Thought of the Day

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

When I learn to respect myself, other people will respect me. How can I develop respect for myself? By keeping my mind positive and encouraging myself to grow and change for the better. Demanding respect because of my position or background is simply arrogance. On the other hand, listening with humility and valuing other people's advise naturally earns me respect. I get back exactly what I give out.

:wasalam:

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

When I learn to respect myself, other people will respect me. How can I develop respect for myself? By keeping my mind positive and encouraging myself to grow and change for the better. Demanding respect because of my position or background is simply arrogance. On the other hand, listening with humility and valuing other people's advise naturally earns me respect. I get back exactly what I give out.

You are right, sister. Moreover, one thing that gives you respect is sticking to be truthful in all situations. Observing truthfulness through thick and thin needs striving against fear, pride and self-conceit that may push one to lie to keep his safety, pride and self-concit. Those who adhere to truthfulness in every situation are very rare today.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
"Don't argue for other people's weaknesses. Don't argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it-immediately."

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Determination and Patience

Determination is the strength that will enable you to pass the barrier of useless thoughts in order to create positive thoughts and to be successful in whatever you wish. It comes from within and its partner is patience. Patience teaches you not to push but rather to wait and appreciate the game of life instead, knowing that nothing remains the same, and everything will change at some point.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

--Winston Churchill

BinteShafi

Left long ago
The average woman would rather have beauty than brain, because the average man can see better than he can think.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom dear sister,

Jazaki Allah khairan, dear sister. I have enjoyed reading all your wise sayings and shared them with my friends. :)

The average woman would rather have beauty than brain, because the average man can see better than he can think.

LOL I find this funny because in most cases the average woman never accepts the average man. She rather seeks someone who can appreciate her gift.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
LOL I find this funny because in most cases the average woman never accepts the average man. She rather seeks someone who can appreciate her gift.

Asslam u Alaikum wr wb brother,

A man who appreciates a women for her beauty is an average man :).

Thanks that you like these quotes but they are not mine. Most of them are by anonymous great people :hearts: I will bring some more and would love to read from other brothers and sisters.

JazakAllahu Khayra,

Wa Alaikum Salam

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Asslam u Alaikum wr wb brother,

A man who appreciates a women for her beauty is an average man :).

Exactly, sister....that is why i said that the average woman never accepts the average man who thinks by his eyes. She rather seeks a man who can appreciater her brain, heart and good hidden beauty, that is her real gift.

BTW, wallahi I am a sister..LOL :)

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Oh sorry I did not realize. My apologies dear sister. I love the name of your location...Mohalla Al-kobra..It reminds me something really beautiful (my childhood)

BinteShafi

Left long ago

A human being has in each day 24,000 breaths - in and out. In every in-and-out breath, there is an action, whether good or bad. Every breath in is an act, and every breath out is an act. Whether you breathe in or breathe out you expend effort, energy. So you are doing at least 24,000 acts every day. Think, then, whether these acts are like dead trees that have to be cut and thrown into fire or like living things that must be put into eternal area of heaven.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah said:

“If you do not find the deed producing a sweetness or expansion in your heart, then blame it. For the Lord, Exalted is He, is indeed appreciative.”

Meaning, that He will reward the doer of the deed in this world with experiencing sweetness, expansion and delight in his heart. Whenever one does not find this occurring, then the deed is defective.

- Quoted by Ibn al-Qayyim in Madaarij as-Saalikeen.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah said:

“If you do not find the deed producing a sweetness or expansion in your heart, then blame it. For the Lord, Exalted is He, is indeed appreciative.”

Meaning, that He will reward the doer of the deed in this world with experiencing sweetness, expansion and delight in his heart. Whenever one does not find this occurring, then the deed is defective.

- Quoted by Ibn al-Qayyim in Madaarij as-Saalikeen.

This is so beautiful and so true...sobhan Allah. Allah the Almighty made a swift reward for the righteous deed when you do it for the sake of Allah. This swift reward is the sweetness and expansion you feel in your heart soon after you offer the good deed. Allah the Almighty is the Most Generous.

zainab bala

Allah is sufficient.
To achieve this however, it must be understood that it has to be carried out within the boundries of the divine grace.