Dawah with a Born-Again Christian

BrotherZak

Salaam respected brother,

I have every right to do so according to the verses I have given you.

And saying that someone is a Kaafir [an unbeliever[ does not mean that I judge that specific individual to Hell. Because:

1- I do not know if the message of Islam reached him in a clear and undistorted way
2- I do not know what state he died in [i.e., as a Muslim or as a non Muslim]

Furthermore, this position [i.e., that Jews and Christians can also be called Kuffaar [unbelievers] in addition to the term ِAhlul Kitaab [People of the Book] is not only the position of those scholars I named, but of the vast majority of scholars who many consider "moderate".

And I will not leave their opinion and their understanding for an article written by someone I do not know -[with all respect to BrotherZak...I intend no disrespect].

All praise is to Allah the Almighty and all mistakes are from myself.

Well let me give you an intro of this scholar: "Born in Karachi, Pakistan on 27th Dec 1962, Moiz Amjad matriculated in 1978 from St. Mary's High School, Lahore. In 1986, he completed his MBA (Masters in Business Administration) from the University of the Punjab, Lahore securing top position in the University and was, subsequently, awarded a scholarship for pursuing a Phd. in a field of his choice. However, in 1988, preferring to study the Islamic disciplines in the traditional method of personal tutelage which is still in vogue in the sub-continent he was accepted as a pupil by a renowned scholar of Islamic law and philosophy, in Pakistan, Javed Ahmad Ghamidi - a pupil of one of the most respected Islamic scholars in the Sub-Continent and a commentator of the Qur'an - Amin Ahsen Islahi. Under the guidance of Ghamidi, Moiz Amjad studied the Arabic language, the Qur'an and other Islamic disciplines and in January 2000 was appointed Research Associate to his mentor.

Moiz Amjad has remained president of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Research and Education (1996-7), Director Danish Sara a Center for Islamic Propagation (1997-8) and Editor of Ishraq a monthly (Urdu) Islamic journal in (1997-9). As one of the founders of Mus 'ab Public School, he was actively involved in preparing the curriculum of the school. He has served as a visiting Faculty Member at various renowned institutes and colleges in Pakistan.

As you can see, highly knowledgable, and a scholar of the deen. But i say his opinion on the matter at www.understanding-islam.com is highly reasonable and makes sense and is backed up by the quran and sunnah.

Professional Information

Research Associate to Javed Ahmed Ghamidi from January 2000.

Editor Monthly "Ishraq" (urdu) Since January 1997 - December 1999.

Editor of Web Site "Understanding Islam" since the inception of the site in October, 1997 to date.

Director "Danish Sera" -- a centre for the propagation of Islam. since the inception of "Danish Sera" in March 1997 till December 1998.

Member Board of Directors, Mus`ab Public School, a project of Mus`ab Welfare Society.

President "Al-Mawrid" -- Institute of Islamic Sciences -- from August 1996 to June 1997.

Vice President -- Research at "Al-Mawrid" from March 1995 to August 1996.

Director Research at "Al-Mawrid" from September 1993 to March 1995.

Research Assistant to Javed Ahmad Ghamidi in his work on Islamic Law and Philosophy from August 1989 to September 1993.

Regular contributor in the monthly "Ishraq" (urdu) since January, 1992.

Served/Serving as Visiting Faculty Member at:

The Punjab College of Commerce.

Institute of Business Administration, University of the Punjab

The International University from July 1988 to December 1988

Guest Speaker at the following institutions:

National Institute of Public Administration, Lahore, Pakistan

The Administrative Staff College, Lahore, Pakistan

The Civil Services Academy, Walton, Lahore from 1989 to 1992

The Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan

Management and Professional Development Department, Government of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan

Served at the "Youth Investment Promotion Society" -- a subsidiary of "National Development Finance Corporation" as Assistant Manager, Projects (1987 - 1988).

Served in "Chartac Business Services" as Assistant Manager, Projects (January - May 1987)

Served as internee at "Citi Bank Inc." (1986).

Served as Internee at "American Express Bank" (1984).

Some of the Major Writing Projects:

Kitab al-talaq (urdu), the explanation of the law of divorce of Islam.

Teesri' Talaq kay Ahka'm, an explanation of the directives following the third incidence of divorce, including issues like Halalah etc.

Taubah (urdu), the rules regarding penitence in the Qur'an and the sayings ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh)

Rasu'l Allah per I'ma'n kay Taqazay, an explanation of the meaning and implications of the belief in the prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh).

kitab al-taharat, the rules regarding purification of the body. The main article was divided into the following parts:

Ba'b al-wudhu, rules regarding ablution

Ba'b al-Ghusl, rules regarding the ritual bath

Ba'b al-Miyah, rules regarding the waters to be used in ablution and the ritual bath

Ba'b al-Haidh wal-nifa's, rules regarding a woman's menstrual periods and puerperal haemorrhages

Ba'b al-Tayammum, rules regarding dry ablution (an allowance in the case of illness, while on a journey or in the absence of water

Aurat ki' Gawahi', an exchange of views with Dr. Mehmood Ahmad Ghazi -- Director Dawah Academy, International Islamic University Islamabad, on the issue of "Woman's Witness" in Islam.

Siyassi' Satah per Mujawwazah Tabdeelian, an account of the changes recommended for the Islamization of the political system of Pakistan.

Saza'on kay Niza'm main Mujawwazah Tabdeelian, an account of the changes proposed for the Islamization of the penal laws of Pakistan.

Ta`li'mi' Nizam main Mujawwazah Tabdeelian, an account of changes recommended for making the Education system of Pakistan more effective and coherrent with Islamic values

Iqamat e Deen, an explanation of the Qur'anic term "Iqamat e deen" and a critique of the explanation of this term by Maulana Maududi as accepted by the Jama`at e Islami -- this explanation is one of the three pillars and the basis of the total philosophy of the Jama`at e Islami.

Izha'r e Deen, an explanation of the Qur'anic term "Izha'r e deen" and a critique of the explanation of this term by Maulana Maududi as accepted by the Jama`at e Islami -- this explanation is one of the three pillars and the basis of the total philosophy of the Jama`at e Islami.

Iltiza'm e Jama`at kay ma`ni, an explanation of the term "Iltiza'm e Jama`at" and "Al-Jama`at" as used in a number of sayings ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh) and a critique of the explanation of this term by Maulana Maududi and other scholars of the Jama`at e Islami -- this explanation is one of the three pillars and the basis of the total philosophy of the Jama`at e Islami.

Rasu'loan kay ba'b main sunnat e Ilahi, an explanation of the Divine law regarding the messengers (rasu'l) of Allah.

All my major writings in the English language are posted on this site -- "Understanding Islam"

jamafg

Love

I ONLY LOVE MY ALLAH SWT, THE PROPHETS PBUT, THE ANGELS, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF ISLAM, MY HOLY QUR'AN AND WHAT EVER IS THE TEACHING OF ISLAM.
I ONLY RESPECT THE NON MUSLIM, BUT I DO NOT LOVE THEM:allahuakbar:
:shahadah:
:hawla:
:tti_sister:

BrotherZak

Title:
Explanation of Al-Maaidah 5: 48 - Success in the Hereafter for People of Other Faiths

Question:

In Surah 5:48 there is a statement that is often interpreted as allowing other people to have their faiths because they can lead to God as well. However, if this is so then many non-Muslims state that why should they follow the Qur'an and Islam if they can simply follow their own faiths?

Could you comment?

Salam

Answer:

The referred interpretation of the cited verse is not very accurate. The related portion of the verse reads as:

"Had God pleased, He could have made you one community, but [He did not do so] to test you in what he has bestowed upon you. Therefore, [do not fret over those who reject your message and] strive hard to take lead in virtue. [Be mindful of the fact that ultimately,] your return shall be to your Lord and then shall He inform you [and pronounce His judgment] about the things in which you differed." (Al-Maaidah 5: 48)

If you look closely at the referred verse, you shall see that it does not say that all paths lead to God. On the contrary, it says that if God had wanted, He could have guided all humanity to one path and resolved all differences among them. However, this would effectively have meant that man be forced into submission. This would have meant that the freedom of choice - in accepting or rejecting the truth or in doing good or bad deeds - be taken away from man. However, because God wanted to test man by bestowing upon him the freedom to do good or bad and to choose between right and wrong, He, therefore, did not force him into submission. It is the result of this freedom that God has bestowed upon man that some people accept the truth while others are allowed to become adversaries to it. Thus, in this context, the believers are directed to ignore those who are still persistent in their rejection even after the truth has become apparent to them. They are directed to concentrate on taking lead in good deeds rather than fretting over the rejecters. Finally, they are reminded of the fact that if God has bestowed man with freedom in a particular sphere of his life, which results in the existence of differences among them, it does not mean that God is indifferent towards the good and the bad. Soon shall He gather all humanity and then pass His judgment about the differences that existed among them. On that day, those who submitted to the truth shall be rewarded for their good behavior, while those who knowingly rejected the truth shall be doomed to an eternal punishment.

jamafg

JUST ONE QUESTION;
HOW CAN YOU LOVE SOMEONE, AND THEN PUT HIM IN DIFFICULTIES?
HOW CAN ALLAH SWT LOVE THE NON MUSLIMS, AND THEN THEY WILL BE SENT TO HELL?
IF ALLAH LOVE SOMEONE, THEN THEY WILL BE PEOPLE OF JANNAH (PARADISE):inshallah:

BrotherZak

JUST ONE QUESTION;
HOW CAN YOU LOVE SOMEONE, AND THEN PUT HIM IN DIFFICULTIES?
HOW CAN ALLAH SWT LOVE THE NON MUSLIMS, AND THEN THEY WILL BE SENT TO HELL?
IF ALLAH LOVE SOMEONE, THEN THEY WILL BE PEOPLE OF JANNAH (PARADISE):inshallah:

go back and read some of my responses as well it may help. I was quoting a scholar and i suggest you visit understanding-islam.com

Most of those type of questions are answered..alhamdillah

jamafg

YOU REALLY NEED TO LEARN MUCH ABOUT ISLAM , THEN DISCUSS OR GIVE YOUR PERSONAL OPINION. ISLAM IS NOT YOUR/MY OPINION! IT'S ALL FROM THE HOLLY QUR'AN AND SUNNAH WITH PROOFS.
ALLAH GUIDE ALL, AMEEN
ALSO IF YOU REALLY ACCEPT THAT ALLAH IS THE MOST POWER FULL, THEN ASK HIM FOR HELP! HE WILL INSHALLAH FOR SURE HELP YOU WITH YOUR FAMILY OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS.:hawla:

:salam2: Bravo sister Sa'diyah,

You are absolutely right. I have thought about why some people think like that, that Allah (SWT) hates all non-Muslims, and I think it is because of the English word "love".

We all know that Allah (SWT) has said in the Quran that those who will reject his message will be punished in the hell fire. Some people think that since Allah will punish them in the hell fire so He must hate them too. And this is creating the confusion.

You know if you have 2 children, one is obedient and the other is not. If you punish the child who is disobedient then does that mean that you also hate that child. NO !!! You still very much love that child, and this love, which comes from Allah (SWT) is a tiny fraction of that love Allah (SWT) has for His creations, from which He has distributed a tiny fraction among His creations. So I don't understand how someone can think that Allah (SWT) who created humans hate them just because He is punishing them for their wrong doings.

Sister Mairo is so right when she asked that if you are supposed to hate all non-Muslims then how/why Allah allowed Muslim men to marry Jew and Christian women. To hate them ???

So, I think it is the word "love" which is creating confusion. Also since some of these people were born in Muslim families so they have no idea what a person goes thru during the conversion process and the impact on the relationship with family members who are non-Muslim. They are totally oblivious to it. And to me this is more remarkable since Islam puts so much emphasis on love and respect for your parents and how to behave with your parents and your siblings and your family members regardless whether they are Muslim or not. We can see tons of examples in the time of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). How he loved his uncle Abu Talib even though he was not a Muslim, and the behaviour of sahabaas with their non-muslim family members etc.

I think since this is just a mute point to have further discussion on this topic, I will not post anything further on this thread.

If I have said anything wrong then please forgive me.
:wasalam:

BrotherZak

YOU REALLY NEED TO LEARN MUCH ABOUT ISLAM , THEN DISCUSS OR GIVE YOUR PERSONAL OPINION. ISLAM IS NOT YOUR/MY OPINION! IT'S ALL FROM THE HOLLY QUR'AN AND SUNNAH WITH PROOFS.
ALLAH GUIDE ALL, AMEEN
ALSO IF YOU REALLY ACCEPT THAT ALLAH IS THE MOST POWER FULL, THEN ASK HIM FOR HELP! HE WILL INSHALLAH FOR SURE HELP YOU WITH YOUR FAMILY OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS.:hawla:

Salam but i tend to agree with her on some points.

jamafg

IT SEEM LIKE THERE IS LOTS OF ISLAMS ENEMIES, THEN THE REAL MUSLIMS WHO TRY TO DO THEIR DAWA FOR THE HAPPINESS OF ALLAH SWT!!!
THERE IS NO MORE NEED FOR ME TO DISCUSS ANY ISSUE AND ASK ALLAH SWT TO KEEP ALL MUSLIMS IN HIS PROTECTION. AMEEN

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

This is sad. We have so much to accomplish and here we are arguing over a post of a 19 year old girl. A girl who does not even understand the fundamentals of Christanity and has caused so much discord amongst Muslims. People come to your senses. This train is about to derail.
Keep it simple people. The perfection of religion is Islam. There is no compulsion. Take it or leave it. There can be no interpertations...so quit. We have some brilliant minds wasting time. It is worse than a rerun.
Brothers Zack, Bluegrazer, Jameel, and Humble One I respect you so much..let us stop..many have not reached the juncture on the Path whereas they see the need for Muslims to be with only Muslims. It is not something one can describe..it is an action. It is an unveiling, a blessing, a gift from Allah subhana talla.
We make a choice to be with our own. We make a choice to be with Muslims because we are a family...understanding comes as a gift..revelation is a gift..you can not argue the benefits of spritual gifts in concrete terms.
I pray if I have written anything wrong Allah subhana talla forgives me.

jamafg

My last word is the one of the Holy Qur'an, Allah SWT and Prophet Muhammad PBUH

Surah Al-Baiyina (The Clear Evidence)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

لَمْ يَكُنِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ مُنفَكِّينَ حَتَّى تَأْتِيَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَةُ
The infidels and polytheists of the Book were not to leave their religion until there came to them clear proof.
رَسُولٌ مِّنَ اللَّهِ يَتْلُو صُحُفًا مُّطَهَّرَةً
What is that? the Messenger from Allah who recites scriptures pure.
فِيهَا كُتُبٌ قَيِّمَةٌ
Therein are written straight discourses
وَمَا تَفَرَّقَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَةُ
And there was no division among the people of the Book but after clear proof had come to them.
وَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ حُنَفَاء وَيُقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَذَلِكَ دِينُ الْقَيِّمَةِ
And they were only commanded to worship Allah, being exclusively one sided and should establish the prayer and pay the poor due (Zakat). And this is the right faith.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أُوْلَئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ
Undoubtedly, all the infidels of the Book and polytheists are in the fire of Hell they shall abide therein. They are the worst of creatures.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أُوْلَئِكَ هُمْ خَيْرُ الْبَرِيَّةِ
Undoubtedly, those who believed and did good deeds, they are the best of creatures.
جَزَاؤُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ جَنَّاتُ عَدْنٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا رَّضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ ذَلِكَ لِمَنْ خَشِيَ رَبَّهُ
Their recompense is with their Lord, gardens of habitation, beneath which flow streams, abiding therein forever, Allah is well pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah, This is for him who fears his Lord.​

blackivy393

well i didnt mean to cause"discord amonst muslims" but when someone asked what a born again christian believed. i only said we believe this, the bible says this, and we interpret the bible to mean this. sorry if that has offended people or that wasnt you're reality or experience when you were christian ^_-

jamafg

Who are my best friends?​
Ans: Your best friends are the ones that care where you go after you are dead. This is how the prophets PBHT acted. They cared that we go to heaven, even if it meant some hardship on earth.

leandra

How is anyone to say that any book, is the truth? ONLY GOD knows. Now, I know because of the fact that I have alot of Islamic friends, is why I tried to embrace the religion and become of it. But to me it didnt feel right. And to Christians, its not a religion.. so remember if you want to codemn us, call it our 'Faith'. Because you could pick a random monkey out of a jungle and call him GOD and thats religion. But as Black Ivy said in that beautiful quote in Revelations, Jesus said whomever add to it, add to their plagues.. BUT He also said whomever take away from it. Mohamed took away Jesus as the Son of GOD. Now, I am a firm believer that GOD doesnt have to prove Himself to anyone. You believe or you dont. But also, someone quoted that if we can speak in tounges (which I can and has been scientifically proven to release a chemical from the brain that helps your immune system) then we can also drink of poison. GOD said use a little wisdom in all things, now i wouldnt neccisarily go up and drink a glass of poison because it says it. Because it ALSO says DO NOT TEST GOD.

Basically, you guys want us to prove that Jesus IS the Son of GOD.. and with physical proof I can not. In my heart I can tell you that I feel GOD with me everywhere. And if GOD has shunned the non muslims, then why in millions of churches everywhere are miracles happening? Are they not of GOD.? In my church that I used to go to, a women had not walked in 3 Yrs and was wheel chair bound. My Pastor prayed for her, she fell out in the Holy Spirit, and about 10 minutes later she ran around the whole church. And let me add that this is a huge church. Now, my Pastor is NOT a doctor.. So was this healing not of GOD?

gazkour

Leandra

Salam Leandra,

Miracles are not a definite prove of someone's 'godliness' or spirituality. I have seen miracles performed by the Virgin Mary, the Pope, some saints, from witchcraft, mediums, and other 'spirits' out there. If you read your Bible you can see that some of the people closer to God NEVER performed a miracle.

If our chistian friends don't have a "physical" prove(in the Bible) so I wonder where did you all take this believe from, if your book of reference is exactly the Bible.

Question: Is it a definite prove just to say that "you feel God with you everywhere" to believe something that contradicts the great comandment of God of "not having other gods" apart from Him? I wonder at this point who are the ones "adding" or "taking away" things from God's word.

Please Leandra I advice you respectfully to read all your Bible and you'll realize that from Genesis on, the Message was always the same : submit, worship and obey the Only God, The Creator and without comparing others to Him until Paul received a "revelation" and for some reason changedthat same message when he said now that Jesus was God.

Did Moses, Adan, Noah and all the rest of messengers (Peace be upon them all) believe in the Trinity? Even Jesus came with the same message of the oneness of God! (Luc 4:8, Mark 6:4, Mat.19:17)

Jesus came to confirm, but no to cancelthe law, so why Paul did it when Jesus(PBUH) himself condemned anyone who did so? Mat.5:17

You cannot understand what Islam is really about by just "trying to be one"(as you said). You have to live as one by studying the Coran, the Sunna and and you'll realize that the message of our prophet has no contradiction or addition to the original one : Submit to the One and Only and give no partners to Him.

Jesus was circumcised, he didn't eat pork, he washed his feet before entering the temple, all according to God's commandments...I ask : do christians do that? So who's "taking away" things from the Law?

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Miracles are not a definite prove of someone's 'godliness' or spirituality. I have seen miracles performed by the Virgin Mary, the Pope, some saints, from witchcraft, mediums, and other 'spirits' out there. If you read your Bible you can see that some of the people closer to God NEVER performed a miracle.

Assalamualikum...Peace be upon you...

Dear Gazkour,

First of all, i apologize for not thanking you for answering my question about Born-Again Christians...earlier in this thread, you had given a brief idea about the miracles associated with Born agains... Jazakallah Khayren...

I just wanted to know...during your time as a born-again...when you were experiencing these spiritual feelings...like the Holy Spirit taking control over you and talking in tongues... Did this ONLY happen when you were in groups...or did you experience this when u were alone in a room??

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Assalamualikum...Peace be upon you...

Dear Gazkour,

First of all, i apologize for not thanking you for answering my question about Born-Again Christians...earlier in this thread, you had given a brief idea about the miracles associated with Born agains... Jazakallah Khayren...

I just wanted to know...during your time as a born-again...when you were experiencing these spiritual feelings...like the Holy Spirit taking control over you and talking in tongues... Did this ONLY happen when you were in groups...or did you experience this when u were alone in a room??

You don't have to apoligize, no worries!

Now that you ask about being "taken" by the Holly Spirit and I really think about it, I can say that I honestly never felt "taken" by it while speaking in tongues, if you know what I mean.
Speaking in tongues was, at least for me, just uttering an unknown language without any particular feeling. I was told it is just "understood by the Spirit and God" . Actually I can do it now, every time I want, I just pretend speaking a different language very fast.
That was exactly one of the things that concerned me the most : Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong? Why I don't feel anything? I see others being quite emotional about the thing, but not me! Like when the pastor pushed me so hard that I just had no choice but to let myself fall on the floor.....again was it just me?
Anyway, as I said I could speak in tongues, while driving, at church, before sleeping and even now! jejeje
I hope I have answered your question, I know, I know, it is very confusing!

May Allah guide us all.

miss sahal

asaalamu alaikum brothers/sisters

i think it is born-again Christian i am no sure? coz i am muslim n bron to muslim

Christians say that when someone gets “saved”, it means they have put their trust in Jesus Christ, whom the Bible identifies as the Son of God, to “save” them from eternal punishment in Hell (the place of eternal torment) after they die.

Born-again Christians believe that when they are saved they will not go to Hell when they die, but instead they receive eternal life, and will go to be with God and all other saved people in Heaven.

AND
The Question: These “gifts” like speaking in tongues, seeing visions etc; are they from Allah? Most of the born-again Christians confess that being born-again has actually changed their characters from Bad to GOOD!! The Quran states that “All Good is from Allah”…

gazkour

Assalamo alikom

asaalamu alaikum brothers/sisters

The Question: These “gifts” like speaking in tongues, seeing visions etc; are they from Allah? Most of the born-again Christians confess that being born-again has actually changed their characters from Bad to GOOD!! The Quran states that “All Good is from Allah”…

Dear sister, this exact question was discussed right here. Please check the first page, question #3 and all the following replies. I hope you find an answer there. Should you have more questions please don't hesitate, we'll all try to answer enshaAllah.

Assalamo Alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

How is anyone to say that any book, is the truth?

That is something that you have to research. Have an open heart, read about Buddhism, read about Hinduism, read about Judaism, read about Islam. Be sincere and ask the Creator of the world to help you. The Creator does not leave his creation unanswered. You have to compare each to see what makes sense to you. You see, we Muslims have come forth with Christians in believing in Jesus (pbuh) but you have not come forth in believing in Mohammad (pbuh). I recommend you listen to the debates of scholar Ahmed Deedat, who has expertise on comparative religion in both the Bible & Quran - check Youtube. May God help you find truth and the right path.

And if GOD has shunned the non muslims, then why in millions of churches everywhere are miracles happening? Are they not of GOD.?

I see "miracles" every second of my life. The miracle to open my eyes and see, the miracle to make choices, the miracle to taste food, the miracle of the solar system, the miracle of night and day, etc. Many of the prophet in Islam performed miracles to confirm that they were messengers of God. Yes, we Muslims believe in all the miracles of Jesus (pbuh) and we believe his birth was miraculous. Mohammad (pbuh) also performed miracles. Did you know that Mohammad (pbuh) split the moon!

(Quran, 54:1-3)

1. The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).

2. And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: "This is continuous magic."

3. They belied (the Verses of Allah, this Quran), and followed their own lusts. And every matter will be settled [according to the kind of deeds (for the doer of good deeds, his deeds will take him to Paradise, and similarly evil deeds will take their doers to Hell)].

You know even David Blaine & David Copperfield perform "miracles." Are they from God? In Islam we say NO and there is a valid and logical reason.

Playing with magic and fortune telling is selling your soul to Iblis (devil). If Copperfield was truly a magician then he should cut his head off and put it back on! These things leads people away from the worship of God. People's eyes get caught by the illusions and they find it hard to explain how it was performed - only through the knowledge of Allah swt and understanding the world of the jinns can a person truly see this error.

God's countless manifestation is displayed in every day life. We see the miracles in the Quran, we see the miracles of God's law and why he made certain things forbidden (i.e eating porking) and certain things halal. There is wisdom in everything the Creator has laid for us.

In my church that I used to go to, a women had not walked in 3 Yrs and was wheel chair bound. My Pastor prayed for her, she fell out in the Holy Spirit, and about 10 minutes later she ran around the whole church. And let me add that this is a huge church. Now, my Pastor is NOT a doctor.. So was this healing not of GOD?

Every good comes from God and that girls existence maybe lead her to the path of Islam or maybe a test for the believers. God knows best.

If you are content with your faith then let it be, as there is no compulsion in Islam (2:256). "Lakum deenukum wa li-ya deen" - To you be your religion and to me my religion

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask :SMILY259: