Is there anyone out there that is married to someone from a totally different race?

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Assalam,

WOW... I think it is nice to marry brothers or sisters from different who are good Muslim to show that in Islam we are united. I am total for that. I total agree with sis Muslimah, Sis you spoke as a true Muslim would!!:jumpclap::jumpclap:

Brother adriatic_boy and sis Muslimah99, you too seem to love agree with each other or is that you too know each other real well? :SMILY303:

yes exactly; to show that we are united

thank you sis, I am glad that I share this oppinion with many people!

No, I do not know the person, BUT I know the Bosnian culture and the stereotypes ...my mother dislikes everyone except Bosnians!
I try to convince her that all people are different. And my grandmother HATES black people or people with dark skin and she also hates gipsies.
It makes me mad when people discriminate others because of their naitonality and race, as if they could choose?

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I am a revert and NOT married to an Arab, my husband is from Albania which is a mediterranean country. To be honest not many Albanian's foreign wives revert.

devotedsoul

Assalamu Alaikum. Thanks sister Amira to raise the matter. I appreciate u want to stop but I just need to add some thing so that all of us get benifit out of this.

I'll request al the brothers and sister not comment untill I finish whole thing.

First of all, I m from a different background but now living in Australia. In sydney, I supposed to marry a OZ revert sister. But Allah likes her so much that he takes her away from me near him. However, she had friends who married Arab brothers and had the same problem as u described for u r sister and brother in law. Some how it's worse as he was hiting the sister now and then. I m telling about the close freind of my fiance. Just pick 1 story. She was the close freind of her and revert offcourse. They have 1 son and now another daughter.

Instead of telling u other stories just look what happen here. He was hitting sister and it's really made us angry. Specially her freind. But that sister never told it to anyone except my fiance, who was her best freind and then she was asking me she wanted to devorce him. As they were both typical OZ girl very hard headed too. lol but with v good heart. However, I suggested not to devorce and keep patience and make dua for him. Their problem was going on and on and worse. But I always telling that sister not to make mistake as Allah will fix the problem inshallah coz of her caring nature and sincerety. At the last stage they were abot to end up but a suddent incident turn the whole thing diff way.

He was not ligally living in Australia. So imigration told him to leave and he had to leve. He was a very handsome man. Anyway, there was no guarantee that he can come back to Australia again but he has to leave. So he left. Now the sister in danger. The social security money she was getting, it's not enough for her and as she left her family, almost no help from that side. Some times her dad or mum helped but not enough to fullfill the needs of her and her son. When my fiance wa alive she was trying to help her as much as she could. When she was in the hospital in New York she was sending me sms to help her as they were runing out food even. Sister was not worried about her but for her amazing cute son (May Allah make him big waliallah). However, Allah helped her and her son through some one but offcourse thats Allah subhanahu tayala, who helped when there is no help.

Sister was passing her time in great hardship but Allah apponted someone for the help of their family. Now she realize. On the other hand the brother also realizing when they r separated for a while. But then it's seems too long for both of them but sister save herself from many temptation as many guy was proposing her. She was confused to as there is v less possibility for him now to come back. But they both feel them by their hear instead of apperance they start thinking and feeling each other by their heart.

After a longggggg time and long struggle sister manage the immigration to permit him to come back with conditions. However, now when he came back he came back as a new man. he realized how much she suffered for him and what he is giving this revert sister. Now they have a v happy family and instead if devorce they have another child "Noor".

Every time I saw them the smile on their faces give me real plesure and make dua O Allah! give tawfiq to all to keep patience....

amira87

I love Allah
Well, in response to your first question about how come all the new revert females want to marry Arab brothers, I can tell you I'm neither a revert female or an Arab brother lol. I've always been a muslim chick and I'm not Arab, but I have made alot of observations in this area and I think I have a few ideas. I think that alot of the new muslimahs want to marry Arab brothers because everyone is exposed to that common misconception that Arabs know it best about Islam and because they speak Arabic, therefore they are the "authentic" muslims. This, my dears, is pure BULL. I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, but all muslims are the same, arabs and non-arabs as per Hadith and Quran. Based on my experience and I am NOT generalizing AT ALL, the most religious muslims I know arent even Arabs. So girls, if you have that in your head then GET RID OF IT because taqwa and 'ilm are not limited to an ethnicity.

As to your second question about how come many Arab men prefer white women more than black, that in itself is an unfortunate fact that actually exists for MANY people, and not just arabs or even other muslims. I think that it is another retarded stereotype that most people associate beauty with light skin and this is soooo wrong. Beauty exists in all nationalities, within all colors and people are wrong to believe otherwise. However, not everyone does believe that and I do know of many muslim brothers who have married black women or non-white muslimahs and have produced THE MOST beautiful children, MashAllah.

Again, this wasn't to offend anyone.

The main reason why most girls want to marry arab men is because they are hottt....lol but I am not saying that other ethnicities arent as good lookin either....anyways........:)

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The main reason why most girls want to marry arab men is because they are hottt....lol but I am not saying that other ethnicities arent as good lookin either....anyways........:)

.................................no comment.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:SMILY309: Chill all.. I suspect you guys are having miscommunication here.

Thanks , sister.

Your'e right, astgafirli, astagfirli, astagfirli,.....la rudi bilihi mina shaytani regeem :shymuslima1:

No worries.

Hot as in like this....:arabi1:
:SMILY335:

justoneofmillion

try this

:salam2:well the only thing that i like about myself besides Islam of course is that am half Arab Algerian half German and you can be sure that the combo scares Zionists immensely relentlessly passionately they are nowhere to find near me and my future wife inshallah is half Algerian half half Russian that s the bomb folks we are coming America......:SMILY129:. so i believe mixed marriages are fine as long as they are strategic geopolitically speaking;)
:salam2:
Jameel:SMILY303:

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
:salam2:well the only thing that i like about myself besides Islam of course is that am half Arab Algerian half German and you can be sure that the combo scares Zionists immensely relentlessly passionately they are nowhere to find near me and my future wife inshallah is half Algerian half half Russian that s the bomb folks we are coming America......:SMILY129:. so i believe mixed marriages are fine as long as they are strategic geopolitically speaking;)
:salam2:
Jameel:SMILY303:

brother, very good suggetion!
Atom bomb couple

liaa

So, I heard many times Arab are hard head. I do not have any say on marry to someone with different race or culture. But I have question how come all the new convert to muslim sisters want to or are marry Arab brothers, what about the other brothers and how come more half percent or the Arab men prefer white woman more than black or any other skin color.

that's not true! there are sisters who would like to marry reverted brothers too!

hassenali

obedience to Allah
what difference does it make? i once attended to a puplc conference by brother Tariq Ramadan something he said struck me I quote < dont let your tradition, your culture, or literature deforme islam> to me he is absolutely right, once some body reverted to islam he/she will follow the the same sunna as any other muslim from any other country.

warda A

Sister
Who told you that Arab women like covering?? It is well seen real picture of Arab women if you were in International Airport in Istanbul, when they are coming from Arabia and waiting in the Airport to fly in Western Europe, I saw myself trice. We blame unfortunately Turks as a secular but in Airports masjid in Istanbul mostly who pray are Turkish police, Arabs are "somewhere".
Nowdays it is irrelevant to say Arabs non-Arabs, who is together with the Quran and sunnah he/she is right one.

i will join my sister muslimah in disputing that remark.
so kindly stop generalizing!
am an arab woman and i have travelled but i have not removed my abaya nor nigab for that matter, because i do wear niqab, it is always on no matter what.

dianek

As I stated before but apparently it wasn't commented on....I think Arab men choose "white" women because they can manipulate us in a way. We are not as self-assured or as free-minded as say an African-American woman. We tend to lack self-confidence and that makes us easy targets for men who like "control". Atleast from my perspective. The majority of American white women that I know that are married to Arab/Muslim men, are moderately to severly overweight. They have led sad lives and here comes mister Arabian man to build up their egos and then easily "control" them. My husband must have thought I was an easy target for this......single mom, mid 20's but he had a battle on his hands with me. I challenge authority of any kind, needless to say he was easily frustrated with me. So I don't think this type of relationship is about finding the "white" woman a symbol of beauty.......maybe we were just convienent. ALSO, to the sister who said Arab men are hot..........I don't think it is Arab men are hot as so much as we like dark and handsome (Italians, Spaniards, Arabs, etc.) Olive colored skin does make my blood rush!!! :)

amira87

I love Allah
As I stated before but apparently it wasn't commented on....I think Arab men choose "white" women because they can manipulate us in a way. We are not as self-assured or as free-minded as say an African-American woman. We tend to lack self-confidence and that makes us easy targets for men who like "control". Atleast from my perspective. The majority of American white women that I know that are married to Arab/Muslim men, are moderately to severly overweight. They have led sad lives and here comes mister Arabian man to build up their egos and then easily "control" them. My husband must have thought I was an easy target for this......single mom, mid 20's but he had a battle on his hands with me. I challenge authority of any kind, needless to say he was easily frustrated with me. So I don't think this type of relationship is about finding the "white" woman a symbol of beauty.......maybe we were just convienent. ALSO, to the sister who said Arab men are hot..........I don't think it is Arab men are hot as so much as we like dark and handsome (Italians, Spaniards, Arabs, etc.) Olive colored skin does make my blood rush!!! :)

Not Me sweetheart! I am an american, but have seen alot and have been through all of peoples games. STOP OVER GENERALIZING PEOPLE. I cant even say that all arabs are even hard headed.....because hardheadedness comes in all colors :SMILY346:

user expired!

asalamualaykum warahmatullah,

wow some interesting points!

1) Not ALL Arabs are hot headed! i have many Arab Friends and trust me when it comes to Football i am far more Hot headed then them!

I have many Somali Friends and they are classed as Arabs and they are not hot headed( except when u start talkning about tribes) so all this generalisation is not helping anyone!

I just cam back fro Morroco( Marrakesh) and i can say Morroccons are very calm and Friendly people. Burben and Arabs both are cool.

2) I think you should marry who you want to marry! what effect is skin colour or hair colour going to have on your thoughts of an individual? Arab/Asian/White/Black/Chinese what ever! If they bring happiness and bring you closer to Allah then go for it!

jamafg

Salaam to all brothers and sisters,
As far as my own personal experience, it will be really very hard, if you marry someone with different level of education and understanding. Culture plays a roll, but need some sacrifices and compromises with yourself, then will be ok.
If you marry a well educated person, then you can hope to find the happiness, otherwise will be a waste of time for both.
Sorry but my experience talk itself.
Jazakom Allah-o- Khiran