TTI Cook Off

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I personally began to cook almost 2 years ago and masha Allah now I really love cooking..I start step by step and youtube has wonderful videos which can help you..For those want to learn Indian cuisine..I will recommend Vahrehvah Chef :muslim_child:

That guy has a weakness with 'kasturi methi'. He finds a way to somehow incorporate it in every dish of his.. quite funny..

Also, you can go a bit easy on the spices. He tends to overdo it a few times. His best work is the 'shortcut' ways to cook some dishes and his helpful extra tidbits.

revert2007

Love Fishing
That guy has a weakness with 'kasturi methi'. He finds a way to somehow incorporate it in every dish of his.. quite funny..

Also, you can go a bit easy on the spices. He tends to overdo it a few times. His best work is the 'shortcut' ways to cook some dishes and his helpful extra tidbits.
Well I do agree..i do not know what is kasturi methi........i do not use all the ingredients he mention..i just add whatever i can find then finish of with garam masla lol...

I prefer italian /chinese cooking....they are much easier :)

revert2007

Love Fishing

is kasturi methi = Fenugreek ???????

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

Finally. . .! LOL. I really want to apologize to everyone for making you guys wait especially my two competitors (lol!) - Sister Rayray and Sister Revert.

Meal: Char Kuey Teow!

InshaAllah another meal coming soon. :biggrin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Thank you very much my dearest sister for your effort
and for sharing this.

~May Allah swt reward you tremendously~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Ukhti QueenIslam, why dont you join us too? :) I'm sure it'll be exciting to see your cookings too! :wink:

I think I'm going to invite lots of people to share their cookings here. Lol

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Ukhti QueenIslam, why dont you join us too? :) I'm sure it'll be exciting to see your cookings too! :wink:

I think I'm going to invite lots of people to share their cookings here. Lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:ma:
Thank you for your invitation sister
Its an honor for me :)

Insya allah!

Happy The Holy Month of Rajab.

Thank you,

Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

LOL, didn't know we had Chefs on TTI:biggrin:....hmm maybe you three should open up a restuarant named "TTI Foods":biggrin::biggrin:

Of all I've seen so far, I only know how to make the "Chapati" one:biggrin: and I could share the recipes for what I cook but i don't have any, I just mix together what i find in the house and BAM, the food is ready:biggrin:

@sis revert; what exactly is a "garam masala"??- I'm kinda not familiar with the name:biggrin::biggrin:

k people, keep sharing what ya got- am just another observer:)

revert2007

Love Fishing
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

LOL, didn't know we had Chefs on TTI:biggrin:....hmm maybe you three should open up a restuarant named "TTI Foods":biggrin::biggrin:

Of all I've seen sos far, I only know how to make the "Chapati" one:biggrin: and I could share the recipes for what I cook but i don't have any, I just mix together what i find in the house and BAM, the food is ready:biggrin:

@sis revert; what exactly is a "garam masala"??- I'm kinda not familiar with the name:biggrin::biggrin:

k people, keep sharing what ya got- am just another observer:)

Assalamualikum dear.Welcome to our thread:hearts:
Description

Garam is the Hindi word for "warm" or "hot," and this blend of dry-roasted ground spices from the colder climes of northern India adds a sense of warmth to both palate and spirit. There are as many variations of garam masala (which may contain up to 12 spices) as there are Indian cooks. It can include black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, cardamom, dried chiles, fennel, ginger, mace and nutmeg. Garam masala may be purchased in Indian markets and in the gourmet section of some supermarkets.
Uses

Garam masala is usually either added to a curries, vegetable dishes, soups, or stews toward the end of cooking or sprinkled over the surface just before serving.

source
  1. Raw garam masala -you grind the spices without roasting them
  2. Roasted garam masala-you grind the spices after roasting them
Raw garam masala usually you add together in the food while cooking
Roasted garam masala you add at the end of the food once it is served on the plate.Just sprinkle some on the served food.

Recipe for home made garam masala
Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (avoid using it)
Directions

1. Mix cumin, coriander, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a bowl. Place mix in an airtight container, and store in a cool, dry place.
source

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamualikum sis..Well it is not really a competition..We just use the term competition so that we have the eagerness of posting recipes

I personally would say..this thread is all about encouraging others to cook as well as giving some great ideas for Ramadhan in sha Allah..

I personally began to cook almost 2 years ago and masha Allah now I really love cooking..I start step by step and youtube has wonderful videos which can help you..For those want to learn Indian cuisine..I will recommend Vahrehvah Chef :muslim_child:

Wa alaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

Yes, mashallah your idea is very good, because on this way the sisters who are not so much good in cooking may become better, Inshallah. And it is good oportunity that we share some good recapies for Ramadan Inshallah.

For begining, I share simple recepie for " Fruit salad with ice cream", and photos how it looks made by me. :shymuslima1:. I hope Inshallah, you will like it.

"Fruit salad with ice cream"

Ingredients:

- bananas

-apple

-pinnapple

-peach

- ice cream of chocolate and vanila

- and litlle cinnamon for better taste

Advice for cooking: :hijabi:. After meaking fruit salad, keep it in the fridge for some time, so that both fruits and ice cream be together cold, because it is good refreshment in summer days. :)

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Attachments

• DSC00918.JPG
    DSC00918.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00911.JPG
    DSC00911.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 77

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam Alaikum warhamatu-llah

wow, nice things are being cooked in TTI...i didt ever been there....Alhamdu li Allah....
can brothers join this?...I guess....yes...
anyways: there were something going like Bengali recipe.....he hee..yet I couldnt get that...but at least i know the word..lolz.....
but i loved the all things.....subhanAllah so nice dishes.....he he....that has already watered my mouth.....

aaa....nutmeg, tel me sisters and brohter...in every special dishes, the nutmeg is used like Biriani/polao...korma...uff.....it might put some flavour, yet I'm still not able to specify the flavour.... he he.....but I thing there is something wrong in it....if you put a little more....dish becomes bitter....though it is being used in a very little amount...

One sister was asking for Garam masala....he he...my mom used to separate this masalafrom others, she tells that, its a special...but I'm quite sure that nutmegs are not used so commonly, but in occasions, is is added directly to dishes...

I'm not a good cook at all....good cook....i just can fry and egg or make a cup of tea....
but I know something like: chicken{I know that's not special...lolz} or meat curry and hoch-poch....

but alhamduli Allah..i know a much better thatn others, myfrnds cant even fry an egg.....he he

I'll try the dishes posted here..inshaa'Allah..i hope that will work....
and will report... he he
Jazakum Allahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Wooo.. cooking it just started off with me. I must say I liked Vahrevah Chef though some of his cooking does not require all that and the time could be saved.

One dish (Makloubeh) I had eaten before and loved it so I tried to cook it didn't turn out that well but still here goes the recipe

Ingredients:
• 200 g Beef (best sheep meat, better with its bones, just cut into square pieces)
• 1 Onion (chopped)
• ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
• 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
• ¼ tsp Fennel Seed Powder
• A pinch of Mixed Spices
• 1 cup Rice (American/ Basmati)
• 1 large Potato
• 1 large Eggplant
• ½ medium Cauliflower
• Salt (to taste)
• Oil (for frying)
How to make Makloubeh:
• Place a large pot on fire and add water.
• Place the meat in the water and boil it.
• On boiling, add the chopped onion, black pepper, cinnamon, fennel and mixed spices.
• Cook it on medium heat, for one and half hours.
• Peel the eggplant and potato and slice them.
• Cut the cauliflower into medium pieces.
• Sprinkle some salt on the vegetables.
• Place a kadai/Wok on fire and heat some oil.
• Fry the eggplant and cauliflower, till only half done.
• Wash the rice well.
• Once the meat is done, place a clean pot on fire.
• Place the ingredients in this order: potatoes, meat, eggplant, cauliflower and rice. Finally, spread a small spoon of salt on the rice.
• Pour in water to cover the ingredients and go about a centimeter above the rice.
• Cook on high flame and when the extra water has evaporated, simmer the heat and cook for 15 minutes, covered.
• Flip it in a big round dish and serve with plain yoghurt and tomato and cucumber salad.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
^^That's quite a Long list akhy:)..but looks good anyways:D:D

@SIS REVERT, JazkiAlahu khayr for the welcome ukhty:D...I pretty much get what "garam masala" is now, thanks to your explaination:)

revert2007

Love Fishing
Wa alaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

Yes, mashallah your idea is very good, because on this way the sisters who are not so much good in cooking may become better, Inshallah. And it is good oportunity that we share some good recapies for Ramadan Inshallah.

For begining, I share simple recepie for " Fruit salad with ice cream", and photos how it looks made by me. :shymuslima1:. I hope Inshallah, you will like it.

"Fruit salad with ice cream"

Ingredients:

- bananas

-apple

-pinnapple

-peach

- ice cream of chocolate and vanila

- and litlle cinnamon for better taste

Advice for cooking: :hijabi:. After meaking fruit salad, keep it in the fridge for some time, so that both fruits and ice cream be together cold, because it is good refreshment in summer days. :)

May Allah bless you

Assalamualikum sis.
Jazaka ALlah khair for your wonderful recipe.I will try it soon in sha Allah.

Keep posting :)

Assalamualikum:muslim_child:

revert2007

Love Fishing

Wooo.. cooking it just started off with me. I must say I liked Vahrevah Chef though some of his cooking does not require all that and the time could be saved.

One dish (Makloubeh) I had eaten before and loved it so I tried to cook it didn't turn out that well but still here goes the recipe

Ingredients:
• 200 g Beef (best sheep meat, better with its bones, just cut into square pieces)
• 1 Onion (chopped)
• ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
• 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
• ¼ tsp Fennel Seed Powder
• A pinch of Mixed Spices
• 1 cup Rice (American/ Basmati)
• 1 large Potato
• 1 large Eggplant
• ½ medium Cauliflower
• Salt (to taste)
• Oil (for frying)
How to make Makloubeh:
• Place a large pot on fire and add water.
• Place the meat in the water and boil it.
• On boiling, add the chopped onion, black pepper, cinnamon, fennel and mixed spices.
• Cook it on medium heat, for one and half hours.
• Peel the eggplant and potato and slice them.
• Cut the cauliflower into medium pieces.
• Sprinkle some salt on the vegetables.
• Place a kadai/Wok on fire and heat some oil.
• Fry the eggplant and cauliflower, till only half done.
• Wash the rice well.
• Once the meat is done, place a clean pot on fire.
• Place the ingredients in this order: potatoes, meat, eggplant, cauliflower and rice. Finally, spread a small spoon of salt on the rice.
• Pour in water to cover the ingredients and go about a centimeter above the rice.
• Cook on high flame and when the extra water has evaporated, simmer the heat and cook for 15 minutes, covered.
• Flip it in a big round dish and serve with plain yoghurt and tomato and cucumber salad.

Assalamualikum
It sounds delicious.I guess Makloubeh is the Lebanese dish and similar to kabsah the saudi dish and also similar to bryani the Pakistani/Indian dish.They all look almost similar but might differ a bit in taste due to different types of spices.In sha Allah will try it soon as I have lamb meat in my freezer but boneless. :)

Keep posting akhi..Men are the best cook :)
Assalamualikum

revert2007

Love Fishing

Hey that's not true.. My mom's the best one around..

Assalamualikum.
Well of course no one can compete with a mother's cooking.Do you know why?Because a mother uses the secret ingredient that others do not use-LOVE and PASSION.Even if a mother is not an expert as the Chef in a 5 start hotel,Yet Allah blesses her cooking with barakah because she cooks for her family with love and passion.
May Allah bless all Mothers.Ameen.

p/s:I am a mother too and I really feel happy when my son enjoys my boiled eggs and fried potatoes :D

Assalamualikum:muslim_child: