queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Hey dear..get us some wonderful malay meal...my hubby loves masakan melayu lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

Dearest Sister,
Check out this link for awesome Malay recipes of your choice.

http://resepi.mesra.net/

and many in YouTube!
:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Last but not least i will like to Thank you a million for those lovely recipes!
May Allah swt shower blesses upon your family and reward you tremendously for your sharing~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care,

~Wassalam :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest Sister,
Check out this link for awesome Malay recipes of your choice.

http://resepi.mesra.net/

and many in YouTube!
Alhamdulillah!

Last but not least i will like to Thank you a million for those lovely recipes!
May Allah swt shower blesses upon your family and reward you tremendously for your sharing~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care,

Assalamualikum dear.
Jazaka Allah khair for the link and for you beautiful dua.and May Allah shower the same love and blessing upon you and your family.ameen :):hearts:

revert2007

Love Fishing
Rice stuffed chicken

Ingredients

• 1 whole chicken
  • 1 large potato
  • 1/2 cup rice (well washed and soak in water for 10-25 mints)
  • 1 large onion (blend in a food processor)
  • 1 small green capsicum(blend in a food processor)
  • 2 cloves of garlic pealed
  • 1/4 cup coriander leaves
  • oven bag
  • 1 Tbsp ghee/oil(optional)
  • 1/4 cup kismis (optional)
Spices for rice

• 1/2 tsp cumin pwdr
  • 1/2 tsp coriander pwdr
  • 1 tsp garam masala (you can buy form any indian shop )
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon pwdr
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp salt/salt for taste
Spices for chicken

Same as spices for rice but make them all 1 tsp fro each spices and salt shoudl be 2 tsp/salt for taste

1 tsp cumin pwdr
1 tsp coriander pwdr
1 tsp garam masala (you can buy form any indian shop )
1 tsp cinnamon pwdr
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt/salt for taste

Method

1. Wash the chicken with a good amount of flour and salt(each time you should wash your chciken this way to avoid the bad smell).You may remove the skin but I suggest better cook with skin as it keeps the rice well.
  2. Drain the rice and mix the spices for rice +onion+capsium+salt+coriander leaves+1 Tbsp ghee(optional)
  3. Place the rice inside the chicken
  4. Rub the spices for chicken on the chicken.
  5. Place the slices of potatoes inside the oven bag.
  6. Place the chicken on the potatoes and seal the bag
  7. Place the bag in a container
  8. Bake at 200 degree celcius/392F/gas mark 5
  9. bake for 1 1/2 hour- 2 hours
Done :)
:hearts:Bon appetit:hearts:
p.s: here I have pictures of both skinless chicken and chicken with skin.

Attachments

• IMG_0960.JPG
    IMG_0960.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.Yes this competition is not only for the three of us but for everyone.Even bros can join as well.Post some of your mother's secret recipes here :D

I will post a fantastic almond chocolate cake soon.I do not have the time now but in sha Allah soon :).I did this cake for the first time by watching a youtube video and guess what,this cake is better than secret recipe cake lol and the cake finished in one day.Everyone loves it.In sha Allah will post the tips as well :)

Looking forward for more recipes. :muslim_child:

Kakorot

Thanks.

Mass biran (Fish fry).

Ingredients

Vegetable oil
Grated onions*
Fish
Boiled potatoes
Boiled eggs
Chopped coriander
Green chillies
Bay leaves
Salt
Water
Turmeric powder
Curry powder
Mixed curry powder/spice

Method

Wash the fish pieces thoroughly, then marinate with turmeric powder and salt. Put some vegetable oil on a pan, when the oil is hot, cook the fish. Turn the fish every now and then till it’s cooked properly. Then when the fish pieces are cooked, remove them and put them on a plate.

On the same pan you fried the fish, add the grated onions and cook till brown. Then add salt, bay leaves, curry and mixed curry powder and a little bit of turmeric powder (because you have turmeric already from the remaining oil). Then mix and add some water. Add the fish pieces and coat the mushla (masala) with them. Then add the boiled potatoes and eggs and coat them with the mushla too. Put some green chillies (you don’t have to chop them) and add the chopped coriander leaves.

* The amount of grated onions depends on the amount of fish pieces you use.

randomz117.jpg

^ It looks dry but that's because it's my first time making it. I should of had more onions (and I'm still in my learning stages).

My mum makes it wayyy better, mashaAllaah.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Assalamualikum dear.
Jazaka Allah khair for the link and for you beautiful dua.and May Allah shower the same love and blessing upon you and your family.ameen :):hearts:

Ingredients

• For Rice stuffed chicken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amin!!!For your duá.

:subhanallah:
    Thank you very much my dearest sister for your effort
    and for sharing this good looking recipe.

~May Allah swt reward you tremendously~Amin!

Thank you,
    Take Care!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Thanks.

Mass biran (Fish fry).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool!
Above all you did it sister! From raw to good to eat food!
Alhamdulillah!

Thank you very much my dearest sister for your effort
and for sharing this good looking recipe.

~May Allah swt reward you tremendously~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

Finally. . .! LOL. I really want to apologize to everyone for making you guys wait especially my two competitors (lol!) - Sister Rayray and Sister Revert.

Meal: Char Kuey Teow!

Ingredients:

Vegetable oil
White onions
Chickens thats cut into very small pieces
Soy sauce (in Malay is called Kicap :) )
Boiled eggs
Any appropriate vegetables
Shrimps/some meats
Water

Method:

Fry the onions until the colour turns yellowish-orange. Then fry the meat/shrimps/small pieces of chickens that you've cut into into the frying pan.

Pour the soy sauce in the frying pan and some water as to make the meal a bit liquid, rather than dry. (Pour the water as much as you think is necessary but not too much, OK!)

Then let the water and the ingredients to boil for a while. Afterwards, add in the kuey teow. After you have let it cook for a few minutes, add any suitable vegetables into your cooking.

And then tadaa! Its done. :)

P.S: I'm kind of excited with this cooking though it isnt really my first. :)
I attached Char Kuey Teow and also the drink that we had for lunch - Air Bandung! (Syrup + milk)

And cooking isnt that hard actually!

InshaAllah another meal coming soon. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 61

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Ahhh, mashallah dear sisters. You have all shared so many lovely and good recepies, and Inshallah I will try to make some of them. :hijabi:

I need to think which recipe to share, Inshallah when I make something soon I will share it. I am also beginer of cooking. :shymuslima1:

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing

Thank you. This competition needs some Indian flavor.

Is that a bengali recipe ?
Oh yeah...well what kind of indian food would you like to request?I guess there is already a recipe on Bryani but I will try to post as well the easiest way of doing it..And yeah I should post chicken tandoori and nan bread...All my cooking i add garam masala lol...

I just miss eating on banana leave...this just give amazing flavour lol..anyway...I should think what I should post next in sha Allah:muslim_child:

revert2007

Love Fishing

Ahhh, mashallah dear sisters. You have all shared so many lovely and good recepies, and Inshallah I will try to make some of them. :hijabi:

I need to think which recipe to share, Inshallah when I make something soon I will share it. I am also beginer of cooking. :shymuslima1:

May Allah bless you

Assalamualikum..PLease join us..waiting for some of Iranian food..They look good actually..I watched Iranian cooking on fatafeat lol

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Oh yeah...well what kind of indian food would you like to request?

Thanks sister revert for your kindness.. :) .. I meant to say that I was planning to post some indian recipes. You can post some if you like though.

And yes, brothers can cook too.. ;)

revert2007

Love Fishing

Thanks sister revert for your kindness.. :) .. I meant to say that I was planning to post some indian recipes. You can post some if you like though.

And yes, brothers can cook too.. ;)

Yes i know you gonna post something..:)

looking forward...

Cooking is not difficult but typing out the recipes is just a tedious job lol..I shall take some break from posting recipes and work on trying out others recipes in sha Allah..

I do agree that man is the best cook :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamualikum..PLease join us..waiting for some of Iranian food..They look good actually..I watched Iranian cooking on fatafeat lol

Wa allaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu. Baarak Allah feekh dear sister for your kindness. As soon as I make something I will share it Inshallah, maybe some sweets. :hijabi:

But I did not knew that this is competttion sister or I have maybe misunderstood it. But mashallah, is good thread where we can learn from each others,and cook better Inshallah.:hijabi:

May Allah bless you

revert2007

Love Fishing
Wa allaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu. Baarak Allah feekh dear sister for your kindness. As soon as I make something I will share it Inshallah, maybe some sweets. :hijabi:

But I did not knew that this is competttion sister or I have maybe misunderstood it. But mashallah, is good thread where we can learn from each others,and cook better Inshallah.:hijabi:

May Allah bless you

Assalamualikum sis..Well it is not really a competition..We just use the term competition so that we have the eagerness of posting recipes

I personally would say..this thread is all about encouraging others to cook as well as giving some great ideas for Ramadhan in sha Allah..

I personally began to cook almost 2 years ago and masha Allah now I really love cooking..I start step by step and youtube has wonderful videos which can help you..For those want to learn Indian cuisine..I will recommend Vahrehvah Chef :muslim_child: