Question: Was revolting against Gaddafi legitimate according to Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Sister, I am not defending the act. If you have read carefully the first post you should understand that I want an analysis on this subject through the Islamic Perspective. You can not call any muslim a kaafir, if he is a murderer or oppressor. There are numerous fatwas on that and plenty of reports and journals. So, I want to know what is the main reason behind making takfir against Gaddafi. Let me clear myself again that do not mistake me defending Gaddafi here, as I have not yet produced my view on the subject at all. All I want is information on his takfir. Allah knows Best.

esperanza

revert of many years
Salams Brother yes it is legitimate for the Libyan people t rise against Gaddafi, our Shk, Sadek Gariani who is Libyan and lives in Libya gave the fatwa after Gaddafi sent in Mercenaries to kill his own people and Gaddafi himself has stated that he is not the leader of his people only the leader of the Fata reveloution, as his Green book states that the people rule themselves.
Gaddafi also has Jewish background, dont know why some one said he is Shia.
There is a lot of evidence of this crimes against his own people, I have lived in Libya for 23 years now and first hand experiance of his crimes here in Libya, too many to write about and not enough to time.
Our Shk. told the people to make jihad on him and that is what most of the Libyan youth and elders done , of course there will be a lot of people with other intentions but for us, we all relyed on Allah ta'laa to give us the strength and courage to fight this holy war.
Alhamulilah it is nearly over, as Gaddafi is still out there and while he is alive he can still make lot of fitna, I have many, many stories of what went on through these last 6 months and its incrediable that another human being could treat another human , man, woman and child the way Gaddafis Kitaab treated them . Some people call them animals but even animals would do the crimes they did.
My husband and son where fighting on the front line in Misrata from the end of march, I left Tripoli in June ad went to take care of them with my other 2 sons, my eldset stayed in Tripoli to join the uprising there. When this happened my husband and 2 sons went to Tripoli to free it,
alhamdulilah we all survived but many many people did not,
please continue making duaa for our brothers and sister for help and guidance in these very differcult times.
your sister
Um Mustafa

dear sister..my thoughts and prayers are with you ,your family and all people of libya... iwas so happy to see the Eid prayer in the free green square,,,may Allah make the : next days and hours easier until all of libya is free inshalla

:tti_sister:

a_stranger

Yes brother , I understand , the situation is very sensitive, we as muslems should avoid saying kaffer as much as we can ............. I pray that Allah guide us all to return to the true Islam and I pray that all muslem government read about the wisdom and mercy of our prophet sale Allah alhi wa sallam and make him as example.
:wasalam:

sclavus

In August of 2011, after all what happened, you still don't know whether or not it's evil to rebel against the rulers, Muslims or otherwise. You still don't get it, do you?! All what happened and still happens in the Muslim countries isn't enough for you, is it?!

30 000 Muslim people at least had died in Libya, did you know that?! Had Kaddafi killed a similar number of people through the years of his leadership? Do you know how many of your Muslim sisters have been raped in Libya? You don't give a damn, don't you?! After all their must be sacrifice. It's just another movie, isn't it?!

You watch what happens to your brothers like you're watching a movie. You don't have hearts, your minds are anesthetized, you don't feel anymore. You're dumb as rocks, that's what you are. It must happen to you, your family, your people. You have to smell the blood of your own brothers and sisters to wake up to your stupidity. You must achieve chaos in your own land to be able to understand.

Had the media told you the universal reality of all revolutions? They told you and taught you what they wanted you to believe because they are in a mission, they don't pay millions of dollars every year so that us ignorant Muslims would know the truth and do what is best for us. They taught you their agenda, that's it. And you learned it full well, bravo!

If you want to know the truth of the matters and use your remaining hours in gaining reward and knowledge: Do not watch TV, do not google, do not wiki. Just take steps to seriously learn your religion, learn the meanings of your Book and the tradition of your Prophet. That'll save you.

If you think you're already awakened then you're not concerned by this post. If you feel you're targeted, do not reply. Instead, stop what you're doing and start doing what's better. If you do reply, it'll be your mea culpa.

Salaam.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
In August of 2011, after all what happened, you still don't know whether or not it's evil to rebel against the rulers, Muslims or otherwise. You still don't get it, do you?! All what happened and still happens in the Muslim countries isn't enough for you, is it?!

30 000 Muslim people at least had died in Libya, did you know that?! Had Kaddafi killed a similar number of people through the years of his leadership? Do you know how many of your Muslim sisters have been raped in Libya? You don't give a damn, don't you?! After all their must be sacrifice. It's just another movie, isn't it?!

You watch what happens to your brothers like you're watching a movie. You don't have hearts, your minds are anesthetized, you don't feel anymore. You're dumb as rocks, that's what you are. It must happen to you, your family, your people. You have to smell the blood of your own brothers and sisters to wake up to your stupidity. You must achieve chaos in your own land to be able to understand.

Had the media told you the universal reality of all revolutions? They told you and taught you what they wanted you to believe because they are in a mission, they don't pay millions of dollars every year so that us ignorant Muslims would know the truth and do what is best for us. They taught you their agenda, that's it. And you learned it full well, bravo!

If you want to know the truth of the matters and use your remaining hours in gaining reward and knowledge: Do not watch TV, do not google, do not wiki. Just take steps to seriously learn your religion, learn the meanings of your Book and the tradition of your Prophet. That'll save you.

If you think you're already awakened then you're not concerned by this post. If you feel you're targeted, do not reply. Instead, stop what you're doing and start doing what's better. If you do reply, it'll be your mea culpa.

Salaam.

I undertand your feeling, but you are just making assumptions.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First, let me welcome you to TTI.

We are in the process of learning. It is like taking the layers of the skin of onions. We are trying to lift the veil of ignorance. So brother, be kind and share your knowledge with us. We are all here to learn and improve our faith.

sclavus

Ma-cha-Allah, okti-fi-Lleh. May the Almighty guide our steps to the true knowledge of His Religion and preserve us from tribulation.

I wrote that harsh post to the revolutionaries who struggle to bring about chaos in the Muslim countries, they are dangerous.

Salam.

sclavus

Well, nothing special.

Revolutionaries believe the only way to change things is to change leadership. Leaders don't want to let revolutionaries rule. Revolutionaries get angry and destroy everything they possibly can, thinking they're performing holy war and that includes killing their own brothers in faith. It's OK, they're instantly made disbelievers and the problem is solved. But at the end of the show, people whom nobody knows of take leadership and put revolutionaries to rest. And only coincidentally they carry the same ideology of the former rulers. And just by chance, that ideology is Democracy.

But revolutionaries are so dumb they will never understand. Too much TV had destroyed their ability to think and learn from experience. Even the hard way of understanding wont work for them. They'll never stop rioting, jumping and screaming. They say: 'It doesn't matter what you do, just participate!'

They always thought that the only problem of Muslim countries is the leaders, the regimes. They always thought that the masses want Islamic law, they always thought they can destroy the west by stopping oil exploitation.

They see every day that they are wrong but they keep on doing the same stupid things, repeating the same silly stuff, over and over and over.

This is my perspective, sister.

Salaam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You are not alone in your views. Keep in mind there has been a lot of money and planning to keep the turmoil going.

There is no implementation of Sharia. What we see is a hodgepodge of mixed values. You can not put old wine with new wine it turns to vinegar. ( sorry, couldn't find better metaphor).

The bottomline in the craziness is money.

Muslims are young for some reason. And young Muslim men have no role models. They are confused about their roles.

We need to listen to what the Islamic solution to crisis are. We need to educate ourselves and protect ourselves from those that wish evil upon Muslims.

It really comes down to are you going Muslim or are you going nation.

daud

goodly tree
if i am not mistaken. gaddafi called him self king of kings. this title only belongs to allah alone. look it up from ahadiths! apart from this, i dont know what else to say. agaians him.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

If this thread was to be more general, I would say what makes it obligatory on people to rebel against the ruler and be not amongst the khawarij. And I guess if the leader is declared to be a kaafir. So, what made Gaddafi a kaafir?

sclavus

If the ruler is a Muslim, it's not legitimate to rebel against him. Consensus.

So what do they do, they prove his apostasy and boom! Suddenly it becomes legitimate to rebel. Not only legitimate but duty. That should involve the majority of the people because of their deep ignorance.

Is it legitimate to rebel against an apostate ruler?

The scholars say, it depends. If the Muslims are strong and they think that rebelling is inevitable because their unity and existence is endangered, then they might rebel. If on the contrary, Muslims are weak and segregated and on the other hand the ruler is not in the process of mass murdering the Muslim population for example, and he's letting them preach and disseminate the true message, the scholars say that accepting this apostate ruler is less painful than rebelling against him because Muslims are gonna lose a lot more if they rebel.

So to my understanding, whether Kaddafi is Muslim or otherwise isn't the only factor to consider. It's super obvious that the masses have been manipulated to overthrow the regime for the benefit of God knows who...And surely not to establish Islamic sharia.

And Allah knows best.

Shak78

If it is not legitimate to rebel against a Muslim leader no matter how oppressive they are, then should they continue to deal with rape, murder, oppression ect simply because the ruler is Muslim?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There are lessons from the hadeeth that need to be discussed. We need to go back to what did the Prophet say and do. All else is speculation.
What does the Quran tell us.

This discussion should focus on the the original question and discussion should be limited to what is the Islamic answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.