Why all this "Fuss" about Niqab? (A message for Muslims who are anti-islamic derss).

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
Whether one believes that the Niqab (face veil) is a requirement of Muslim women or not, the fact is that it is definitely allowed by our religion. This article is a reminder to Muslims that we should give support and encouragement to women who choose to wear the veil and that they deserve our respect and admiration for having the courage to be different in a society which tends to view the veil as a symbol of oppression.
Think about it carefully: would we ever think of criticizing a Muslim who fasts extra days outside of
Ramadan? Do we belittle the Muslims whose prayers exceed the prescribed daily five? Are we upset when Muslims give more zakat than required by Islamic Law? Of course not. We admire such people for their apparent dedication to Allah SWT, just as we should admire Muslim women who cover their faces for the same reason. Whether they veil because they take the so-called "most-conservative" viewpoint that covering the face is a requirement of Islamic Law, or because they simply believe that they will earn extra reward from our Lord and Creator for doing something more than they have been asked to do is of little importance.

Written by a sister.
http://www.manhag.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=103341
Sheikh Hany's advice for NIQABi sisters.
http://www.manhag.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=103790

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum,

I think anyone who critisises the sisters who wear niqab is out of order, they're simply trying to ingratiate themselves with the kuffar, remember Malcom X, the house slave and the field slave?.....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am a field hand. And proud of it. ( I am the one who got whipped and the more I was whipped the more I was out of control.) My heart belongs to Allah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Asalaamualaykum,

I think anyone who critisises the sisters who wear niqab is out of order, they're simply trying to ingratiate themselves with the kuffar, remember Malcom X, the house slave and the field slave?.....

What the...?

kayleigh

I don't think its obligatory and honestly I don't even think its a good thing, but I think its really sad that some Muslims give women who wear it crap for it and shun them or make them feel like they're an embarrassment to the community. I also think its sad that some Muslims support banning it in different countries. I don't like it, but that doesn't mean I don't believe that every woman has a choice of how she wants to dress herself. These people should mind their own business.

What the...?

It's a saying from Malcolm X. It basically means the house slave sucks up to the white masters and tries to forsake his own people and be something he's not for approval. The field slave doesn't. So he's trying to say the Muslims who criticize women's choice of dress are sucking up to non-Muslims to try to get their approval.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I don't think its obligatory and honestly I don't even think its a good thing.

:salam2:

I don't think our personal opinion comes into picture when we are discussing matters of deen. We have recently had atleast 2 lengthy threads that were filled with 'I feel' and 'I think', when the attention should have been paid to seeking and comprehending the Islamic legislation on them.

It's fine if an individual doesn't feel that covering her face is not an obligation as it doesn't cause fitnah in her surroundings and locality, which is supported by scholars of some school of thought.

But looking down or repudiating a way of dressing that was adopted by the mothers of the believers ( May Allah be pleased with them ) is not something appropriate. We should be looking upto them as 'role models' and trying to follow the way they lived their lives.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

kayleigh

I don't think our personal opinion comes into picture when we are discussing matters of deen. We have recently had atleast 2 lengthy threads that were filled with 'I feel' and 'I think', when the attention should have been paid to seeking and comprehending the Islamic legislation on them.

It's fine if an individual doesn't feel that covering her face is not an obligation as it doesn't cause fitnah in her surroundings and locality, which is supported by scholars of some school of thought.

But looking down or repudiating a way of dressing that was adopted by the mothers of the believers ( May Allah be pleased with them ) is not something appropriate. We should be looking upto them as 'role models' and trying to follow the way they lived their lives.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

If you re-read my reply to the thread in its entirety you'll see that I specifically mention how I think it's wrong that Muslims look down on women who wear it. Just because I don't like it or don't think it is always a good thing doesn't mean I look down on those women. It is the opposite - I respect everyones right to wear whatever they want to wear, as long as it is their decision. I have never made fun of how the wives of Muhammad dressed so please don't accuse me of that.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I was commenting on forming opinions that a particular matter in the deen is 'not a good thing' based on personal understanding and personal rationalization. Rather opinions should be formed based on what was practiced by the mothers of the believers (May Allah be pleased with them).

By mentioning something in a negative light is also a form of 'looking down' upon it.

kayleigh

Disagreeing with something has never been the same thing as looking down on something. But there's no point in arguing over it.

Ashima33

So i was talking with a non muslim friend the other day and she said, "you know... I think the fashion police in France are taking their job a little TOO seriously."

Haha I laughed so hard I almost fell over.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother if we can deconstruct an argument and it does not fall apart it is the Truth. Some of us need to understand before we can own and understand.

Sister...please send the fashion police to WV...ASAP!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Whether one believes that the Niqab (face veil) is a requirement of Muslim women or not, the fact is that it is definitely allowed by our religion. This article is a reminder to Muslims that we should give support and encouragement to women who choose to wear the veil and that they deserve our respect and admiration for having the courage to be different in a society which tends to view the veil as a symbol of oppression.
Think about it carefully: would we ever think of criticizing a Muslim who fasts extra days outside of
Ramadan? Do we belittle the Muslims whose prayers exceed the prescribed daily five? Are we upset when Muslims give more zakat than required by Islamic Law? Of course not. We admire such people for their apparent dedication to Allah SWT, just as we should admire Muslim women who cover their faces for the same reason. Whether they veil because they take the so-called "most-conservative" viewpoint that covering the face is a requirement of Islamic Law, or because they simply believe that they will earn extra reward from our Lord and Creator for doing something more than they have been asked to do is of little importance.

Written by a sister.
http://www.manhag.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=103341
Sheikh Hany's advice for NIQABi sisters.
http://www.manhag.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=103790

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:ma:
Very well said!
I agree to that!

At the end of the day.
It all back to ourself!
Me,myself and I.

What we do and did in the world that matter and what most is pleasing Allah swt is always should be put first!

Allah swt is The Best Providers!

Thank you for sharing this post and links brother.

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

And

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Take Care!
Thank you,

~Wassalam :)

kayleigh

um... I gave my personal opinion because I was under the impression that this thread was about a social issue between Muslims in the community, not an issue of whether or not something is allowed or obligatory or not or whatever. Everyone else is posting their personal opinion, since that seems to be the nature of the thread.

If you dislike my opinion or disagree thats fine, but I don't think it would be a good idea to detract from the purpose of this thread.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

it's not right if for ppl who think niqaab is something not worth wearing.as it IS a part of islam it IS in Quran,the prophets:saw:wives wore it and they were the best of the women.my humble opnion is that we,the muslimahs should look upto them as our ideals and follow whatever they did coz:

1)they knew Quran and sunnah better then any of us as both were estabished in their times.

2)and their faiths are much much higher then any of us will ever have:)!!

so the sisters who practice niqaab should be respected for their choice,inshallah.The sole purpose of wearing niqaab is pleasing ALLAH.think about it what benefit is given to her in this duniya.she struggles to be a humble slave of ALLAH and tries to keep alive the examples of the pious mothers of ummah.she should therefore be given due respect instead of being targeted as an extremist...

may ALLAH forgive us all for all mistakes,guide us to the right path and put respect and love in our hearts for islam and ummah.ameen

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

To the respected brother moderatemuslim. It would help us all understand your points better if your observe proper spelling and punctuation in your posts. We don't use slang or short-hand here at TTI. Secondly, it seems as if you addressed the sister Kayleigh as bro?

To sister Kayleigh and as a general reminder for all of us. It is from completeness of faith (Îmân) to love what Allaah and His Messenger (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) love. If you want to better your faith, consider that the mother of the believers, the wives of the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) all observed the niqâb.

A number of the companions use to love alcohol. By the time it became prohibited to consume, that love transformed into a complete sense of hate, purely for the sake of Allaah. If any one of us dislikes a particular ruling, even if it isn't an obligatory matter, then what better move is there than to substitute one's opinion to adopt a more Islamic one? One which Allaah will be completely satisfied with, one which pleases Him and will cause Him to become pleased with you...

This concept is enveloped in the very meaning of the word 'Islâm'. And Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.
There have been a lot of threads regarding niqab.The bottom line is,there are two opinion-sunnah,mandatory.

When scholors gave two opinions,then it is up to the women to choose whatever path she wants.

In today's time where we live in fitnah,it is always better to wear niqab.If a woman doesn't attract any men by just wearing hijab,then fine alhamdulilah.

Please do not force your rules on others.If you want to wear niqab,go a head.If you do not want to wear niqab,go a head.

A man can control his wife but he cannot control others wives.So if you want your wife's beauty to be protected,then command her to wear niqab.If you think your wife do not attract any men,then fine,be happy with your marriage and move on.

In the end,Allah The Exalted judge each and everyone according to the deen that cannot bee seen by us.Allah judge us according to what is in the heart and not according to the attire.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We are having difficulty with semantics. Everyone knows the obligations. Sister Revert wrote " a man can control his wife". I do not believe that is what she means. No human being can control another. A wife may listen to her husband and oblige him.
I am having great difficulty understanding the notion of niqab as being the ruling force. It is not. The heart is the ruling force. Why are people so hung up on attracting the opposite sex. I know I am from another planet.
If I do not wish to attract the opposite sex..you do it from the get go. It is your demeanor and comportment. The face veil and over garments are not necessarily the inhibitors.
You do not cover to hide; niqaab is not the male repellent. You cover to protect yourself from evil and haraam.
I respect sisters who cover and I respect sisters who do not.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Salaam to you respected bro, KASHMIRI...,
you wrote...

>>>>To the respected brother moderatemuslim. It would help us all understand your points better if your observe proper spelling and punctuation in your posts. We don't use slang or short-hand here at TTI. .........""""" <<<<<<

brother, please be kind enough to HIGHLIGHT the mistakes of spelling and punctuation and slang, short hands I used in my above post and then correct them please. I can learn better English from you brother.. thanx..
and ,
We are here to learn the true Islam .

ISLAAM is only THE QURAAN and the AUTHENTIC HADHEES....

When reading your posts its apparent that you just write what you heard only without give us even a verse from Quran or Hadhees to explain what you write..

Can you please help us giving ,

The Quran verses which command muslim women to wear NIQAAB ..
The Authentic Hadhees that tell us muslim women should wear NIQAAB..

Hope you will help us to learn islaam in the correct way in the light of QURAAN and Authentic Sunnaah..

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wabaraktuhu..

mind if i answer akhi:)!!

first just go thru sister revert's post she explained it simply and beautifully.

and then:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3323

our brother is full of referances in cases like these:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
barakallah fiki akhi.we are happy to help if we can inshallah:)and akhi everyone here tries their best.

P.S akhi your speling for jazakallah khairan is not correct and write ALLAH with capitals.i see you making similar mistakes that i made when i was new here:)

about the blessing jazakallah khairan.without the word"khairan"it's useless as it says "may ALLAH reward you".but when you add khairan it says:may ALLAh reward you with khair(good)....

my translations may be wrong(corrections plzz!!)but i just can't find that thread right now.sorry about that!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.