Why did not the Muslims help the Libyans?

Hatty

Instead of attacking the international community for riding the wave of the uprising in North Africa and the Middle East -

Why the Muslims all over the world did not take the initiative to stand up for their brothers and sisters in Libya and extend the helping hand to them?

Why did they stay idle while their sisters were being raped by mercenaries?

Why now they are feeling sorry for an evil tyrant who invented new methods of torture to experiment on the Libyan people?

They did nothing but talk on forums and attack and blah blah blah....?

Is it because all our countries are ruled by traitors?

Why, why and why?

Ask yourself this question? Think about it after you have finished your prayer in a dark room? Before you write anything online? What did you do to help your Muslim brothers and sisters in Libya? All you do is blah blah blah...

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I can understand your frustration, however I have learned that one can only give what one has. Many in the Muslim world are also dealing with their own dictators and oppressive governments, which makes it very difficult to take care of ones own problems and that of others. People may not have been physically able to go and give support to the beautiful people of Libya but many Muslims and non-Muslims spoke up against the barbarity of the Qaddafi regime. I think many of us would've wanted to go and help, but we also have responsibilities that we have to take care of first. We have bills, jobs, children etc. It's better that our hearts were with the people of Libya, than to not be there or not thinking about them.

esperanza

revert of many years
Instead of attacking the international community for riding the wave of the uprising in North Africa and the Middle East -

Why the Muslims all over the world did not take the initiative to stand up for their brothers and sisters in Libya and extend the helping hand to them?

Why now they are feeling sorry for an evil tyrant who invented new methods of torture to experiment on the Libyan people?

Why, why and why?

Ask yourself this question? Think about it after you have finished your prayer in a dark room? Before you write anything online? What did you do to help your Muslim brothers and sisters in Libya? All you do is blah blah blah...

yes iagree brother,,,people are so obsessed with hatred of western countries and angry at some arab ountries involvement with them..that they forget the suffering of their fellow muslims

and the same is happening with syria

and there no big gains to be had..so the west will leave them suffer..and arab countries dont want to unsettle the wider region

god help them

Idris16

Why, why and why?

I helped Libya by making Du`a. What's funny is that many Libyans didnt even rebel against Gaddhafi because of his kufr. They rebelled because of his oppression. I have questions for you.

1. Who is the leader of Libya now?
2. What are the beliefs of the NTC?
3. What role will Libya play in ''The War on Terror''?
4. How's the Libyan Mukhabarat now?

I find it sick that by removing Taghuts.. we'll get new Taghuts in place!

Disclaimer: Brother Idris don't like the Tawâghît such as Gaddhafi. So do not say Brother Idris liked Gaddhafi.

:salam2:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

A'oodhu Billahi Minas-Shaitan ar-Rajeem!

Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest.” [ Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim ]

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Alex87

UmmJamal

Why, why and why?

Where are you brother? Did you go to Libya? If not, take the initiative now and go to Syria, or Yemen...it's up to you :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Everyone stop for one minute.

None is really looking at this from the big picture.

It is not an issue of east or west. It is a bigger issue. The issue of east/west is only about money and power.

We, Muslims, are so involved with money and power. By tomorrow I will read about the number of Pakistanis that will be killed as the US gets ready to invade Pakistan.

We have forgotten to be Muslim. We are scared of the word jihad. We would pee in our pants before we would use the word jihad.

In a very simple sense when we are complacent about our faith we can live under non-Islamic rules.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as salam 'alaikum warahamatu-llah

being unaware of other's intention, one can make any judgement.
why are we not respectful to others? just because of what?

how can we become so judgmental,

how we know that being in this very same forum, same thread, people have not helped their brothers and sister, round the world? how can we say that? wa-llahi we are become so judgmental.

and how we know or who knows, that who are writing here, they are not praying to get the chance to help their brothers and sister. praying to Allah to give them the tawfeeq, the chance, to make them the opportunity to help their brother and sister?
dont we know whats the situation?

dont we know why it is happening, why the "international" community is interested in helping us.

and if like these issues our brothers and sisters get apart, from where our other brothers and sister would get the courage to stand up? and where is the need for maintaining an Islamic forum?

a single issue, i saw two section so far, and now I can not stand for more to see the forth to come.

and we still shout for unity.

may Allah help us to attain sabr, may Allah help us to understand His religion, the wisdom behind whats going on

and help us to understand our brothers and sisters, with a better understanding.

wa-llahu ta'la a'lam
wassalamun 'alaika

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Muslims helpalso Libya but they might not make it big issue in every forums.

You can help too via charity organizations.

A-believer-25

Not just Libya, but Palestine, Iraq and all other Muslim countries as well. Muslims are just sitting back and not doing anything.

we should at least make du'a, inshallah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Harb,

You raise a good point. In the US many are afraid to donate to Muslim charities because of the what has happened to many good people who gave in zakat and are now behind bars.

uddim004

i was watching a video on youtube regarding demonstrations and protests.
here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/OneWayToParadise#p/c/780492DEFC2AB4B0/0/iQ7mxpBXCyQ

from what i have understood the people in libya are fighting in the name of democracy and not in the name of islam. based on this what the people are doing is not right. but i also got information from bbc and they arn't the most reliable so i'm not fully sure what to believe.

Hatty

i was watching a video on youtube regarding demonstrations and protests.
here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/OneWayToParadise#p/c/780492DEFC2AB4B0/0/iQ7mxpBXCyQ

from what i have understood the people in libya are fighting in the name of democracy and not in the name of islam. based on this what the people are doing is not right. but i also got information from bbc and they arn't the most reliable so i'm not fully sure what to believe.

It has already been declared by Mustafa Abdu AlJaleel that Shariah is going to be the source of law in Libya.

For the brother above asking me where am I from and I should go to Syria or Yemen - Brother I am a Libyan.

Idris16

For the brother above asking me where am I from and I should go to Syria or Yemen - Brother I am a Libyan.
SubhânAllâh akhî, I hope I have misunderstood you. Did you mean that you help your own people and not Yemenis, Syrians, Afghans, Somalis or whatever? Help those who are Muslims, even if they are white and have blue eyes. I wont discuss more inshaAllah about Libya. Because the Arab regimes are basically the same, whether they remove a ruler or not, they are still the same.

esperanza

revert of many years
SubhânAllâh akhî, I hope I have misunderstood you. Did you mean that you help your own people and not Yemenis, Syrians, Afghans, Somalis or whatever? Help those who are Muslims, even if they are white and have blue eyes. I wont discuss more inshaAllah about Libya. Because the Arab regimes are basically the same, whether they remove a ruler or not, they are still the same.

sadly it seems were all losing sight of important things...and that inludes me
were arguing becoming divided judgemental even in this forum

and we complain about muslims unity worldwide

yes muslims should care for and try to help and stand up for the sake of muslims everywhere

we are all quick to judge arabs non arabs /pro western anti western /dictators weak rulers /good muslims bad muslims...

we all have to stop judging and stop raising one country one leader one nation as better

look what sister harb wrote //iam finnish iam plaestinian iam somialian i am bangledeshi etc..thats how it should be

so lets start here

none of us are perfect, none of us live in perfect countries with perfect leaders,,so we have to accept that and try to improve things..starting with ourselves

may Allah forgive us all and help us to be better muslims ..whether white or black arab or asian reverts or born muslims.....:tti_sister:

Hatty

Yes you have misunderstood me. Which you are not supposed to do. You should always assume a positive interpretation and not a negative one. As Muslims, we should help all our bothers and sisters - Muslims and non-Muslims - who are oppressed and need help.

You are right the Arab regimes have been the same. Not only the Arab regimes brother. All the regimes which were installed after WW2. This included almost all Muslim countries.

But Inshallah, with God's help those regimes will fall, and justice and freedom according to Islam will prevail.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Presently we Muslims are busy in two matters,deepening already existing Sectarianism and Inter-Community Dawah.

The preciousness of a Muslim life has been now left to the concerned family alone and Ummah has completely detached itself from responsibility towards fellow Muslims.

Lastly Muslims love puppet game show,not to cast a puppet game show but to renders themselves as puppets.

Regards.

Hatty

Assalamu Alaikum:

Presently we Muslims are busy in two matters,deepening already existing Sectarianism and Inter-Community Dawah.

The preciousness of a Muslim life has been now left to the concerned family alone and Ummah has completely detached itself from responsibility towards fellow Muslims.

Lastly Muslims love puppet game show,not to cast a puppet game show but to renders themselves as puppets.

Regards.

You are right brother. We are busy attacking each other and passing judgement on each other, instead of taking the initiative to support each other and help each other.

We are divided and do not help each other when we are in need. then when we are forced to seek help from non-Muslims, straight away we are attacked. As if seeking help from non-Muslim is prohibited in Islam.

I also believe that there are members here who are posing as Muslims and they are not Muslims. They are trying to plant the seeds of fitnah between the Muslims. I have observed some kind of analysis of the news and of some of the posts which is similar to the analysis used by those who are twisting the religion of Islam out of context.

I am familiar of this kind of analysis used by non-Muslims. and I see similarities in some of the posts here.

May Allah enable us to return to the Sunnah and grant us the proper understanding of His religion. Ameen...

Alex87

UmmJamal
SubhânAllâh... whether they remove a ruler or not, they are still the same.

Totally agree, but i really hope that Libya, Egypt, Tunis etc can get on their feet after this...as for Libya the last 40 odd years wouldn't have happened if they didn't support "democracy" in the first place by ousting their King and true ruler-Just my personal opinion that democratic regimes are corrupt in many countries anyway.
Insha'allah Saleh and Assad might take note of Gadaffis death but I really doubt it, power hungry men given disposable wealth who have come from nowhere with nothing-what do you expect?