Would you marry a sister in purdah

Status
Not open for further replies.

undacova

:salam2:

very interesting subject. i personally want to marry a sister who wear a hijab. i wear a beard and am at an age to be getting married soon. ders a lot of pressure for me to shave my beard and i hav seen a brother shaving his beard for marriage, but inshallah i will not go down dat line...

:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Mmm this is interesting .......I wear my pardah to please Allah not a man and i wouldnt remove it.

Like they say modesty is on the outside and beauty is on the inside....if they dont like my pardah by all means the bro can jump off a bridge :p insha-Allah, Allah will find me a man who likes me to stay covered.

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wassallam) said:"Modesty is part of faith and faith is in Paradise, but obscenity is a part of hardness of heart and hardness of heart is in Hell." [5076]
Narrated by AbuHurayrah
Transmitted by Ahmad, Tirmidhi (Mishkat)

I prefer a man with a sunnah beard and who fears Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala, may Allah grant unto us spouses who will be the comfort of our eyes. ...

(no offence to any bro's) just my opinion but some guys without a beard or guys with fashioned beards think too much of themselves.. :( may ALLAH guide these brothers...

This is from a brother to all brothers.....
The Blessed Beard... Grow it, what's so hard to understand?

Muslims are overcome with western influence in their lives and it's easy to forget, nay, neglect the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Little do these Muslims realize the magnitude of their actions in imitating Kufaar. This is a truly shocking! Hopefully the information presented herein will enlighten those. And then there are others who claim that the matters concerning beards is a "little" issue not worthy of mention nor practice. To them I say get off the denial bandwagon, you're a Muslim! Follow the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in all aspects of life, for he was the best of examples. I couldn't tell you how many times I've mistaken a Muslim brother (outside of the Masjid) for a kaafir on account of his clean-shaven, well oiled, face. How can I say "Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!" when I do not know if he is a Muslim. Yet that very brother then wonders why he was ignored! Sure, he can tell if others are Muslim on account of their beard, but what about himself? From one brother to another, I say: "Grow a beard, then, since it also promotes Brotherhood in the real world. Stand with your Brothers, be one. We know you think you are handsome without it (a beard), but who cares? What matters is how Allah (S.W.T.) sees you. And when you do grow a beard, don't mock the Sunnah, please grow it correctly, i.e. FIST LENGTH. That is the prescribed length and no shorter...." Peace.

wasalam

shaz_1999

Forget da Niqab I had dis 1guy ask me bat wearing my scarf like how long hav u been wearing it I was propa shocked finkin how can u ask dis on top of dis he was a Hafiz of da quran.

Wen I saw dis guy I felt as though he just wantd sme1 2show off u get me

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

I am a woman... So, no, I would not. But, if a man dumped me, because I was wearing niqab, I would not marry him.

My ex did not even like hijab, so it was a struggle, from day to day, so I am not going down that road again, inshaAllah. I am married now, to a man who love that I wear niqab, so alhamdulillah, no problem.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Masha'Allah, wonderful and true responses from the brothers and the sisters!

Marriage, an important and very wise step for the ones that want to have a happy and comfortable life. Also trying to please our Creator and not to care much about being seen by the people the way they would maybe want to see you should be our intention! It is us insha'Allah, that will make a difference for good.

If we obey Allah (swt) and His Messenger (saws) we will become of the good and righteous people, good for ourselves and the Ummah insha'Allah!

wasalaam.

almouchie

salam
this is a pretty controversial subject

I will add my few cents to the issue
to me its relative, the veil is obligatory not the niqab/burdah (covering the face you mean)
the reason i choose to believe that, is simple to me at least
when we pray & go to hajj , you are not allowed to cover your face (some do though & prefer to pay the fidyah (sorry if thats the wrong word)

as for the man & his beard, i do know & agree its a sunnah
as the length & all the others details, i am not sure it mean u can't shave your bread or that you have to have a bread all your life

as for marriage, its not your problem if others cant accept you.
I do think though, its everyone's right to chose or refuse someone for any reason, simply if she doesnt want to marry someone without the beard, then this isnt planned for her, or if he doesnt want to marry a lady who observes burdah , the same as well

there are many other things we as muslims need to observe & follow which may not have an external or pyhsical existance yet we dont.
finally if any or all of what i said, doesnt agree with you or is wrong in some ways- religiously. I hope you will excuse me

Steve940

Asalamu alaikum,

I already stated earlier I don't have a problem with veil. But I was in a hurry and didn't get this comment in. I wouldn't want to marry someone if I didn't know how they looked and if I was attracted to them or not. Would any woman here have a problem with wearing hijab on a one time basis for the male to get a look at her face? After that the veil would be fine but I think my point is getting across.

Wa salam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

You are allowed to look at the face of the girl that is wearing a niqab for that purpose! :)
alhamdulillaah.

wasalaam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
I myself love the idea of a veil (Hijab). Whether or not I was Muslim, the goal of it I see as great. So many men are shallow and focus only on the looks of a woman (even if a brother tries to deny it). I'm no different, unfortunatly. With the Hijab, men are forced to look only at the beauty of a woman's personality and not her physical appearance. Though, how happy would a brother be to marry a sister for her personality and then comes to find out that she looks like Helen of Troy!

I would marry a sister wearing a Hijab or Niqaab. Sure, I would get stares from xenophobics, but oh well.

Love my islam

MashaAllah its so wonderful to know how all you youg people are trying to follow Allah's comand and prophet's sunnah.
May Allah bless you all with wife/husband of your choice and bless your marriage with His rehma and barkah. Ameen.

muslimahindeen

:salam2: WOW!!!!!! I must say i'm impressed at all the replies this thread is getting Jazkallah to all ............It's nice to know they are nice Brothers out there who don't have a prob with the veil............MashAllah!!!!! May Allah swt reward u all................. The Beard i think is one the most gorgeous assets a man have it makes him look like a man u wanna be macho grow a beard y shave it off and look like a gal..........i aggree with the sista who said we should not judge people cos they are not wearing a nikab or guys growing a beard for some reason or the other................

I'm gonna reccomend to all sistas who are being hesitant to wearing the veil to read these post cos they think all guys are the same, but hey sistas THEY R NICE BEARDED BROTHERS ON EARTH NOT DREAM ONES BUT PRACTICING MUSLIMS WHO DON'T HAVE APROB WITH THE VEIL SO WAIT U'RE TURN HE'LL BE THERE KNOCKING ON U'RE DOOR ...........HEY HOPE HE DOES'NT MISS MINES LOL :SMILY139:

Where i'm from much unmarried sistas don't wear the veil and they have boyfriends and then they get married so sm of the sistas ask me hey y r u hiding???r u ever gonna get married ????well i say u do as u like what u think is right and i' do what is right which i know is right and that is to obey my lord who has destined for me which i don't know rewards which Inshallah i'll recieve if not in this world then the next walahualum.................

MAY ALLAH SWT GUIDE US ALL AND ENLIGHTENED OUR HEARTS WITH THE LOVE FOR HIS DEEN SHOW US THE PATH TOWARDS WHAT IS RIGHT .........AAMEEN WASALAM

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Masha Allah brothers and sisters,
May Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala put Barakah in all our deeds, give us Hikmah , bless us throughout our lives and guide us with His Noor. May He shower His Infinite Love, Mercy and Grace upon us. May He give us what is best for us, and take away what is not good for us.

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

beautifull

Hijaab, niqaab, purda ( is this pakistani for Niqaab ?). You cann't see my thumb, but it is pointing to the sky.

For me i prefere niqaab, but Hijaab is also beautifull. But a sister without a hijaab but with a clean heart is better than a sister with hijab or niqaab, but a non-clean heart

A sister without a Hijaab or niqaab, but who loves the sahaba ( companions of our prophet) is better for me than a sister with Hijaab or niqaab who curses the Sahaba.

A sister without hijaab but a good manhadj is for me better than a sister with hijaab or niqaab but without a good manhadj.

Fear of Allah is the best Hijaab from hellfire. Fear of Allah leads also a person to wear Hijaab or niqaab.

Wassalamo alaikoem warahmatollahi wbaraktuh,

almouchie

salam
I am not veiled- not yet
to be honest
i think subconsciously i am waiting to get married first
looking for security & support i think
it may be an insecure but the idea is definitely there
as for men, asking the girl if she does want to observe the veil in the near future is a good compromise for both

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Purdah is the choice of the woman. If my wife wanted to go that route, it's fine with me. I would support her action, but would never ask her to do it. I wear the beard; the least I expect from a wife is hijab.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2: :ma: :ma: Hey brothers would u marry a sister who observes purdah???? and sisters if a guy a says he 's not marrying u if u're wearing a veil would u take it off??or tell him jump off the bridge bro cos they are more fishes in the ocean........or if u're spouse tell u to stop wearing the veil or he don't like the idea of u wearing it???????

i was chatting with some sisters and some of em don't want to wear the veil cos they think they would never find a spouse cos as they say most guys don't like the veil..............well as i will say again it's sad what the muslim ummat is coming too.............that people have no trust in Allah swt they prefer to please the creation rather than please the CREATOR OF THE CREATIONS THE LORD OF THE HEAVEN AND EARTH...................

Well i'm in purdah and if a guy want to marry me he'll marry as i am and no way am i taking it off cos i'll be in my own grave when i go 6ft deep not his i have to pay for my own shortcomings.....as i told the sisters good guys want good girls so a guy with islamic values and common sense would prefer a sister who covers rather than flaunt herself for the world to see.......:blackhijab:

my dear sister in islam,

i would marry a woman that observes purdah, i will admit that i'd prefer to meet her first in regular hijab. for me i just need to see her face at least once before marriage. if we were to meet a second time, along with her wali of course, i would have no problems with her wearing the niqab on that visit. i don't believe in criticizing the niqabi for choosing to wear it. i also believe that the hijabi shouldn't criticize the niqabi, nor should the niqabi criticize the hijabi. both of them should be praised for not conforming to this dunya. i have noticed that there has been a war between the two, which in my opinion is harmful to the ummah in general. i do ask the brothers that before attempting to take a niqabi for a wife, that you are islamically mature. because the niqabi is definitely mature in her faith. brothers have to understand that she will not remove it because of what your friends and family or co-workers may think. it is there to stay. be proud that your wife or future wife loves islam as much as she does. may Allah bless and reward these women, because Allah swt knows that these women sometimes have it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.