how about learning a little bit of Malay?

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

libin
OK, now i'm ready....

Where can we start??

if you like to do real live conversation im masyanna@yahoo
How about learn the first 20 words that i have given,if too many then i'll settle for 10 then inshallah i will file two short sentences in english and you or those interested try to translate it to malay eh ;) you will find its soo simple i think simpler than arabic imho ;)

:wasalam::hijabi:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
OK, now i'm ready....

Where can we start??

Salam

Cool...Let me tell u something Malay language is going to be useful for those who wants to learn it....Malay language can be said as one of the languages used by lots of people especially muslims in Indonesia , Malaysia and Singapore...

if you like to do real live conversation im masyanna@yahoo
How about learn the first 20 words that i have given,if too many then i'll settle for 10 then inshallah i will file two short sentences in english and you or those interested try to translate it to malay eh ;) you will find its soo simple i think simpler than arabic imho ;)

salam

May god reward u...

I want to share with u something

Last friday , i was reading a malay book . It was actually written by Dr Yusuf Qaradhawi about sunna and bid'ah. While reading , i had difficulty understanding initially because it has been a long time since i learn malay . But after a while i got a hang of it and was on a roll...

I realised that malay language is very useful after arabic .

hambaAllah

That's great indeed

Alkathiri
Last friday , i was reading a malay book . It was actually written by Dr Yusuf Qaradhawi about sunna and bid'ah. While reading , i had difficulty understanding initially because it has been a long time since i learn malay . But after a while i got a hang of it and was on a roll...

I realised that malay language is very useful after arabic

Alhamdulillah.. glad could be of help... i do need your help too if you have the time i.e. My Malay language is not so good,, my highest level was up to secondary 4, so maybe you could give me a helping hand too.. by either posting the malay sentence, preferable based on the words that i have posted.. so as not to confused those who like to learn, you know what i mean;)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Alhamdulillah.. glad could be of help... i do need your help too if you have the time i.e. My Malay language is not so good,, my highest level was up to secondary 4, so maybe you could give me a helping hand too.. by either posting the malay sentence, preferable based on the words that i have posted.. so as not to confused those who like to learn, you know what i mean;)

Im not quite sure by what u meant? Is it that u want me to form sentences out of the word u posted....
I am ready ..to teach ....inshAllah . So when can we start...

Melayu saya tu bolehlah sikit sikit. inshAllah .Jadi bila kita boleh mula.

Alhamdulilah bahasa melayu pun ada yg sama dengan arab seperti tawakkal, ri'ya , dan lain2 lagi . Kalau tak salah saya libin boleh berbual bahasa arab

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

يوم السبت /sabtu/saturday 26-05-2006

بيت rumah house
مسجد masjid mosque
باب pintu door
كتاب buku book
قلم pena pen
مفتاح kunci key
مكتب meja table
سرير katil bed
كرسىّ kerusi chair
قميص kemeja shirt

for those bros/sisters who knows arabic/malay do correct me if i am wrong,, greatly appreciated

Assalam aleikum sister,

thank you for your time, inshallah i'll be a gooood student :SMILY149:

How do you pronounce the J in Kemeja?
And do you pronoumce the H in Rumah?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalam aleikum sister,

thank you for your time, inshallah i'll be a gooood student :SMILY149:

How do you pronounce the J in Kemeja?
And do you pronoumce the H in Rumah?

ke-me-ja . ja as in Jar
Ru-mah . h as in the اح

ًwhat other languages do u know sister??
French , English , Arabic..

Lots of malay words are similar to arabic like for example kerusi is a malay word .it is also an arabic word ...

Sorry sister hambaAllah if i got things going without your permission. jk

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
ke-me-ja . ja as in Jar
Ru-mah . h as in the اح

ًwhat other languages do u know sister??
French , English , Arabic..

Lots of malay words are similar to arabic like for example kerusi is a malay word .it is also an arabic word ...

Sorry sister hambaAllah if i got things going without your permission. jk

I love learning langages: i already speak english, french, i am currently learning arabic ( reading & writing) and then inshallah go in depth in the grammar and stuff, i also learnt latin (don't ask) but i forgot everything, i leanrt a bit of italian, somali, umm what else, i know 1 work in swedish:SMILY335:
and now i'm learning malay, thanks to you guys, alhamdoulilah

ps: how do you say thank you?

hambaAllah

Bro Alkathiri....pls proceed only thing is maybe we cud elaborate on some of the words that ive posted...for easy follow up.. but if u do add a new word maybe you provide the translation too.
Jangan bimbang alhamdulillah kalau kamu datang tolong saya,, ringgan sedikit tugas saya eh ;)

thank you - te-ri-ma ka-sih (terima kasih)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Okay so sister libin , malay is the same as english where u have subject and predicat.Pronounciation will be the same as english...

I -> sa-ya
you-> Ka-mu
We-> Ki-ta
they-> Me-re-ka

Example:

1)Sa-ya ma-kan ro-ti -> I eat bread

ma-kan -> eat , ro-ti-> bread

2) Saya solat di mesjid -> I solat/pray at the mosque ( mesjid is an arabic word)

di-> at

There is one word which hambaAllah teaches u which is handkerchief. In malay , it is sa-pu tang-an. for your information , tang-an is hand. wajah is face( wajah is an arabic word)

Play-----> ma-in bread--->ro-ti
talk-----> bu-al soccer---> bo-la
come---> da-tang London----> London
eat-----> ma-kan

dianne

I - sa-ya (sa as in sum)
you - a-wak
him/her - di-a (as in deer)
want - ma-hu (hu as in who)
eat - ma-kan (kan as in can't)
drink - mi-num (mi is me)
this - i-ni ( as in ee nee)
buy - be-li (be as in "ver" in believer)(li as in lee)
what - a-pa (pa as in papa)

yO Hablar espanol! i speak spanish,cakap melayu memang tau pun pasal keturunan melayu.-( i speak malay bcoz im a malay root )cakap cina pasal dulu budak kat sekolah banyak budak cina,suami sekarang pun dari keluarga cina,-( i speak chinese bcoz majority students at my school last time is a chinese & my husbands now is chinese)cakap omputih tak payah tanya lagi la pasal nenek anak pertama saya omputih,a bit of native language (sarawak)-( i speak english bcoz the grandparents of my first son is white )

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum

Actually formation of sentence for malay is about the same as english.
For example,

( Name/ Person)... (verb)...( thing)

For e.g,
I went to the mosque.
Sa-ya per-gi ke mes-jid

where Saya is I , pergi is went , mesjid is mosque.

Simple, right???

As u can see the sentence structure is the same as english , but arabic language might be different.

Can u maybe tell me what sentence u want to make , then i translate it for you .

For the time being , i got some homework for you...:SMILY335:
using the following words below and some u posted by HambaAllah, translate the following sentence to malay/ English....

sit--> du-duk
live--> ting-gal
on--> atas
write---> tu-lis

1) i sit on a chair
2) i live in a house
3) sa-ya tu-lis atas me-ja

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalamualaikum

Actually formation of sentence for malay is about the same as english.
For example,

( Name/ Person)... (verb)...( thing)

For e.g,
I went to the mosque.
Sa-ya per-gi ke mes-jid

where Saya is I , pergi is went , mesjid is mosque.

Simple, right???

Can we first start off with just the present time (not past), because otherwise i'm going to be confused:confused:
So, how do you say go?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
1) Saya duduk atas kerusi
2) Saya tinggal (in a) rumah
3) I write on table

very good...Alhamdulilah...

Can we first start off with just the present time (not past), because otherwise i'm going to be confused:confused:
So, how do you say go?

The good news is malay does not have past tense . But they do have things like say a root word of tinggal . It can be in a form ter-tinggal , meninggal . but that will be later on or for beginners it is unnecessary as using the root word can already form a lot of sentences..

go ---> per-gi

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Wa salam aleikum,

I want to be able to speak 'fluently', being able to have a normal conversation :inshallah:

With you & sis hambaAllah as teachers, it's going to be easy

Thank u for everything

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Wa salam aleikum,

I want to be able to speak 'fluently', being able to have a normal conversation :inshallah:

With you & sis hambaAllah as teachers, it's going to be easy

Thank u for everything

Assalamualaikum

Right on .....
As i dont have past experience teaching languages ..., Give me some time to look for materials , inshAllah.
Hope u can start calling me cikgu soon