Still seeking the True Light..But Pls Help me with This

assyuara

Assalamualaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam

I'm born as a Muslim. I'm studying both the conventional education in a polytechnic here and also the islamic education. Both are in the diploma level.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. My family practises Islam. I'm planning to go for umrah in 2010. And whenever I imagine myself in front of the Kaaba, I can feel that my eyes become teary and that my heart feels this wonderful sensation which I think is imaan.

I bear witness that there is no God except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger (prophet) of Allah.

However, sometimes..my mind start questioning:
- Is Islam the True Religion?
- Is the Quran the Book of Allah?

Astaghfirullah..Astaghfirullah. Astaghfirullahal 'adhzim.
At some period I really believe it but at some period of time this unwanted sayings come into my mind. I don't know. I admit I read the Quran but I seldom read through the Tafseer to know the meaning. Allah..

Can you give me suggestions to address to my problem? Thanks a lot.
May Allah guide us all to the Straight Path.
Wassalam.
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Waalaykumsalam

The lmaam of the Ahl as-Sunnah Ahmad ibn Hanbal, may Allaah have mercy upon him, was asked as to whether eemaan increases and decreases. He replied: “It increases until it reaches the highest part of the seventh heaven, and it decreases until it reaches the lowest part of the seventh plane.” He also used to say: “Eemaan is speech and action. It increases and decreases. If you perform good deeds, it increases, and if you do wrong, it decreases.

Some suggestions, maybe you can mix with good sisters, do nawafil prayers...

a_stranger

:salam2: sister
as long as we are living the Shaytan will try his best to deviat the heart of the creature from the one true creator ,....But AlhamduliAllah we are not alone in the battle Allah swt due to his mercy sent the prophet :saw2: with the true perfect message (Quran and Sunna) , We have to fight Shaytan by learning and practicing ...our faith either increase or decrease ..It increases by koweldge and good deeds and decreases by ignorance and bad deeds .....so please sister know that you are not alone in this battle between truth and false , light and darkness, good and evil.......never surrender to Shaytan ......use your time to learn Quran and Sunna .....If you surrender to this evil thoughts you will loose and ......what a lose? .....I pray to Allah swt to help us and increase our faith and give us a pure hearts with love him the most love with most humility.Amen

please pray for us near Kaaaba

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
sister aslam o alikum
i can assure u those are the whispers of Shaitaan just read Quran with more understanding and read la hoala wala qowata illabilla hil alayool azeem ... its last part of the 3rd kalma it helps with fighting with shaitaan :)

BigAk

The holy Quran could not have been produced by a human. Re-read it with more understanding and you'll discover over and over again that it is nothing less than a true revelation of our creator Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Almeftah

[Iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected." (36) Allâh said: "Then, verily, you are of those reprieved, (37) "Till the Day of the time appointed." (38) [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all. (39) "Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them." (40) (Allâh) said: "This is the Way which will lead straight to Me." (41) "Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghâwun (Mushrikûn and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers) (42) "And surely, Hell is the promised place for them all. (43)

Fight Iblis, Allah's enemy.. Don't give in to him.

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum sister,
this is surely from the evil, so forget about it,
and when it comes again to your mind just tell this evil, but there is only one copy of the quran, so it should be that one that mohamed pbuoh carried to the mankind 1400 years ago. it has guidance for the people.
wa salam alikoum

pcozzy

:salam2:

I just wanted to say subhanAllah, I asked a sheik about this. The sheik is a graduate of Madina University. he has his degree in jurisprudence.

I pray alhamdillah and try to increase my faith all the time. I have been muslim all my life, but I started getting these thoughts only recently, when I started thinking of Allah swt more and more throught the day.

So I asked the sheik privately, "I have been getting thoughts that question my belief of this religion?"

His reply, "Allah swt put to bear a test on a person to see their level of faith. As you become more faith conscious these thoughts enter into your mind to determine your conviction to Allah swt "

Alhamdillah, I never believed into these thoughts, and started affirming my belief by reading more Quran and the key is understanding as much as you can what the ayah means.

They subsided after a few weeks they come back every now and then. But I reflect back to what makes a whole lot of sense, Islam.

may Allah be with u.

more :

Our advice may be summed up as follows:

1. Seek refuge with Allaah and give up these thoughts completely, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded.

2. Remember Allaah and control yourself and do not continue to think of these whispers.

3. Occupy yourself with worship and doing good deeds, in obedience to the command of Allaah and seeking to please Him. When you devote yourself completely and seriously to worship, you will forget about these whispers, in sha Allaah.

4. Frequently seek refuge with Allaah and make du’aa’ to free you from these whispers.

I ask Allaah to keep you safe and sound, and protect you from all evils,

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Fadeelat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p. 57-60

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/12315/shaytaan

:wasalam:

warda A

Sister
asalam aleikum
subhanaAllah almost everyone gets those thoughts, me inclusive, we are human anyway and we get lost sometimes but, we should always focus on our goals.
Like everyone says read the Quran with understanding.
inshaAllah all the muslim ummah will be lead to the straight path. ameen

assyuara

Subhanallah!

Assalamualaikum.

Dear my brothers and sisters in Islam,
thanks a lot for your reply. I now understand that i'm not facing this problem alone. Subhanallah!

Yes, as I expected this is closely related to imaan. May all of us be guided by Allah everytime everywhere insha Allah.
And insha Allah when i'm in front of the Kaaba in 2010, i'll pray for the unity of the ummah and the maintenence as well as the upgrading of our imaan and the success of our ummah as a whole. May our greatest successful civilisation be repeated soon. Allahuakbar! Allahuakbar!!

Wassalam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

Kakorot

:salam2: happy for you sis :hijabi: and may Allaah guide all of us, direct us to good deeds and increase our imaan, ameen Ya Rabb!! Fi amaan Allaah.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
looking into islam deeply and studying the Quran will show you how perfect and great this religion is. I mean look how sensible it is, we believe in 1 God, all the prophets....
not mentioning the science, signs and miracles all available for us.
-----------
Many were the ways of life that have passed away before you, travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected faith. Here is a plain statement to men, a guidance and instruction to those who fear God! So lose not heart, nor fall into despair; for you must gain mastery if you are true in faith. [3: 137,138, 139]

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

i know what you mean to tell you the truth i'm sure everyone at some point felt this doubt or some sort of doubt, its in the nature of man to beleive what he or she sees instead of blindly following it, but beleive me although we're are not able to see our Most loving Lord of all the worlds and the hereafter, he has shown us many signs that he is there and that Islam is the true religion.

wanted to end with this hadith which may or may not be related to this topic or your doubt but heregoes anyway.
(paraphraised)
A Companion of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: approached and asked him "how do we know that there is a God?"

RasulAllah :saw: replied
"Camel dung in the middle of a desert is evidence that a Camel was there,
A footprint is evidence that a man was there,
And the fact that we exist and the thisplanet along with the whole universe exists is evidence that there is an ultimate creator Allah SWT"

this was the reply of an illiterate yet beautiful, wise, kind, generous, and merciful man
The perfect answer from the most perfect creation
dontcha tink?

:wasalam:

Nurain

Asalammu'alaikum sister

I used to feel that way. It is nothing, sister, but the whispers of shaiton. I do not have any quotes here but from a book by Dr Abu Ameena Bilal Phillips (Understanding the purpose of creation -- sold at English Islamic bookstores, there is one at Darul Arqam Muslims Converts), it is shaiton whispering to you. It goes something like, first shaiton will make you question the acceptable - about yourself, tc.. and when he gets to you questioning about Allah, sister you have to quickly affirm your belief in Allah and Rasulullah SAW and ask Allah for protection from the whispers of Shaiton.

Sister many people goes through this, you are not alone. I have tried this for myself, an advise inserted in the book - to only question the creation and not the Creator. Be amazed by Allah's creations, masha'Allah. Above all sister, of course constantly do your solat fardhu and constantly go for a talk at least once a weak all in the hope to strengthen you iman. Sister, seek help from Allah. Ask Him for a strengthened iman. Insha'Allah, your iman will be stronger.

Do not despair sister. Do not be astray. Do everything possible to get back on track. Insha'Allah sister. Think of the imminent death and wanting to go in iman.

Wasalam,
your sister from Singapore

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Sister,

I used to be in your situation sister but all those questions in my head took years before I actually feel the conviction in my heart that Islam is the true religion. During those years, it was just endless questions about Islam and honestly, I was just afraid to ask anyone these questions because I fear people would say that to question such is syirik.

How I overcame all these was to continuously make duas to Allah swt to open up my heart and let me see this light. Also I started reading the Quran and the meanings of each suraah and alhamdullilah, slowly all those questions just started to go away because deep down, I know this is the true religion.

I hope that helps somehow.. wasn't much to begin with but whatever I've experienced is not something I can just pen down so easily. Like what other brothers and sisters said, you are not alone in this. We all feel the same way as well. Sometimes it's just syaitan's work trying to sway you. Be strong! Take this as a test you will pass with flying colours because this is the Hereafter we are talking about. insyaAllah, I pray that you'll get through that.

Wasalaam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister. I remember those questions came into my mind when I watched that Jesus Christ movie that was on T.V in the year of 2006; and that is what got me interested in Islam, and later on I started coming back to my faith. And today I've stopped being that kind of person that I was before; a wannabe, stupid, disrespectful, and an idiot into being a boy who shows respect, who likes being differant (meaning being differant from those other kids by being religious) from the other kids, and a kid who society had destroyed before (last year) but not anymore, Alhamdulillah.

Love for Rasulallah (SAW).jpg

fada_all

assalamo 3alaikom wa rahmato allah dear okhti

In my point of view.u r alhamdo lillah muslim ,intellecual and not illeterat or ignorant ; u need only when u read the holy Quran to read it slowly with strong consentration.surely u will understand its verses by ur feeling.because it is the language of allah sobhanaho wta3ala our creater not of human invention. may allah guid u to the right path .

astaghfiro allah wa shhad anna la illaha illa allah