Kafirphobia

ajmal_ihsaas22

Striving For Jannah
I’m dead scared of spiders. They creep me out. I don’t want to start a mass spider genocide or anything …I just don’t like the way they walk. I mean they’re cool because spiders bailed out the Prophet (SAW) in the cave while people were hunting him down but still, I have what is called arachnophobia: fear of spiders.

Other people are scared of many other things. I know people who are scared of rollercoasters. I make fun of those people. I also know people are afraid of tight spaces so they don’t like the blanket on top of them because they fear the blanket would come alive and strangle them to death. I’m not friends with people like that.

However I would take all of the above over people who are kafirphobic - fear of kafirs. Kafirs are basically people who know about Islam but aren’t a fan of accepting it. It’s normal to leave it at that. However some folks get a bit wound up. They start screaming at anything that looks remotely kafir.

They scream at kafirs if they’re sitting on a grassy knoll.

They scream at kafirs if they’re at a peace rally

They even scream “Kafir” at Muslims for some reason.

They’re not really that scary either. These “Kafirs” can give you flowers or chocolates and other goodies. I dunno about you but that sounds pretty sweet. Kafirs like to give out flowers and chocolates time-to-time so it’s good to chill with them during Christmas and Easter.

So WHY do people have kafirphobia? What makes people run and scream from them as if they’re some sort of monster or jinn? Nobody knows for sure, but I did some of my own research of the symptoms:

- Coughing, sneezing or sore throat while in a crowd of non-Muslims
- Dizziness when too close to a “non-Muslim”
- Massive stomach irritation when eating at a restaurant made by kafirs.
- Extreme itchiness when using a product and/or invention that was made by a kafir.
- Watery eyes when reading a book written by a Non-Muslim
- (Sometimes) IQ is at a sub-par level

Kafirphobia unfortunately still exists … even when the nurse that helped bring us into this world was a kafir. Even when the people marching with us against the occupation of Palestine are kafirs. Even when we fall off our bikes, a nearby kafir would come and say “you okay?”. Not all kafirs are evil. Just the ones that say they want to kill us or something. Those ones are no good. But the rest are cool.

Screw kafirs eh? There are bigger problems out there than “kafirs”. I’m not saying to hug and kiss every non-Muslim you see out there. Some folks might not be a fan of that and lot of them don’t use a lota. That problem is that we are scared of the wrong things. We shouldn’t fear people. Just insects, rollercoasters and blankets.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I’m dead scared of spiders. They creep me out. I don’t want to start a mass spider genocide or anything …I just don’t like the way they walk. I mean they’re cool because spiders bailed out the Prophet (SAW) in the cave while people were hunting him down but still, I have what is called arachnophobia: fear of spiders.

Other people are scared of many other things. I know people who are scared of rollercoasters. I make fun of those people. I also know people are afraid of tight spaces so they don’t like the blanket on top of them because they fear the blanket would come alive and strangle them to death. I’m not friends with people like that.

However I would take all of the above over people who are kafirphobic - fear of kafirs. Kafirs are basically people who know about Islam but aren’t a fan of accepting it. It’s normal to leave it at that. However some folks get a bit wound up. They start screaming at anything that looks remotely kafir.

They scream at kafirs if they’re sitting on a grassy knoll.

They scream at kafirs if they’re at a peace rally

They even scream “Kafir” at Muslims for some reason.

They’re not really that scary either. These “Kafirs” can give you flowers or chocolates and other goodies. I dunno about you but that sounds pretty sweet. Kafirs like to give out flowers and chocolates time-to-time so it’s good to chill with them during Christmas and Easter.

So WHY do people have kafirphobia? What makes people run and scream from them as if they’re some sort of monster or jinn? Nobody knows for sure, but I did some of my own research of the symptoms:

- Coughing, sneezing or sore throat while in a crowd of non-Muslims
- Dizziness when too close to a “non-Muslim”
- Massive stomach irritation when eating at a restaurant made by kafirs.
- Extreme itchiness when using a product and/or invention that was made by a kafir.
- Watery eyes when reading a book written by a Non-Muslim
- (Sometimes) IQ is at a sub-par level

Kafirphobia unfortunately still exists … even when the nurse that helped bring us into this world was a kafir. Even when the people marching with us against the occupation of Palestine are kafirs. Even when we fall off our bikes, a nearby kafir would come and say “you okay?”. Not all kafirs are evil. Just the ones that say they want to kill us or something. Those ones are no good. But the rest are cool.

Screw kafirs eh? There are bigger problems out there than “kafirs”. I’m not saying to hug and kiss every non-Muslim you see out there. Some folks might not be a fan of that and lot of them don’t use a lota. That problem is that we are scared of the wrong things. We shouldn’t fear people. Just insects, rollercoasters and blankets.

As salamo alaikome

Oh wow!!!!! Sister your post was hilarious! Im not sure if you wrote it to be funny or not but honestly I couldnt stop laughing through all of it!

I have to say just one thing and please forgive me Im not trying to be a critic at all! Your work here was lovely and beautiful reading. I just want to add one thing at the end of it all.

You said at the end of your post "That problem is that we are scared of the wrong things. We shouldn’t fear people. Just insects, rollercoasters and blankets." I just want to add to that we should fear nothing and no-one but Allah!

Great post sister! Jazakallah khairan!

wa salam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
sister,you're right!!!hey!I'm scared from spiders too!!!I really go in panic when I see one of them,even the littlest one and I don't know why.
one day my husband told me to go for a walk to the supermarket with my child,just not to remain everyday at home.for the first time I felt a sensation of disgust by crossing the sights of people.everything I looked around me was ennoying for me,and I only felt a little better when I met the sight of a muslim sister with her children who smiled at me and greeted me.maybe it's not a fear of what's wrong,but the sensation of refuse of kafirs towards us.I see how they look at me(above all the old women with a kilo of make up on their eyes and a strong smell of parfume on their clothes).many times I feel like a stranger in my land.but I don't care.if somebody among the kafirs greets me or makes me some compliment about my children;I thank him.to summarize,many times, while I cross the crowd,I feel like a fish out of water and to come out of it I have to keep the breath and run as fast as possible.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I used to be a kafir myself until recently. I have to admit to still feeling a certain bit of attachment to my kafir lifestyle. It has been hard to give up certain things in my life. I still struggle with letting go of everything...

Isra

aka Tree2008

I used to be a kafir myself until recently. I have to admit to still feeling a certain bit of attachment to my kafir lifestyle. It has been hard to give up certain things in my life. I still struggle with letting go of everything...

Wa alaikome salam

I dont know how long its been since you took your Shahada brother but for me its been 2 1/2 years now and I am STILL giving up things for the sake of Allah. I recently gave up music for the sake of Allah and that was the hardest thing I have ever done but I look at it this way.......everytime I give something up for the sake of Allah and the hereafter it proves to me how devoted I am to Islam.

Not too far back I was reading Quran and the part (of course I dont know which Surah or verse!) where it was talking about the hyprocrites and there was a verse that said something like "their deeds will be made to seem good in their eyes and they will not percieve that they are wrongdoers" so suddenly I got terrified that I could be one of the hyprocrites since it said they can be hyprocrites and not even know that they are!

I have since calmed down alot and put my heart and my life in Allahs hands. Allah knows better than me what is good and what is not so I give up what he commands us to give up and I do it for the sake of Allah and to save my own soul! If you think about it that way dear brother it really isnt as difficult to give up things in this dunya that shaitan makes pleasing to us. We do it for Allah and to save our own soul from eternity in hellfire!

Take it easy.........Islam is a way of life and it gets a bit easier everyday that you are actually living it!

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Ponder this:

Reference: Sahih Al-Tirmidhi Hadith No 194

Narrated Jabir Ibn Abdullah: Umar ibn al-Khattab brought to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) a copy of the Torah and said: Allah's Messenger, this is a copy of the Torah. He (Allah's Messenger) kept quiet and he (Umar) began to read it. The (colour) of the face of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) underwent a change, whereupon AbuBakr said: Would that your mother mourn you, don't you see the face of Allah's Messenger? Umar saw the face of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) and said: I seek refuge with Allah from the wrath of Allah and the wrath of His Messenger. We are well pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion, and with Muhammad as Prophet. Whereupon Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, even if Moses were to appear before you and you were to follow him, leaving me aside, you would certainly stray into error; for if (Moses) were alive (now), and he found my prophetical ministry, he would have definitely followed me. Transmitted by Darimi.

esperanza

revert of many years

brother..it will be hard it will take time,,,,,but you will get there,,,,
and remeber your improving yourself and getting closer to Allah

there are many muslims born muslims sadly,,,who are moving closer to the "kafir" lifestyle ,by copying things from them

your moving in the right direction ..it needs time and patience and perseverance

Isra

aka Tree2008
You know I used to be a Christian too.

I'm just piling it on today, aren't I?

Oh and to whoever asked, I took my shahada 2 months ago.

As salamo alaikome

Ok so 2 months ago you became a Muslim and eliminated your Christian/kafir status! Alhamdulillah!

As I posted before you are like a newborn baby in the Muslim world! I myself am only 2 1/2 years old! We are both babies so it takes time! Relax and dont beat yourself up! You have to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk. You have to learn to walk before you can learn to run! It will all come in time inshallah!

wa salam

FahdAW

Wa 'Alaikum as-Salaam brother,

Congratulations on finding the right path. May Allah keep you steadfast in acquiring true knowledge, acting upon it and calling others to it.

Indeed, the blessing of Hidaya is one of the greatest blessings. So hold on tight to the rope, and make the Qur'aan your close companion. Have the intention of improving yourself and everytime you decide to give up something do it for the sake of Allah. Strive in acquiring knowledge, learning Arabic and other Islamic subjects, watching lectures etc. and you may find it easier to adopt yourself to a completely Islamic lifestyle.

The Prophet (salAllahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Isra

aka Tree2008
The Prophet (salAllahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

As salamo alaikome

This is just beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes! Jazakallah khairan for posting this brother! May Allah reward you good Ameen.

wa salam

abdul-aziz

be careful on using the word kaafir as it is not meant to classify all people who are not muslim.

was it not that the prophet, PBUH, visited the very person (non muslim) that would throw garbage in front of his door.

The letters sent to the big kingdoms of Roman and Persian empires, did they say you kaafir or was it more like oh leader of so and so people. And this was even after the messengers that sent letters where dipped in hot tar with their skin melting off before they die.

Allah has the right to identify anybody but we as muslims shouldn't label as we don't know what is in the hearts of men.

wa Allah ya'lam

just a thought! not a fatwa if you know what I mean. You could look these up yourself.

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

I like spiders but wont touch them. I Like Dogs, but wont touch them. I hate Iblees but will never be able to kill him. Except for one, Almighty has destined. So why this phobia to a fellow human!! we never burn a house to kill a rat. The most amiable, have the highest influence. Prophet:saw: was most amiable, so were Sahabah's, saints, our age's best preachers...so were all of best of Almighty's men.

We need to open our eyes, If one cannot stand in front of a fellow human and give a smile, or lend a helping hand, then one is failing in basic human act. You want to tell him what you think is right, go ahead do it. To have the necessary effect, he should first be conditioned to listen to you.... try once, try twice, but spit on him in anger, be ready to take back a spit. and face consequence of the split.

But before that be right there in middle of the right path is what I would tell myself....We have a duty to perfect our act first, is it not?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You extend you help to those that have selected not to believe. You are the most helpful. But, and this is a big one..are we not told by the word of Allah not to sit with those that do not believe. If they hold a conversation and we do not mention the Glorious Name of Allah..is that conversation not void.

We are the ones carrying the lit lantern. Each step we take towards Allah illuminates the path making it a little wider. Whosoever wishes to listen and accompany us we walk with them. The others we let go.

In simple word I am trying to get to Allah. I am not going to allow anything to impede my progress.

Wannabemuslim

I have a very minor version of "kafirophobia", i just get nervous when im around people i cant trust, i then get very pariniod and talk to my self and do other things that make people want to turn away from me. But still, i think that thats better than being one of "them"...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Are you talking about spiders?

I have pet-spider. He/She lives freely on his/hers net on the corner of my living room.

I don´t think he/she is kafir. He/she looks as muslim spider.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
As salamo alaikome

Ok so 2 months ago you became a Muslim and eliminated your Christian/kafir status! Alhamdulillah!

As I posted before you are like a newborn baby in the Muslim world! I myself am only 2 1/2 years old! We are both babies so it takes time! Relax and dont beat yourself up! You have to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk. You have to learn to walk before you can learn to run! It will all come in time inshallah!

wa salam

Yeah I tried to do to much at first and it was really frustrating to the point where I backed off for a month or so. I went from hardcore back to where I was before. I've said and done some things that I know I shouldn't. I have asked for forgiveness both from Allah and from the people I have hurt, but I still have this lingering guilt about it.