What do you think of wearing the niqab??

visionusman

being content
i never thought wearing niqab was a bad thing. i don't really know were you get that from. the girl and what
That's because Global Peace is not a woman. He possibly couldn't have considered wearing a niqab (hopefully). I'm sure that does not in any way preclude a non prejudicial debate.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
That's because Global Peace is not a woman. He possibly couldn't have considered wearing a niqab (hopefully). I'm sure that does not in any way preclude a non prejudicial debate.

:salam2:
Akhi GP, i hope u dont wear one lol. because if u do ...the moderator please take note , we need to show him the door of no return .

Noor to shine

If one read islamic history one finds out that the natural thing for muslem women was covering the face ....till the islamic countires were occupied by the west then the first thing women did is to remove the cover from their faces (influenced by some westren way thinker ) then step by step they removed higab . In seeking truth, we should never be influenced by how nonemuslems think or do . Islam is very speical and pure . The purity of hearts depend on what people see by their eyes ....Islam plans for a very pure clear society where the beauty of women is so respected and kept pure .

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!

I agree with you. Wearing niqaab for a child is tooo extreme. I dont want to sound mean but I feel as if those people are trying to show off. There's a girl in my class and she wears niqaab. I mean, she is way too young to wear niqaab!!!! It makes me soo mad because if she was a very very very good muslim then it would have made sense but she is just normal like us and she wears it. I hate it!!!!

:wasalam:

zainab.isci

wearing niqab is a woman's choise,
i dont care what the society think about me ,it is not an obstacle to communicate ,i come accross that people who doesnt like hijabis express their hatred towards niqabis because its easier so attack niqabis ..by saying extremist !!or saying bad words..
niqabi sisters must be sure of their intentions,we are wearing it for the sake of Allah swt,to follow the wives and the doughters of the Prophet (pbuh).alhamdoulillah i am wearing it & i am lovin it:)
:hawla:
ma'assalaam

mujahidamuslima

Salafi Muslima
bismiLlahi arRahmani arRahim

wearing niqab is a woman's choise,
i dont care what the society think about me ,it is not an obstacle to communicate ,i come accross that people who doesnt like hijabis express their hatred towards niqabis because its easier so attack niqabis...by saying extremist !! or saying bad words...
niqabi sisters must be sure of their intentions,we are wearing it for the sake of Allah swt,to follow the wives and the doughters of the Prophet (pbuh).alhamdoulillah i am wearing it & i am lovin it

I agree with you, sister!! Mashaa Allah!! :ma:

salamsister

Asalamu Alaikum

I've seen lots of differnt views here, alhamdulilah. I wear a niqab, and I don't find issue with it at all. If a girl is 12 and chooses to wear it, she should not be made not to, just to go to public school.

One sister said that she gets respect when she wears it and I can realate to that. People in the west might look at me a bit strangly but for the most part they seem to show respect for my choice.

nizar83

aselemu aleikum,

as im a man i wont say i would wear 1 if ALLAH ta3ala had created me a woman..thats too easy.

what i do want to say is, if a muslim girl wears sexy clothes, g string etc etc all the garbage clothing mtv tries to make us believe its ok to wear these days---than its ok..a person is allowed to wear whatever he or she wants to...but as soon as a person choses to be dressed properly..according to the laws ALLAH has set for us..then this is oppression an this is bad and shocking...mashallah what an egoistic and filthy world we live in nowadays.

ALLAH´S law is perfect for mankind, and will eventually bring peace and justice to all mankind, the law´s set by men on the other hand...we clearly see that those rules bring othing but more chaos and filth into every society

justcelebre

Salam,

I read all the comments posted by everyone and MashaAllah, I feel like wearing niqab now. I've been wanting to wear it for awhile now but I guess I have to make a lot of changes in my life before wearing it (like getting rid of some clothes etc!). Plus, my parents are not too keen about me wearing it anyways.. insyaAllah in the future. I've never gotten the privelege of getting to know someone wearing a niqab but I'm glad that a few sisters here do wear it and I get to know first hand from them :)

To add to whatever that is being mentioned, I feel that even our own muslims are not supportive of our muslims women wearing niqab. A few times, I used the niqab just to see how I would look like with it, and when I asked some of my muslim sisters (not one, but many!) what do they think of me wearing it, their response was: You look like a terrorist! Don't use it!

It's disheartening to get such a response especially coming from your own Muslim people! I wonder how our Ummah is ever going to progress if we are still stereotyping each other this way...

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Another great topic and good discussion (atleast in the first two pages that i've read)

There is beauty in wearing niqaab
Aye, there is piety in wearing niqaab.

a_stranger

a very big gap

:salam2: brothers and sisters
I believe that there is a very big gap between what the moral values of Islam and the morality which goveren our world nowadays ....a very big gap ...Islam calls people to have a very high standered of purity and clear hearts to come closer to Allah (something can be felt not told) while media and moderen value never think or dream about such values that is why people feel that niqab is strange or ubnormal ....We muslems need to lift ourselves to the high standered of our religion and try to feel the same way as the companians of the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam ( full purity only for moments) to understand why the wifes of the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam were asked to completly cover and for sure their way is the best and Allah swt knows best.

shichemlydia

trial to answer

salam alikoum,
i listened to a TV program by sheikh mohamed el arifi proadcast on IQRAA TV, he gave something like 20 arguments to emphasis the duty of niquab, i really was convinced . the arguments were authentic, and based on saheeh hadiths.

yes, niqab is the perfect protection to women, they can see, but cannot be seen and recognised, if my wife one day wants to wear it, i will be very happy with that. that is part from the husband's honor.
wa salam alikoum

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Many authentic scholars said that women should wear Niqab, Honestly i agree..

I really think it would be for the best of women to do so.

But i have nothing againt women who chose not to wear it.

Pharma_Sister

Asalaamoalaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatuhu.

I've read most of the comments made by the brothers and sisters above and I'd have to say that to be honest it is the choice of the Muslimah: Does she want to be closer to her Lord by carrying out this deed that was practiced by Wives of our beloved Prophet (SAW) and the Sahabiya or not? It's just another act of worship.

I honestly don't think that it is oppressive or anything negative, it's just that ppl in the West don't understand and most don't want to understand. It kinda reminds me of something I read, that ppl become defensive and oppressive towards someone when you tell them to do something that is morally and religious correct. This is basically because Shaytaan is influencing them to hold fast to what they enjoy in this dunya and reject what is being said. People do not want to go through hardships and doing what is morally and religious correct in this dunya will involve facing hardships, but one must remember that this dunya is just a sweet fantasy and we are a traveller here. Our real home is the hereafter and Inshallah Jannah.

I live in the West and I wore the Niqaab for a day and I have to say that SubhanAllah I felt like my Hijaab was complete and I was being protected by Allah SWA and pleasing Him. Unfortunately since then I have not been able to put on the Niqaab full-time due to major objections being made by people close to me, but Alhamdulillah the intention is still there, and Inshallah I'll put it on soon (Ameen).

I pray that Allah SWA Guides us all along the right path and grants us into the Gates of Jannah on the Day of Judgement, Ameen.

Wasalaamoalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.