Thought of the Day

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Professor: has God made everything that exists ?

Student: yes

Professor: God made evil also ?

Student: Sir do cold and darkness exist ?

Professor: Yes! Don't you feel them ?

Student: No, there is no cold. It is the complete absence of heat and similarly darkness is nothing but an absence of light. According to Physics we can study light and heat but not darkness and coldness.

Similarly evil does not exist. Actualy it is the absence of faith, love, and true belief in God

BinteShafi

Left long ago
If you want to be happy with a man, love him less and understand him more. If you want to be happy with a woman, love her more and do not try ever to understand her :)

BinteShafi

Left long ago
This tongue of yours is not static , so keep it busy with the dhikr of Allah or else it will be busy either singing or backbiting or slandering....

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Thanks brother and very welcome to the forum. I hope you will benefit from here insha Allah.

Enjoy :salah:

:wasalam:

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Today the angel of death overlooked you and took the soul of your brothers

one day he will come to you overlooking others...

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Today the angel of death overlooked you and took the soul of your brothers

one day he will come to you overlooking others...

That sent a chill down my spine!..May Allah grant us hosn al-khatima..Ameen!

Baraka Allaho Feeki sister :)

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Good Character !!!

"The best of you are those who are best in character" [Al-Bukhari, no.3559 Muslim. no 1321]

"Nothing shall be heavier in a believer's scale on the Day of Jusgement than a good character" [Al-Tirmidhi, no 2003]

Aishah RA replied when asked about the Prophet's character' peace be upon him "His character was that of the Qur'an" ]Muslim no, 746]

Indeed you are on a tremendous standard of conduct [66:4]

Good character with the Creator and with creation revolves around two sentences utterred by Shaykh 'Add al Qadir Jilani "Be with the Real (Creator) without creation, and be with creation without your ego" [Ibn al-Qayyim]

BinteShafi

Left long ago

"We need to be clear about our own values, priorities, and preferences and not let someone else, or society, define them for us,"

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

When I learn to respect myself, other people will respect me. How can I develop respect for myself? By keeping my mind positive and encouraging myself to grow and change for the better. Demanding respect because of my position or background is simply arrogance. On the other hand, listening with humility and valuing other people's advise naturally earns me respect. I get back exactly what I give out.

your right sister....thanks for the advise.. may allah reward you ameen

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Even if you studied for a hundred years and collected a thousand books, you would not be eligible for the mercy of God the Exalted except through action.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation

Even if you studied for a hundred years and collected a thousand books, you would not be eligible for the mercy of God the Exalted except through action.

salam.

simply beautiful - jazakallah for all your work (i just finished reading all of em :p)

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Wa Iyya ka brother Ali....and jazak Allah Khayr for reading

Ibn as-Sammak said, on his deathbed:

“O Allah! You Know that, even if I had disobeyed You, I loved those who obeyed You! So, make this for me a means of nearness to You!”

Abdullah bin Mas’ud said:

“If a man were to stand for seventy years worshipping Allah between the Yemeni Corner and the Maqam of Ibrahim (at the Ka’bah), he would still be resurrected on the Day of Judgement with those whom he loved.”

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up. You can't expect people to look eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them.

BinteShafi

Left long ago

If it is not truthful and not helpful, don't say it. If it is truthful and not helpful, don't say it. If it is not truthful and helpful, don't say it. If it is truthful and helpful, wait for the right time.