Please Help Me Answer My Christian's Wife's Questions.

BigAk

Okay.... I think at this point, I would need to gather some literature regarding the history of our noble Qur'an and how it was gathered and documented. The data that brother m.r.sidiqui is very exciting to me.. I just would like to see if there's a reference I can show my wife. :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First of all I am a sister. Please forgive me for any pain I have caused. My intent is to help faciliate your needs. Often we Muslims become so excited with those who wish to revert that we fail to understand where the person is in their path. By loving responses all I am saying is we need to be careful with our words and not scare a person away.
We have to be rational and logical and patient. I pray you will forgive me.

As to the Bible:
>Actually, legend has it that at the Council of Nicea, Constantine was
>unsure of what else to include as a holy scripture (which later the batch
>became the Bible). He threw the batch that he was to choose from onto a
>table. Those that remained on the table were in, those that fell off were
>out.

There was much debate about the books of the Bible at the Council of Nicea. It is a known and documented fact that many books were omitted and those that were selected became the King James Version.

Once again..in no way or means am I attempting to hurt you or disrespect that which you love.

David Gould

Salaam,

Dear brother, the Bible was a complilation of books, none of the writers of the Gospels were the actual writers..i.e. Mark is not written by Mark...the Acts and Letters are by Paul..what is known as the Bible were books that were thrown on a table and remained on the table. The books that fell were rejected. I do not make this up.

The brother is asking for us to provide proof to help his wife understand the Truth. She is refusing the Truth. The Truth is in the Quran. We must pray that she sees the Truth. He is a strong man.

Just a small point to add here from a Christian perspective. Both the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apsotles were in fact written by Luke who was a scribe and were written to Theophilus...as attested to in the opening pre-amble of each book. The earliest gospel written was by Mark. Two things about Mark's gospel are that a) it was written entirely in the present tense and b)of all the gospels has the most number of 'eye witness' details...like the cushion in the boat being red and so forth. In the christian faith we tend to say that the gospels were 'ascribed to' rather that categorically written by a particular person. In other words there was an oral tradition that was passed down...which was the way that most information was transmitted in an age when few people could read.

I have been following this debate on how to convince a member's wife to revert very closely. The problem you have is that very few christians (appart from fundamental or evangelical ones say) actually treat the Bible as the litteral 'word of God' as you treat the Qur'an and the tramitted word of Allah via his Messenger (PBUH). Christians tend by and large to say that their faith is based upon "faith in God and His goodness" rather than proofs. I can see that that this makes your task a lot harder. I have always felt that the example of the effect of one's faith vissible in one's life is the most reliable way of convincing a person to revert. In other words if it can be seen that a person's Muslim faith has a possitive effect in the way that they behave then they are more likely to be taken notice of. If one takes the 99 names of Allah and meditates deeply upon them in order that some of those attributes become ones guide surely that is more likely to convince the waverer to revert...in my humble opinion that is.

I have to say that my personal study of the Qur'an and the examples of some very dear brothers and sisters (Muslim of course) has greatly enriched my own life of faith and prayer...it has also introduced me to aspects of God that sadly are missing in many churches. I hope that I will still be welcomed upon these sites to learn more about the Creator and how to serve Him.

For those that do not know me I lost my step daughter in the London Bombings and have sought ever since to learn more about Islam (peace).

Hello David,

May God bless you and your step daughter. My genuine condolences goes out to you and your family for the loss of your loved one.

I am in a bit of a rush, but I would sincerely like for you to watch these two powerful videos:

[vg]2061773048178434620[/vg]

[vg]1669658378154953060[/vg]

I'd like to also bring your attention to following passages of the Bible that is well worth looking into:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153168&postcount=124
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153172&postcount=127
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153171&postcount=126
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153173&postcount=128

Warmest Regards,

TheHumbleWun

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear David this family welcomes all. Please accept our sincere and ernest condolences. I do not know if I could have the courage to go on if I had to lose a child. Allah subhana talla tests us to the best of our faith. You are showing us how to have faith.

It is good that you pointed out that the Bible is open to review or better put literary criticism. Hermeneutics was not my major. Unlike the Holy Quran where there is record of each revelation the Bible has no records. Many of the Greek books were tossed outand there has been little explantion given to the laity of why the books were selected.

I am not a scholar. I have read all the books of faith and peeked into them. I found Islam to answer all my questions. Islam gave me peace and purpose. I must state that we are given proofs throughout the Holy Quran. And you are right we must meditate on the verses of the Holy Quran.

Forgive my ramblings...I do think this is turning into a wonderful post and there will be good.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
First Off.....

The Bible says that each person would pay the price for their own sins, not one person pay the price for anothers sins. So, Jesus dying on the Cross for the sins of mankind, is moot point. Also, the Bible says, to worship the CREATOR not the CREATED......Jesus is a created being. IF Jesus did in fact die on the cross, for mankinds sins, then there would be no need of the judgment, there would be nothing to judge. Someone else dying in place of anothers sins is satans clever way to working around the fact that each person is responsible for their own behaviors. Satan will work a religion so close to being right, that many people will believe it and follow it. To have your sins forgiven you MUST ASK for FORGIVENESS....and have a repentant heart.
So, did Jesus arise the 3rd day? No, the 2nd....the words have been played with over and over. Did Mary carry 100 pounds of anointing oil to put on Jesus? NOOOO it was healing herbs....try to rub that on a dead bloated rotting body.
If you read the Bible and take out the confusion, you will see a thread of reality...and it is shown in ISLAM....Another big lie of satan is the rapture, a truly fabricated story only 150 years old, but believed by all.....IT IS APPOINTED FOR ALL TO DIE ONCE, then the JUDGMENT....if they get taken to heaven.....when do they then die?? The rapture is supposed to keep them from dying.....satans biggest lie....."you shall not surely die" You see, in modern day Christianity, there is so many lies, and re making to suit needs. Take out all the fluff, and you find truth. There is no mystery. We are all born to die, what we do in between, will decide what we live in the hereafter. There is no one to take that upon themselves for you...Allah does not need to send someone to die in your place. You are still gonna die. Allah will forgive and not kill an innocent person for you. So keep on the straight path.......and keep thinking but don't get confused, satan is the author of confusion.

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Salam Alaikum wa Rahmatu' Allah,

My wife was born into a Christianity. Although she had gone to a Christian school all her life, she has trouble accepting "Organized religions" (as she calls them) including Islam. We have had discussions before which concluded her belief in One God. I feel this is a good start as it's a lot closer to Islam than Christianity. However, every time we discuss religion, she asks me questions that I can't answer with my limited knowledge.

I humbly come to you in this community seeking your help and knowledge.

I have currently started reading the book "What did Jesus Really Say" by Mish'al Ibn Abdallah. I am finding the book extremely interesting as it goes on tackling the verses in the bible one by one. I am hoping through this thread to be able to ask her questions and learn from those with greator knowledge than me.

Our latest discussion, she has asked me about the crucifiction and the details of what happened. Now we all know in our Qur'an what happened. As a muslim believing in Allah's word, I accept it and go on with my life. However, the issue becomes pretty complex when my wife starts asking questions wanting me to prove that Jesus (PBU) did not actually die on the cross and that Allah has risen him to Him before the Jews go to him.

I have run into the debate between Ahmad Deedat and Josh McDowell and read the entire debate.

To be honest it was a bit complex for me to understand since I had no prior background in the bible and what Jesus actually said or not said. I was also hoping to draw from it some (black and white) proof, but I could not. They both presented their ideas in a very convincing way (meaning if you were a muslim, Ahamd Deedat made sense, but if you were Christian, McDowell presented verses from the bible demonstrating what Jesus's words supported his death on the cross). Other words, I could not find a definite win that I could take to my wife and say "Here's the proof.... Look."

From a muslim prespective, it's easy to discredit McDowell's argument since he's relying on a bible that has been modified and changed that there's no telling what Jesus has said. But, from a Christian prepective it's very hard to believe in Deedat's claims because the Bible claimed some verses that Jesus said that would support his death in the cross.

In the debate Deedat quoted verses from the bible that support his claim and kept saying "read your gosple." He made sense. But, McDowell comes back with other verses that Jesus said that support his death. For example:

Mr. Deedat says "I can have this case dismissed TWICE in two minutes in any court of law in any civilized country. I said twice because one of the testators in the Gospel of St. Mark, chapter 14, verse 50, tells us that at the most critical juncture in the life of Jesus, all His disciples forsook Him, and fled. ALL. If they were not there, the testimony of those who were not there to witness what happened will be thrown out of court."

Then McDowell comes back saying " The people who say that will often appeal to Mark 14:50. They say that within two minutes they could dismiss the argument because Jesus' followers all left Him and fled. So therefore, everything was hearsay. Men and women. this line of reasoning ignores common sense in the facts of the case. For example, read just the next four verses. It says this: "And Peter followed Him." You see, they left Him in a group, but they came back individually - immediately, Mr. Deedat.

Verse 4 says: "And Peter followed Him at a distance." He went right into the courtyard of the high priest. And he was sitting there with the officer. Can you imagine? With the officers, and warming himself. In Mark 14, it says, "And Peter was below, in the courtyard." Men and women, if you have studied the Scriptures, you'll realize that Mark, in his gospel, was writing down all the eyewitness accounts of Peter. Peter was right there. Then we go to John 18, verse 15: "And Simon Peter was following Jesus, and so was another disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest and entered with Jesus into the court of the high priest." John 19:26, "When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, 'Woman, behold your son.' " They were eyewitnesses. They were there. "

So.. It seems like McDowell was coming back with proof from the bible which one can have a hard time disputing with a Christian believer. This becomes especially hard when McDowell comes back with Jesus saying verses like the following:

" " The first fact I found is that Jesus was not afraid to die. In fact, He predicted His own death and resurrection. He said, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem." He said to His disciples, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered up to the death. And they will deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to whip and to crucify Him. And on the third day He will be raised up" (paraphrased from Matthew 17:22-23).

In another place He began to teach them that He had discovered many things. And then He said He'd be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, He would be killed, and He added that after three days, He was to rise again (Matthew 20:18, 19).

In Matthew 17, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him, and He will be raised again on the third day." "

"Jesus said in John 10: "The Father loves Me because I lay down My life that I may take it up again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative." "

"The third fact that I learned is that the Jews were not guilty of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I was very surprised. Mr. Deedat, that you needed to be the defender of the Jews. There are Muslims and Christians that have gotten that distorted all through history. Jesus said in Matthew 20. verses 18 and 19, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and they will condemn Me to death. and will deliver Me over to the Gentiles, to mock and whip and crucify Me." Jesus said, "I lay down My life." If anyone was guilty, Jesus was. He said, "I have the power to lay it down, I have the power to take it up.""

It seems to me that Deedat was conveying that Jesus was indeed on the cross but he survived and didn't die?? Did I missunderstand something??

Also, the question becomes, how could one argue with a Christian; these verses by Jesus?? Are they written in Red Ink in the bible??

See how hard this is for me?? How can I logically prove or disprove the details of the crucifiction to my wife?? What happened to the man that was actually crucified?? Where did he disappear??

Any help is truely appreciated .. Jazakum Allah khairan.. Wa al salam alaikum.

salam alikum brother i post this thread for u :hijabi:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=233837#post233837

Almeftah

Already Dead?? Where is this mentioned brother?

I'm just saying:
According to what is said to be written in the bible and what christian's claime to have happened, Jesus [as] was crucified and killed by his own people.

If that was true and it was written in the bible, then they must'v read it.

So why did they kill him even though they found it written in that book?!..

And why would they kill him if they believed he's the son of God?!,

And why would they warship him as a God after killing him!!

Do they actually believe a God can die or let people crucify him?! If so how can he be a God???

Doesn't make any sense.

(4:157) And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Īsā (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) A.S.]:

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
My impression was that INJEEL is the arabic word used bible... They both refer to the same.. Do I have this wrong??

Assalamualikum brother,

INJEEL is the arabic word for GOSPEL; not Bible...

But please remember INJEEL in the Quran does not mean the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...rather it means the INJEEL which was given to Jesus (peace be upon him)...

Even Jesus (pbuh) says in Matthew 28:18 "Go and preach the Gospel"... here he definitely did not mean the 4 gospels...but rather his own gospel.

Hope this clarifies...

shichemlydia

help.....

salam alikoum,
first we ask allah swt for hydaya for your wife, ameen,
the message of allah has all the time been the same, what happened to the bible is corruption, one god , one religion and people came and change it to fit their desires and interests, if your read the following verses of the bible, you will say, look, it is islam there.....

“‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” (Mark 12:28-30).

“‘Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.’” (Mark 12:32).

“If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17, also see Mark 10:19).

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3).

According to Isaiah 43:11, God said: “I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.”

“By myself I can do nothing...” (John 5:30).

”But I tell you the truth, It is better for you that I should go away; for if I do not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I should go, I will send him to you. And when he is come, he will rebuke the world concerning sin, concerning righteousness, and concerning Judgment. Concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; Concerning righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you will not see me again; Concerning judgment, because the leader of this world has been judged. Again, I have many other things to tell you, but you cannot grasp them now. But when the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all the truth: for he will not speak from himself, but what he hears, that he will speak: and he will make known to you things which are to come in the future. He will glorify me; because he will take of my own and show to you. Everything that my Father has is mine; this is the reason why I told you that he will take of my own and show to you”. John 16:7-13

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Salam Alaikum wa Rahmatu' Allah,

My wife was born into a Christianity. Although she had gone to a Christian school all her life, she has trouble accepting "Organized religions" (as she calls them) including Islam. We have had discussions before which concluded her belief in One God. I feel this is a good start as it's a lot closer to Islam than Christianity. However, every time we discuss religion, she asks me questions that I can't answer with my limited knowledge.

I humbly come to you in this community seeking your help and knowledge.

I have currently started reading the book "What did Jesus Really Say" by Mish'al Ibn Abdallah. I am finding the book extremely interesting as it goes on tackling the verses in the bible one by one. I am hoping through this thread to be able to ask her questions and learn from those with greator knowledge than me.

Our latest discussion, she has asked me about the crucifiction and the details of what happened. Now we all know in our Qur'an what happened. As a muslim believing in Allah's word, I accept it and go on with my life. However, the issue becomes pretty complex when my wife starts asking questions wanting me to prove that Jesus (PBU) did not actually die on the cross and that Allah has risen him to Him before the Jews go to him.

I have run into the debate between Ahmad Deedat and Josh McDowell and read the entire debate.

To be honest it was a bit complex for me to understand since I had no prior background in the bible and what Jesus actually said or not said. I was also hoping to draw from it some (black and white) proof, but I could not. They both presented their ideas in a very convincing way (meaning if you were a muslim, Ahamd Deedat made sense, but if you were Christian, McDowell presented verses from the bible demonstrating what Jesus's words supported his death on the cross). Other words, I could not find a definite win that I could take to my wife and say "Here's the proof.... Look."

From a muslim prespective, it's easy to discredit McDowell's argument since he's relying on a bible that has been modified and changed that there's no telling what Jesus has said. But, from a Christian prepective it's very hard to believe in Deedat's claims because the Bible claimed some verses that Jesus said that would support his death in the cross.

In the debate Deedat quoted verses from the bible that support his claim and kept saying "read your gosple." He made sense. But, McDowell comes back with other verses that Jesus said that support his death. For example:

Mr. Deedat says "I can have this case dismissed TWICE in two minutes in any court of law in any civilized country. I said twice because one of the testators in the Gospel of St. Mark, chapter 14, verse 50, tells us that at the most critical juncture in the life of Jesus, all His disciples forsook Him, and fled. ALL. If they were not there, the testimony of those who were not there to witness what happened will be thrown out of court."

Then McDowell comes back saying " The people who say that will often appeal to Mark 14:50. They say that within two minutes they could dismiss the argument because Jesus' followers all left Him and fled. So therefore, everything was hearsay. Men and women. this line of reasoning ignores common sense in the facts of the case. For example, read just the next four verses. It says this: "And Peter followed Him." You see, they left Him in a group, but they came back individually - immediately, Mr. Deedat.

Verse 4 says: "And Peter followed Him at a distance." He went right into the courtyard of the high priest. And he was sitting there with the officer. Can you imagine? With the officers, and warming himself. In Mark 14, it says, "And Peter was below, in the courtyard." Men and women, if you have studied the Scriptures, you'll realize that Mark, in his gospel, was writing down all the eyewitness accounts of Peter. Peter was right there. Then we go to John 18, verse 15: "And Simon Peter was following Jesus, and so was another disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest and entered with Jesus into the court of the high priest." John 19:26, "When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, 'Woman, behold your son.' " They were eyewitnesses. They were there. "

So.. It seems like McDowell was coming back with proof from the bible which one can have a hard time disputing with a Christian believer. This becomes especially hard when McDowell comes back with Jesus saying verses like the following:

" " The first fact I found is that Jesus was not afraid to die. In fact, He predicted His own death and resurrection. He said, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem." He said to His disciples, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered up to the death. And they will deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to whip and to crucify Him. And on the third day He will be raised up" (paraphrased from Matthew 17:22-23).

In another place He began to teach them that He had discovered many things. And then He said He'd be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, He would be killed, and He added that after three days, He was to rise again (Matthew 20:18, 19).

In Matthew 17, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him, and He will be raised again on the third day." "

"Jesus said in John 10: "The Father loves Me because I lay down My life that I may take it up again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative." "

"The third fact that I learned is that the Jews were not guilty of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I was very surprised. Mr. Deedat, that you needed to be the defender of the Jews. There are Muslims and Christians that have gotten that distorted all through history. Jesus said in Matthew 20. verses 18 and 19, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and they will condemn Me to death. and will deliver Me over to the Gentiles, to mock and whip and crucify Me." Jesus said, "I lay down My life." If anyone was guilty, Jesus was. He said, "I have the power to lay it down, I have the power to take it up.""

It seems to me that Deedat was conveying that Jesus was indeed on the cross but he survived and didn't die?? Did I missunderstand something??

Also, the question becomes, how could one argue with a Christian; these verses by Jesus?? Are they written in Red Ink in the bible??

See how hard this is for me?? How can I logically prove or disprove the details of the crucifiction to my wife?? What happened to the man that was actually crucified?? Where did he disappear??

Any help is truely appreciated .. Jazakum Allah khairan.. Wa al salam alaikum.

Salam Alaikum Brother

I will post a link to a thread I started with the video for Ahmed Deedats lecture about the Crucifiction or Crucifixion? I watched the entire video and it also has Christains asking questions towards the end. In he video he uses text in the bible to dispute the Crucifixion. In the video he does not discuss details of the Quran. I believe he does this this to prove to them in their book it did not happen verses using Quran since they do not believe that. In any event it is a good lecture but worth watching.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37710

Salam Amirah80

Mairo

Maryama
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.r.sidiqui
ANSWER TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS THAT WHEN THE QURAN WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD PBUH JABRIAL PBUH USED TO MAKE MUHAMMAD PBUH MEMORIZED THE AYAH THAN MUHAMMAD PBUH WOULD MAKE HIS COMPANION TO MEMORIZED IT AND THAN THERE WERE NEAR ABOUT 24 (KHATIB IN WAHI) MEAN WRITER OF REVEALED SO MUHAMMAD PBUH DIRECT THEM TO WRITE THE QURAN ON TREE TRUNKS , LEATHERS, BOANS OF ANIMALS ETC, THAN HE PBUH WOULS ORDER THEM TO READ OF WHAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN AND IF THERE WOULD BE ANY MISTAKES THAN HE PBUH WOULD CORRECT IT AT THAT TIME.THAT MEANS THAT QURAN WAS WRITTEN AT THAT TIME ONLY IN FRONT OF NABI PBUH. YOU COULD FIND THESE REFERENCE IN SAHIH HADITH OF SAHIH AL BUKHARI, MUSLIM SHARIF NAD MANY OTHER.( SAHIH HADITH IS THE SECOND MOST TRUSTABLE BOOK AFTER QORAN)

ANSWER TO UR SECOND QUESTION WHICH I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN.

MANY WERE KHATIBIN WAHI WIHICH I MENTIONED ABOVE IN WHICH I CAN GIVE SOME OF THE NAMES LIKE AMIR MAUVIA RAZ, TALHA ETC.

WISH THAT COULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM REGARDING ANY OTHER THING IF YOU WANT FROM MY NOTE MAIL INSHALLAH I WILL TRY TO CLEAR IT.MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW QURAN WAS WRITTEN IN THAT TIME IN FRONT OF MUHAMMAD PBUH. FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE I WANT SHARE ONE MORE THING IS THAT QURAN WASS WRITTEN IN THAT TIME NOT COMPILED IN BOOK, IT WAS DONT IN TIME OF ABU BAKR RAZ, AND THE BOOK WENT TILL UMAR RAZ AND AT THE TIME USMAN RAZ 4 BOOKS WERE WRITTEN MEANS QURAN WAS WRITTEN IN THE GUARDIANSHIP OF NEAR ABOUT 100 SAHABAS, AND GLORIFY ALLAH SWT TILL DATE ONE OF THE BOOK YOU COULD FIND IN GERMANY, TURKEY.SUBHANALLAH.

THANKS

Wow... Ma sha'Allah... This is the kind of information I need .. Thank you m.r.sidiqui... I had no idea and i've been a muslim all my life.

Could you please recommend some books that talks about the above please? The history of our Quran and how it was gathered and written?? I would really appreciate it.

Wow... The fact that an original book resides in Germany and Turkey is very exciting to me.. Is there any more information on that please... This is one of the questions my wife has asked me... Where is an original....

Jazak Allah khairan... :)

Asalaamu aleikum brother,

You may find this information interesting and helpful as well for addressing some of your wife's questions about this topic:

Originally Posted by moonnah:
But Humans are human; how can one belive w/o question that the Quran is whole and untouched?

Originally Posted by ShyHijabi:
The methods of relay of the Quran are unique compared to the Bible. There is a term in Islam, a hafiz, someone who has memorized the entire Quran word for word. You could line these people up and have them recite and they will say the same thing word for word. This is how it was when the Quran was first revealed and it is still how it maintains it's purity.

The first companions were hafiz and therefore if any error were made on recitation it would be corrected immediately by the rest of the hafiz. There are mahy hafiz today and no matter what country they live in if you put them side by side they would recite the same, if an error were made it would be corrected immediately by other hafiz. Pretty cool, huh?
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=217204#post217204

I will make dua for you and your wife! May Allah reward you both for your sincere search for knowledge and understanding.

Mairo

Maryama
I have to say that my personal study of the Qur'an and the examples of some very dear brothers and sisters (Muslim of course) has greatly enriched my own life of faith and prayer...it has also introduced me to aspects of God that sadly are missing in many churches. I hope that I will still be welcomed upon these sites to learn more about the Creator and how to serve Him.

For those that do not know me I lost my step daughter in the London Bombings and have sought ever since to learn more about Islam (peace).

Salaam David,
I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to you and let you know that your presence here is very much appreciated! I hope you will continue to learn and contribute from your knowlegable perspective.

My sincere condolences for the loss of your daughter. I appreciate very much that you have remained so open minded, and also appreciate the respect you have shown towards Islam and Muslims, despite the pain you have suffered. Your kindness and generousity of spirit is very touching.

Best wishes to you.

BinDre

Bored
G-d doesn't allow human sacrifice (Abraham/Isaac on Mt. Moriah, he was stopped before he killed his son because human sacrifice is not allowed) so that entire Jesus died for our sins argument goes straight out the window

BigAk

Salaam,

First of all I am a sister. Please forgive me for any pain I have caused. My intent is to help faciliate your needs. Often we Muslims become so excited with those who wish to revert that we fail to understand where the person is in their path. By loving responses all I am saying is we need to be careful with our words and not scare a person away.
We have to be rational and logical and patient. I pray you will forgive me.

As to the Bible:
>Actually, legend has it that at the Council of Nicea, Constantine was
>unsure of what else to include as a holy scripture (which later the batch
>became the Bible). He threw the batch that he was to choose from onto a
>table. Those that remained on the table were in, those that fell off were
>out.

There was much debate about the books of the Bible at the Council of Nicea. It is a known and documented fact that many books were omitted and those that were selected became the King James Version.

Once again..in no way or means am I attempting to hurt you or disrespect that which you love.

No problem sister mirajmom.... :D I feel much better reading your post .. I knew it was a misunderstanding.... Yes.. we need to be very loving in this thread as I may expose her to it at some point.

As far as the incident of the Council of Nicea, I don't think we can hold any value to it as it is as claimed in the quote "Legend has it"... I don't grab onto just anything written on the internet. The facts I'm looking for need to be concrete.

I do appreciate all your help and attention and look forward to reading your posts. :shake:

BigAk

I have been following this debate on how to convince a member's wife to revert very closely. The problem you have is that very few christians (appart from fundamental or evangelical ones say) actually treat the Bible as the litteral 'word of God' as you treat the Qur'an and the tramitted word of Allah via his Messenger (PBUH). Christians tend by and large to say that their faith is based upon "faith in God and His goodness" rather than proofs. I can see that that this makes your task a lot harder. I have always felt that the example of the effect of one's faith vissible in one's life is the most reliable way of convincing a person to revert. In other words if it can be seen that a person's Muslim faith has a possitive effect in the way that they behave then they are more likely to be taken notice of. If one takes the 99 names of Allah and meditates deeply upon them in order that some of those attributes become ones guide surely that is more likely to convince the waverer to revert...in my humble opinion that is.

Hello David.. I am glad that you have joined us... Welcome.

Regarding to what I highlighted in red: In your bible you're ordered to use your minds and draw logic.. and not only relay solely on faith.. Read:

“‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” (Mark 12:28-30).

I am deeply sorry for your family loss. May Allah grant you the patience and wisdom to deal with this life's catastrophe.

BigAk

So, did Jesus arise the 3rd day? No, the 2nd....the words have been played with over and over. Did Mary carry 100 pounds of anointing oil to put on Jesus? NOOOO it was healing herbs....try to rub that on a dead bloated rotting body.

Could you expand on this one for me please Aleahkoto??
Jazak Allah Khairan

BigAk

Another big lie of satan is the rapture, a truly fabricated story only 150 years old, but believed by all.....IT IS APPOINTED FOR ALL TO DIE ONCE, then the JUDGMENT....if they get taken to heaven.....when do they then die?? The rapture is supposed to keep them from dying.....satans biggest lie....."you shall not surely die" You see, in modern day Christianity, there is so many lies, and re making to suit needs.

Could you please expand on this one too brother??? I appreciate all your help :D

BigAk

(4:157) And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Īsā (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) A.S.]:

I am not sure the word "shubiha lahom" means what you've expanded in red above.. It may not necessarily mean that another man was inserted in Jesus's place. I am currently reading Ahmad's Deedat's book (Crucifixion Or Cruci-Fiction) ---> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2210&highlight=crucifiction

He's proving (using the bible) that Jesus was indeed the one who was on the cross, but he did not die, but it looked to his enemy like he had died. So, maybe that's what "shubbiha lahum" means... wa'Allah a'alam.

Is there anywhere in Islam a proof that another man was inserted in place of Jesus on the cross??

I think the responsibility lies on every muslim's shoulder to be careful in translating the Qur'an and to not stray away from the true meaning intended by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala...