Women women and WOMEN !!!!!!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

:salam2: dear sister

I only wish to give my opinion regarding not letting you go in Masjid for salah, because Alhamdulillah that is not from Islaam and Islamic teaching. Although our Prophet Mohammed salahu alayha wa saalam said that it is better for Muslim woman to pray in her home, he did not forbid us and said that we can never pray in Masjid along other Muslims. Islam requairs of us justice and not forbiding something that Allah has made halal,and Allah knows the best.

I know that Allah obligated us Hijaab and Alhamdulilah I wear proper Hijaab and cover myselfe for the sake of Allah, but it it making me upset and sad that some Muslim man stare and not low thier gaze even if I wear proper Hijaab. :shymuslima1:. Allah knows Only how much this is making me upset, because some of Muslim man forget that lowering of gaze is command of Allah, except it is not case with the first look.

But I again advice first myselfe and than you dear sister that you try to think less about this and not let Shaytan affect on your eman and your role as Muslim woman, because every Muslim is responsable only for his own actions. Islaam is perfect Alhamdulilah, but unfortunatly Muslims who practise are not, and only what we can do is to advice each others with sabr and patience for the sake of Allah, because Allah is advicing us that we aways keep sabr as Shyataan can use our anger against us,and behind patience is success for our Ummah.

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen Ya Allah.

:wasalam:

abu'muhammad

Asssalamu alaykum,

sister faaraa, thanks for the thread ..And all we can do is to make duaa here as May Allaah ta’ala give the correct understanding to our men and women inshaAllaah and they can live with their due rights and respect without creating any animosity. Sometimes there is a healthy concern for the other gender, which goes for both men and women and nothing else. In that case they must not take that too hard.

---
edit -

Here are some very good writings from the scholars on the 'status and position of women in society' and answers some of the concerns posted on. I hope the viewers may benefit with it.

auroran

:salam2:

I guess it depends where you're from. I live in Canada, and there are Muslims who are in urgent need of dawah, especially some sisters. I agree with brother helpinghumanity, our hijaab is dawah to Muslims, and even the kuffar ask me about hijaab.

Men need dawah too, but, again, it depend where you're from. The problem for them is pants below ankles here, but I'm not sure if some of my classmates reached accountability yet.

I don't know what gives them the authority to change everything. Once you're calmed down, inform them of what they're doing and it's not right, also not to follow their desires.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

Hope my brothers and sisters are doing good with the help of Allah Azzawajal..

Time and the days makes me think on this issue...... and I am really IRRITATED and disappointed May Allah Azzawajal Protect me Aameen...

I am posting this thread here, to have a mutual discussion... Hope it will not be closed.. Insha Allah...

For the past few days, I was receiving mails from my contacts which were mostly highlighting on the warnings of Allah Azzawajal for the Muslimahs who cross their boundaries....

and on the bottom of the mail they say, that the women should know their boundaries....orelse Allah's curse would fall on this society....

So I started to think this way...

Sadly most of the Muslim men think that it would be enough if the Muslim women are pure and spiritual....to build up a healthy society..

They think that Hijab, modesty and shyness are ONLY meant for women..

Yes most of them think that way !!!!

Every one talks about our sisters' Hijab... how many of us know about the Hijab which is there for our Brothers???

In almost all the Khutbah sermons, they say that ladies should be protected (good Alhamdulillah), and they ask the audience to look at the streets where our sisters are moving around every where...
and they say that the Muslim ladies should not have technology knowledge and they should be guarded 100% when they use internet and other communication tools !!!

They fire up and striving there level best to protect the sisters...

THINKING THAT GUYS ARE SAINTS !!!!

Amazing formula..

Just tel me brothers and sisters....

How many Khutba sermons have declared the rulings which are there for the brothers' garment??? how many of them know that their lower garment can take them to hell if they let it touch their anklets ???????

How many awareness lines are uttered towards the guys who are behaving worst than animals on the streets????

Every one knows the rulings of our sisters' Hijab... How many Khutba sermons have we come across which says about Our brothers' BEARD???????

How many???

This is irritating....

I hate this type of people... Irritating.....

I am sorry.. But this is available in out society... A BITTER TRUTH

Just ... want to know your views, and discussions..

I am sick of this society.....

Islam is beautiful Alhamdulillah... but the people who are practicing it, make it irritated by saying this and that...

I really hate them..YET LOVE THEM FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH

Just share your views with me.. and realize that I am looking forward for a mutual and cool discussion, without any misunderstandings Insha Allah and plz do correct me if I am wrong...

:girl3: really irritating u knw.....

As-salam 'alaikum warahamtu-llah

ah, why so angry?
who sent the e-mails and why u have to look over it!

forget this, sister, none of us I guess thing so, let the 'most of the people' think whatever they think, why we need to bother about them!

most of the people thinks us as extremist, the great population , great great power are saying against us, so do we need to be bothered?

no!
if we do so, we gonna loose to ourselves and also shaytan.

may Allah azza wa jal protect us and protect us from the fitna

Allahu musta'an

wassalamu 'alaikum warahamtu-llah

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I live in Italy and the only ones who look at me without lowering their sight are all those arabic women who claim to muslims,who see how I dress hijab,while they don't!!!!many times I asked why don't they wear hijab,and they find thousands of excuses...on the other hand,muslim men,don't use neither to shake the hands with a muslim like me...but I know that in some cases they shake their hands and kiss the face of a woman,and this is against Islam

bari

This is the sisters issue, I do not want to comment. Just to remind, whos is the first shaheed in Islam? A woman (Sumayya). The hadith narrated by any sahabiat never classified as weak! What more our women/sisters want? SubhanaAllah you are the jewels of Islam (perhaps you do not know).
My mother is my mother beacause she gave birth to me, and Khadijah and Aisha are my mother because Alllah said so. Allah has give so much blessing to muslim woman. Going to Jannah is so much easier for woman (according to hadith, they need to do only 4 things for garanteed jannah. So obey Allah best you can.

Yes, the beard is Wajib for brothers accoding to the majority of the scholars! So, brothers need to be remined too!. Sometimes it becomes huaman nature to talk about woman in Khutba, forgive those brothers please!

aisha16

I can understand the frustration your feeling..I used to
Have the same thoughts too. I don't know
I think the whole world would be a better place if everyone focused on fixing themselves. It would make more sense that way but that's not the reality. Look at the state of the world today..a lot of busy bodies right? :D hope you find ur solution sis

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Well,I guess because some lecturers might be scared,because it is easier to make a woman speak than to make her stay quite.So when they lecture about them ,they listen.If they start doing too many lectures on brothers, the Imam might end up loosing his Job,because the women might jump to the Minbar(Pulpit) to lecture in his place for hours, when it comes to brother bashing,it might be for Job I mean economical reason,ever thought about that?:biggrin:

Am Just joking TTIers relax,I tend to agree with the feminist tendencies that have already been expressed in the thread, in moderation of course fairness ,fairness.

In a war the first targets are women,there might be various reasons to that,they have generally more vanity than man because of the societies pressure, this is a long subject.

Briefly,a man will pay €2 for a €1 item he wants. A woman will pay €1 for a €2 item that she doesn't want.

Wallahu Aalam wa Alaa wa ahkam.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum.

I totally understand what you're talking about. When I lived in Sri Lanka, we had to go through the same thing as well. We only got to go to the masjids for Eid or Ramadan. And even then, the sermon was always about the sisters and everything negative about their hijab. The sisters in my neighborhood even wore hijab properly, while most of the young brothers could be seen drinking and what not after 9 in the night. Just saying.

But it kinda makes sense.. Maybe the brothers are just trying to look out for the sisters? But that doesn't mean men aren't in need of reminders when it comes to modesty/dress codes etc.. We may not be perfect, but Islam sure is, and there is no place for double-standards. :)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Everything in its place, I do believe that women are the starting point of any social decline/degeneration, hence it really can't be emphasised enough, if you fix the women you solve a LOT of issues in society.

Instead of seeing it as an attack, why not let the advice be a source of change for you? Take the concern the Muslims have for your imaan/Islaamic character, as their Muslim sister, as a positive thing, not a negative thing why not?

As for the brothers, no doubt there are issues there. A lot of the time though, they change when women change. Its always the women who influence and dictate change in most cases, be that for the better or the worse, we hope always for the better obviously.

Entirely my theory/understanding ^ feel free to disagree ..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is a day to celebrate mothers in the US. And I had one of the best days of my life.
So baby girl..where are your wonderful photographs.

I read so much gloom and doom and 400 kilometer in diameter whirlpools in the middle of one ocean..and radioactive plutonium mixing with seawater causing hydrogen explosions..and people driving over others to interview for a job at McDonald's....

my eyes need to see the beautiful way you see the world..
let the menfolk to their business...

show us your beauty..afterall springtime is almost paradise.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
May Allah st help us all~Amin!

:bismillah:

:ma:

Do not forget to always refer to the holy qur'an for guide.

"Allah swt has raised ranks of those who believe among you and who has the knowledge. (Al-Mujadalah: 11):

Being advance in Technologies as form of getting up to date is advice to all muslim(male and female)

As being backward and to be left behind in information is not recommend
as it only adding to disadvantages and backdated and lacking of knowledge!
This should be avoid.

A muslim should always be well equipped for Duniawi & Ukhrawi(This world and here after)

Alhamdulillah!
Thankful that there's somebody to correct and guide
like looking after our
sisters and vice verse as we too are to be watchful for our brothers.

We are one ummah!!!
Straightening each other in correct way is our business~Masha'allah!
~May Allah swt help and guide us always~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam .

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:Well,I guess because it is easier to make a woman speak than to make her stay quite.

Wa allaicumu sallam wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

Are you sure dear brother that this is correct and that it only applies to women, becouse there are also many brothers (men) who talk quite a loot. :)

And Allah knows the best

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

masihuddin

It is a MAN society in the Muslim countries which explains the emphasis placed on the women for being modest whereas Allah S.W.T,has directed all believing men and wommen to be modest and lower their eyes Last month I was walking in the Haram in
Mecca when a man told my daughter to cover her hair (few hair were protuding from her scarf)She asked the man to lower her eyes as directed by Allah S.W.T i think women hould be more assertive in demanding their rights in all walks of life

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Wa allaicumu sallam wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

Are you sure dear brother that this is correct and that it only applies to women, becouse there are also many brothers (men) who talk quite a loot. :)

And Allah knows the best

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

In the Autobiography of Malcolm X there was one particular quote that always stung me (still does kinda):

Malcolm X (rahimahullaah) said:
Women talk too much, and to tell a woman not to talk too much, would be like telling Jesse James not to carry a gun, or telling a hen not to cackle. Can you imagine Jesse James without a gun, or a hen that didn’t cackle...

The truth hurts!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu'alaykum,

In the Autobiography of Malcolm X there was one particular quote that always stung me (still does kinda):

Originally Posted by Malcolm X (rahimahullaah)
Women talk too much, and to tell a woman not to talk too much, would be like telling Jesse James not to carry a gun, or telling a hen not to cackle. Can you imagine Jesse James without a gun, or a hen that didn’t cackle...

The truth hurts!

Wa alaicumu sallalm wa rahmatullah wa berekatuhu

Wallahi it is the truth that most of women like to talk a loot, but this can be great encouragment to change some things on better InshAllah. And I still believe that there are some brothers who also like (who do) talk a loot. :)

arzafar

In my observation this is largely true. Most of the threads on tti also are skewed towards female issues.

I feel there should be more women scholars to correct this imbalance. Having said that, there are many balanced male scholars available.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
In the UK, alot of the sermans I'd say are universal. Like what is Islamically right in regards of protesting, terrorism and such things.

Maybe the issue is your environment and NOT men in general.

Dear Preserveranze....

I understand what you say,:).. you gave me an easy platform to clarify my situation,
you see, you said that
"In the UK, a lot of the sermons I'd say are universal. Like what is Islamically right in regards of protesting, terrorism and such things" Right?

Well, .. Masha Allah.... usually Jumu'ah Khutbah should declare the current situation of the Muslims world... But iunfortunately in my country... they rarely talk about politics and current stuff......

to be more clear, when there was a need for a detailed explanation on Islamic politics on the last few weeks, in my countrythe Khutba were focusing on the following topics..
"The obedience of a wife to her husband" (Most of them dont know about the husbands' obedience to their wives I guess..)
"The westernized women" (ONLY WOMEN??? )
"Where our sisters are going?" (Why didnt they change put the word nation instead of sisters..???)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! urrrrhhhhh... But Wallah... in my country, there were not even a single complaint against the Muslim ladies on the cultural affairs ministry......

But why they act foolish?????

Oh my brother.... I am just pouring out my questions....... I know ...I know this is not common in every where... but... what is the way to make my self peace....????

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

:salam2: dear sister
May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen Ya Allah.

:wasalam:

:wasalam: My darling friend Asja...

You see dear... Dont think that this pain will take me away from my faith...
I wear 100% Sunnah Hijab Alhamdulillah
I am aware of my roles as a Muslimah Summa Alahmdulillah.....

But... I get irritated my friend, when the society focus on the Muslimah and the same society is taking away the rights of the Muslimah...

So my heart thinks, what is the way to correct this....

Till my death, I will never blame ISLAM..... 'coz I know how sweet it is...

But, if I blame the society which is corrupting the beauty of Islam just by focusing on a particular issue..... is that wrong my dear?? :(

I just typed whatever my heart says dear... dont take it serious....

poor me na?? :(