Dawah with a Born-Again Christian

Bluegazer

There's an American Professor [Bart D. Ehrman] who became a Born Again Christian at the age of 15. He enrolled in Biblical studies in Christian colleges and he gained a PhD.

The things he discovered [among them 1 John 5:7-8 and John 7:53-8:11] made him an agnostic.

To read about him and hear his interview that was aired in the United States on NPR [National Public Radio], please click on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153173&postcount=128

Mairo

Maryama
In the name of Allah, the beneficient, the merciful

Assalamu Aleikum brothers and sisters,

Dear Elizabeth,

I wanted to let you know that I was a devout Christian for several years, and I have read the entire Bible. I could post a selection of many excerpts from the Bible, and you would find that no Muslim would disagree with them or state they are untrue, because the message would be in agreement with what is stated in the Qu'ran. As Muslims we are required to believe in the previous original revelations of God as well as the Qur'an. The fact of the matter is that the Bible has been changed over the years, and although one can certainly find truth contained in it, it is impossible to place full trust in it. However, the Qu'ran has been perfectly preserved in its original Arabic. The entire Qu'ran is still recited in Arabic today just as it was recited at the time of its revelation. I have never heard any dispute over any word contained in it changing or being different in any way, ever.

The reason why this particular concept of the Trinity has been harped on with you is because it is an errant viewpoint about God, according to the revelation of the Qu'ran. And as Brother Bluegazer has pointed out to you, it was a concept that was developed later in the history of Christianity, and the text of the gospels was edited as a result. It may seem as simple as "just a few words", what's the harm? The concept of the Trinity is a problem because it has become a central part or cornerstone of the way Christianity is understood and practiced, but it is based on a fabricated belief.

As Muslims we have an obligation to state the truth about God. To place partners with God, or seek to put human qualities on God, is a serious offense. You may do whatever you wish with the information you have received about this topic. If you choose to continue in the religion of Christianity, I hope you will at least leave the idea of the validity of the Trinity and hold tightly to the truth that there is only ONE GOD who is The Creator, everything else is part of his creation.

I will repeat part of what was quoted for you earlier in this thread again, it is a warning from God:

[4.171] O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.

I think your basic understanding of God and religion is good, especially for someone of your age, but you are holding onto some beliefs which are simply not true. The concept of the Trinity is one of these. Part of your idea about the Holy Spirit is another that is also in error. Your understanding that it was by the Holy Spirit that religious texts are revealed by God to the prophets is in fact true. In Islam we are taught that the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel. He not only transmitted the prior revelations to Moses and the prophets of the old Testament, and strenthened Jesus, but he transmitted the entire Qu'ran to Muhammad as well.

[2.253] We have made some of these apostles to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.
[5.110] When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
The Bee
[16.102] Say: The Holy spirit has revealed it from your Lord with the truth, that it may establish those who believe and as a guidance and good news for those who submit.

The idea that the Holy Spirit is a 3rd part of God or the expression of God is simply incorrect.

As Muslims, we have a duty to try to explain that to you. Of course ulitimately it is up to you what you choose to believe and why. I appreciate that you have never sought to "witness" to us about your religion, and I do appreciate your sincere appreciation for and respect of the religion of Islam. I hope you do not feel bullied by us, it is our hope to have caused you to consider some issues more logically. In the end, we will all return to God and he will judge between us our differences.

Sorry for the long response, but I hope it will be of some benefit to you.

Good luck and God bless

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Mairo,

I'm writing this post to inform you that I did not forget that I owe you a response on another post. I'm writing this because you might believe that I'm not fulfilling my word, since I'm posting responses to others.

However, before I get to your post, there are certain issues I have to reply to and some information that I have to acquire. Therefore, it may be a very long time before I could answer you. There are also other posts [by other members] that require that I reply to them first.

I hope that's alright with you and that you won't be offended by it.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu Alaikum sister Mairo,

I'm writing this post to inform you that I did not forget that I owe you a response on another post. I'm writing this because you might believe that I'm not fulfilling my word, since I'm posting responses to others.

However, before I get to your post, there are certain issues I have to reply to and some information that I have to acquire. Therefore, it may be a very long time before I could answer you. There are also other posts [by other members] that require that I reply to them first.

I hope that's alright with you and that you won't be offended by it.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Wa Aleikum salaam brother,

I did not think you forgot about the response you said you would give me, please be assured that I do not take offense in any way!!!

By all means, take as much time as you need, there is no rush AT ALL :)

Wasalaam

Bluegazer

To be honest, the belief in the trinity did not come about because of the addition of the fabricated words "in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth" to the text of 1 John 5:7-8. The belief in the trinity was there before.

It is also absolutely true that the the belief in the trinity was not taught by God Almighty or His messenger Jesus [peace be upon him].

The addition of the fabricated phrase came about from an anonymous scribe who wanted to provide clear Biblical support for the doctrine of the trinity. It seems he was frustrated that no such clear cut Biblical verse was there, and so he made it up and inserted it into the Bible.

To read more about this fabricated phrase [known as the Comma Johanninum and the "passage of the three witnesses"], please click on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153172&postcount=127

In the post found by accessing the above link, you'll find that the Catholic Encyclopedia had the following to say [among other things]:

After the sixth century, the disputed passage is more and more in use among the Latin Fathers; and, by the twelfth century, is commonly cited as canonical Scripture.

And -as is well known- the doctrine of the trinity was already a cornerstone of Christianity by the sixth century.

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum...Peace be upon you...

If we take statistics to find out the main reason why many christians have left christianity and accepted Islam... you will find that most of them site TRINITY as the main reason... An ideology which has become the corner stone of Christian faith... is not even once mentioned in the Bible!!

Hello Blackivy,

We're not here to mock your religion, but to show you clear cut evidence that there has been forgery & fabrication in your Bible. I can point a few others, if you'd like. I hope none of us have hurt your feelings, as it was not our intention. If we did, please forgive us. Everyone deserves a shot for the truth. God willing, you will find it.

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
eitheway since you keep trying to drill this, whats your point you trying to "prove" that the bible is forgery because one word is missing, or trinity is forgery because one word is missing ?

A few words is a lot!

"I pray for the fire in hell."

"I pray for protection from the fires in hell."

a couple of words but a whole different meaning!

God Bless
Sweet Insanity

Rashadi

if you look at the early followers of christ before the term christian or christianity that existed pre- constantine. the early followers of Christ were Jews who practiced Judaism and believed that Jesus or Yeshua (hebrew) was the messiah prophesized in the torah, psalms . some Jews felt Jesus was not the messiah for a variety of reasons, a major being the "messiah" did not save the Jews from the immediate persecution also they believed the "messiah" wouldnt declare mosaic law is no longer the way to salvation or pleasing God. in this early period Jews who believed and didnt believe both worshipped @ the same temple and synagogue. as more people started converting especially those who werent from Judea or of Jewish descent started being identified as being "Jewish" for their religious beliefs which ultimately meant persecution, as well as the fact more converts were all together not practicing mosaic laws eventually led to this desire for a separate identity.

IF YOU GUYS WATCH THE HISTORY CHANNEL, DISCOVERY CHANNEL OR KVIE - EDUCATIONAL CHANNEL AROUND PASSOVER ,EASTER, HANUKKAH/XMAS OFTEN TIMES THESE DOCUMENTARIES ABOUT HOW CHRISTIANITY BROKE AWAY FROM JUDAISM WILL BE ON

but either way in the bible it is taught that Jews were led by God not to believe Jesus was the Messiah, so that the rest of the world would recieve the gospel of Jesus Christ, but we know what we worship because of the Jewish people. and eventually when the Jews return to Israel, which has started happening, Jesus(messiah) will save them from the various lands whose always TRYING to kill them , and in that they will realize Jesus is the messiah.

Greetings blackivy, there were many different types of Christians before Constantine and they had different beliefs. The Jews of Jerusalem and Palestine in general were not as what we know as "Christians" because they were not followers of paul. Those Jews that recognized Jesus as the Messiah did not convert to anything but they were doing exactly what was right. That is what a Messiah is and Jesus (as) was exactly that, he was sent to bring the children of Israel back to the path of Moses and the Torah. The Jews that were out to kill him were not doing so because he supposedly claimed divinity but because he was a danger and threat to Rome, and the compromising Jews who were benefitting from the occupation.

If he really claimed divinity as the Bible suggests, the Jews would have simply laughed at him and he would have been considered a harmless lunatic. There would be no need to kill him because that is not something serious. If the Jews who were on the correct path would have found offense to him claiming divinity, which they would have, he would have simply been stoned to death the way they stoned others, but this is not the real picture. This church theology and propagnda and unfortunately, even some Muslims have fallen for that. There was a party of Jews who were on the right path and they were persecuted, over taxed and executed(crucified) regularly. Crucifixion wasn't something new and specially reserved for Jesus Christ(as) but this is the way the Romans executed those who were against their occupation. It was these oppressed Jews who were supporting Jesus (as) and had he claimed to be God to them, they would have stoned him, but they would be in no position to crucify him because Romans and the compromising Jews did not take orders from them, and it was these same people they were oppressing.

So the divinity claim is not correct nor was this the reason that they were trying to kill him. If he has really been preaching "pay your taxes" "it's okay that they are persecuting you" "faith is only in the heart" and "love your enemies", the Romans would have loved him for this and there would be no way that they would get rid of such a Messiah who is telling his people to submit to Rome. This is not the reality nor is this the reason they were out to execute him. He was a threat to Rome and to the Jews who who were not on the right path. The high priests were appointed by Rome and these types of Jews were getting rich by selling out their religion and people. I am not saying Jesus(as) picked up weapons and fought, but we know that these Messianic Jews fought Rome and they were all anti-occupation. They wanted to establish the law of God in the land. Even James the just, who was the successor of the Jesus(as) movement in Palestine belonged to this group.

So Jesus(as) would have been a threat naturally just being there and just by talking. The Quran tells us that Jesus (as) told the children of Israel "worship God, my lord and your lord, that is the straight path" and he further stated "fear God and obey me". These words would have been fighting words because he is calling people to obey him and to worship God. The Romans have made themselves the lawgivers and rulers in the land. Jews, just like Muslims, are required to rule by sharia(law of God) and this would be a problem for the Roman occupiers, and the Jews who had compromised would have been angry with him embarrassing them, pointing out their errors, and calling them to return to worshiping God. Of course they would want to kill him because he is causing problems. It is in this regard that Muslims and Christians differ. We believe that they were trying to kill him, but God was plotting as they were plotting and God is the best of plotters.

We believe as God tells us in the Quran:

“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto Himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.”[Qur'an 4:157–158]

As one can see from the above quoted verse, those who believe otherwise are following conjecture and have no certain knowledge in this matter. Well we know this from history that Paul came sometime after Jesus(as) was already gone, he never knew him nor saw him. Paul was in opposition to the Jesus(as) movement in Jerusalem and at one point nearly got killed by them but was rescued by Roman soldiers because of his citizenship. If he came after Jesus, it is natural that he was only following conjecture, and falsehood. He picked up the rumor that Jesus(as) was crucified and it was from this falsehood that this whole theory started and these doctrines of a man savior who redeems us from our sins. This is not the reality and the 4 gospels are written after the letters of Paul and they are written by people who follow Pauline theology. I am not a Muslim who holds the view that the Bible is the injeel nor do I try to connect the Jesus of Islam with the one of the Bible. As you have shown on here, you quote from your new testament in order to make your points about what Jesus taught, and we know from the Quran what Jesus taught and the trinity, atonement, original sin and other Christian doctrines can not be from him nor from God.

I hold the view that these gospels in the New Testament are corrupt and I stay away from them. I do not try to get information on the life of Jesus from them because they are written with a motive. The New Testament gives the impression that Palestine was peaceful and quiet place where Jesus was sitting like a Buddah statue with his legs folded and giving hour long sermons about "faith is only in the heart" and "pay your taxes to Ceasar". There is no mention of the brutal occupation, the regular crucifixions, the gang rapes and other forms of oppression. This alone is enough to notice that the writings were not written in that life time but as scholars rightly claim and they were not written in Jersusalem for a purely Jewish audience but they were written for a completely ignorant audience. The followers of Jesus were persecuted in Palestine and violently removed. They were in opposition to Paul and tried to kill him. There were many Christian sects that were declared as hereitics and the information that survives of them comes mainly from those who declared them heretics and killed them (Mainstream modern Christian church such as Catholics). For example, the followers of Jesus(as) under James believed that Jesus was the Messian, a prophet and a servant of God. They continued to obey the law of Moses(as) and they were anti-Roman occupation.

There were also many other groups that were in existense in the early centuries prior to Constantine era. In the 4th century, more than 70 sects were declared heretics and they were violently removed. My mom's church (nestorians) were also declared heretics and were persecuted by the Pauline Christians and by the Romans. It wasn't until the rise of Islam that they became safe and were freed from Roman persecution. Many of them embraced Islam in the 7th century and there is still a minority of them around, and they mainly live in Iraq, Iran and Syria. This sect started off as unitarian Christian and later try to satify the both the Romans and the Arians by willing to accept the trinity but they still refused to accept Jesus as God in full human flesh. This led to their persecution and they were killed for this. Even after accepting the Pagan trinity, they were still declared heretics.

These particular Christians read their scripture(Pe*!*!*!*!ta) in the Aramaic language and their books are based on older manuscripts. Their scripture has a different amount of books and the verses you quoted to us from the book of Mark (16:9-20) are not in their scripture nor is the story of the adulteress from the gospel of John. There are also other verses missing and other verses that are not present in your Bible. The book of Revelation is also not in the Pe*!*!*!*!ta and that is only some of the difference between them and you. I am revert to Islam and I am thankful to God for guiding me but I still am interested in the history of my culture and background. It shows how the religion of Jesus was in reality no different than the rest of the Prophets and it was after him that these controversies started. Since the early days, there were different types of groups all claiming to be followers of Jesus(as) and there is a reason for that as I indicated above. There was a party in and immediately after Jesus(as) that was on the right path, and there were others who completely rejected Jesus(compromising Jews and high priests) and there were others who lied and exaggerated about him(Pauline Christinans). The ones who were on the right path of Jesus(as) were persecuted, killed and many of their writings were destroyed.

The Quran tells us that Jesus came in the foot stepps of the prophets who came before him. He was sent by God to bring the Jews back to the right path, to uphold the Torah, submit fully to God and he also was given a revelation from his lord(Injeel). I didn't want to make this long lol, nor am I trying to attack you personally!! You seem like a nice and cool person and I am only trying to tell you a bit of my views on this and also some historical reality about the time in which Jesus Christ(as) would have lived and also about the different types of Christians. The today's Christians are all spin offs from the creed of Constantine and Paul. The modern denominations evolved out of the Catholic church and there were different sects before the Constantine era and after the many were exterminated there are new ones today that have emerged. Examples are the Protestant denominations, Anglicans, Eastern Orthodox, Jehovah's Witness, etc.

May God guide you and open your heart to the straight path, amin.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I remember once when a lot of people were passing in front to the pastor and when they were touched by him they would fall on the ground; so when it was my turn, I remember him 'pushing' me so hard that I had no other choice but to let myself fall "on the Spirit" !!!!!!

When some members of my family were talking to the pastor about me being muslim they were told: "don't worry, the Spirit is telling me that she's going to come back to christianity!!!!!!! Staghfirullah!!!

:salam2:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Brother, it was very informative and interesting to read. I think I've met those people whom you would called 'legalist'. Their characteristics fit the definition.

I don't think Sister Mirjamom said anything 'hateful' she merely displayed an strong response, and such is to be expected from a Muslim who loves Islam and are concerned with the affairs of the Muslims. Zionism brings out the worst of humanity through 'legitimate channels', practically everything associated with it is disturbing and should be avoided

[I'm not talking about Christians who sympathize with Zionist or out of ignorance voice their support of Zionist, rather the Zionist themselves who make policies and press froward their agendas].

What I mean by 'legitimate channels' is that when a crazy warlord goes on rampage and commits genocide in a third world country he is looked upon as a savage and condemned as such. However when Zionist do the same thing (in Palestine), they are looked upon as 'civilized people' defending 'freedom and liberty'. Blah Blah....

Black Ivey, if you're curious to learn about modern day Zionist then you might find this book interesting. I suggested you look into it.

"The Politics of Antisemitism" written by 18 respected figures in American/Israeli Academia of which about half of them are Jewish. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Politics-Anti-Semitism-Alexander-Cockburn/dp/1902593774

That being said, most of the 'born again' Christians know nothing about Zionism and its history, they also don't know much about Palestinian history. They merely follow the opinions of their pastors because their believe that state of Israel must be erected and supported so Jesus (A.S.) can return to Earth. What little they ("born againers") know about Zionism are sugar coated.

I cannot stop laughing about "falling on the spirit!". :lol:

:wasalam:

:salam2: I am not against christians but i feel blackivy is here not to learn but more to try to spread her version of christianity.

Amina 1

Dear Sis,
I do categorically reject your said (Allah loves everybody regardless of religion, race, culture etc. He is the judge. Who are we to judge? Only He knows who will enter paradise).
Where do you find this? I think you telling yourself to (when you don't know about something, then is better no to talk about it). Listen sis, where do you saw such a text or information?
Allah SWT will never ever love a non Muslim and the non Muslim will never ever could see the shadow of paradise. OK!
Paradise and Love of Allah is only for the peoples who were Muslim at their time (who had accepted the prophet and religion chosen for them by Allah SWT, until the arrival of Islam and Prophet Muhammad PBUH).
After that all other religions were considered as non practicable or cancelled. The only religion and people of paradise and loved by Allah SWT would be Muslims and that’s it.
When you saying that we don’t know who will enter paradise, is something you shouldn't say! Because it's clearly mentioned in Holy Qur'an: who will be entering the paradise and Loved by Allah SWT.
Finally for your more information, I just would remember you that; regardless of being a wonderful person and done a lots of good think for humanity, you can’t be loved by Allah SWT or entering paradise. The only most way and the key for the door of paradise is to be a Muslim. Then you hope to enter it.
Hopefully you understand that and confirm my said by asken a well educated Imam and scholar.
Thanks

Allah created us all and he guides us all if he did not care about non muslims he would have never guided so many to the truth. Allah is the only one who knows what is in your heart and mind so he is the only one who can decide who goes to heaven. He left 99 mercys with him and only let one down on the earth. There are a lot of good people who are not Muslim and I pray to Allah that they are guided to Islam. Who are you or any of us to say that Allah will not reward them with heaven??

Rashadi

And the funniest part of this is what the born-again Christians believe Jesus (pbuh) will do when he comes back: he will kill all the Jews! The Zionist go along with the born-again Christians because that serves their agenda, not because they share their beliefs :)

Exactly brother. These born agains are brainwashed by their pastors, who are zionists, and good actors. They brainwashe their members to support zionists, they tell them how to vote, how to think, etc. I am not saying since they can't be all painted with the same brush. There are different kinds of born agains and like all other Christians, each ones tells the rest that they are wrong. It was Christians that persecuted Jews for almost 2,000 years. It was also Christians that murdered 6 million innocent Jews. Today the born agains are at it pretending to love Jews but it has nothing to do with the love of Jews. How could they love them when they have been persecuting them for 2,000 years and how could they love them when they completely reject Jesus(as)? It is a fundamental believe of born again Christians that all the Jews must return to the holy land, and it is after all this that the Christian version of Jesus will return.

They are just as confusing as the older Christians. The Catholics and Protestants use to persecute and kill Jews for being "Christ-killers" yet at the same time they fail to realize that they should be thanking the Jews because the onlt way for salvation according to Christians is with the crucifixion of Jesus(as)(astaghfirullah). In other words, they need Jesus to die so that every pastor and his cult can go to Jannah, yet they persecuted and killed the people who made that possible for them. The born agains are no different from the Christians of the past who persecuted Jews. It's not that they love Jews that they are supporting Israel but it is zionism. They don't give charity to a poor person but they give it to zionists who are in reality not even really Jewish. To orthodox Jews, this current state of Israel which was created by western guns and money, is actually blasphemy. Orthodox Jews believe that the Messiah will return and he will establish the land of Israel, it will be ruled by the law of God and not the pagan secular laws of current Israel.

Don't let them fool you and even Catholics and other denominations see these people as false and as "cults". They say the same about then of course. Anyone in the right mind can watch these born again pastors and their cult members and see that in no way do they have anything with Jesus(as). In what way does the arrogant pastor and evangelist follow Jesus(as)? I bet if Jesus were here today, they would be expecting him to follow them and not the other way around. This is a new sect that emerged recently and it is something used by Zionists to get their own agendas. The government of Israel don't like them and I work with Jews who make fun of them and their Christian faith. It is because they are willing to give charity to support zionism and Zionist have to pretend like they like them. Don't let them fool you with all their deceptions. I spent many years among them and know them inside out. There are different types of Christians who say they are "born again" and they can't be all painted with the same brush, but there is no doubt that they are brainwashed and they take their pastors and ministers as gods.

Let me know if you need more info about these people and I be more than happy to assist. With all their training and sneak tatctics, they are always careful with me. They do not come harrass me and I have always refuted them. They can only hope to deceive ignorant people and Muslims who have no idea about these people. Their pastors are pretty much false prophets and they deceive them. They control their minds and get rich of them. It can be seen how there is a new cult coming out all the time, mostly from the U.S. and sure enough the founder of the new cult finds a few people to catch. Jim Jones, the founder of the peoples temple, started of as a Babtist minister, he supposedly performed "miracles" in his church, people were giving their money to him, he became a millioniare, and ended up making his cult drink poison. In the end he even claimed to be God, and why not do that when the people are already made to believe that God appeared on earth 2,000 years ago as a human. Every so often some pastor will do the same and sure enough find a few who will fall for it and make them rich.

So all this support for Israel is not out of love but it is because these lunatics think that it is fulfilling their "prophecies". This is why they support zionism and they believe the anti-Christ will slaughter the Jews in the holy land, lol. This is how confused they are. If words have any meanings to these people, they are preparing the Jews for another holocaust and they are hoping that it is Muslims who will do it, but of course we already know the truth about the dajjal and and the return of Isa(as). They will be shocked and they will become deceived by the dajjal just as they become deceived by theor ministers and pastors.