2010 World Cup?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Revert you are correct. I am not going to watch the world cup. I could not care less.

I am going to watch the Celtics vs. Lakers. I can only speak for myself. I was a sports fanatic. I was a swimmer for health reasons and gave that up because I can not find a swimming pool for women only or times for women only. And the last time I jumped into a river it was pointed out to me that I was swimming with snakes that are not good. I limit my time..but I love a good game.

I can only write that I do try to do good deeds. Human suffering comes in various degrees. And yes our time is limited. ( I am scared to look into the mirror). Sometimes just watching a game is a respite from suffering. Sometimes watching something stupid reenergizes you to continue the battle, so to speak.

When I was younger I would be thrilled by the heartthrobs. The long haired European soccer playboy was never a heartthrob for me. I was taken by the tall dark handsome types..i.e. basketball players and football players.

But to redeem myself...I actually love the sports. I enjoy the movements of grace and power. I think to myself as small as I am I have no atleticism myself. I watch the control of movement. In pure physics it is amazing.

So sweet sister have patience with us..we are like little children at recess during a boring school day. When the bell rings we will come back and be more attentive to our duties.

And for my soccer loving brothers and sisters may the best team win. Enjoy.
I am going to eat junk food and watch my Cletics win.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Revert you are correct. I am not going to watch the world cup. I could not care less.

I am going to watch the Celtics vs. Lakers. I can only speak for myself. I was a sports fanatic. I was a swimmer for health reasons and gave that up because I can not find a swimming pool for women only or times for women only. And the last time I jumped into a river it was pointed out to me that I was swimming with snakes that are not good. I limit my time..but I love a good game.

I can only write that I do try to do good deeds. Human suffering comes in various degrees. And yes our time is limited. ( I am scared to look into the mirror). Sometimes just watching a game is a respite from suffering. Sometimes watching something stupid reenergizes you to continue the battle, so to speak.

When I was younger I would be thrilled by the heartthrobs. The long haired European soccer playboy was never a heartthrob for me. I was taken by the tall dark handsome types..i.e. basketball players and football players.

But to redeem myself...I actually love the sports. I enjoy the movements of grace and power. I think to myself as small as I am I have no atleticism myself. I watch the control of movement. In pure physics it is amazing.

So sweet sister have patience with us..we are like little children at recess during a boring school day. When the bell rings we will come back and be more attentive to our duties.

And for my soccer loving brothers and sisters may the best team win. Enjoy.
I am going to eat junk food and watch my Cletics win.

Well sis your post make me smile :).

Well perhaps no one knows how crazy I was about soccer game and I myself used to play soccer.It is one of my favourite games besides basketball and of course badminton.

But we cannot be the same for the rest of our lives can we? :).

Well it depends on people and varies from one person to the other. I used to play soccer game and loved world cup yet I am very sure now that I gave up for some reason.Well perhaps my duty as a wife,mother,daughter- in- law and of course my duty as the slave of Allah doesn't allow me to watch this game and yes thank to my hubby one of the rare male who doesn't like soccer :)

I am not gonna watch yet I hope my all time favourite team will win. So once the result is out,just let me know in sha Allah :)

Good luck to all your favourite teams.

Assalamualikum.

sliver

Assalaam walaikum,

I like team sports. The Lakers are a one man team. Besides..my father was a Kareem fan. We had to root for the Lakers back in the day. I like Garnett..you know Muslims raised him.

Brother Sakikhan..you are correct..but even the Prophet may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, liked to race.

Go Celtics..Beat LA...Beat LA

Congrats to Celtics......but L.A came to play. That's 16th championship one away from celtics. But most of all Kobe got his fifth wow what game that was.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalamualikum.

I knew someone will question this and I knew as well that many debates will take place..

I have learned my lesson and I am not going to repeat the same mistake in sha Allah.

I am not going to ask people to stop watching world cup as I have no right to control yoru lives.before watching world cup just asnwer these few questions with honesty.

1.What do you gain by watching world cup?Does it help us to enter Jannah?

2.How long do you spend watching world cup?If this equal amount of time used wisely for the sake of Allah isn't that much better for hereafter?

3.How sure are we that we (women) not watching men's awra(they wear short above knee).

4.Syaitan will persuade most people in betting and how sure are we that we will not fall in his(syaitan's) trap?

5.Many Muslim brothers and sisters are dying each day and suffering so do you think it is right for us to watch this game and be happy?

There is nothing wrong with entertainment but we should know if the entertainment we are having worth of time.We have very limited time in dunya.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum.

Salam alaikum...
I think you've got me Bro......Alhamdulillah...someone's got my points.

Inshaa'Allah and ofcourse I'm not going to stop anyone,even if you come to my house....you'll not find it not less than a STADIUM!!!!!...till the last world cup I was also in that group...where I have found some thing more importatnt than watching these.......me too was a great fan of soccer...and still I am...but I've sacrificed it for sake of Allah....and I'm happy with that....Alhamdulillah...I've got so cute things to do....and no more interested in such things like...football..cricket...movies....and Allah know the best

anyways its my opinion....that the cause, why I have boycotted these?.......you'll have two answers:
01. I 've got some thing more important to pass my times....no need to explain I guess...!!
02. I declare that I'm not with those things, which are the extreme cause of waste of money...waste of efforts...where we can use it for Education/feeding the poor / use it in Medical sectors........I rather declare my support to HUMANITY to help the HUMANITY.......rather than dedicating the first GOAL for education...doesnt make any sense.......whats wrong with us....I dont know...

And Allah SWT knows the Best.

Jazakallahu Khair
Barakallahu feekum
wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walikum,

I do have a tear in my eye. I love the individual players for the Celtics. And it was not Kobe who won the game. The Lakers won... I know my father is smiling in heaven right now.

I will save my " uselessness time" for the World Series.. ( I even like baseball..I know I need to have my head examined.)..The Super Bowl and March Madness.

The rest of you sports nuts...enjoy the games and let me know who wins.

Brother Safikhan... there are times when a conversation with a person about sports can lead to a serious conversation about faith. In my volunteer experiences the sports conversations have served as ice breakers.

sis khadidja

proud to be muslim
:salam2:l lol~:SMILY149: for a girl does anyone think im football mad ?? today algeria vs england hope algeria win but since i live here in algeria everyone is hopin algeria win i hope too but i know they dont stand a chance against england:SMILY286::muslim_child::blackhijab: oh allmost forgot ARGENTINA GO! lol

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salam alaikum...
I think you've got me Bro......Alhamdulillah...someone's got my points.

Inshaa'Allah and ofcourse I'm not going to stop anyone,even if you come to my house....you'll not find it not less than a STADIUM!!!!!...till the last world cup I was also in that group...where I have found some thing more importatnt than watching these.......me too was a great fan of soccer...and still I am...but I've sacrificed it for sake of Allah....and I'm happy with that....Alhamdulillah...I've got so cute things to do....and no more interested in such things like...football..cricket...movies....and Allah know the best

anyways its my opinion....that the cause, why I have boycotted these?.......you'll have two answers:
01. I 've got some thing more important to pass my times....no need to explain I guess...!!
02. I declare that I'm not with those things, which are the extreme cause of waste of money...waste of efforts...where we can use it for Education/feeding the poor / use it in Medical sectors........I rather declare my support to HUMANITY to help the HUMANITY.......rather than dedicating the first GOAL for education...doesnt make any sense.......whats wrong with us....I dont know...

And Allah SWT knows the Best.

Jazakallahu Khair
Barakallahu feekum
wassalam

Assalamualikum..Alhamdulilah..but I am a SISTER :)
May Allah guide all of us in sha Allah.ameen

Wa iyaka.
Assalamualikum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

I just hope that brothers and sisters aren't staying up late at night to watch the games and sleeping right before fajr (and missing an obligatory salah) !

Unfortunately it happens here a lot. :astag:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

Where can I watch live matches on internet ? Or may be even recorded ones?
Its been long time since i watched a football match, France Vs Italy final :(
:wasalam:

Ibn Uthaymin

Yeah I hope we play with golden boots and gold ball

Yeap, I was hoping we can fly in the air, and go Super Sayyan(Dragon ball Z) when the game gets intense.

Its been long time since i watched a football match, France Vs Italy final

walaykum assalam

ITV player, but mim not sure if people outside UK can watch.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Dang! germany lost to Serbia didn't expect.. England outplayed by Algeria as Rooney was half drunk.

I guess only Argentina would make it easily.

aisha16

Dang! germany lost to Serbia didn't expect.. England outplayed by Algeria as Rooney was half drunk.

I guess only Argentina would make it easily.

England sucked. Algeria were playing so good, my whole family was cheering them on. I just wished they could of scored one since they were ruling most of the game. But it's REALLY good there not eliminated.

GO ALGERIA! And any other Muslim or African nation!! WOOOH! :D

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:biggrin:As-salamu 'Aleykum!:biggrin:

Oh wow! I see we've got some pretty excited kids abt the wc on this site:p..
Honestly, i can't really choose ONE team that i like better thn the rest...But i can chose ONE player(tho i won't say who:biggrin::biggrin:)..hope his team wins:biggrin:

@sis Aapa, your funny masha'allah...even tho i hatE basketball for some reason, i was with the Celetics too, but oh well, the Lakers, minus Kobe,:p beat them....n my lil' cousins were going crazyyy coz of tht:rolleyes:

aisha16

"Wow, two people got killed in Somalia for watching the World Cup....what??
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNew...65E0JW20100615"

Wooow that's really tragic.......

It reminds me of the 61 yr old South African man who got beaten to death by his family for changing the channel from Gospel to a World Cup game......

dna1987

Muslim Guy

Its been long time since i watched a football match, France Vs Italy final :(
:wasalam:

There is this site from Australia that has video clips including highlights, news clips and even full matches. I generally watch the highlights if I've missed the game.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/

"Wow, two people got killed in Somalia for watching the World Cup....what??
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNew...65E0JW20100615"

Wooow that's really tragic.......

It reminds me of the 61 yr old South African man who got beaten to death by his family for changing the channel from Gospel to a World Cup game......

Well, it seems it's not just Muslims that have killed two others for watching the World Cup.

A 61 year old Christian man in South Africa was murdered by his wife, 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter for watching a World Cup game instead of watching a religious program.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wo...ing-soccer--fbintl_ap-wcup-familykilling.html

(Note to all: If you think the Christian family had a "crazy" reaction, please apply your views consistently to the killings in Somalia).