Questions to Muslims

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister Sacred_Thought,

After reading your PM, learning about your core belief, and (from memory) reviewing the many posts you have written, I am left with the inquisitive question. What is your ultimate goal in joining our community?? Again; you are welcome here. But, I am very curious as to what your intentions are. Is it perhaps to influence us by casting doubts on our core beliefs as Muslims? Somehow this is the conclusion that's popping in my head at the moment.. LOL... But, I could be wrong... :D

Peace...

But fanatics are not welcome here. Sorry, I can't tolerate fanatics and narrow minded persons. It is like talking to the wall.

Sacred_Thought

Big Ak, by your logic, I'm Christian, which is humorous at best.

If I said Muhammad was the last Prophet but that Jesus died on the cross, what does that make me? Christian or Muslim?

Applying labels doesn't apply to me, imo.

Also, CAPS LOCK IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Can someone close this thread please because this person here is onle for criticism for the sake of criticism and arguments for the sake of arguments. he/she has no intention of gaining knowldge.....................

He/She does not believe....Fine

We do believe...........should be fine for him/her....if NOT...does'nt make any difference to us...We still believe..and our greatest wish, and every effort is towards dying as Muslims.

Salam (Peace) Sacred Thought.

:wasalam:

BigAk

If I said Muhammad was the last Prophet but that Jesus died on the cross, what does that make me? Christian or Muslim?

Ok.... By a show of hand everybody; what does the statement in red make brother Sacred_Thought.... a Christian or a Muslim???

I'll start. The statement surly makes you a Christian. See; what use is it if you say the Muhammad (pbu) is the last prophet if you don't believe in the revelation sent to him?? (They killed him not, nor crucified him)???

Heck; even Jesus (pbu) himself had no clue of this concocted belief the church came up with centuries after his departure.

BigAk

But, anyway.... I am not going to split hair with you over what you consider yourself.. It's your business, and I hope you figure it out someday.... :D

masadam

Alhamdulillah

Sacred thought has made me more stronger in my faith to Islam. Your character representing some versus in the qur`an that says if Allah close someone hearts no one can open it eventhought prophet Muhammad. Also Alhamdulillah that Hidayah from Allah is very expensive and very important. Not everyone can get that. We have to thanks to this person, he is proof that what quran says is right. First, we have already accomodate him in this discussion as quran instruction, debate or discusion with them with good manner.
Second everybody here give argument base on the quran and hadist as also Allah order. and the last one, there is no result that satisfy him to understand this dien, so the last step is we dont believe what you believe and dont believe what we believe. Done, dont give any comment on his post. only wasting your time.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Definitely not a muslim. Jesus never died on the cross, that's what Qur'an says and that's what we muslim must believe. Even if you rephrase your second statement will not make you a muslim, Islam is not about making a statement. It is true, only Allah can guide you, not us. We can only tell you things you need to know to our level best but if you do not accept or disagree, that's your business. My request to you is ask questions but do not insult.

On the other hand, no need to close this thread. I know Sacred Thought's intention is to insult but let us give our friend some answers. Whether he accept or not is his business.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

It makes you neither, it means you're hanging somewhere in between. Because even though Muhammad (s.a.w) was the last prophet, Jesus-a.s. didn't die on the cross but was raised to heaven, and they killed him not, nor did they crucify him.

You know sacred thought, time's running out. I'd just advise to choose what you want to choose quickly. :)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Allah The almighty doesn't need any reassertion of anything, it is us who need Him, He doesn't need our worship, it is us who need to go to him everytime to seek guidance, forgiveness, to give praise and to thank the One Who Deserves it.

I totally agree with you. Allah will remain Allah, God the Almighty whether men worship Him or not. Whatever men do including reassertion of his/her believe to Allah is for his/her own benefits not for Allah.

mayAllahguide

Alaikum

A few questions - These will probably seem inflammatory, but I really do want to see if anyone can answer them. I don't intend to debate or argue anyone here, it's doubtful I will even respond, but I will read, and am curious. Here we go:

I am sorry, now it is doubtful about your intention. It had went from curiosity into argument into debate. As it turned out your questions are inflammatory. Are you testing our patience ?
Let me ask you this so that you can reflect,
What is your intention with these questions ?

It seems to me that Islam favors only Muslims - The Umma, the Muslim brotherhood. Numerously the Qur'an states that non-Muslims are on the level of animals. Yet, in a most contradictory way, it says that Jews and Christians are people of the book

My brothers and sisters have already answer this and the rest of your questions

- oh, and not to mention, all people are apparently born Muslim, but "lose their way." Shouldn't the very fact they were supposedly born Muslim keep the light of brotherhood beyond the extent of the Umma?

Allah is the Most Just. Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Compassionate.

We as a human can't never answer this. What Allah purposes are Allah purposes and He Himself know these. But Allah sates in the Holy Qur'an that basically He test human in this world. Whoever believe in Him will be saved form hellfire and whoever do not believe in Him will enter hell, for them are painful punishment.

What about you, you seemed to know about Islam despite you were born a non-muslim. Wasn't that just for you that Allah had given you a chance to know Islam ?
And what did you do with that chance that Allah had given you, looked for the truth of Islam or used it to debate/reject Islam ?
Choose wisely for this test, in the hereafter you can have no complaint then when Allah ask you what did you do with the chance that He had given to you...

Look for the truth of Islam with sincerity my friend
May Allah guide you..

Ladybug

Question.

Asalamou Alaykoum,
will someone please tell me if a female shaking a man's hand is haram or not? What if it was for job or school interviews?

Islam!!yay

Tabassum 07 - No offense taken, although you do present a good point. Yes, it is hard to focus when music is playing - but why can't Muslims divide their time between listening to music and then prayer?

you can enjoy yourself in Islam. I found this article here http://www.islam101.com/dawah/islamEasyWay.htm

NOTE: Also understand that Islam Is followed by a diverse group of people. I read a book that Wahabism is responsible for making and I quote (wahabism and salafism have made Islam in the modern age Islam dull and boring)

Maintaining a Joyful Disposition

Allah wants us to enjoy ourselves not only in the Hereafter but also in this world. Allah tells us in the Quran to pray for both 'the good in this world and the good in the Hereafter' (2:201).

Additionally the Quran speaks extensively about the enjoyment of life:

'O children of Adam! Wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer Eat and drink but waste not by excess, for Allah loves not wasters. Say: 'who has forbidden the beautiful gifts of Allah which He has produced for His servants and the things clean and pure which He has provided for sustenance' (7:30-301).

And again,

'O you who believe! Make not unlawful the good things Allah has made lawful to you. But commit no excess, for Allah does not like those given to excess. Eat of the things which Allah has provided you, lawful and good, but fear Allah, in whom you believe' (4: 86-88).

Surprising as it may seem to some of us, the Prophet not only accepted jokes; he also told them himself He was cheerful and possessed an easygoing character He was always smiling at his Companions and enjoyed their conversations. He also possessed a very keen sense of humor. But, his jokes were more of a philosophical nature, never inappropriate and always true. For example, once an old lady went to the Prophet and asked whether after her death she would enter Paradise or not. To this the Prophet replied, 'No old woman would enter heaven'. On hearing this, the woman was naturally very sad. 'Then, what is the reward for them?' she asked. The Prophet relieved her anxiety by saying, 'All old people will be made young before they enter Paradise.'

Relaxing your Mind

From the analysis above, it should be clear that Islam does not expect of any individual that he should spend all his leisure time in the mosque or at home and should listen to nothing but recitation of the Quran, or for that matter, be engaged in exclusively 'religious' pursuits. Rather, it recognizes that we are human beings, so that, as we eat and drink, and also need to relax and enjoy our-selves.

Relaxation is not at odds with piety and dignity. The Prophet prayed and engaged in worship more than anyone, but he also enjoyed good things, smiled and joked. Indeed, in his prayers he would beseech Allah for the good things of this world. Relaxing the mind also has the additional benefit of resting and rejuvenating the body so that when we eventually return to fulfill out various obligations, we will be more focused and ready All ibn Abu Talib once said: 'Minds get tired, so do bodies, so treat them with humor' and 'Refresh your minds from time to time, for a tired mind becomes blind'. Another Companion of the Prophet, Abu Darda said: 'I entertain my heart with something trivial in order to make it stronger in the service of the truth'.

As we have highlighted before, the approach of the Prophet to life's activities was always a balanced one. As devoted as he was in his personal worship, he was quick to indicate to his followers that the path of Islam is the way of moderation. Thus, when he heard that one of his attendants was continuously fasting during the day and spending the entire night in prayer, he remarked: 'In every deed [of action] there is a peak followed by lassitude. He who, in his lassitude, follows my Sunnah [the part of moderation] is on the right path, but he who, in his lassitude, follows another [guidance] has [erred and] gone astray [from the straight path Allah has revealed]' (al Bazzaz)

The_truth

Asalamou Alaykoum,
will someone please tell me if a female shaking a man's hand is haram or not? What if it was for job or school interviews?

Asalaamualaikum wr wb sister

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for a man who believes in Allaah and His Messenger to put his hand in the hand of a women who is not permissible for him or who is not one of his mahrams. Whoever does that has wronged himself (i.e., sinned).

It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486. Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh.

This hadeeth alone is sufficient to deter and to instill the obedience required of us by Allaah, because it implies that touching women may lead to temptation and immorality.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the believing women migrated to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), they would be tested in accordance with the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

‘O Prophet! When believing women come to you to give you the Bay‘ah (pledge), that they will not associate anything in worship with Allaah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit illegal sexual intercourse’

[al-Mumtahanah 60:12]

‘Aa’ishah said: Whoever among the believing women agreed to that had passed the test, and when the women agreed to that, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to them: “Go, for you have given your oath of allegiance.’ No, by Allaah, the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman, rather they would give their oath of allegiance with words only.” And ‘Aa’ishah said: “By Allaah, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) only took the oath of allegiance from the women in the manner prescribed by Allaah, and the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman. When he had taken their oath of allegiance he would say, ‘I have accepted your oath of allegiance verbally.’”

(narrated by Muslim, 1866)

It was narrated from ‘Urwah that ‘Aa’ishah told him about the women’s oath of allegiance: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched any woman with his hand. He would explain to the woman what the oath of allegiance implied, and when she accepted, he would say ‘Go, for you have given your oath of allegiance.’”

Narrated by Muslim, 1866

This infallible one, the best of mankind, the leader of the sons of Adam on the Day of Resurrection, did not touch women. This is despite the fact that the oath of allegiance was originally given by hand. So how about men other than the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?

It was narrated that Umaymah the daughter of Raqeeqah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “I do not shake hands with women.”

Narrated by al-Nasaa’i (4181) and Ibn Maajah, 2874; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2513.

With regard to the views of the four imams, they are as follows:

1 – The Hanafi madhhab:

Ibn Nujaym said:

It is not permissible for a man to touch a woman’s face or hands even if there is no risk of desire because it is haraam in principle and there is no necessity that would allow it.

Al-Bahr al-Raa’iq, 8/219

2 – The Maaliki madhhab:

Muhammad ibn Ahmad (‘Ulaysh) said:

It is not permissible for a man to touch the face or hand of a non-mahram woman, and it is not permissible for him to put his hand on hers without a barrier. ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never accepted a woman’s oath of allegiance by shaking hands with her; rather he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to accept their oath of allegiance by words only.” According to another report, “His hand never touched the hand of a woman, rather he would accept their oath of allegiance by words only.”

(Manh al-Jaleel Sharh Mukhtasar Khaleel, 1/223)

3 – The Shaafa’i madhhab:

Al-Nawawi said:

It is not permissible to touch a woman in any way.

Al-Majmoo’, 4/515.

Wali al-Deen al-‘Iraaqi said:

This indicates that the hand of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not touch the hand of any woman apart from his wives and concubines, whether in the case of accepting the oath of allegiance or in other cases. If he did not do that despite the fact that he was infallible and beyond suspicion, then it is even more essential that others heed this prohibition. It appears from the texts that he refrained from doing that because it was haraam for him to do so. The fuqaha’ among our companions and others said that it is haraam to touch a non-mahram woman even if that is not touching parts of her body that are not ‘awrah, such as her face. But they differed with regard to looking when there is no desire and no fear of fitnah. The prohibition on touching is stronger than the prohibition on looking, and it is haraam when there is no necessity that would allow it. If it is the case of necessity, e.g. medical treatment, removing a tooth or treating the eyes, etc., if there is no woman who can do that, then it is permissible for a non-mahram to do that because it is the case of necessity.

Tarh al-Tathreeb, 7/45, 46

4 – The Hanbali madhhab

Ibn Muflih said:

Abu ‘Abd-Allaah – i.e., Imam Ahmad – was asked about a man who shakes hands with a woman. He said, No, and was emphatic that it is haraam. I said, Should he shake hands with her from beneath his garment? He said, No.

Shaykh Taqiy al-Deen also favoured the view that it is prohibited, and gave the reason that touching is more serious than looking.

AlAdaab al-Shar’iyyah, 2/257

Hope that helps And Allaah knows best.

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21183

daywalker

ähmm a new religion, which prophet is you? a prophet in this sense that you decide what to believe and what to not! and according to bible it self if Jesus(pbuh)was crucified, then it proves according to bible that he was fake prophet!!!

so your legs are not even on 2 boat(which is dangerous and risky to fall down in water), but you allready fall down in water.