Bored out me brains

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

well... how do u get points? What are wickets? I know they're the stick things behind the batter guys right? and the baller trys to knock them down....

and then when they hit the ball they like start running between the wickets or something, i have NO idea why... and the ball goes some distance or somthing and it has to do with something.

See there are patches in my understanding of cricket. and when i ask my father he just tells me it's too complicated for him to able to explain to me. :p

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^^

There are two guys in the middle.

One team, the one that is fielding, has to chuck the ball and try and hit the sticks.

1. If they hit the sticks, then the dude with the bat is out. 2. If the guy with the bad hits the ball in the air, and it is caught, they are out.

A team can only lose 10 batsmen, after that, the team has lost all their .. sticks .. and they have to go and field.

Made sense? :p

Salam.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

yea yea... now how do u get points? something with how far the ball rolls, or how many times the two dudes run between the wicket things??

If the dudes (batsmen) run between the two sets of sticks, they get one point (run). If they manage to run twice after smacking the ball away, then they will get two points. If they are running, and somebody chucks the ball back and it hits those stick thingys (wickets), then one of the batter guys are OUT.

If somebody smacks the ball out the ground - homerun in baseball - the batting team gets six runs straight away, without having to run. If it gets past the boundary but only after it has touched the ground at least once, then the batting team gets four runs. Those are the main bits and the basics. Cricket is a lot like baseball, except it requires more skill, and awesome-ness. :p

seriously.... *shakes head* they need to get their games straight! :D :D

Actually, the USA is the only country that still calls it soccer (I think). NZ used to call it "soccer" till 2005 when the country officially started calling it "football", as the rest of the world, minus the States, call it football. Then again, we all know that the United States doesn't give a flying-fudge-cake what the rest of the world thinks.

ShaheedU

Extinct

That`s called soccer bro, not football. When will you UK people learn?:lol:

seriously.... *shakes head* they need to get their games straight! :D :D

I dont know why im falling for this, as i very well know that you guys know that the correct name for the sport is Football. However, for the muslim footy fans in England, and cos i got too much time on my hands i WILL copy and paste the history of football/soccer if need be, thus proving that the sport was invented by the English an named Football by the English.

Now people, do i need do make you read the history of football/soccer?
Silly kids.

samiha

---------
Staff member
If somebody smacks the ball out the ground - homerun in baseball - the batting team gets six runs straight away, without having to run. If it gets past the boundary but only after it has touched the ground at least once, then the batting team gets four runs. Those are the main bits and the basics. Cricket is a lot like baseball, except it requires more skill, and awesome-ness. :p

i totally got it. ... well after i get me a cricket field layout to ck out those boudaries and all. It seems like cricket has a lot of points. AND nu uh.. it is not like baseball... baseball is much simpler... throw ball, hit ball, run bases, score points!! :D

awesome-ness is some awesome vocab word.... very creative.. but i like

flying-fudge-cake

better :p

I dont know why im falling for this, as i very well know that you guys know that the correct name for the sport is Football. However, for the muslim footy fans in England, and cos i got too much time on my hands i WILL copy and paste the history of football/soccer if need be, thus proving that the sport was invented by the English an named Football by the English.

Now people, do i need do make you read the history of football/soccer?
Silly kids.

If the above is done, then i will personally go hunt down a history of AMERICAN FOOTBALL (even though i hate that game) and post it here ... :D so ha.

THen ya'll will see why it must be called soccer. (even though i don't call it that sometimes)

Liddl15

lol, you guys...^^ Explaining cricket, fighting about football and basketball is better; personally I think football's (soccer's) better...lol *funny*^^

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

My favourite sports

1)Football(or soccer)
2)Basketball
3)Handball
4)Tennis
5)squash
6)Golf
last)cricket :angryblue:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

I play Basketball and im the best female basketball player in my school.

I also watch the NBA!!! Im a New Jersey Nets Fan!!!

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum,brother alkathiri there are actually a bunch of them especially since the chinese restaurant has opened down the street close to my house there are no more cats to do the job!.i mean the non sofisticated the grey ones..........lol
wassalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
assalamu aleikum,brother alkathiri there are actually a bunch of them especially since the chinese restaurant has opened down the street close to my house there are no more cats to do the job!.i mean the non sofisticated the grey ones..........lol
wassalam

Akhi stop that akhi. U r making me laugh...Alhamdulilah..Nice to meet u..akhi

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

Soccer
Anyone here watch Champions league...
It is a Dream Final: Milan vs Liverpool
Suprisingly they met before and even more suprising Greece and Turkey are neighbours(if u get what i mean)

My Prediction score: 2-1 to Liverpool...

Baskketball:
With regards to Basketball Iverson's team is out...
But i still hope Houston Rockets can nick this...
Yao Ming to be the MVP