If YOU were the decision maker....

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

With all the conflicts and attempts at peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, I was thinking - what would this look like?

So, I am wondering, if YOU were appointed the decision maker, to make both the Israelis and the Palestinians, if not happy, at least satisfied, how would YOU solve the problem? I mean, obviously, most of the people living there now have been born there (both sides), so it is "home" to both sides. Just tell what you would do if you were the decision maker....

Lana

AlQurtubi

Banned
This is NOT a home for Israelis as they have been kicked out due to disobeying ALLAH. So they need to be displaced for sure.

I would have asked them politely to pack their bags and might have given a little support to let them settle some where else.

Idris16

I would tell them to return to Poland, Germany, Russia, France and the places they came from. As far as I know people that convert to judaism aren't jews, so how come russians and germans that converted to Judaism call themselves jews?

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

are we not being carried away?
Lana asked a good question and this is the reply? really people ,we are taught to be tolerant as such we have to work together.
Should all british and other people returned to their home land from Australia? same for America?
The only solution is to stop settlers from grabbing more land and they should return the one taken but they have to live side by side in peace and that will happen if no more hatred is spread by both sides.

Tha is my 2 pence

Idris16

^^I'm into justice and i want those in australia and america to return to where they come from. just because we live in 'modern' time does not mean i will forget to what happened aborigines and the inigenous people of Americas.

And also i was asked if i would be a decision maker what would i do, i would say, 'Keep Palestine clean'. im sorry if what i said was offensive.

BinteShafi

Left long ago

I thought a Muslim is suppose to be practical and tolerant....I second sister Warda's opinion. May Allah make Sirat-e-Mustaqeem easy for all of us.

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

are we not being carried away?
Lana asked a good question and this is the reply? really people ,we are taught to be tolerant as such we have to work together.
Should all british and other people returned to their home land from Australia? same for America?
The only solution is to stop settlers from grabbing more land and they should return the one taken but they have to live side by side in peace and that will happen if no more hatred is spread by both sides.

Tha is my 2 pence

Practicality then ..

israel-palestine%20map.jpg

Returning what they took would mean they would need somewhere else to go, its not an unreasonable suggestion.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

"If you do judge, judge between them justly. God loves the just."

(Our'an: 5:42)

Seek the abode of the hereafter with what God has given you, without forgetting your portion of the world. And do good as God has been good to you. And do not seek to cause corruption in the earth. God does not love corrupters.
(Qur'an, 28:77)

Then, is it to be expected of you, if you were put in authority, that you will do mischief in the land, and sever your ties of kinship? Such are the people God has cursed, making them deaf and blinding their eyes.
(Qur'an, 47:22-23)

There are only grounds against those who wrong people and act as tyrants in the earth without any right to do so. Such people will have a painful punishment.
(Qur'an, 42:42)

God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you over religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just. God merely forbids you from taking as friends those who have fought you over religion and driven you from your homes and who supported your expulsion. Any who take them as friends are wrongdoers.
(Qur'an, 60:8-9)

Justice and Tolerance in the Qur'an: http://www.harunyahya.com/justice4.php

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Has everybody forgotten what they did to Gaza just a month ago? Who spoke of tolerance back then?

Zionazi murderes do not deserve the protecton offered in certain ayahs of the Qur'aan so dont give them that.

People have short memories.

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Hmmm, it sure doesn't seem like anyone here has any better solutions than the governments have.

I am sorry, but I feel that I asked a legitimate question and no one really was serious. I mean, I was thinking about it the other day, and I don't know what a real CURRENT solution would be...I do think that there needs to be 2 separate countries, but where to draw the borders? I don't know. Also, there has been so much destruction in the Palestinian areas - who or where would they get money to rebuild what was there and then work on improving the economy? There aren't that many natural resources to fall back on...

I don't want to spark arguments, I just want to know, seriously, what would you do?

The population of Gaza is estimated between 1.5 and 2 million people (based on averages and differences I found on different websites); the West Bank is around 2.5 million; the population of Israel is a little over 7 million, with 1/4 ( about 1.77 million) being Arab - that comes to an approximate break down of about 6 million Arabs and about 5.5 million Non-Arab Israelis.

The area of Gaza (now) is about 360 sq km, and the area of the West Bank is about 5800 sq km. The area of Israel is about 20,000 sq km.

So, the populations (I don't know about the % of Arabs that are Non-Muslim, so I am using the Arab vs Non-Arab as my division) are roughly equal, but Israel has about 4 times the amount of space.

I guess If it were up to me, I would work to make a more equal division of the land of the countries; I would require the school systems to jointly approve a curriculum on regarding the relations (to try to start breaking down the hatred); I would offer lots of opportunities for cross-border communication and cooperation; I would make Israel pay for the repair of the buildings and basic infrastructure, schools, and hospitals, but use Palestinian workers, in order to bring actual income into Palestinians as well as promote job skills that are lacking due to the destruction of schools and the oppression; I would put Jerusalem under the United Nations control as a separate entity, with a governing body comprised of Jews, Christians, and Muslims, since all 3 regard the city as a holy place for their respective religions; I would have Israel required to offer a budgeted amount of money for a fixed amount of time to be allocated as small-business loans to the Palestinians; I would have the 2 countries be sort-of "open border" with each other, so that until the time that Palestine is functioning on it's own, its citizens can go across and get the things they need easily (this will also widen the customer base for the Israelis, as I am sure otherwise they would ask, why should we be happy with your decision).

Do I think all these things would work? Probably not, but I think it is the positive thinking that we need to work with. There is really no functional way to "deport" 5+ million people (ask the Americans what they are doing with around 10million illegal immigrants now!) - and when I pointed out that the majority of the people in Israel had nothing to do with its creation (the Israeli children didn't ask to be born there anymore than the Palestinian children did), it was only to show that there are a lot more "home-bred" Israelis than there are "imported" Israelis. So, if you were to deport them, seriously, where would they go if they and their parents (and possibly grandparents) have all been born and lived their whole lives there? What would you do, look at their family lineage and say, well, 70 years ago, your great grandparents came from Poland, so we will send you to Poland? Heck just over 100 years ago my family emigrated to the US - but my family has married other cultures, so I am part German, Polish, Norwegian, and English - where would you deport someone like me to? I know, someone will post "that's not our problem", but you know what? We all share this Earth and more often than not it is better to work together than to pull apart.

So, I would like to again, ask people with serious problem solving skills to again, give your input as to what you would do if you had the power to settle the situation. I gave some thoughts that I had (and I am sure someone will will criticize me or flame me, or just literally type-scream at me; I am not perfect, but I am trying to think of things that could be positive), I think if more people try to think of ideas, then insha'Allah, those ideas will grow and expand, and maybe some day, actually become solutions.

Peace,

Lana

AlQurtubi

Banned
Sister Lana, so if some one forces in your house and start putting your things in his bag, instead of fighting, would you offer him a cup of tea and would discuss what he wants to take away and what not. Would you make a deal with him?

There is really not justification of this question. Who gave israaelis, the right to move to palestine? Its like me who start killing ppl in USA and say "its my country and i will live here. I dont care what you do."

Sharing the earth.. wow! yes u might be right here. They are trying to share every thing from afghanistan to iraq.

Sister, May ALLAH bless you. I will stop here.

"The only solution is to stop settlers from grabbing more land and they should return the one taken but they have to live side by side in peace"

Why they have to LIVE SIDE BY SIDE? and jews and peace are mutually exclusive. They didnt even leave NAbi(SAW) with their underground efforts then how would they have mercy on us?

Idris16

I dont want to cause debate and arguments and such. i just have to say this.
many islamic leaders have sent letter to bush and people before bush and they sure doesnt understand a thing.
if America continues to act as a 'world police' and invade and arm, finance rebel groups to create fitna in Muslim countries then they should expect something very dangerous. That's It

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalam aliekum

With all the conflicts and attempts at peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, I was thinking - what would this look like?

So, I am wondering, if YOU were appointed the decision maker, to make both the Israelis and the Palestinians, if not happy, at least satisfied, how would YOU solve the problem? I mean, obviously, most of the people living there now have been born there (both sides), so it is "home" to both sides. Just tell what you would do if you were the decision maker....

Lana

Assalamu Alaykum,

If i was appointed to a position where both sides will listen to me. I would divide the land up and build a big wall. I would divided up equally and fairly. Move all the palestinians on one side and the israelis on the other. I truly believe that is the only to be fair and the only of peace to both sides. No israelis can come in into the palestinian side and no palestinian can come in to the israelis side. I say this because we can't just kick out the israelis, they are human and they need a place to live. Also this land doesn't belong to anyone but God. No one has the right to kick anyone out in my opinion.

warda A

Sister
Sister Lana, so if some one forces in your house and start putting your things in his bag, instead of fighting, would you offer him a cup of tea and would discuss what he wants to take away and what not. Would you make a deal with him?

There is really not justification of this question. Who gave israaelis, the right to move to palestine? Its like me who start killing ppl in USA and say "its my country and i will live here. I dont care what you do."

Sharing the earth.. wow! yes u might be right here. They are trying to share every thing from afghanistan to iraq.

Sister, May ALLAH bless you. I will stop here.

"The only solution is to stop settlers from grabbing more land and they should return the one taken but they have to live side by side in peace"

Why they have to LIVE SIDE BY SIDE? and jews and peace are mutually exclusive. They didnt even leave NAbi(SAW) with their underground efforts then how would they have mercy on us?

I was trying to see through things the way they are now, the nation of israel was created and we cannot ask for it to be removed, living side by side is the only solution, we are hanging onto alot of hatred and we will not solve the problem.
Knowledge is the answer, teach both sides that we have to be tolerant of each other.
Are you forgeting tha nabi (SAW) taught us to be tolerant?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

I was trying to see through things the way they are now, the nation of israel was created and we cannot ask for it to be removed, living side by side is the only solution, we are hanging onto alot of hatred and we will not solve the problem.
Knowledge is the answer, teach both sides that we have to be tolerant of each other.
Are you forgeting tha nabi (SAW) taught us to be tolerant?

If I can make decision and has veto power, I will veto on your suggestion living side by side with the jews. The muslim were living side by side with the jews until the Prophet (may blessings and peace be upon him) told them to leave because of their repeated breaking of promises and treaties. I think past incidents and latest Israel's atrocities against Gaza are enough for us to learn a lesson. We can never tolerate Israel anymore. If Britain and America so care about Israel they should allow the jews to create a jewish state in UK or America.

icadams

I would tell them to return to Poland, Germany, Russia, France and the places they came from. As far as I know people that convert to judaism aren't jews, so how come russians and germans that converted to Judaism call themselves jews?

Actually, the Israeli government will recognize any nationality that converts to Judaism if they do it according to Orthodox Jewish law.

icadams

Actually, let us consider not kicking any one out of the area but rather let us level the playing field as it were. If the governments of the major western countries such as the US, Germany, England, etc. would stop giving the Israelis money and weapons, and let them try to get by on their own, things would change real quick.

The only reason that Israel has been able to take over the land from the Palestinians is because of western backing. It is really our fault that there is so much conflict there. Take away the financial support of the Zionist jews and every one will learn to get along real quick. Most of the Israeli jews, just like most of the Palestinians just want to lead normal lives and are quite capable of getting along fine.