Muslim/Islam-Hatred all over Yahoo Articles.

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum,

Why are people so hateful and mean-spirited? I was just reading a comments section on an article on "Yahoo-News" on Al-shabab child soldiers in Somalia. Which I shouldn't have even done from past experiences. I guess I didn't learn my lesson BUT I did, probably because I myself am a Somali. Yet I seen nothing but comments going on about:

"We should nuke them!"

"We went into their country before and tried to help them but they didn't want our help. Who cares?"

and "ISLAM is Cancer."

"Another Muslim country..."

"And the religion of peace strikes again. Why doesn't their God help them?"

I get so enraged and saddened reading these comments, but since I am fasting I commented politely stating a quote on ignorance and hatred of these commenters. That resulted with me being called an "Idiot, and "dumb".
I just don't understand them. Why so much deep hatred for us Muslims and Islam? They're saying such awful things. Sorry to vent but I am a very sensitive kind of person when it comes to Islam and Muslims being insulted...because it is my identity afterall. I just feel like the ignorant one for even trying to write to speak to these same people. I just cannot wait till The day of judgement when we will get the last laugh like it's mentioned in the Qur'an Insha'Allah. Thoughts?

Peace for now, sorry for the venting, :/

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I understand what you mean. It's frustrating and hurtful when we hear ignorance and verbal abuse spewed about our way of life, for which nothing is more beloved.

I personally have hated Islamophobia so much that I implemented a public awareness campaign in my city to shed awareness about it. As a result I learned that one of the best things we can do is to not stay silent and make sure that our voices are heard. People WILL hear you and inshAllah you WILL make a difference, to the point where you'll even be surprised at the impact you have on others. The more people speak out against injustice, the greater and louder our combined voices will be until the haters will have no choice but to hear us. It will take time and won't happen overnight. But I'm witnessing people becomes more accepting everyday and inshAllah that number will grow.

Make dua, Ukhti. Make sincere dua that people stop hating us. But above all, don't ever let anyone silence you. Your voice can be your biggest asset at times. Speak out for your community, for equality and social justice. I promise it'll be worth it :)

Oh and as for Yahoo Answers, Youtube and other social mediums, remember one thing. It's so easy to run your mouth behind a computer screen. It's an entirely different thing to do it in public. I guarantee you that those with the gall to do the former don't have an ounce of courage to do it in the latter. When you fight with an ignorant person, you will NEVER win because they INSIST on their ignorance. To that you pity this curse they've literally put on themselves and know they will probably drown in their own ignorance.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

1. when we really cant do anything, why do you upset yourself by going thru those news when you can read Quran and positive Islamic stories which will soothe ur heart while fasting sister?

2. such people have existed since beginning....there have been people who mocked and troubled God's prophets and messengers (peace be upon them), thn who we are?

3. you must have seen what God said in His Book Quran:

086.015 As for them, they are but plotting a scheme,
086.016 And I am planning a scheme.
086.017 Therefore grant a delay to the Unbelievers: Give respite to them gently (for awhile).

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
There is a saying in my mother's tongue,

"Dogs can only lick to drink water"... you can't change that. Likewise, some people out there we can't change them whatever we do. We can't win an argument with stupid people.

I'm sorry ukhti if I said anything wrong.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Sister, I don't even care anymore. Anger is something I've always had to deal with, even before Islam, and it would always anger me whenever someone made ignorant comments about something that they obviously knew nothing about. I always felt like I had to put them in their place and educate them on how foolish they were. Sometimes it worked, but most of the time I only made them more angry, and then I in turn would get more angry. It's a vicious cycle with a bad ending, dude. Take it from one who has been there.

I fell victim to my anger just the other day, and I have regretted it ever since. I am taking steps to deal with my anger issues and I have been praying about it as well.

If people want to be stupid, that's their problem. The world will eventually see how foolish they are.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

Why do they hate Muslims.

We are happy people. What I have in my heart you can not take from me.

Kill me and I know where I am going.

Sister...I keep thinking about the man with the dates. He threw his dates down and picked up his sword to meet Allah.

Think about that. Why do they hate Muslims. He is our brother in faith.

Nothing is going to stop me from my meeting with Allah. That is 100%. We are 100% sure.

aisha16

Thanks for all your thoughtful replies. From this point I will definetly try and stop paying attention to hate-spewed comments on Yahoo or any other site..it is endless and I won't spend any more of my time with that..hopefully, Insha'Allah. There's more important things to focus on than hate-mongers and a bunch of random people...

And I don't have much of an opinion on Al Shabab. I don't know much about the history or state that Somalia is in, and don't see the point in learning since the country is in ruins. Yet from what I now Al Shabab is a destructive force in Somalia and is doing nothing but creating more and more issues for my people. For instance, they consider there not be a drought at all...and label this whole ordeal as "propaganda." It's kind of sad. They preach on religion but know little to nothing about Islam.

Well anyways the whole subject of Somalia is just a saddening one...and Al Shabab doesn't brighten any things up for me....

But thanks again dear brothers and sisters, take care.

Perseveranze

They hate us for being the fastest growing faith in the world and at that, having the most reverts :)

It's just how it is unfortunatly. May Allah(swt) guide them to Islam.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
They hate us for being the fastest growing faith in the world and at that, having the most reverts :)

It's just how it is unfortunatly. May Allah(swt) guide them to Islam.

Don't forget the faith itself. Many people here in the secular West don't want to hear about religion. They would rather live as an atheist and have no accountability for their actions. Any mention of God or religion and they become angry and hostile.

Christianity is also looked down upon in the USA now. Not as much as Islam, but there it still a lot of hostility towards anyone who is open in practicing religion. We have become a secular atheist nation now...

ipanda

Actually, the problem is not with the comment givers but with Muslims. You can't deny the fact that some Muslims use the term Islam, Allah and Quran while they do evil things. How loud do we hear good things that exist because of Muslims every single day!? I am sorry but the fact of the matter is that the bad ones are far more vocal and active and the whole world knows them.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Actually, the problem is not with the comment givers but with Muslims. You can't deny the fact that some Muslims use the term Islam, Allah and Quran while they do evil things. How loud do we hear good things that exist because of Muslims every single day!? I am sorry but the fact of the matter is that the bad ones are far more vocal and active and the whole world knows them.

So if a non-Muslim chooses to remain in ignorance it's automatically the Muslim's fault?

Yes, there are Muslims who do bad things. They're known as Fasiq. However, that doesn't mean all Muslims are like that. Despite the fact that the fasiq ones are loud. Good and bad exist everywhere, in every single denomination. Why is it that when a Muslim does something bad he or she is automatically different that a Christian or a Jew who does something bad?

There are individuals who have veils over their hearts, as stated by the Quran. They will not choose to believe or accept no matter how blatantly the Truth is staring them in the face. They are akin to braying donkeys. They choose to live in ignorance. You can see it from their style of writing. You could present them with a million proofs and they wouldn't care.

Writing comments like the following are the fault of Muslims?

""We should nuke them!"

"We went into their country before and tried to help them but they didn't want our help. Who cares?"

and "ISLAM is Cancer."

"And the religion of peace strikes again. Why doesn't their God help them?"

If a person chooses not to go against the grain and think for themselves by LEARNING, it's not my problem. They want to be donkeys, they can go be donkeys.

It isn't the fault of Muslims that donkeys choose to bray. If a person wants to be consumed with hatred, they can drown in it.

And its NO ONE'S fault but their own.

esperanza

revert of many years
i can see both sides of this..yes sadly there are many muslims giving islam a bad name in the world,,,,but those against islam are so quick to brand islam as evil,even though christians might do similar or worse things,,,for sure they are scared of the growth of Islam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

:salam2:

As my opinion, they simply afraid us. Not because of some people whose use Islam as excuse when they make evil things but because some people afraid everything different. They express they fear as anger as they also afraid to show they afraid something.

Poor people; if they only would understand that we are the happiest people on the earth...

Perseveranze

As my opinion, they simply afraid us. Not because of some people whose use Islam as excuse when they make evil things but because some people afraid everything different. They express they fear as anger as they also afraid to show they afraid something.

Poor people; if they only would understand that we are the happiest people on the earth...

I do think bigotry has alot to do with it. Don't forget, before Islam, Blacks were the scape-goat.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I do think bigotry has alot to do with it. Don't forget, before Islam, Blacks were the scape-goat.

And in Europe - Jews. Before them gypsies. All of them something "different and unknown" than "others".

But what is reason for this bigothy? I think there might be more than just one reason.

A-believer-25

Yes, I notice the same thing as well! Everytime I read the comment sections on Youtube or Yahoo news articles I see mostly hate comments like those. And yes, they really anger me so, so much! I now avoid them, alhamduillah

May Allah (SWT) protect the Muslims from the devils among the Jinns and Mankind, ameen!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
There are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims. There are good Christians and there are bad Christians. I know several Christians that go to church every time the doors open, yet they still curse and use racial slurs against certain ethnic groups. I have even done these things myself in my past.

See, here's the thing, brothers and sisters: people fear what they don't understand. A lot of racial and religious intolerance is based on two things: fear and ignorance. The only solution is education. I myself am a good example of that. Until 6 months or so ago, I had a very typically Western view of Islam. I was afraid of it, and I thought it was "the Devil's Religion". Such is the attitude still of most of my friends and family.

I have always prided myself on being more enlightened than most people, and it was largely because of that and dissatisfaction in my own life that I took it upon myself to educate myself. I learned. I did this on my own. Nobody told me I had to. In fact, some people tried to talk me out of it. But I persisted, and eventually I went from fearing Islam to being curious, to wanting to learn more about it, to acceptance.

I am only one man. But there are others like me. Together maybe one day we can change the world...