US ELECTION ON NOV 6

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

A GLBTQ with a butterfly ( Zionist sex slave symbol) ..talking about the first time.

I can not support this evil.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
My dear sister I would be glad to, I can let my inner nerd run wild! Each state in the Electoral College is granted on vote per Senator (2 per state no matter the size) and 1 per Representative (this is based on the population of the state.) So states like California, Texas, Florida have a lot of Electoral Votes with California having the most at 55. With the exception of 2 states, which ever candidate wins the popular vote is give that states Electoral votes. There are 528 electoral votes up for grab and to win you have to get 270 votes. Win the state, win the votes. The overall popular vote in the end has nothing to do with who wins, you can win the popular vote a still lose due to the Electoral College. In Maine and Nebraska the electoral votes of that state are not winner takes all, they are distributed by who wins each congressional district so a candidate would pick up a couple votes here and there.

The Electoral College is an outmoded way of electing a President but it has yet to be abolished. In states like California which 99% of the time goes Democratic or Texas which also 99% of the time goes Republican the candidates of the opposite party rarely spend any time or money since it is futile, they concentrate on swing states like Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania ect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electo...tes)#Alternative_methods_of_choosing_electors

Dear sister,

Thank you for taking your trouble to explain. My country election system is based on what left behind by the British colonialist, so I've difficulty to understand US system. So US is not really a democracy (western model) champions? I thought the president being appointed based on popular votes all this while unlike my country, the head of our govt is the Prime Minister, all he needs to do is winning just one parliamentary seat, his colleagues in the party or coalition will need a simple majority of seats in the House then he can form a govt. Then based on the consensus by all elected representatives or known as Member of Parliament, the King will appoint him as the PM. So our PM and the govt of the day, are not being appointed based on popular votes although if all votes are tallied, total popular votes may have gone to opposition parties.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Since queer is not a politically correct term the Q becomes Questioning. And it is a very large political group.

I introduced the term in light of the video posted. And I thus ask Muslims who want to vote for Obama..do you really know what you are voting for? Is the Democratic Party representing your fundamental belief system.

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

In any form - democracy, communist, Khilafat, kingdoms - there is no replacement for a good leader. So vote for a good leader, not a powerful, wealthy (lacking goodness) person. To reduce leaders to crowd pullers (aka entertainers), is unbecoming for democracy. Actors can do just that!

Brother Hard Rock Moslem: since you like to stand corrected: Is Islamerica's post better?

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum

Finding a good leader to lead is becoming a matter of chance rather than choice. The political parties often fail to spot good candidates. I think we would need mechanisms to convey or regulate the quality of candidates in foray.

This question is for all:
We are in an age where data and metrics are used extensively to make decisions (informed). So does the ballot have an options for the electorate to say (None of the above), we dislike the representatives the parties have chosen for the massess?!

People dont turn up for voting due to many reasons. Two major reasons (data points) of interest are:
I dont care.
I see none there who can take care.

Its the latter that counts.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I'm voting Obama. Although both parties are infiltrated by the Jews, Obama can't seek a third term--which means he won't have to mold his national and foreign policies to please Israel.

Who knows, maybe he'll start a war with Israel :) it'll be soo fun watching yarmulkes flying in the air

SubhanAllah, maybe I'm evil or something, but when I see a Zionist dying, I somehow don't have any sympathy at all.

May Ariel Sharon burn in hell for burying Palestinians to their necks and crushing their heads with his tanks. May Allah give every Palestinian brother and sister the opportunity to watch him and his sympathizers burn right before their eyes.

Sorry for the randomness. VIVA PALESTINE!!!

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Dear sister,

Thank you for taking your trouble to explain. My country election system is based on what left behind by the British colonialist, so I've difficulty to understand US system. So US is not really a democracy (western model) champions? I thought the president being appointed based on popular votes all this while unlike my country, the head of our govt is the Prime Minister, all he needs to do is winning just one parliamentary seat, his colleagues in the party or coalition will need a simple majority of seats in the House then he can form a govt. Then based on the consensus by all elected representatives or known as Member of Parliament, the King will appoint him as the PM. So our PM and the govt of the day, are not being appointed based on popular votes although if all votes are tallied, total popular votes may have gone to opposition parties.

That's the same in my country. And both the parties are corrupted to the core. The best part is which ever party takes power they try their best to eat up all the money of the people. Super-Man abilities I tell you.
That's how it looks in my country. :D

Help The Rich_129.jpg

Mother - Thank you for making me understand. And I thought all the while they were behind the "OIL". Sighhh.! I have to work on my thinking also.!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother Hard Rock Moslem: since you like to stand corrected: Is Islamerica's post better?

Well, perhaps American Muslims should play safe by abstaining from voting. I guess, President of America is influential position not only in US but entire world because the President is also self appointed World Sheriff.

Whoever wants to be on the safe side and abstain from voting is allowed to do so. This response applies only to elections for influential positions.

And Allaah knows best.[/I]

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/3062

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm voting Obama. Although both parties are infiltrated by the Jews, Obama can't seek a third term--which means he won't have to mold his national and foreign policies to please Israel.

Who knows, maybe he'll start a war with Israel :) it'll be soo fun watching yarmulkes flying in the air

SubhanAllah, maybe I'm evil or something, but when I see a Zionist dying, I somehow don't have any sympathy at all.

May Ariel Sharon burn in hell for burying Palestinians to their necks and crushing their heads with his tanks. May Allah give every Palestinian brother and sister the opportunity to watch him and his sympathizers burn right before their eyes.

Sorry for the randomness. VIVA PALESTINE!!!

Brother,

I know Muslims will love Palestine, your expression came due to outpouring of love towards Palestine. That's good. But I don't wish to see anyone suffering from hellfire, because heaven has enough space to countless of people. If I got a chance I will dawah Ariel Sharon too. Allah knows best, if he is destined to be hell dweller, than no body can help him. And US going against Israel? That would be joke of the year!!! The President of US will have to commit suicide if this ever happen.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Assalaam alaikum,

Since queer is not a politically correct term the Q becomes Questioning. And it is a very large political group.

I introduced the term in light of the video posted. And I thus ask Muslims who want to vote for Obama..do you really know what you are voting for? Is the Democratic Party representing your fundamental belief system.

Sister, what about Republican? You said both are two faces from the same coin!!!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Brother Abd_Al_Hadi,

I agree Muslims in US should participate in local elections. The topic here is, should American Muslims vote for US Presidency? If every American Muslims abstain from voting, it will also send signal to the candidates on why Muslims are boycotting and they will try their best to pull back the Muslims into the ballot boxes. Given to the current fierce campaigning between Obama and Romney, I believe both can't effort to lose every single votes. When they come to the Muslims, then the Muslims should lay out their demand for votes.

With all due respect, if Muslims dont vote NO ONE will care.

I am voting for Obama because you do NOT want Romney to be president. I'm actually scared he will make an internment camp for Muslims.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I'm just glad the annoying commercials are going to be over!

Has anyone seen this one for Obama? It's pretty disturbing.

[video=youtube;o6G3nwhPuR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6G3nwhPuR4[/video]

I dont get whats so offensive about this.

Shak78

Dear sister,

You are most welcome brother, many Americans do not understand the political system and its rather complicated. America is more of a Federalist system then democracy. I will not be voting in the Presidential part since I live in California and President Obama will take my states 55 Electoral Votes but the local and state elections are important to me thus why I vote. I will be up on Election night nerding out and watching the results till I have to go to bed so I can be on time to work.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Asslamaliekum,
Please replace that embedd vid with a link along with a note that it contains vid of a lady. I wouldn't like stumbling on images of Women while strolling through threads. :(

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
It is shirk to take part in democratic elections. No Muslim should vote in the US.

Don't go issuing fatwas without any qualifications. Islamic response has already been shared from islamqa.

With all due respect, if Muslims dont vote NO ONE will care.

I am voting for Obama because you do NOT want Romney to be president. I'm actually scared he will make an internment camp for Muslims.

Rmoney may seem more evil and the more aggressive type but they all plan on having internment camps. They have the jails and facilities all prepped up ready for transport and detainment.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Anyhow I am going to watch the three ring circus.

Sister Alf2,

The ad is a piece of propaganda. The butterfly necklace is a sign of a Zionist sex-slave. The clothing of the woman suggests a woman who plays the masculine role in a lesbian relationship..the term butch is the politically incorrect term. The prominence of the tattoo is a reminder that this ad is very anti-Christian. If you listen to the words it is alluding to sex..the first time. It is not even a subliminal message. It is in your face.
Thus by implication to appreciate and agree with this and ad and voting for Obama makes you :
pro-abortion
pro- single sex-union
anti- Christian
slave of the Zionist

remember much research and money has been put into the product.