What does women and driving have to do with Islam?

justoneofmillion

Wa Aleikum assalmu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Well,maybe because it was obvious that she deserved it:lol:

I would rather let Stevie Wonder take a ride than that women in the clip,She would be swearing at everybody.It would be like releasing Kungfu Panda :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:hahahahah

PS.Did you watch "Police state 4"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klqv9t1zVww

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:shymuslima1:those video were very bad,in the sense that I was really touched from the scens.it's so bad to be trated like a criminal,menacad and offended Above all in fron of the children.italians are maybe racist,but they rarely use the force over a woman who drives.I think I'll stop driving for my surety and that of my children,it can't never know what could it happen.jazak Allahu khair for the videos.

JenGiove

Clip #1...the correct procedure for NOT pulling over immediately for a police man is to place your hazard lights on, drive UNDER the speed limit until you get off the highway into a populated area. The police man used excessive force.

Clip #2...The teen was CLEARLY resisting arrest. Pepper spray is non lethal. My own husband had to be pepper sprayed as part of his training so that he would know what it felt like.

Clip #3...NEVER get out of the car after giving your license and registration over. It protects the police man since he has his back to the vehicle and could have been shot.

The police man does not have control over the tape. She has to refute charge in court. Half the time the police officers never show up in court for speeding ticket citations anyways.

One the police man decides to place you under arrest, do not try to get back into the car..he doesn't know if you will try to take off, thus starting a car chase and possibly injuring yourself or others.

He followed correct procedure when using the tazer. The electrical current interrupts the nerve signals from reaching your brain by causing your muscles to contract, which is what causes the pain. The moment the electricity is turned off, it stops. My husband experienced that for work as well, by CHOICE..so that he would understand and respect the tazer.

Clip #4..Dear ole granny was ignoring the commands and was disobeying his instructions. She started to fight him.

All these people knew the law, knew what they were doing wrong and did it anyways.

Until you know our laws and how and WHY they are in place, you can not judge them as wrong.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Clip #1...the correct procedure for NOT pulling over immediately for a police man is to place your hazard lights on, drive UNDER the speed limit until you get off the highway into a populated area. The police man used excessive force.

Clip #2...The teen was CLEARLY resisting arrest. Pepper spray is non lethal. My own husband had to be pepper sprayed as part of his training so that he would know what it felt like.

Clip #3...NEVER get out of the car after giving your license and registration over. It protects the police man since he has his back to the vehicle and could have been shot.

The police man does not have control over the tape. She has to refute charge in court. Half the time the police officers never show up in court for speeding ticket citations anyways.

One the police man decides to place you under arrest, do not try to get back into the car..he doesn't know if you will try to take off, thus starting a car chase and possibly injuring yourself or others.

He followed correct procedure when using the tazer. The electrical current interrupts the nerve signals from reaching your brain by causing your muscles to contract, which is what causes the pain. The moment the electricity is turned off, it stops. My husband experienced that for work as well, by CHOICE..so that he would understand and respect the tazer.

Clip #4..Dear ole granny was ignoring the commands and was disobeying his instructions. She started to fight him.

All these people knew the law, knew what they were doing wrong and did it anyways.

Until you know our laws and how and WHY they are in place, you can not judge them as wrong.

That doesn't change the fact that these are women and the police man has guns and protection and on top of all that he is much more stronger! sorry but these videos just shows that there's no mercy for people even if they are just women who pose no threat. There was no need to put that woman from the third clip on the ground like that and tazer her in front of her kids. He put even more danger on the kids. What if one of them panicked and tried to help his/her mother and got of out the car and the police got scared and shot at the kid. there would've been more damage. I just think most policemen are insensitive. When they stop people, they will hold a bright flashlight right into the eyes without warning even if they can see person's face.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Good driving is not so much about skills but attitude. Skills are important, but attitude is the most important!

In the UK, I dont think the women particularly drove any worse than the men. The teaching is the same and people have to go through quite a bit of vigorous training to pass the tests.

The quality of driving is really, REALLY bad in the Middle East. There is a totally different skill level and also mindset. Some of this is to do with the training and examination, and some of it is to do with culture. There are major differences in nearly every part of life, from driving to school teaching, to hospitals.. and unfortunately, the differences are negative rather than positive.

As for driving, people almost never give way, they brake late, they accelerate everywhere. Everyone is in a big big rush. They have no patience. Everyone likes to be the king of the road. - Those who afford bigger cars, believe they have more right to the road than others. People weave in and out between cars, it is extremely dangerous.

I know several people, yes, several who have died from car crashes in the Middle East. - One died on the road from Saudi Arabia to Syria. His car was a mangled wreck.. It had collided with a truck. He died instantly. I was shown the video of it by his family. Very sad.

Another was a brother who also died in Kuwait.

In Jordan, along the roads or on roundabouts, the police used to put the remains of severely smashed cars on display, to warn people. - I believe they have removed these.. Perhaps it creates a bad image.

The problem, from what I feel stems from ignorance and arrogance. Oh and the women drive much worse than the men in Jordan. Its a sad sight. :) Plus they enslave their men who dont earn much to buy them cars, because they want to keep up with the other school moms who all drive the latest mercedes G class or Porsche jeeps, but thats a different story.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I didn't say they are wrong I just said in a short way what you described '' you go against the law you get those.''

You said he followed the correct procedure was it stun mode or dart mode?

I respect those laws especially by a Police State that allows to taze a pregnant woman.

Obey me or Zrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

This thread about driving (and other related issues) reminds me of how some people drive in Pakistan (people will know who have experienced it or know about it).

Similar to how brother Mabsoot described. (People having races on two lane roads, with oncoming traffic, we can't lose face/honour now can we despite the risk being posed).

Sadly, someone in our related family passed away recently because of a dangerous motorcyclist using the unofficial footpath area of the road, running over that person who was trying to help a driver who had broken down. To Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) we belong and to Him we shall return.

However the quality of the roads is extremely bad as well. The thought of the mountainous roads scares me still - as those who will know, they are extremely narrow and from my experience people still drive fast on those roads. I remember when we went in a smallish coach, I purposefully sat in the front in case anything happened so I could quickly exit (however the exit was on the wrong side, i.e., if you exited you would fall off the mountain, lol). Ughh, the thought of sitting at the back. The problem was further enhanced because the driver was driving at fast speeds even though if he messed up at any time, that was it.

Not to go off topic but I have been itching to know where this particular road is and I only have a description of it because I remember it as a kid although it could have been a dream, lol. The road travels around a mountain, so you drive in a circle, travelling up or down the mountain, the centre of it is simply a hole, the higher you go up, the bigger the hole/bottom. (The only clue I have is that it could be near Egypt - Cairo). The reason why I remember it like this is because we were in this Hiace and I was sat near the door and I could see this bottomless pit, really scared that if the Hiace veered off, that was it. It was probably a dream. Does anyone know of such a road?

I realise the above is random but it kinda relates.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Not A Big Deal Not To Drive!

:salam2:

I just read yet another news article discussing Saudi women not being able to drive. IT says a Saudi woman was arrested because she disobeyed the laws and drove and encouraged other women to do the same thing in her country. Now most of the non-Muslims hearing about this news are blaming Islam of being a backward, barbaric religion! of course nothing new, but still subhanalaah! Just gets me annoyed to see our beautiful religion being blamed for every little mistake that happens. This is the one thing I don't understand about Saudi Arabia, what does Islam have to do with women driving? I really don't think that rule has anything to do with Islam. The main concern is that the women will drive to haraam places and mix with men, one does not only have to drive to do haraam things, they can do it anywhere @ anytime. The other thing is these women are adults and should be responsible for their own actions--that's what the authorities are missing.

Is this law forbidding women really Islamic? it's seems to be more traditional than Islamic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
"O you who believe! (Qur'an 4:59).
Obey Allah swt and obey the Messenger and those in authority (Ulul-Amr)
from among you (min kum)."

Leave the matter to the authority!
Nobody knows what best for their country except their authority.
They have their best reason
and everybody ought to respect that.

Like wise,
If the respective woman have the urge
and so very great interest to drive,
they can still do so like
1: Getting the skill (law and regulation):For very emergency case!!!

2.International License to drive.

3: Drive outside Saudi Arabiah
or any other part of the world that allow so.

4.Getting GTA and big projector screen.(highly recommend)

5. Propose for a good safe circuit track for girls/women owned only.

It not like the end of the world when one doesn't get behind the wheel
It not a big deal too.

To have somebody drive for you meaning:
they are honored,
respected
and their well being are taken care of~Masha'allah!
Not everybody get this kind of attention.

Watch this:
V
Some Car explode with no good reason too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9p4dECwmms
[yt]r9p4dECwmms[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTXz_TlCo3k&feature=related
[yt]XTXz_TlCo3k[/yt]

And
Allah swt Knows Best!
~May Allah swt help and guide us~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

JenGiove

Some interesting facts

I don't know how correct this was according to the Sunnah and Hadith but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States#Native_American_religious_practice

In 2006 Keith Ellison of Minnesota became the first Muslim elected to Congress; when re-enacting his swearing-in for photos, he used the copy of the Qur'an once owned by Thomas Jefferson.
Only three presidential candidates for major parties have been Catholics, all for the Democratic party:

• Alfred E. Smith in presidential election of 1928 was hammered with anti-Catholic rhetoric, which seriously hurt him in the Baptist areas of the South and Lutheran areas of the Midwest, but he did well in the Catholic urban strongholds of the Northeast.
  • John F. Kennedy secured the Democratic presidential nomination in 1960. In the 1960 election, Kennedy faced accusations that as a Roman Catholic President he would do as the Pope would tell him to do, a charge that Kennedy refuted in a famous address to Protestant ministers.
  • John Kerry won the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004. In the 2004 election, but religion was scarcely an issue, and most Catholics voted for his Protestant opponent.[72]
Joe Biden is the first Catholic vice president.[73]

The only Jewish major party candidate was Joe Lieberman in the Gore-Lieberman campaign of 2000 (although John Kerry and Barry Goldwater both had Jewish ancestry).
On that same page, there is this huge graph which has some interesting numbers. I tried to transfer it to here but it got all jumbled so I made note of only a couple facts. Please see the graph for greater understanding.

The United States government does not collect religious data in its census. The survey below, the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) 2008, was a random digit-dialed telephone survey of 54,461 American residential households in the contiguous United States. The 1990 sample size was 113,723; 2001 sample size was 50,281.

Adult respondents were asked the open-ended question, "What is your religion, if any?" Interviewers did not prompt or offer a suggested list of potential answers. The religion of the spouse or partner was also asked. If the initial answer was "Protestant" or "Christian" further questions were asked to probe which particular denomination. About one third of the sample was asked more detailed demographic questions.

Religious Self-Identification of the U.S. Adult Population: 1990, 2008 (I did not include 2001)

Group: Adults population total
1990 (x1000):175,440
2008 (x1000):207,983

Adult population, Responded

1990 (x1000): 171,409
2008 (x1000): 196,683

Change in % of total adults: -2.9%

Total Christian (this group was subdivided greater than I included here):
1990 (x1000):151,225
2008 (x1000):173,402

Change in % of total adults: -10.2%

Catholic:
1990 (x1000): 46,004
2008 (x1000): 57,199

Change in % of total adults: -1.2%

non-Catholic Christian:
1990 (x1000): 105,221
2008 (x1000): 116,203

Change in % of total adults: -9.0%

Total non-Christian religions:
1990 (x1000): 5,853
2008 (x1000): 8,796

Change in % of total adults: 0.5%

Total non-Christian religions:
1990 (x1000): 5,853
2008 (x1000): 8,796

Change in % of total adults: 0.5%

Jewish:
1990 (x1000): 3,137
2008 (x1000): 2,680

Change in % of total adults: -0.6%

Muslim:
1990 (x1000): 527
2008 (x1000): 1,349

Change in % of total adults: 0.3%

Highlights:

1. The ARIS 2008 survey was carried out during February–November 2008 and collected answers from 54,461 respondents who were questioned in English or Spanish.
  2. The American population self-identifies as predominantly Christian but Americans are slowly becoming less Christian.
    • 86% of American adults identified as Christians in 1990 and 76% in 2008.
    • The historic Mainline churches and denominations have experienced the steepest declines while the non-denominational Christian identity has been trending upward particularly since 2001.
    • The challenge to Christianity in the U.S. does not come from other religions but rather from a rejection of all forms of organized religion.
  3. 34% of American adults considered themselves "Born Again or Evangelical Christians" in 2008.
  4. The U. S. population continues to show signs of becoming less religious, with one out of every seven Americans failing to indicate a religious identity in 2008.
    • The "Nones" (no stated religious preference, atheist, or agnostic) continue to grow, though at a much slower pace than in the 1990s, from 8.2% in 1990, to 14.1% in 2001, to 15.0% in 2008.
    • Asian Americans are substantially more likely to indicate no religious identity than other racial or ethnic groups.
  5. One sign of the lack of attachment of Americans to religion is that 27% do not expect a religious funeral at their death.
  6. Based on their stated beliefs rather than their religious identification in 2008, 70% of Americans believe in a personal God, roughly 12% of Americans are atheist (no God) or agnostic (unknowable or unsure), and another 12% are deistic (a higher power but no personal God).
  7. America's religious geography has been transformed since 1990. Religious switching along with Hispanic immigration has significantly changed the religious profile of some states and regions. Between 1990 and 2008, the Catholic population proportion of the New England states fell from 50% to 36% and in New York it fell from 44% to 37%, while it rose in California from 29% to 37% and in Texas from 23% to 32%.
  8. Overall the 1990–2008 ARIS time series shows that changes in religious self-identification in the first decade of the 21st century have been moderate in comparison to the 1990s, which was a period of significant shifts in the religious composition of the United States.