Would you marry a sister in purdah

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajjuaiah

:salam2: :ma: :ma: Hey brothers would u marry a sister who observes purdah???? and sisters if a guy a says he 's not marrying u if u're wearing a veil would u take it off??or tell him jump off the bridge bro cos they are more fishes in the ocean........or if u're spouse tell u to stop wearing the veil or he don't like the idea of u wearing it???????

i was chatting with some sisters and some of em don't want to wear the veil cos they think they would never find a spouse cos as they say most guys don't like the veil..............well as i will say again it's sad what the muslim ummat is coming too.............that people have no trust in Allah swt they prefer to please the creation rather than please the CREATOR OF THE CREATIONS THE LORD OF THE HEAVEN AND EARTH...................

Well i'm in purdah and if a guy want to marry me he'll marry as i am and no way am i taking it off cos i'll be in my own grave when i go 6ft deep not his i have to pay for my own shortcomings.....as i told the sisters good guys want good girls so a guy with islamic values and common sense would prefer a sister who covers rather than flaunt herself for the world to see.......:blackhijab:

As-salaam alaikum,

By Allah; I really love and happy to marry a sister whose is in complete hijab.
and follow islamic ettique.

What else i need than my wife is a good muslim.(good in All)

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan

True

:salam2:

It makes a brother happy when looking at a sister wearing full Hijab:SMILY149:
very clean and beutifull..

isma3eel

I really would rather marry a girl who covers herself up and who is not like those other girls who have their flesh exposed just like the hanging cows and sheep at the butcher. Besides, a guy who would marry a girl if she takes of her veil he for sure had done so for the way she looks and not who she is, therefore, he'll soon find another girl whom he thinks is more beautiful, since no girl exists with perfect beauty, and will dump the girl who took off her veil for him. Moreover, why would i marry a girl with a weak personality tht would respond to anythg she is asked to do, even if it rejects Allah's order. n like someone said islam is not a buffets tht u pick up from it wht u like and leave wht u dont. its an abs. thing. May Allah forgive me, my brothers in islam, and my sisters in islam. Ameeen

sammuslimah

salaam

salaam firstly i dont understand how a brother in islam would ask his sister in islam and a future wife to take off her modesty his not just telling her to take off her hijab his telling her to take off her modesty her dignity and disobey Allah swa's order why would any sister want to marry a guy with that kind of mentality sister is he worth it i dont think he is and remember Allah takes away wats bad and replaces it with something better inshallah.:salam2:

Shahzad

i would only go for that girl who observers complete pardah.

The more the pardah, the more modesty she will have.

U know wat, Woman has the arabic word of "Aurah" in Quran, which means "hidden". So, a thing which is hidden , as spoken by ALLAH, how can be kept open?

Dont even think that if u take on veil, how would u merry or if i get bearded, no girl would merry me. Relations are made on skies rather than on earth.

Make our beleif firm on ALLAH.

Muwahi-1

Asalamu Alaikum wb

Personally speaking, I would only marry a woman if she wears full Hijab ( Niqab.Burqa....). They are very precious, very strong and very powerful. May Allah protect them all. Amin :tti_sister:

Wa Alaikum asalam wb

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
very sad wat muslims are doing now and its so hard to find someone with a beard and dressed proper iam still need to learn how to dress properly so iam not out to diss anyone dont wanna sound like a hypocrite but inshallah i will be at the height in my deen wen iam ready for marriage

MAY ALLAH MAKE IT EASY FOR US ALL TO DRESS LIKE MUSLIMS AND ACT AND KEEP OUR INTENTIONS PURE!! AMEEN

by the way are u guys reffering to the niqab or hijab? :hijabi:

unique_princess

AlQudsu tunadeena

wow...this topic has been going 4 ages

i'm just wondering how many girls say they want a guy with a beard(i do) and they mean it and how many guys say they want a girl with hijaab/niqaab and they mean it.... coz i know many times when it comes to reality they find it a bit difficult living with it.

may Allah help us stay stead fast on our gud intentions and actions

ma assalaama

ansari

STRANGER...

lol...i dont like sisters without veil... i want to marry the one who wears full veil... because i dont want my wife beauty to be seen by strangers...
i will not marry the one who do not wear hijiab/veil

Rawa

It is a good idea to make dua all the time for everything. However, God will not send you a wife, but you need to do steps towards finding a good woman.
Wish you a happy future

Asiya-sparkles

Salam Alaikom wa Rachman t'ullah,
A Muslimah wearing a Hijab but without her face covered is not being imodest (I sometimes think it would be easier to cover face...) and we aren't meant to judge each other, women without their faces covered in Saudi get spat on by men...is that the way of our ummah? NO!
The hijab is more than a piece of cloth, it is about the inner modesty, it is about the covering of the Awrah[the areas specified as needing to be hidden from the opposite sex]...properly! I know many sisters who wear modest clothing and hijab and whose faces are without make-up and who would be horrified to be judged as 'flaunting' themselves! Our beloved Prophet (S.A.W.) said to Asma that nothing of the women can be seen when she attains puberty except this and these...indicating her FACE and HANDS. Note the face may be uncovered???
We shouldn't simply look at a brother or sister and observe them by appearance...their actions and morality are very important and to be honest we are meant to help each other, it would be wrong to think ill of someone- we are meant to share knowledge and educate each other 'be helpers of one another' not see and judge!

May Allah help us all to reach a state pleasing to Allah!

habib786

masha allah a good post ............. plainly and simply i would say is this that .. i will consider myself a very lucky person if i wud get a wife who respect the values of islam and is in veils or hijab .......... to me those sisters who comply to the commands of Allah are the most beautiful ones and i would marry without any further considerations .. wish i will get a wife who wears veils/hijab .... and is proud of it ...... jazakallahu khairan

muhsinah

Salam Alaikom wa Rachman t'ullah,
A Muslimah wearing a Hijab but without her face covered is not being imodest (I sometimes think it would be easier to cover face...) and we aren't meant to judge each other, women without their faces covered in Saudi get spat on by men...is that the way of our ummah? NO!
The hijab is more than a piece of cloth, it is about the inner modesty, it is about the covering of the Awrah[the areas specified as needing to be hidden from the opposite sex]...properly! I know many sisters who wear modest clothing and hijab and whose faces are without make-up and who would be horrified to be judged as 'flaunting' themselves! Our beloved Prophet (S.A.W.) said to Asma that nothing of the women can be seen when she attains puberty except this and these...indicating her FACE and HANDS. Note the face may be uncovered???
We shouldn't simply look at a brother or sister and observe them by appearance...their actions and morality are very important and to be honest we are meant to help each other, it would be wrong to think ill of someone- we are meant to share knowledge and educate each other 'be helpers of one another' not see and judge!

May Allah help us all to reach a state pleasing to Allah!

Wa alaykumu salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
You are right, sister. I,myself, wear only hijab but I'm trying to find the courage to start wearing niqab before the next semester. I know it's not compulsory for women to cover their face; because the face and hands may show.

But then I think about how the hijab is to cover a woman's beauty and not to be a source of fitnah to the society. I do not wear make-up, I don't wear visible jewelry (e.g. rings, bracelets, long necklace, etc) , henna, or anything that would count as extra adornment. My clothes are loose and usually not fashionable and I wear jilbab sometimes (hoping to wear it full time next semester, inshaAllah). Yet with all of these, I get asked out several times by non-muslims and some muslim "brothers" are extra nice (you know what I mean). So I've been having this feeling that in my case, the niqab would be "highly recommended" (i don't want to use the word "compulsory" since I'm not sure). But I'm still scared. Not because of marriage but because I'm in uni and the reaction won't be that...erm, "nice". I'm already the only hijabi in my class and its weird enough. I'm also worried about travelling, getting a job, etc...having a normal social life. May Allah grant me and all other sisters out there the courage to wear it.

By the way, sis, I used to live in Saudi but I've never heard of people spitting on women without niqab. I'd say there are LOTS of women in Saudi without niqab...I was one. Maybe what you heard of was a one-off incidence.

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Subanallah marriage threads can carry on...as long as no one crosses the line and starts creating proposal threads.:)

Mashallah to the sisters who wear niqab...and Alhamdullilah to the sisters who wear hijab.

:wasalam:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
yes I would ...

my mother wear the veil ... if it is good enough for my mother then it is good for my wife ... if my wife wanted to put it then I would not mind ...

my wife wear only hijab though ...

Rawa

salam

:salam2: :ma: :ma: Hey brothers would u marry a sister who observes purdah???? and sisters if a guy a says he 's not marrying u if u're wearing a veil would u take it off??or tell him jump off the bridge bro cos they are more fishes in the ocean........or if u're spouse tell u to stop wearing the veil or he don't like the idea of u wearing it???????

i was chatting with some sisters and some of em don't want to wear the veil cos they think they would never find a spouse cos as they say most guys don't like the veil..............well as i will say again it's sad what the muslim ummat is coming too.............that people have no trust in Allah swt they prefer to please the creation rather than please the CREATOR OF THE CREATIONS THE LORD OF THE HEAVEN AND EARTH...................

Well i'm in purdah and if a guy want to marry me he'll marry as i am and no way am i taking it off cos i'll be in my own grave when i go 6ft deep not his i have to pay for my own shortcomings.....as i told the sisters good guys want good girls so a guy with islamic values and common sense would prefer a sister who covers rather than flaunt herself for the world to see.......:blackhijab:

Your message reminded me of a sad event when I asked for the hand of a sister because she is a practising muslimah. I asked for her hand through a friend of her, and she said I have four conditions. Luckily I met all the 4 conditions yet she said:"Sorry, I do not know why but I do not marry him."!!! Her friend asked if she had any reason for refusing me, she said that actually she had no reason?!!
Later I decided not only to forget about hijab sisters who are arrogant, but even Muslimahs, and try to marry a Christain, or a Jewish.... But finally I realised how I decided under the influence of a single Muslimah that it is not fair to generalise on person over the whole sisters....Now, as before, hijab is a condition for the person who will be my spouse.

Wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.