It's time for all of us to be honest

Seeker_2601

I first visted this forum while thinking of converting to Islam. I was given many responses and was very excited by the support I was recieving but I have since lost faith, and I'll tell you all why.
I have, for many years, been involved with the Gothic subculture and have always found the darker side of life appealing, though I've never been sure why.
After 9/11 I would always hear talk of "radical muslims" and thinking myself quite "radical", I decided to see what all of the talk was about, and this is how I discoverd groups like Al Qaeda and Hamas and through those groups, Islam. When I look back on it, I was only thinking of reverting because I thought that blowing things up was cool. I wanted to be a muslim so I could be "different" and "edgy". I was reverting for the wrong reasons, and I believe this is why I lost faith. That was my being honest, and now I have some questions for you, if any of you would care to oblige me, I would be very grateful.
Firstly, I am a smoker. I know the risks, but I am a legal adult and am allowed to do so, my question is, what is Islam's ruling on smoking?
Next, my gothic lifestyle. I know about the basic clothing regulations, but (for those of you who know about the subculture) what does Islam say about some of the imagery and dark themes of the gothic culture.
Thirdly, music. I have seen many heated arguments about whether or not music is haraam, does anyone know of any quranic verses or hadith that actually say yes or no?
I honestly believe that Islam is the greatest religion I have ever seen, the proof is undeniable and the miracles of the Quran are there for all to see, but my main two questions are, How can you be so sure there really is a god, and, If Allah didn't want me to do some of the things I do, why make me the way I am? Why make humanity have so many flaws? Why not simply make us perfect servants?

If I came off as mopey or pretentious, I wasnt my intention. Im just sick of being scared of death and im sick of not knowing whats going on outside of our mundane little lives.

Thanks in advance,
B

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Let me answer some of your queries, for some of it I do not know the answer. Ulama' in my country had given fatwa that smoking is haraam, needless to say about the reasons. There is no total ban over music in Islam but what type of music you are talking about, songs and the lyricts of the songs are the criteria to tell you whether it is haraam or not.

All the creatures around you, inluding earth, son, moon and the planets and the air you breathe are the proof that there must be "someone" created all this. If you go to a desert, and there was rain for few days non stop, suddenly you will see grass coming out from the desert sands. Who planted the grass?

If anyone believe there is no God, then he/she should proof there is no God by creating an own planet, own air to breath, own son and moon etc.

Sorry, my explanation may not convince you. I just try my best.

mezeren

How can you be so sure there really is a god, and, If Allah didn't want me to do some of the things I do, why make me the way I am? Why make humanity have so many flaws? Why not simply make us perfect servants?

Thanks in advance,
B

Hi,

Let me try my best to answer you in a simple way.

i think i was much more difficult to believe in a Creator in the old days when human being had little knowledge about its own body about things surrounding him about the planet earth about the solar system,milky way,other galaxies and the universe as a whole.They needed clear miracles in the old days and Allah(s.w.t.) had sent them many.But today,we know we live in such a perfect universe that there is no room for coincidences.Anyone should see that there is a Creator and He is unique.He who created the wing of a fly is the One that created the universe.You could see the connection easily.

Allah created human kind so that they could understand His greatness and worship Him.if He had wanted us to be flawless he wouldn't have created us in the first place because He created Angels before us and they do nothing but obey His orders and worship Him all the time.

This leads us to somewhere.it means that we have something that angels do not have.We have the abilty to understand the creator better than the angels,an abilty to better appreciate His greatness.Because we have the will of choice,the abilty to do good and evil and we face evil every moment,our worships are more precious.Of course,i do not include myself there and claim to be better than anybody let alone angels.But as a principle it is possible.All the prophets,companions of the last Prophet of islam and lots of great scholars are perfect examples.

To rise to high levels of understanding the Creator and worshipping Him,there has to be devil and will of choice.Without good and evil and the ability to choose between them there would be no progress and prophets and pharoahs would be at the same level just like satan and angels before Adam was created.Satan had not been put the test by Allah before that.Of course Allah knew what satan was like because He created him,but angels thought satan was one of them.At the very first test satan failed but what made him satan forever is not the fact that he failed it is because he insisted on his sins and never repent due to his arrogance.

So,we are not flawless but we have the abilty to be a perfect servant.it is all up to us.

Take care.

webzaheer

Assalamualaikum brother,

I have a simple answer for one of your question.

وَمَا خَلَقۡتُ الۡجِنَّ وَالۡاِنۡسَ اِلَّا لِيَعۡبُدُوۡنِ‏﴿۵۶﴾
I have only created jinns and men, that they may serve Me. (51.56)

And

تُسَبِّحُ لَهُ السَّمٰوٰتُ السَّبۡعُ وَالۡاَرۡضُ وَمَنۡ فِيۡهِنَّ*!ؕ وَاِنۡ مِّنۡ شَىۡءٍ اِلَّا يُسَبِّحُ بِحَمۡدِهٖ وَلٰـكِنۡ لَّا تَفۡقَهُوۡنَ تَسۡبِيۡحَهُمۡ*!ؕ اِنَّهٗ كَانَ حَلِيۡمًا غَفُوۡرًا‏﴿۴۴﴾

The seven heavens and the earth, and all beings therein, declare His glory: there not a thing but celebrates His praise; and yet ye understand not how they declare His glory! Verily He is Oft- Forbearing, Most Forgiving! (17. 44)
:)

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

-Read the Quran, and make dua/prayer that you be guided, make it to Allah alone.

- life is a test.

massi

People have evidence of the existence of God, and the wisdom behind His creation
A non muslim friend of mine asked how i will prove existence of god and why has he given us life,and with what purpose. my answer did not satisfy him ,plese tell me what i should tell him?

Praise be to Allaah.

With regard to proof of the existence of Allaah, it is obvious to anyone who ponders the matter, and there is no need for a lengthy discussion. When we ponder the matter, we find out that it is divided into three categories: instinctive evidence, tangible evidence and shar’i evidence. We will explain that to you further, in sha Allaah.

1 – Instinctive evidence:

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

The instinctive evidence that God exists is the strongest of all evidence for those who are not led astray by the devils. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So set you (O Muhammad) your face towards the religion (of pure Islamic Monotheism) Haneef (worship none but Allaah Alone). Allaah’s Fitrah (i.e. Allaah’s Islamic Monotheism) with which He has created mankind” [al-Room 30:30]

Man’s sound nature (fitrah) testifies to the existence of God and man cannot turn away from that unless the devils mislead him; whoever is misled by the devils may not recognize this evidence.”

(From Sharh al-Safaareeniyyah)

Every person feels inside himself that he has a Lord and Creator, and he feels that he is in need of Him; if some major calamity befalls him he turns his hands, eyes and heart towards the heavens, seeking help from his Lord.

2 – Tangible evidence:

This refers to the things that exist in this universe; we see around us things that exist, such as trees, rocks, mankind, the earth, the heavens, seas, rivers…

If it is asked: these things are so many – who created them and is taking care of them?

The answer is that if these things came into being by accident, spontaneously and with no cause, then there is no one who knows how they were created, and that is one possibility. But there is another possibility, which is that these things created themselves and are taking care of themselves. And there is a third possibility, which is that there is Someone Who created them. When we look at these three possibilities, we find that the first and the second are impossible. If we reject the first and the second, then the third must be the one which is correct, which is that these things have a Creator who created them, and that Creator is Allaah. This is what is stated in the Qur’aan, where Allaah says:

“Were they created by nothing? Or were they themselves the creators?

Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they have no firm Belief” [al-Toor 52:35]

Moreover, when were these mighty things created? For all these years, who is it that has decreed that they should remain in this world and has granted them the means of abiding?

The answer is, it is Allaah who has given to each thing that which is suited to it and will guarantee its survival. Do you not see the beautiful green plants; when Allaah cuts off their water supply, can they live? No, rather they become dry stalks. If you ponder all things you will find that they are dependent upon Allaah. Were it not for Allaah, nothing would remain.

And Allaah has created everything to do that for which it is suited. So camels, for example, are for riding. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they not see that We have created for them of what Our Hands have created, the cattle, so that they are their owners.

And We have subdued them unto them so that some of them they have for riding and some they eat” [Yaa-Seen 36:71-72]

Look at the camel and how Allaah has created it strong, with a strong back, so that it can be used for riding and it is able to endure harsh conditions which other animals cannot bear.

If you look at other creatures you will find that they are suited to the purposes for which they were created. Glory be to Allaah.

Examples of tangible evidence include the following:

When calamities befall people this points to the existence of the Creator, for example, when they call upon Allaah and Allaah responds to their prayer; this points to the existence of Allaah. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed for rain, he said, ‘Allaahumma aghithnaa, Allaahumma aghithnaa (O Allaah, send us rain, O Allaah, send us rain).’ Then a cloud came and it started to rain before he had even come down from the minbar. This points to the existence of the Creator.” (Sharh al-Safaareeniyyah).

3 – Shar’i evidence:

All divinely-revealed laws point to existence of Allaah. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

“All the divinely-revealed laws point to the existence of the Creator and to the perfect nature of His knowledge, wisdom and mercy, because these laws must have been prescribed by someone, and that Lawgiver is Allaah.” (From Sharh al-Safaareeniyyah).

With regard to your question: why did Allaah create us?

The answer is: so that we would worship Him, thank Him and remember Him, and do that which He has commanded us. You know that among mankind there are kaafirs and there are Muslims. This is because Allaah wants to test His slaves as to whether they will worship Him or worship others. That is after Allaah has showed the way to everyone. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Who has created death and life that He may test you which of you is best in deed” [al-Mulk 67:2]

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

We ask Allaah to enable us and you to do that which He loves and is pleased with, and to do more da’wah and work for the sake of His religion. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

from here

Rashadi

I first visted this forum while thinking of converting to Islam. I was given many responses and was very excited by the support I was recieving but I have since lost faith, and I'll tell you all why.
I have, for many years, been involved with the Gothic subculture and have always found the darker side of life appealing, though I've never been sure why.
After 9/11 I would always hear talk of "radical muslims" and thinking myself quite "radical", I decided to see what all of the talk was about, and this is how I discoverd groups like Al Qaeda and Hamas and through those groups, Islam. When I look back on it, I was only thinking of reverting because I thought that blowing things up was cool. I wanted to be a muslim so I could be "different" and "edgy". I was reverting for the wrong reasons, and I believe this is why I lost faith. That was my being honest, and now I have some questions for you, if any of you would care to oblige me, I would be very grateful.
Firstly, I am a smoker. I know the risks, but I am a legal adult and am allowed to do so, my question is, what is Islam's ruling on smoking?
Next, my gothic lifestyle. I know about the basic clothing regulations, but (for those of you who know about the subculture) what does Islam say about some of the imagery and dark themes of the gothic culture.
Thirdly, music. I have seen many heated arguments about whether or not music is haraam, does anyone know of any quranic verses or hadith that actually say yes or no?
I honestly believe that Islam is the greatest religion I have ever seen, the proof is undeniable and the miracles of the Quran are there for all to see, but my main two questions are, How can you be so sure there really is a god, and, If Allah didn't want me to do some of the things I do, why make me the way I am? Why make humanity have so many flaws? Why not simply make us perfect servants?

If I came off as mopey or pretentious, I wasnt my intention. Im just sick of being scared of death and im sick of not knowing whats going on outside of our mundane little lives.

Thanks in advance,

Greeting seeker, faith can go up and down depending on our actions. The more we spend our time doing things which are bad for us, haram and a waste of time, the more our faith will go down. In order for our faith to keep increasing, we must back it up by doing the righteous works or as some call it good deeds. The two, faith and good works, are connected and we need both. There are also times our faith can become weak and the thing to do is continue out throughout the difficult time and of course Allah/God will reward us for our effort and strive. Life is a test and it is only logic that God will put us to trial by all kinds of different things. Few examples are wealth, life, weakness of faith, property, etc. Just because someone has a lot of money, this does not mean the person is blessed but it could rather be his or her own destruction since the person wasn't wise. It is a test and all of us are out here to worship, to be tested and to strive for the best of the herafter.

As for smoking cigarettes, when cigarettes were first invented by the Turks, they weren't as they are today. There wasn't any proven harm in it to health and the only ngative part was the smell. So the scholars in Ottoman Turkey during those days did not see any evidence that it was haram so they ruled it as Makru. In other words, it was not forbidden nor encouraged or liked but it was prefered to stay away from. However, today it is a different story because cigarettes contain chemicals, poisons and other harmful ingredients so they are haram because of the harm. I used to smoke and I know how difficult it is to quit. It's been about 2 years now that I quit and it was harder at first but it gets easier as time passes by. So from the research I have done in about Islam I would tell you it's definitely haram. But my dear brother/sister, keep in mind that the Quran came in stages(over period of 23 years) and people were not expected to turn into perfect beings over night but there is a step.

There are some people that can change extremely fast while it takes others more time. Do not let that stop you from embracing Islam. If you are certain and convinced, embrace Islam and work on the rest as you go. It's like lifting weights or doing anything for that matter; there has to be a plan, preperation, etc. The same goes with Islam and take it step by step. No one will ever learn everything about Islam nor will anyone ever be perfect. God didn't create us perfect and He is the all knowing. We have choice and the ability to choose and refuse. A good example was when the Quran was first revealed to our Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and the way his society was at the time. The people drank, gambeled, fornicated, oppressed others, and did many horrible things. The Quran was revealed in stages and alcohol was not made haram as soon as the first words were dictated. It was later and the first warning or preparation for the ban on liquor was the verse in regards to not coming to prayers while drunk but rather wait until one is sober.

This was getting them ready and they started drinking less and less because they had to focus on Islam. Since they had to pray few times a day, it gave them less time and chances to drink. So the verse that banned alcohol was not revealed over night or the same day the revelation started but it was at a different time. The same goes for us now and our bad habits before we embrace Islam. We should embrace Islam and work on these things. It is much easier and a person who embraces Islam will him/hersself try to be good and stop doing the haram things. I still smoked when I was convinced about Islam and I embraced it because we never know what happens tomorrow. It is better to die in submission as a believer then as a non-believer and at the same time with sins. We all are humans and have the ability to sin. No one is perfect but we must try our best to worship our Lord and pass the test. He is more mercieful than a mother is to her infant and He gives the best of rewards for our labors, sincerity and efforts.

As for music, this is a subject of debate. There are some scholars who say it is haram or at least the instruments and there are others who say it is not forbidden but rather it depends on what kind of music it is and how much time we spent on it. I would recommend that you pray to God and ask Him to guide you to the right way. If you are convinced, embrace Islam as soon as possible and then start step by step. We all learn new things and it will continue forever. No one will become all knowing because only God is so. The Quran on the other hand has a beautiful style and flow. You could listen to the Quran recitations and that will at least cut our precious time that we waste with music or television. Music can become addictive and also cause weakness in faith; especially if we listen to bad content etc. It was an addiction to me and I did research on it. I saw both sides of the story between those who say it is haram and those who argue not all music is haram. In my opinion, it is harmful and a waste of time. It becomes addictive and a big distraction. It also effects a person's mind. Have you ever noticed in public there is music almost everywhere? The malls, shopping stores, etc all have music because how it effects our minds and changes us.

They do it get us to shop of course and they are likely successful at it. Movies also have music in them and it can bring a person to tears if the movie is sad and then comes that sad music and before you know you are in tears or your mood changed. So there are definitely side effects on it but scholars have debated this subject for a long time. They both use their evidences for their opinions and reject the other. I tried to be as honest and fair as I could because I am not interested in taking sides nor argue with anyone. I just wanted to know for sure if it is haram, halal or makru. There are different opinions among scholars and I would first focus on learning more about God, purpose of life, day of judgement, and the Islamic way of life. The rest will naturally fall into proper place.

As for your last sentence about why God made us the way we are, I find this one more important than debating about music. God is all knowing and He put us here to worship Him. This life is a test and He has given us the ability to choose and refuse. He knows how we are and He is wise and mercieful. If He would have made us perfect servants where we could not hav a choice, there wouldn't be no test. He has made us different instead. He has given us the ability to choose and He expects us to worship Him with our sincere efforts and ability. He is the one who guides and He is the best of helpers. That is why He is so rewarding and appreciative. He has given us the ability to be bad or good, and we can't see Him. Therefore, since we voluntarily submit to His will and decide to worship Him rather than what He created, He rewards us many times over for every deed of ours. Since life is a test, we are made this way and have the ability to make decisions. He only questions us over the things we have control over and not other things which are beyond our control.

God is the most mercieful and loving. He is gracious and the most just. He expects us to try our best, make the efforts and be sincere. We do our part and He will do the rest. I hope you are satisfied with the answers and embrace Islam first before anything if you are convinced and the rest will come step by step.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you)

In the Name Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful.

1. Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion; and He over all things hath Power;-

2. He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving;-

3. He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of ((Allah)) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?

4. Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out.

5. And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.

6. For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination.

7. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth,

8. Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is cast therein, its Keepers will ask, "Did no Warner come to you?"

9. They will say: "Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, '(Allah) never sent down any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious delusion!'"

10. They will further say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!"

11. They will then confess their sins: but far will be (Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!

12. As for those who fear their Lord unseen, for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward.

13. And whether ye hide your word or publish it, He certainly has (full) knowledge, of the secrets of (all) hearts.

14. Should He not know,- He that created? and He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).

15. It is He Who has made the earth manageable for you, so traverse ye through its tracts and enjoy of the Sustenance which He furnishes: but unto Him is the Resurrection.

16. Do ye feel secure that He Who is in heaven will not cause you to be swallowed up by the earth when it shakes (as in an earthquake)?

17. Or do ye feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones), so that ye shall know how (terrible) was My warning?

18. But indeed men before them rejected (My warning): then how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)?

19. Do they not observe the birds above them, spreading their wings and folding them in? None can uphold them except ((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly ((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly it is He that watches over all things.

20. Nay, who is there that can help you, (even as) an army, besides ((Allah)) Most Merciful? In nothing but delusion are the Unbelievers.

21. Or who is there that can provide you with Sustenance if He were to withhold His provision? Nay, they obstinately persist in insolent impiety and flight (from the Truth).

22. Is then one who walks headlong, with his face grovelling, better guided,- or one who walks evenly on a Straight Way?

23. Say: "It is He Who has created you (and made you grow), and made for you the faculties of hearing, seeing, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is ye give.

24. Say: "It is He Who has multiplied you through the earth, and to Him shall ye be gathered together."

25. They ask: When will this promise be (fulfilled)? - If ye are telling the truth.

26. Say: "As to the knowledge of the time, it is with Allah alone: I am (sent) only to warn plainly in public."

27. At length, when they see it close at hand, grieved will be the faces of the Unbelievers, and it will be said (to them): "This is (the promise fulfilled), which ye were calling for!"

28. Say: "See ye?- If Allah were to destroy me, and those with me, or if He bestows His Mercy on us,- yet who can deliver the Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?"

29. Say: "He is ((Allah)) Most Gracious: We have believed in Him, and on Him have we put our trust: So, soon will ye know which (of us) it is that is in manifest error."

30. Say: "See ye?- If your stream be some morning lost (in the underground earth), who then can supply you with clear-flowing water?"

(Al-Qur'an Chapter 67)

Wa Alaikum Salam (And Peace be upon you)

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Salaam

your questions are worthy of being answered.

about how do you know wether there is a God...A companion of the Prophet :SAW: asked him the very same question...you wana know what that simple man sed (May Allah Bless Him :saw: ) He :saw: sed that...camel excretion in the middle of the desert is evidence that a camel is there or was there, a footprint is evidence that a man is there and this world yours and my existence the Sun the moon every creature on this planet are evidence that Allah is ther. (paraphrased)

Some like to counter that arguement with the big bang theory...again evidence that something or someone must of created this force that some how placed the Sun the Earth and the rest of the planets in their exact positions.

My friend there is no fault in our Lords creation, but rather it is us who bring out the faults. for example if you study biology and physics you'll discover there are so many processes occurring in our bodies which enable us to live i.e breathing...(no doubt there are nothing wrong with them processes) now when you look at a smoker (no offence i used to be one i quit once i cme into Islam...i studied the rulings for myself and i definately agree that it is HARAM) their breathing is not so efficient is this the creators fault or the creation itself. Allah gave us the free will along with it comes a test...will you do as Allah says or will you do what you desire.

i am also a student of knowledge and i have seen myself that Islam doent not place to much emphesis on faith alone like christianity and does not place too much emphasis on obedience...but rather Islam takes all into consideration. Forgive me if i have offended you brother, i make dua that i am able to practice what i have preached to you now...i'm not perfect myself i deliberately let myself get over powered by shaytan sumtymz but we shudn't stop fighting back (if Allah Wills for Us to go on)

There is no God But Allah and Muhammad Son of Abdullah is His faithful Servant and the Last and final Messenger :saw:

shichemlydia

trial to help..

salam alikoum,
i will try to start with the most important question, which is the belief system in islam, islam in fact has nothing to do with el qaida or things like that, who kills the innicents will pay in front of allah swt in the day of judgement.

of course smoking is haram in islam, and no one has any doubt about it, but this is not a reason, there are a lot of muslim who smoke while worshipping allah swt, and looking and asking for his help and forgivness as this is not from the biggest sins. the same thing for music.

do not blame allah swt when you do wrongly, allah has given us free choices, you are free to choose between a lot of things, if you pick the right one , allah swt will reward you, and if you pick the wrong one, allah swt will write it as a sin, unless you have asked for forgivness. i see there is nothing more logical than this, it is like the exam at school, if you do good you get your 20/20 and if not, you get something less or 0/20. allah swt is not to be blamed, because he made everything clear what is permissible is clear and what is haram is clear too. and it is for you to take or leave such a things.
do not keep stucking to the past ghotic.....try to renew your life,....YESTERDAY IS HISTORY, TOMORROW IS A MISTERY, BUT TODAY IS A GIFT,,,, it is a matter of belief, if you believe that you can change your life as a lot of people did, you can do it with the will and help of allah swt.
islam means submission, worshipping the creator on his terms.
wa salam alikoum,

sazk

Banned
Guys i dont think this guy here is 'genuine'. there are a lot of coptic christians who do these sorts of tricks. making fake registrations and then pointing out fiddly little things on which Islam is very clear. very clearly this fake person has said that he thinks that islam is about blowing things up. then he goes on to say that islam is a beautiful religion. living in england, i have seen how these coptic christians work. they will lie to your face. they think we don't know that they are lying.

"Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby" (Surah Al-Baqara verse 79)

if this 'guy' wants.. he can go back to his bible which contains 10 cases of incest, cases of gangrape and recommends that slavery is ok and contains bestiality and *!*!*!*!ography.

Whomsoever Allah (SWT) guides, none can lead astray...

BigAk

How can you be so sure there really is a god, and, If Allah didn't want me to do some of the things I do, why make me the way I am? Why make humanity have so many flaws? Why not simply make us perfect servants?
B

Brother... It's okay that you're going through a period of doubts. It is Allah's plan to test you and strengthen your faith in Him. The test is; if you are able to use your logic and conquer these doubts, the experience will only make you stronger in your belief in your Creator. This is the time to hold a dialog between you and Allah alone. I went through it.. I recall a time where I went off away from humans to a far place. I looked up and screamed loudly asking plain questions and holding a dialog like one would do with a friend. To my ultimate surprise, He answered me on that same night... .not with words of course.. but with events.

Why don't you do the same? It really works!!!

BigAk

Guys i dont think this guy here is 'genuine'. there are a lot of coptic christians who do these sorts of tricks. making fake registrations and then pointing out fiddly little things on which Islam is very clear. very clearly this fake person has said that he thinks that islam is about blowing things up. then he goes on to say that islam is a beautiful religion. living in england, i have seen how these coptic christians work. they will lie to your face. they think we don't know that they are lying.

"Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby" (Surah Al-Baqara verse 79)

if this 'guy' wants.. he can go back to his bible which contains 10 cases of incest, cases of gangrape and recommends that slavery is ok and contains bestiality and *!*!*!*!ography.

Whomsoever Allah (SWT) guides, none can lead astray...

No sazk.... You may be wrong on this one.... Please go back and read brother Seeker's old posts .... I believe he is sincere... Even if he's not, it would be very unfair of you to assume the bad too quickly. Allah has forbiden us from doing so in the Quran... I'll have to find the verse...

Salam.

sazk

Banned
i'd love to be wrong brother.

if this guy liked islam because he wanted to blow stuff up then this is clearly not the religion for him. as muslims, we abhor killing of innocent lives.

the answers to his questions are clearly given in the Quran.

his own existence with two eyes, two ears n a pair of lips n two hands n two feet are proof of the Existence of the Almighty.

this life is a test. He could've made us into perfect servants if He wanted. Ayyub(Job) went through hardships. Yunus(Jonah) went through hardships. Yusuf (Joseph) went through hardships. Moses went through hardships. Jesus went through hardships. Muhammad went through hardships. Peace be upon them all.

Allah does not test any soul more than it can bear.

And those who are patient will be the successful ones.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
It's not up to us to decide whether this brother is genuine or not but rather let us do our job and portray the true messenge in it's original light inshaAllah and leave the rest for Allah to decide. Prophet :saw: asked a sahaba for killing someone on the battle field who took the shahada thinking he's only saying that to save his neck, "did you slit his chest open and look into his heart?"
clearly we are not all knowing Allah knows his intentions very well just make du'a for our guidence in the right striaght path inshaAllah

ShyHijabi

Salaam brother Seeker,

It seems you are getting caught up in the details and not the big picture. We are talking about smoking, clothing and other small issues? This is making you lose your faith? Islam has one main point, there is no other God except Allah and Mohammed is his messenger. After that it's detail.

You can be a Muslim and still struggle with daily stuff, unlike Christianity we don't promise everything will just be hunky dory after you're "saved." Everyone has their jihad, their struggle. Your jihad may be smoking and the desire to meld into less than decent crowds. You are rewarded simply for thinking of changing your ways, can you imagine the reward if you actually succeed? It's amazing how merciful Allah swt is!

Dear brother, we are such imperfect people, we Muslims, but we are part of such a perfect religion. No one said you have to change overnight, just work on the details and trust in Allah. Even during the Prophet's time there was a slow phasing out of the forbidden things, it wasn't dropped on their heads in a day. Be patient with yourself and take your steps as you are able.

Wasalaam

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

yep Shy Hijabi gave the best advice -

dont get caught up in small issues - Look at the big pitcure

peace.

hana*

assalamualikum all,

excellent posts so far

firstly we have to remember that everything that is forbidden in islam is because it is harmful to us and for this reason only. smoking is one of the worlds greatest killers, it causes more deaths than drugs, fires, road accidents, knife killings etc put together. lung cancer caused by smoking is one of the greatest causes of cancer and smoking causes irreversible lung damage, infertility, damage to the unborn and babies born from mothers who smoke are generally smaller and less nourished. in addition smoking harms those around us, is a finanical burden and reduces ones life expectancy or quality of life. so with this in mind, smoking is harmful and thus anything that causes harm to oneself or others is haraam. as for music, modern music today contains much to do with sex, alcohol, drugs, and all the remaining filth. also the modern singers dress so immodesty hardly covering any part of their body. music wich does not promote the above is considered differently. for example there are songs about the prophet (saas) which are not haraam.

as for the question about the existence of God. i pose the question, if a new car came out onto the market that nobody had seen before, imagine this car to be like no other. if i said to you that this car came about by chance and that nobody created or designed it would you believe me? you would think i was crazy. if i said to you that the the battery and the metal-work, the wheels and the wiring, the engine and the compartments all came together by chance by themselves and that metal formed by itself into the shape of a car, the wires, nuts and bolts aligned themselves by themselves to form a car by itself you would laugh at me. you know that is impossible. likewise how can we believe that this world, with all its splendour, came together by chance by a few atoms coliding randomly to have what we see before us- the world was obviously created by an amazing Creator whith great design and thought like the car which was designed and created with thought could not possibly come together by chance.

i recomend that seeker reads the book: 'a brief illustrated guide to understanding islam', that has numerous examples of how The Quran is obviously from a devine source.