Questionnnnnn

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

LoL okayyy here's ANOTHER question. LoL, im not doiong this on purpose, its just that soo many questions are racing in my mind today. okayyy, I recently got a youtube account because I saw a lady that commented a islamic video that if someone can prove to her islam is the true relgion, she might think of converting. SOOOOOOO, my DREAMMMM was to make someone convert (well obviously not me, its all by ALLAH). SOOOOO I sent her a private massage asking her is she was still thinking of converting and shes like no, maybe not because no one could prove to her islam is the truth (I COULD!!!!!) And then...authoobillah, she began cursing our beloved Prophet (SAW)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angryred::angryred::angryred: I WANNA KILL HER NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! And i heard a hadith that whoever speaks bad about the Prophet (SAW) there punishment is DEATH!!!! AND THIS HADITH IS SAHIH!!! I'll try finding it if i can inshALLAH. Anywayzzzz, I was soooooooo mad but then I'm like no I should explain to her this is not true and PROVE to her why islam is the truth. Anywayzzz, so its like my dream to make someone convert (again its all by ALLAH) but the thing is........

MY PARENTS DONT WANT ME TO BE SO RELIGIOUS AND GO SOO FAR!!!! OHHHH I REALLY WANNA HELP HER BUT IF MY PARENTS FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS, THEY WILL NEVER FORGIVE ME!!! So, should I obey my parents or continue what I'm doing because its something VERY good. And I'm sure that at the end, like when I'm older, if I tell them that I made someone convert, they will be very proud, but not now because they think im still too young. Well, im obviously not going to tell them that because I dont wanna be a show-off, like i am now, lool. uhhhh i didnt want to let anyone know about this but i really need to know whether im doing something wrong by not letting my parents know. Though, i dont think they will be THAT mad because, after all, its a very good thing, but i dont wanna tell my parents, or anyone but I need help from my brothers and sisters here. my god, I feel more comfortable with thiss tti family more than my own, lol. anywayzz, my question is (LoL), can I continue with what im doing or just forget about it? plzzzz helpme and if you think my question has no use, then just say something kind, lool, to make me feel better because I feel sooo baddddd. :(

thnx wasalamz

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum dear sister,

Your wish of helping someone to revert to Islam is certainly appreciative and genuine. I would suggest you to involve in "Dawah by Example (DBE)". This is the dawah we give to others (Muslims and non-Muslims) by our actions instead of words. There would be people around your sorrounding "who would not perfrom their prayers regularly", "do not cover themselves properly", "are not obedient to their parents", "are not at the best of their behaviour", are not concious of Allah SWT all the time", "involve in ghibah or other useless discussions", "listen to music", OR "are not Muslims". All of these people do need dawah. Dear sister your actions and your character can be examplary for them. You can change their thoughts and behaviour by your actions without saying even a single word. I do not mean of course that you should have beautiful character of a muslimah to show off. What I am trying to say is that you (all of us in fact) should always keep on trying to gain knowledge and implement on yourself ...always strive hard towards that. Then Allah will insha Allah put barakah and "This young Beautiful" muslimah will become a beautiful example for others and they will insha Allah try to follow you and will revert back to correct actions and fitrah (nature).

:wasalam:

BigAk

How old are you ??

It sounds like the person you're teaching Islam is an arrogant individual and not willing to learn... Most often it is futile to continue with such people, and it could be counter productive. If this is the case, I urge you not to keep going with this person and move on to someone else.

May Allah help you and lead you to the right path.

zainab bala

Allah is sufficient.
Insaha Allah, keep doing your best, our duty is to call or invite people to Islam, it is only Allah that can guide them by making them accept the true religion of Islam.
Jazakallah khairan.

abu'muhammad

may Allah accept your effort. Allah guides whom He wills.

[SIZE=+1]And We indeed sent down clear verses; and Allah may guide whomever He wills to the Straight Path.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
[Noor 24:46][/SIZE]

Proclaim, "Obey Allah and obey the Noble Messenger; so if you turn away, then the Noble Messenger is bound only for what is obligatory upon him, and upon you is the duty placed upon you"; and if you obey the Noble Messenger, you will attain guidance; and the Noble Messenger is not liable except to plainly convey.
[Noor 24:54]

As the person is ignorant about Islam he/she will not accept as we think to be accepted. evidences and proofs need to be given. writing of scholars will help - inshaAllah. our discussion could be overruled because sometimes its not backed with solid knowledge. such discussion are generally debates because person from other belief will not leave his/her belief that easy and would leave it only if Allah wills betterment for them.

the scholars have taken reference from quran and sunnah on : how to dawah others. so please refer those writings and take base of that. solely what we say is not accepted as true even if its true.

anywayzz, my question is (LoL), can I continue with what im doing or just forget about it? plzzzz helpme and if you think my question has no use, then just say something kind, lool, to make me feel better because I feel sooo baddddd. :(
thnx wasalamz

While all the messengers appointed by Allaah were charged by Him with the responsibility to disseminate the revealed guidance with which they were entrusted, their respective nations too, were called upon to share in the fulfilment of Allaah’s orders. Allaah reminds us in the Holy Quran with (what means): “And [mention, O Muhammad], when Allaah took a covenant from those who were given the Scripture, [saying]: 'You must make it clear [i.e., explain it] to the people and not conceal it.'…” [Quran: 3:187]

The position of the Muslim Ummah (nation), in this respect, is clear in the Quran, where Allaah states (what means): “You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong…” [Quran: 3:110]

Thus, Allaah Almighty has honoured this Muslim Ummah by appointing it to share in the noble cause of its Prophet
icon--1.gif
by inviting people to follow the straight path. The Quran further stresses (what means): “The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong…” [Quran: 9:71] while: “The hypocrite men and hypocrite women are of one another. They enjoin what is wrong and forbid what is right…” [Quran: 9:71]

Hence, the truth emerges clearly that to enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong constitutes a fundamental difference between a believer and a hypocrite, who pretends to be a believer when he is quite the reverse. Consequently, all members of the Muslim Ummah, men and women alike, are individually responsible to further the cause of Islam with the zeal, determination and sense of sacrifice of the Prophet
icon--1.gif
and his companions
icon--4.gif

That the Companions did their utmost, individually and collectively, to convey the light of Islam to all people, even outside the Arabian Peninsula, is demonstrated by the lengthy and dangerous journeys they took, reaching the Atlantic Ocean in the west and the Great Wall of China in the East. Countless distinguished companions breathed their last in faraway and foreign lands preaching Islam, for which their sacrifices knew no bounds.

At this point some commonplace misconceptions ought to be cleared. To call all peoples of the world to Allaah is the duty of every responsible and conscientious Muslim. Since there is no priesthood in Islam or sacerdotal class among Muslims, the duty of the call to Allaah cannot be transferred to an ill-conceived and imaginary group called the 'men of religion.' In Islam everyone is a man of religion and every man will be accountable to Allaah as to whether he fulfilled his obligations sincerely and to the best of his abilities or not. The following verse of the Quran should be very enlightening in this respect; Allaah says (what means): “Say: 'This is my way; I invite to Allaah with insight, I and those who follow me. And exalted is Allaah; and I am not of those who associate others with Him.'” [Quran: 12:108]

Thus, anyone who rightly claims to be a follower of the Prophet
icon--1.gif
cannot evade his duty to call people to Allaah.

The following prophetic traditions amply elucidate this point: “Let those who witness inform those who are absent.” [Al-Bukhaari] The word 'witness' here is taken to mean anyone who possesses some Islamic knowledge. The Prophet
icon--1.gif
is also reported to have said: “Preach on my behalf, even with just one verse (i.e. verse of the Quran).”

Therefore, one need not be a profound scholar or a great jurist to call others to Islam. No doubt a person well-versed in Islamic sciences would be able to speak more authoritatively and would be in a position to explain matters of religion to the minutest details. However, a high level of scholarship is not a prerequisite to call others to Islam. Everyone’s effort has a definite gap to fill. A Muslim scholar will address his counterpart with a refined style and scholarly content, while a Muslim layman will have to reason with his equals in practical terms, each having a role complementary to the others.

Every individual of the Muslim Ummah is obliged to be actively engaged in whatever way he can to guide people to the right path and support, morally as well as materially, those who labour to discharge this responsibility. A common misconception that found appeal even among earlier Muslim generations and which still lingers on to this day stems from failure to comprehend the meaning of the following Quranic verse in the proper context (which means): “O you who have believed! Upon you is [responsibility for] yourselves. Those who have gone astray will not harm you when you have been guided...” [Quran: 5:105]

In all honesty and fairness, the above verse does not connote, by any stretch of imagination, that a so-called pious or saintly person may absolve himself of the responsibility to call mankind to truth simply by thinking that evil would not knock at his door, on account of his being pure and peaceful. Regardless of how pious one may appear to be, he can never equal the Prophet
icon--1.gif
or excel his companions
icon--4.gif
in their moral perfection, sincerity of worship and religious devotion.

None of the Prophet's companions
icon--4.gif
ever dreamt of resigning from the noble task of inviting the nations of the east and the west to eternal bliss and salvation offered by Allaah through Islam. It was precisely to correct this wrong notion about the aforementioned verse that Abu Bakr
icon--3.gif
issued the following warning: “O people! Indeed you read this exalted verse and put it in a place other than its own. Whereas I heard the Apostle of Allaah
icon--1.gif
saying: "Indeed, if people see a cruel person and they do not restrain him, Allaah may punish all of them."”

The Ansaar (inhabitants of Madeenah who welcomed the Muslim immigrants) had gone through great material sacrifices in support of the Islamic cause. When Allaah granted victory to the Muslims after their long struggles against the polytheists and they conquered Makkah, some of the Ansaar felt satisfied. Now that Allaah had bestowed His favour upon the believers and had crowned their noble efforts with a glorious and decisive victory over their opponents, they thought it justified for themselves to return to their much neglected trades and palm groves. Thereupon, Allaah the Most High, revealed the following verse (which means): “…And do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction…” [Quran 2:195]

Which clearly meant that a believer would be exposed to the gravest danger if he were to abandon the struggle in the way of Allaah and confine himself to routine Islamic duties such as Salaat (prayer), Sawm (fasting), Zakaat (alms-giving), and the like. Abu Ayyoob Al-Ansaari
icon--3.gif
was among the distinguished Companions. According to some sources, he was one hundred and ten (110) years old when he participated in the first Muslim siege of Constantinople (Istanbul) where he died a martyr. Considering his old age, his younger friends would sometimes recommend him to rest for a while, to which he would reply: “Are you telling me to throw myself into destruction?”

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Asslam u Alaikum dear sister,

Your wish of helping someone to revert to Islam is certainly appreciative and genuine. I would suggest you to involve in "Dawah by Example (DBE)". This is the dawah we give to others (Muslims and non-Muslims) by our actions instead of words. There would be people around your sorrounding "who would not perfrom their prayers regularly", "do not cover themselves properly", "are not obedient to their parents", "are not at the best of their behaviour", are not concious of Allah SWT all the time", "involve in ghibah or other useless discussions", "listen to music", OR "are not Muslims". All of these people do need dawah. Dear sister your actions and your character can be examplary for them. You can change their thoughts and behaviour by your actions without saying even a single word. I do not mean of course that you should have beautiful character of a muslimah to show off. What I am trying to say is that you (all of us in fact) should always keep on trying to gain knowledge and implement on yourself ...always strive hard towards that. Then Allah will insha Allah put barakah and "This young Beautiful" muslimah will become a beautiful example for others and they will insha Allah try to follow you and will revert back to correct actions and fitrah (nature).

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Its so beautifully said in the above post of sister BinteShafi. Jazaki Allah khair dear sister.

I will add that parents sometimes do not understand and we have to explain them in a very polite mannered discussions. You are in a similar state that I had been months ago. They fear that you might become an extremist. Try to explain them the difference of extremism and true Islam.

Another thing is that when we call someone to Islam, we have to be firm in our religion 1st to a limit where no word or phrase of them makes us to doubt on our religion. Mostly this helps to those who have lack of knowledge.

Therefore the best way I recommend to you is by being an example to the people around you. Everything we say MUST be accurate while talking on religious matters.

Hope you got some help my little sister.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Another thing is that when we call someone to Islam, we have to be firm in our religion 1st to a limit where no word or phrase of them makes us to doubt on our religion. Mostly this helps to those who have lack of knowledge.

Maybe I'm not SO firm in my religion but I have SOLID proof that Islam is the true religion, because at sometime, i has fallen into doubt about it, but then I found all these miracles about islam that HAD to make it the right religonn. Thats the only reason why I want to do this because once I teach them about islam, I'm sure they will not have any doubts (InshaALLAH).

Wasalamz

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Maybe I'm not SO firm in my religion but I have SOLID proof that Islam is the true religion, because at sometime, i has fallen into doubt about it, but then I found all these miracles about islam that HAD to make it the right religonn. Thats the only reason why I want to do this because once I teach them about islam, I'm sure they will not have any doubts (InshaALLAH).

Wasalamz

As-salaamu `alaykum sister.

We all have solid proof inshaa' Allah, but what is solid for you, may not be solid for others, bear that in mind. I remember there was a Italian embassy worker or a man of a similar role who use to frequent visits to Saudi. Many people had tried to give him da`wah, but to no avail. Then one day, on the funeral of King Fahd, rahimahullaah, he was amazed by the simplicity of the Muslim burial... no structure upon the grave of a King, no marking, nothing... just a couple of stones to indicate it being a grave. Anyway, upon seeing/reading about this, he pronounced his shahaadah, as he was moved by the fact that the King died receiving the same burial as those under his rule.

Also sister, I will tell you myself, when I was giving da`wah at your age, looking back at what I did, was a pretty poor job because I would rush out with anything I knew about Islaam that I saw appropriate to mention. Alhamdulillaah, it can't of been that bad a job since some of those people are Muslim now, walhamdulillaah, but this this didn't start to happen until 4+ years later onwards...

It is probably best that you see how people give da`wah to a variety of people, before you make any moves inshaa' Allaah, if you haven't already. And remember to make du`aa for the one you hope to be guided. It also requires tonnes of patience. If we get upset and offended by everything they say (by offended I mean that we take it out by saying something inappropriate, either to them or to others) then we're probably better off burying our heads in sand...

It also requires patience from many other angles! For example, going back to my first point, what we think is concrete proof that will certainly turn their hearts may not have an effect at all. If I were to go to someone to give da`wah, and bring them only one or two arguments, which I think will open their hearts, and I am confident in that, what's is going to happen when it has no effect upon them? They might rebut the arguments and I'll be left with nothing, more shocked then anything, with nothing to say. Then I might go home and say, I tried I gave them concrete proofs but they're blind! When in fact, they may not be...

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
As-salaamu `alaykum sister.

We all have solid proof inshaa' Allah, but what is solid for you, may not be solid for others, bear that in mind. I remember there was a Italian embassy worker or a man of a similar role who use to frequent visits to Saudi. Many people had tried to give him da`wah, but to no avail. Then one day, on the funeral of King Fahd, rahimahullaah, he was amazed by the simplicity of the Muslim burial... no structure upon the grave of a King, no marking, nothing... just a couple of stones to indicate it being a grave. Anyway, upon seeing/reading about this, he pronounced his shahaadah, as he was moved by the fact that the King died receiving the same burial as those under his rule.

Also sister, I will tell you myself, when I was giving da`wah at your age, looking back at what I did, was a pretty poor job because I would rush out with anything I knew about Islaam that I saw appropriate to mention. Alhamdulillaah, it can't of been that bad a job since some of those people are Muslim now, walhamdulillaah, but this this didn't start to happen until 4+ years later onwards...

It is probably best that you see how people give da`wah to a variety of people, before you make any moves inshaa' Allaah, if you haven't already. And remember to make du`aa for the one you hope to be guided. It also requires tonnes of patience. If we get upset and offended by everything they say (by offended I mean that we take it out by saying something inappropriate, either to them or to others) then we're probably better off burying our heads in sand...

It also requires patience from many other angles! For example, going back to my first point, what we think is concrete proof that will certainly turn their hearts may not have an effect at all. If I were to go to someone to give da`wah, and bring them only one or two arguments, which I think will open their hearts, and I am confident in that, what's is going to happen when it has no effect upon them? They might rebut the arguments and I'll be left with nothing, more shocked then anything, with nothing to say. Then I might go home and say, I tried I gave them concrete proofs but they're blind! When in fact, they may not be...

lol okay, okay, but I cant give up now...i've gone soo far!!!

IbnAhmad

sisterrrrrrrr shaima!!!!!, seriously u need to chill out!!!!!!!!! lol (i dont wna sound rude) lol
i say u don't worry about converting someone to Islam; as you are soooooooo young and their is much more important things for you to do i.e.
1) you need to take care of your studies
2)do the kidmat of your family
3) make sure you are practicing the sunnah of the prophet

overall to sum up, u need to make sure you are a good example to other fellow non Muslims, so inshaAllah through this small da'wah allah swt will make you a means of hidayah!!!

look at the muslims all around the world, we are getting battered, why is this??? this a punishment from allah swt.. as we 'muslims' are not following the right ways, then what hope do we have for the non muslims, we should much more concerned about doing du'ah for our selves and fellow muslims first and when we are followig the basic principles then trust me the situation of the world shall improve inshaAllah and islam shall spread and inshaAllah you will be a means of hidayah!!!!!!! amiiin.
keep smiling sis :) :) :)

samiha

---------
Staff member

lol okay, okay, but I cant give up now...i've gone soo far!!!

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

Ukhti I second what al-Kashmiri said. This isnt a simple matter of wanting to do good, as I'm sure you have the best of intentions. The thing is, our job is not just to make a person 'convert' but to convey the Deen in its correct manner, whether it be through our actions, our manner, our speech, or more forward da'wah such as this. And each requires its own level of acquiring knowledge and ability.

My dear sis, I would personally at this point encourage you to not get involved with this woman. You have to consider that when you speak to her, does she really want to know? Is she trying to learn about Islaam for the sake of converting, or is she simply those types who like a challenger to come up to them so they can take every word they put up and disprove it with their own words and theories. The latter group of people are quite predominant as well sis, and it's a waste of your precious time to be talking with them because they really dont want to know for the sake of finding the truth.

And so for these people you may give common sense, that look - this is true and how can you deny? But deny they may... and you know what this oft results in? That the one giving Da'wah feels confused, begins to have doubts, their Imaan goes down, Shaytaan attacks them from every vulnerability as his job is to do - exploiting weak points they may have if they dont have complete firm Imaan. Many while trying this task with the best of intentions have done themselves more harm then good!

Even ukhti if we think we are firm we have to be very careful, because it is Shaytaan's promise that he will try to lead us astray with any means possible and from every direction...

{(Iblîs) said: 'Because You have sent me astray, surely, I will lie in wait against them (human beings) on Your straight path. 'Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You).'} [al-A'raaf 7:15-17]

Having said this, it's not that I discourage you from going out there and wanting to spread your Deen. Rather I commend you for it! I pray Allah subhana wa 'tala increase you in this desire and give you (and all of us) the ability to convey our Deen the way it was meant to be conveyed.

I just hope you'll slow down and smell the flowers so to speak. =) Focus on first learning your Deen yourself, then slowly with the knowledge you gain from there work outwards. One of the things which hurts Islaam the most in regards to Da'wah - is actually bad Da'wah, no joke. People try to present Islaam in a good way, but without knowing how, without having that proper knowledge and base, they rather than presenting Islaam in a good and positive manner, drive people away. And this in itself is a scary thought isnt it?

This is something I myself have thought over, as I'm quite like you in these regards, that when people say something against Islaam, or Muslims speak in total ignorance, I tend to get very infuriated. In this state when I try to explain something, I more often then not come out as harsh and demanding, and although it seems fine then, looking back on it I realize I could have said things in a different manner, or perhaps done better by not having blown up at this. But in order to be able to react correctly in such situations, we have to have knowledge and hikmah.

So for now, perhaps it is better to accept the request of your parents, as obeying them is an obligation, and many times they do know what is best. This doesnt mean you stop doing da'wah! Rather keep learning ya ukhti, about your Deen, about Tawheed and correct Aqeedah of a Muslim, gain that solid base needed to convey our Deen, and everything that you learn, share it with the Muslims. Whether your parents, your close family - change yourself and try to help them as well. If you love them, then your first concern should be of their hereafter as well. And if you do this - and they see your seriousness as a Muslim and beliefs behind it, they may be effected as well. Seriously, you'll find many problems and mistakes in people straight within the Muslim communities which may put them even beyond the pale of Islaam - isnt Da'wah to them just as important as those who are not Muslim?

All in all, that is my take on things. I hope you take the time to re-evaluate where exactly you stand on this issue - is it simply your 'desire' which prompts you to do this? And if it is - like mentioned it IS a rewarding venture, and good desire to have but make sure this is backed by what is best for you and your Deen and Imaan.

Finding out too late you bit off more than you can chew is difficult - cos by then your mouth is already too full and you're choking. =p

Best wishes sister

wasalam

Sophie1

Therefore the best way I recommend to you is by being an example to the people around you. Everything we say MUST be accurate while talking on religious matters.

Hope you got some help my little sister.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

i agree with brother Ibn Adam, sis its really good that you want to spread the religion of islam, masha'Allah. But its vital that you do it in the correct way. I think you need to understand islam fully yourself, we need to make sure the knowledge and info we pass is accurate and correct. you need to have the ability to guide someone with full knowledge, firmly and in the correct manner. i understand your eagerness to do this good, you have good intentions...but things happen at the right time...the only thing you can do is spread the right knowledge of islam, the rest is up to Allah(swt). i think you should focus more on building your imaan first, and developing your knowledge.
wish you all the best. =)