know each other's souls. That is beautiful

Muslim women should appreciate the fact that if their husband is trying to obey Allah in this world, by trying to not gaze at women, and to avoid any kind of relations with them, particularly if his wife has aged or is not beautiful to begin with, he is indeed fighting a major battle against his base self,

I hate to break it to you but this is also the case for women, there are many women who have to fight a major battle against their base selves as well because they too may have aged or unattractive husbands...but that is the beauty of true love, it sees no age or shallow generalization of what beauty is, I know many men who find their wives beautiful even through fires and disabiliations etc. There is more to your companion then her beauty for that will be replenished inshAllah in the hereafter. Please accept the fact that your wife may also not be satisfied with you but just pray that she will stay with you for her mercy in heart allows her to.

striving hard to be patient in obeying this extremely difficult command of Allah, and deserves ample reward for it in the Akhirah. If you truly love your husband for the sake of Allah, wouldn’t you be big-hearted enough to rise above your petty possessiveness and insecurities, to let him have what he really wants, and more? Believe it - he WANTS those hoors! And if you truly love him, you should forget your jealous feelings and pray for Allah to recompense him with what he wants, and deserves, in Paradise.

Again my husband raises his eyebrow wondering how you are a speaker for all the males, he says you should stop trying to envoke such powers that only Allah SWT is aware of what is in the hearts of His slaves. You should humble yourself and remember you do not have these powers. Also you should ask for forgiveness for you are making things up against a Muslim brother who've you've never met. That is called backstabbing.

Reflect upon the reasons for your jealousy:

As an empowered Muslim woman enjoying a lofty status and economic independence, following a religion in which you will never be reduced to a sex object or a physical body to be enjoyed by all and sundry, why are you so insecure that you feel jealous at the prospect of your "man" being shared by other women? Are you afraid of losing his love, of being given less importance by him, of no longer being the "one and only" in his life? What is it that you acually fear losing? Your control over his life? Your high status as the love of his life? Why do you believe so blindly in a man's monogamous love? Is it because romance novels and movies tell you that "the prince and princess lived happily ever after?" Or because man-made laws dictate that polygamy is illegal, because it is a cruelty and oppression toward women?

No brother all those answers are not correct, I will point out that yes I do not want to share my soul mate who I have more with than just a physical relationship, believe it or not there is more than just physical relationships, in fact since you are so infatuated with the physical parts, I do have some advice for you, the physical relationship is even more satisfying when you are emotionally, and spiritually connected. The more selfless and shallow of yourself you give to your spouse, the more you may actually enjoy the physical relationship with her and stop having this battle with your base self. Be thankful to Allah instead that you are given a spouse who will be patient with you and not leave you for a better partener.

Do you know that, demographically speaking, if each man were to marry just one woman, thousands of women would remain without mates, with no prospects of having children, a family life, a home of their own? Would you not love for other women what you want for your own self?

Again this is for the Dunya. As for the hereafter there are male Hoor or other companions who did not have a wife or a wife that made it to Jannah.

As far as petty jealousies and over-possessiveness go, may married women get jealous even if their husband compliments their sister before them ("You never gave me that compliment when I wore that color! Are you saying she's prettier than me?");

A woman should not have to put up with a man that gives compliments to her sister, it is harram for that man to gaze at her or speak to her in such a way. Would you like it if your wife gave compliments and flirted with your brother? That is indecent and against what Allah has commanded us. This cannot be labeled as petty jealousness but rather a steadfastness in the woman's deen for not accepting her husband's harram acts.

or if he spends more time in a day with his mother than with them; or if he talks in private on the phone with his best friend for more than an hour, when they are around waiting for his attention, etc. Women can get so insecure and possessive, that no woman is allowed even a second glance or casual physical proximity with their husband

A second glance? Brother you yourself advised that men are not allowed a second glance. Why should a woman accept her husband to do this harram? You should not encourage this harram and you should not call names upon the woman who does not like this lude and harram act.

(I personally know a lady who hires no domestic maids for this reason!)

This woman is protecting her husband from harram, again there is nothing with avoiding harram, she is protecting her husband from yet another fitnah in his life. These women are not posessive or insecure, they are smart and pious women!

If you lack self-worth or suffer from low self-esteem, or if you are selfish in your love for your husband so much so that you do not want him to get what HE wants just because YOU do not like it, then perhaps you should study the Qur'an and ahadith more until you grasp the essence of reality.

My goodness my husband is not happy because he swears he never met you but you keep accusing him of desires he never expressed. Also he wants you to know that I don't have low self esteem and that there is no woman more beautiful in his eyes but fortuntely for us you will never know what that beauty is because it is reserved for one man.

The Paradise of Islam is not a drunken orgy, as most haters claim:

How do you come up with such inappropriate language.

Anti-Islam propagandists use the description of women, wine and dining in Islam's Paradise as a hate-mongering technique. They misconstrue these rewards by comparing them to similar pastimes prevalent in social gatherings here on earth. What they don't realize is that when Allah forbids some temporary pleasures in this world, the indulgence in which cause harm to humans themselves, (such as drinking causing accidents; adultery causing divorce, unwanted pregnancies, and broken homes etc.), He compensates those who obey Him by abstaining from these pleasures for His sake, with more sublime, everlasting pleasures of the same kind in the Hereafter, only without their negative consequences!

Good point but I as a woman am not ONE of anything, I am equal to males and therefore more than one wife in Jannah is something I must research into further and hopefully next time I will get a response from someone who is eager to assist a sister seeking knowledge.

Also, some people claim that Islam uses the male sexual urge, by describing Hoors to Muslim men as a reward, to make them become righteous. Allah has not mentioned Hoors in the Qur'an as the sole motivating factor for men; those who dwell just on this aspect, driven by sexual urges to do good deeds in order to get those Hoors, have missed the spirit of Islam. There are three reasons why a Muslim does good deeds, or lives an Islamic way of life:

◦To escape the Hell-Fire,

◦To attain Paradise (implying that they covet the physical rewards of Paradise), and

◦To please Allah out of their love for Him.

The true believers reach this third level of faith, in which they don't obsessively covet the rewards they are promised for doing good deeds; they do good only to please Allah, whose attributes they have recognized by gaining in-depth knowledge of the Qur'an. Therefore, if they know that there will be rivers of honey in Paradise ["..and rivers of honey pure and clear" - Surah Muhammad, 47:15], they don't argue or indulge in discussions about the length and depth of these rivers, or the taste of this honey; they just hope that Allah will be pleased with them when they leave this world, and will consequently grant them the best reward in the Hereafter.

This is all very agreeable but wine and honey and rivers are not comparable to the equality of a man and a woman, thos again are just surroundings or foods etc. merely a detail compared to the importance of your companion in Jannah. Companion again is more than just a physical relationship! :shake:

EqualLove

I am not a Christian. Why all this Christian babble and quotes from bibles? There is no question here about Christianity and its flaws.

a_stranger

salamun Aleykum

It seems to me in Islam, that there is a limitation on the amount of wives you can have (four). Even though it is discouraged to have more than one wife, it is permissible. So far from what I understand Islam gives great importance to
family structure, and how you take care of your wife. therefore, there are
restrictions in regards to lusting, and having sexual intercourse with other
women than your wife.

So the question that troubles my heart is that... Does islam give more favor to Man? are women inferior to Man in Jannah because they have to watch their husbands with different women ?

I understand the fact that women have rights over man in some situations and man have rights over in other situations. That is not the point. The point is, Islam forbids the western way of being "COOL" in the sense that, man and women that are married, can go around and have sexual intercourse with other people, and they are totally cool about it, and don't get jealous of each other. It seems that is what is promised in Jannah for man!!!!!

It seems really contradictory that islam on earth would prohibit such a thing,
and than allow it as a REWARD in heaven!!!! Men get at least 2 wives in Heaven, women get one husband and another Pal to share the man that she loved and cherished during her life on earth, and the men that die fighting get 70 maidens, and have their wife from earth as a side of mashed potatoes for their prime rib!!

I don't understand.. what about the women? They don't get 2 husbands? I have heard an explanation that men get rewarded with what their nature drives them, and women get rewarded with jewelery because it is their nature to love make up and other feminen things? I thought women loved a husband who would love them, take care of them, be faithful to them, and make them feel good about themselves more than make up!! Well what if that is true it may be a big generalization and not true for everybody, I hate jewelery and I am sure some men aren't sexual animals with the power for intercourse equivalent to 100 Hulk Hogans... This is in a Hadith that men get the power of 100 men for sexual intercourse...

It seems to my knowledge that Jannah is Paradise, A place of eternal peace and happiness... It is DEFINITELY true that the reason why people who have sex with whatever woman who satisfies their eyes. They are actually really unhappy because such an act only lasts 5 seconds and only gives man Temporary happiness... (of course unless with your wife, and out of love, not just for the feeling). This is Just like a drug... People wondering around nights in bars and strip joints trying to satisfy this temporary sexual satisfaction like
an addiction!!! Then This MAKES NO SENSE that these behaviors that cause only temporary happiness would exist in a beautiful paradise that promises eternal bliss!!!

I have read in many articles that man are rewarded in Jannah with a different
virgin every night, and their wives will not get jealous because there is no
such an emotion in Heaven... SO DOES THAT MEAN ALLAH TAKES AWAY THE FEELING OF JEALOUSY FROM WOMEN SO THAT THEY CANNOT EVEN FEEL THAT THEY ARE BEING INFERIOR? and not feel anything when they see their beloved husbands with different women??... I thought that men and women are EQUAL.. so why should men
get such rewards that are discouraged in earth, and women don't get anything in heaven but seeing their husbands have different wives?? Also, I thought love and being spiritual were so much more important than having beautiful women around you to satisfy yourself..(other than a life long lasting companion in the good and the bad days to support and love each other) which would make women sexual objects in Jannah. That doesn't make any sense.. and what is the purpose of encouraging people with material feelings when Jannah is supposed to be non-material.

Lastly, what is the difference between me and a christian, if I am supposted to believe blindly without questioning, reasoning, or intellagence, where it is encourauged in islam to use your intelligance, and try to find islam?? isnt it controdictory to say that just believe it because you have to, when we judge christians because they dont question the fact that their bible is so much different than what it used to be!!
I am sure that there is a logical explanation for this that I wasn't able to find. I was just troubled with this question because I am not getting any answers directly to my questions..

Thank you very much everbody for tring to help.

W.salamun alaykum!

Dear sister : i sugest that you make a very good woduoo then pray two rikaa trying to be absolutly sincere ..faciny your creator ,leaving all the world behind you, thinking of the moments of death, recalling the following verse :

50:35 There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence.
Quran

Then I am sure all this minor details will be of no importance when you feel how beautifull, joyfull and peacfull to be close to Allah subhanahu wa Taaala.

with best wishes now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.