I have made my final decision now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renee

Last weekend I couldn't handle the enormous pressure and nagging about converting so I decided to go off-line and taking a time-out as they say in sports. I haven't thought much islam during these days at all, except for one of the friends I have made here. Last time we talked I assured her of how much she meant to my and that I didn't want to disappoint. Now I am afraid I'm going to do it anyway. Just know this, I came into this with an open heart and mind. It was never my intention to hurt anyone.

But these days off has given me time to think about I was about to do. I have surfed on sites I enjoyed, watching movies, listening to some good music and so on. And I have realized that how much of a westerner I am heart and soul. I cannot simply compromise away all these things I love and change it for a lifestyle so alien to our culture, it could as well be from another planet as far as I am concerned. I have all my western cultural heritage in my bagage. So I have slowly come to grips with that this life or path is not for me. So we part now and here. You live your lives according to your beliefs and I do that to mine.

I simply can't handle living like you do. Maybe I should have thought about all this before I started all this and saved both you and me a lot of trouble but done is done and can't be changed. I wanted to delete my account but couldn't find any such function so I will simply log out, this time for forever.

Have a nice life and peace and goodbye.

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
Thank you for your effort understanding about islam, at least u know what islam is all about. Nobody should force u to embrace Islam, if you want to accept islam u should accept it with open heart, if not then its ok. We here already fulfill our obligation to spread a message. My hope that, if somebody say erroneous about islam, at least you should tell them a truth, that we just a normal, decent and god-loving ppl. Anyway Thank again:shake:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
I do not know your story (as I do not remember seeing any post of you). I assume you would have come here in search of the truth and TRUTH must have been presented to you. No it is absolutely up to you if you follow that or not as Allah (creator) has told us that there is no compulsion is religion.

BUT I want to remind you again that soon you will die and you will have to face your LORD (your creator), you will have to answer HIS questions regarding "Whether you fulfilled the purpose of your creation or not " ???? You can not escape death and you wil not be able to escape "Facing your Lord" who has created you as a human being.

I want to remind you that Allah is the Lord of heavens and earth and everything in between and HE created mankind to worship HIM and he has chosen the religion of Islam for mankind.

Allah Says:

Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits (them).The reminder will be received by him who fears (Allâh). But it will be avoided by the wretched. Who will enter the great Fire and made to taste its burning,Wherein he will neither die (to be in rest) nor live (a good living). Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by accepting Islâmic Monotheism) shall achieve success. And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allâh), and pray. Nay, you prefer the life of this world. Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting.

If STILL your decision is to chose the enjoyment of this world at the cost of eternal world (hereafter), then I would say

Say to these disbelievers (in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.). I worship not that which you worship. Nor will you worship that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping. Nor will you worship that which I worship.To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islâmic Monotheism)

Wishing you success and happiness in life. Goodbye

revert2007

Love Fishing
well sister i have done my best and again as i aways tell u,ONLY ALLAH can decide whether u should be a muslim or not....u choose this path for urself and thats ur decision and i can't say much about it.u didn't dissapoint me but u have dissapointed urself.all i did was telling u the truth as how i have been telling others.the choosen one converts and the not chosen one leave the turth path.anyway i am sad now yet it is Allah's decision.and perhaps ur time hasn't come yet

when someone couldnt give up the things in dunya,they can't even smell the heaven.the best things in life is about giving up things for the sake of Allah.i did give up my freedom,my culture,my family and everything for the sake of Allah and alhamdulilah He replaced everything that i gave up with something better.....i know i hv chosed the right path and i will remain on this path isnyaAllah till my last breath.

ur such a wonderful person and i love u so much.yet as u said,u will live ur way and i will live my way.insyaAllah one day Allah gives u hidayah.ameen

.just take care of urself and if u feel lonely ,remember Allah is there.

doctor38

Good luck and wish you the best. Please do check back we enjoined reading your posts. I hope you don't delete your posts.

Good luck again

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
God says in Quran that let there be no compulsion in religion. so ofcourse its ur choice.

but we muslims keep spreading His message so that ppl can save them for God's punishment after death -Hell-fire.

Islam may sound awkward and out-dated to you today, but disbelievers will understand its importance on Judgment Day when they'll wish tht had they be dust so that they dont have to face torment.

but still, u can keep praying to God to guide u to His path.

and it is only God Who guides.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I hope you will be reading our replies. I've nothing much to say as my brothers and sisters had given their opinion. Should you embrace Islam, you will place your self better than wife of Prophet Luth (peace be upon him), son of Prophet Nuh (peace be upon him), father of Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him), and uncle of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) because all (wife, son, father and uncle of these Prophets) of them died not in the path of Allah.

May Allah guides you ameen.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Hello :)

Hopefully you come back to read the responses to this thread.

As mentioned here by my brothers and sisters, there is no compulsion in religion in Islam. So hopefully you didnt feel pressurized by any of us TTI members. :)

I hope you continue to seek to get closer to Allah swt and surely your heart will find it's true peace when it follows the will of Allah swt and is in submission to Allah swt.

May Allah swt guide you towards the right path. Ameen

Wishing you the best. We hope you come back sometime in the future. :)

Peace

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Dear sister,
i have come across various reasons for not accepting islam,and yours seems to be that you cannot live us.but who are us.are not here people who come from the same background as yours.was not probably the brother from us army more western than western can be.they have found islam and are living by it.i feel a certain pain in your last letter the smelling of paradise and not entering it because it seemed to be enclosed with hardship.
islam at the end is acceptig that there is no God except One -and that the one who informed us ;Muhammad was the messenger of God.
what possible reason for not accepting the Creator and His messenger.atleast accepting it as a fact.
truly dear sister you look at it as a matter of 'living like us'
it seems to you like the most alien thing ,but why dont you change your perspective living like us is a matter of a few years 20,30 then ?so think of it as 'dying like us'.
if u think of whomyou would like to die as ...it will answer whom you wud like to live as.
and then you have been around we live quite happily and honorably.dont you think.we love sincerely and care truly.yes we believe in Allah and testify that Muhammad pbuh is the messsenger of Allah. the rest is a matter of details.sister whosoever testifies to this statement will eventually enter paradise.dont deprive your heart ad soul this blessing.we will gain nothing if you accept but we feel we are losing a sister........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................rememer its between you and Him.

maybe there is reason why you cudnt delete ur account.

m1511

Renee has gone,
I dont know if it is the proper time to start this discussion but I wonder if the newcomers are a bit afraid of or confused with the more eastern style of the website including the comics with beard and speaking baloons with arabic writing in them. May this and many other stylish elements of the site confuse the modern western person and cause him miss the point -iman- I wonder ? I hope these critics do not injure the builders of the website or the contributors who certainly work for Allah's sake. But just a viewpoint.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Why would the Westerners (like myself) be afraid of these things? Arabic is the language of the Qu'ran it needs to be shown. Comics with beard, there's a lot of people with beard in the Western world ;) and having a beard is a Sunnah. Westerners shouldn't be afraid of these little things.

Sobhanallah Mathieu!..you speak more correctly than some Muslims who'd been born into *Islam*..May Allah guide you to that which He favors and is Pleased with..and May He set your heart upon it firmly!!!..Ameen!

As for renee..then surely Allah's Will determines what her path is and will be..and He is the All-Knowing All-Wise..

"Verily you guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided." [Al-Qasas 28:56]

:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I have all my western cultural heritage in my bagage. So I have slowly come to grips with that this life or path is not for me. So we part now and here. You live your lives according to your beliefs and I do that to mine.

I simply can't handle living like you do. Maybe I should have thought about all this before I started all this and saved both you and me a lot of trouble but done is done and can't be changed. I wanted to delete my account but couldn't find any such function so I will simply log out, this time for forever.

Have a nice life and peace and goodbye.

Renee,

I am sorry to say that you misunderstood Islam. Islam is not a "culture" or a "custom" or a "lifestyle" or a "language" or a "society" or a "eastern thing" or a "western thing". Islam is a mean to gain salvation in the hereafter, Islam is the only way to enter into the Paradise where one will have an eternal life of pure pleasure. I hope you understand the meaning of 'eternal life'.

O'Boy! what a bummer... A few years of so-called "lifestyle" in exchange of hellfire forever.

And the thing is that there are soooo many westerner Muslims in the world who are westerner and a Muslim at the same time.

And BTW. You have not troubled anyone here... We are here to provide the message. That's it... That is all expected from us. Whether anyone accepts the message or not is not our responsibility. Allah (SWT) says "There is no compulsion is religion." So we are happy that we have fulfilled our responsibility of providing you the message.

In the end I would make a Dua to Allah (SWT) to guide you towards righteousness and towards His Good Pleasure and towards His Paradise. Ameen!

Good-bye and Good Luck Renee.
:shake: :SMILY139:

poetic

mrs aisha b
Renee,

I am sorry to say that you misunderstood Islam. Islam is not a "culture" or a "custom" or a "lifestyle" or a "language" or a "society" or a "eastern thing" or a "western thing". Islam is a mean to gain salvation in the hereafter, Islam is the only way to enter into the Paradise where one will have an eternal life of pure pleasure. I hope you understand the meaning of 'eternal life'.

O'Boy! what a bummer... A few years of so-called "lifestyle" in exchange of hellfire forever.

And the thing is that there are soooo many westerner Muslims in the world who are westerner and a Muslim at the same time.

And BTW. You have not troubled anyone here... We are here to provide the message. That's it... That is all expected from us. Whether anyone accepts the message or not is not our responsibility. Allah (SWT) says "There is no compulsion is religion." So we are happy that we have fulfilled our responsibility of providing you the message.

In the end I would make a Dua to Allah (SWT) to guide you towards righteousness and towards His Good Pleasure and towards His Paradise. Ameen!

Good-bye and Good Luck Renee.
:shake: :SMILY139:

Salaam Alaikum Renee, and All..
I couldnt have said it better than Munawar.. this makes me worried and afraid for you Renee, you were almost a muslim, and slipped away from Islam, shaytaan pulled you away, it's sad to see him get something he wants!

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salaam Alaikum Renee, and All..
I couldnt have said it better than Munawar.. this makes me worried and afraid for you Renee, you were almost a muslim, and slipped away from Islam, shaytaan pulled you away, it's sad to see him get something he wants!

yes u said it right.she wants to take off for couple of days and i was extremly worried.coz i know syatan will change her mind..it was very contradicting when she was saying how happy she was about islam and she find the peace in islam.but this short break changed her mind.but i still do belive that one day she might convert insyaAllah.she is a very kind person and i hope soon she will be a person with iman.i took 12years to convert.so i just hope she convert one day and hope it's not too late for her.just plz make dua for her and everyone that wants to convert.

Renee

I popped in since this thread spawned a few PM's that winded up in my email and decided to check in here. At least do me a favour and save me the devil and hell stuff. I don't believe in that anyway so that is the least thing I'm worrying about. You have too many rules and I'm too lazy to follow them anyway. So what? "You're going to burn in eternal hellfire!!" No I'm not. That is your belief, not mine. "Shaytan is leading you astray!" Geez, I think he has better things to do than leading me astray to be honest, that is if he exists at all, which is something I sincerely doubt. But if it makes you happy, so be it. :SMILY129:

Amina 1

I popped in since this thread spawned a few PM's that winded up in my email and decided to check in here. At least do me a favour and save me the devil and hell stuff. I don't believe in that anyway so that is the least thing I'm worrying about. You have too many rules and I'm too lazy to follow them anyway. So what? "You're going to burn in eternal hellfire!!" No I'm not. That is your belief, not mine. "Shaytan is leading you astray!" Geez, I think he has better things to do than leading me astray to be honest, that is if he exists at all, which is something I sincerely doubt. But if it makes you happy, so be it. :SMILY129:

Wow I don't remember you but are you sure you were considering reverting to Islam? Sure does not sound like it to me. If you believe in Allah(SWT) then you have to believe in Satan I am sorry you have been lead astray. Well to you your way and me mine Peace

canab1973

Hi sis, You did not hurt or disappoint us, because you are not becoming Muslim for the Muslims, but for your self. If you accept Islam we will be happy for you but if you reject it we have to respect your decision, so
I recommend that you do a big favor for your self and learn about Islam first, than you can take your decision. I would love that you joined the biggest and best family in earth and become my sister in Islam.

poetic

mrs aisha b

Salaam alaikum,

Believing you will not go to hell will not stop you from going to hell, you think because you dont believe in Islam, in Allah, in Shaytaan, that you will beable to make it all go away? no, one day you will die, and if you are too lazy to have a good life and earn your way to happiness, than so be it, have a happy however many years you were granted to live, because yes we all have a set date of death we came into this world with, but when the day of judgment comes for you, you can not change anything. I am a convert to Islam and yea you know what I thought how can I do all of this, yes I believe but how can I, you know why I can because when you go on living life its going to cross your mind once you discover the truth its going to taunt you and haunt you until you give in, you know theres always an easy way to do everything, you have to take your time, if you rush into it your going to feel like its too hard.. anyways thats what I have to say..hope you have a good life either way. You know were not telling you all of this to "earn another muslim" its because we care and we worry knowing another person will be going to hell and does not believe it, because it makes us all sad to think of you in hot hot flames, when you deserve better you know?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Salaam alaikum,

Believing you will not go to hell will not stop you from going to hell, you think because you dont believe in Islam, in Allah, in Shaytaan, that you will beable to make it all go away? no, one day you will die, and if you are too lazy to have a good life and earn your way to happiness, than so be it, have a happy however many years you were granted to live, because yes we all have a set date of death we came into this world with, but when the day of judgment comes for you, you can not change anything. I am a convert to Islam and yea you know what I thought how can I do all of this, yes I believe but how can I, you know why I can because when you go on living life its going to cross your mind once you discover the truth its going to taunt you and haunt you until you give in, you know theres always an easy way to do everything, you have to take your time, if you rush into it your going to feel like its too hard.. anyways thats what I have to say..hope you have a good life either way. You know were not telling you all of this to "earn another muslim" its because we care and we worry knowing another person will be going to hell and does not believe it, because it makes us all sad to think of you in hot hot flames, when you deserve better you know?

mashallah...well said

:)

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
I think far too many people in this thread seem much to eager to tell the original poster, Renee, that she is going to hell, because she has decided she does not want to convert to Islam. It seems a rather mean and cruel mindset that is so quick to believe that so many people are going to hell, and is so eager to tell them so.

I myself prefer to believe what CS Lewis said, that there are many people who believe things, or support causes that God thinks is wrong, but who will still go to heaven, because the people who thought or did them honestly believed them to be right, and were doing the best they knew how to at the time.

That really depends on how you look at it. Our religion, which we obviously believe in its entirety, says that certain people will go to hell.

If we were to claim the opposite, we would be lying. If we never mention it, we would be misleading others. Which could lead to MORE people burning in hell, which is kind of a lot eviler than just humoring them.

And I don't think they were "eager" to tell her she will go to hell, but rather felt obligated to warn her.

And for the record, I think most of us believe that God admits those of us that do our best into heaven--I think we're just concerned that Renee is falling short of her best.

But God gave us the freedom to think what we want, so Renee will continue to do that regardless of what we say. I wish her the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.