Do you like coffee???

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2: Sister,

I started liking Coffee after reading the book "The Road to Makkah", it is basically about travels of a Jewish convert Journalist from Austria.

He travelled much of the Muslim world from Saudi to North Africa and from Iran to Astar Khan in Russia. Most of it is devoted to day to day life of Arabian desert which includes Coffee.

By the way, Check out this video about Coffee from Indonesia...Might leave some bad taste...

[yt]0pajB4g3Q6Q[/yt]

:wasalam:

:salam2:

Mashallah, it is very nice video. Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us oportunity to learn more about coffee. I need to be honest, I liked only cups for coffee in this video.:hijabi:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

I prefer black tea over coffee. I tried Turkish Coffee its like a charger.. no matter how sweet you make it you end up with its original taste.

By the way I love to sip cold coffee with ice cream.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Starbucks dont support Israeel. This is what emotional Muslims say after watching a few clips on Youtube.

Read from their own sources:

Is it true that Starbucks provides financial support to Israel?

No. This is absolutely untrue. Rumors that Starbucks Coffee Company provides financial support to the Israeli government and/or the Israeli Army are unequivocally false. Starbucks is a publicly held company and as such, is required to disclose any corporate giving each year through a proxy statement. In addition, articles in the London Telegraph (U.K.), New Straits Times (Malaysia), and Spiked (online) provide an outside perspective on these false rumors.

http://news.starbucks.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=200

Its a tad too expensive though

https://www.inminds.com/boycott-starbucks.html

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu'laykum,

Some of those pics look totally delicious. In answer to the thread question, yes I like coffee but Im more addicted to the smell than the taste.

I love the smell all the time but the taste of it, only some of the time, its a heavenly aroma. In perfume shops they place coffee beans to sniff between each perfume type, this ensures you can judge each perfume seperately without getting confused between them - it really works.

wa alaikum salaam,

Your post reminded me of when I was younger, I loved to go with my mom to the coffee shops where she would buy her coffee beans, the smell was just wonderful. However, I was so disappointed when I first tasted coffee, I didn't realize how bitter it would be! But now it seems I can't live without it, been a daily coffee drinker for the last 15 years now. Just love it!! And now whenever I fast I usually find it is the thing I miss the most LOL

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah!

Is that how a black coffee looks like..?or creamed-black coffee..?@Ukht Umm Muhamma...I know Nothing about the difference, lol;-)

Sister Asja, i don't mean to be such a killjoy...and trust me, I sooo do not want to be the odd one out here...But I dont like coffee(whether black, with milk, cream or whatever else people add to it..). As a matter of fact, I don't like tea either!lol Tea actually seems more...horrible tasting...than coffee. My dad though(last i saw him)...he's an addict to this coffee thing, kinda like how brother Saif is and Aapa WAS=). which, I find quite unhealthy, but hey, there's not much i can do about it!
so yeah...enjoy your coffees guys!(I might not be a fan of it at all, but I DO mean it.=))

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Is that how a black coffee looks like..?or creamed-black coffee..?@Ukht Umm Muhamma...I know Nothing about the difference, lol;-)

Sister Asja, i don't mean to be such a killjoy...and trust me, I sooo do not want to be the odd one out here...But I dont like coffee(whether black, with milk, cream or whatever else people add to it..). As a matter of fact, I don't like tea either!lol Tea actually seems more...horrible tasting...than coffee. My dad though(last i saw him)...he's an addict to this coffee thing, kinda like how brother Saif is and Aapa WAS=). which, I find quite unhealthy, but hey, there's not much i can do about it!
so yeah...enjoy your coffees guys!(I might not be a fan of it at all, but I DO mean it.=))

Thank you dear sister for your sweet reply. Alhamdulilah it is fine. Everyone likes diffrent. :hijabi:

May Allah bless you

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Yeahhhhhhhh i ♥ coffee :D those pics made me want to get some ASAP! LOL :D

*off to make some coffee* :SMILY139:

May you enjoy in your coffee dear sister. :hijabi:. May Allah give you baraakah in what you drink. Ameen summa ameem

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
coffeestat.gif

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Ukhti, you are my new best friend, lol! I love the smell of coffee, but not the taste as much - as it is too bitter. I only like the instant coffee with lots of milk and sugar, but not like the coffee you usually get in shops in America. It's waaaaay too bitter. Same with tea. I am not a big tea drinker (only when sick!). However, I do like a little green tea with lemon once in a while. Maybe its just that I haven't tried the different variations of coffee? But I tried one or two times and HATED what they gave me - tooooooo bitter. Lol. Any suggestions on what I can drink, a coffee which is real sweet, has some milk and is not that bitter. ?? Sometimes the coffee shops smell like butterscotch - what is that?

I feel I am so ignorant when it comes to coffee

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is a developed taste. I am an old timer and we waste time drinking coffee. It is a lovey tool for conversation.

When coffee is bitter it is the fact that the machine used to brew the coffee is not clean. You need to use vinegar to clean out the coffee maker/espresso machine etc. This removes the bitterness.

You can add flavors such as hazelnut to anything under the sun..that will remove the bitterness.

Sister Val...I am of Indo/Paki background and my parents love to boil the tea with cardamon and who knows what else and add boiled milk with a skin...I, being the perpetual rebellious teenager drink coffee.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

true what Aapa says about the bitterness. However, it could also be due to the coffee beans been roasted for too long. Or the combination of beans the ground coffee is made of. Sorry for the details but I LOVE coffee plus I've been working in the business for several years LOL!!

Aapa, one day inshaAllah we'll meet and have a long and nice chat while drinking some coffee :)

justoneofmillion

Haha how can I not like coffee!The ironic thing is that when I was a child I hated a lot of things that now I do Appreciate.Coffee,Hot pepper of course,Aubergines,Ognions,Garlic that I eat every morning now with olive oil because I know it's healthy and I love it...I didn t like both before!One thing didn't change though and that is that I can basically not eat without Lemon!hehe I love Lemon I eat it all with the skin and put it inside most of the dishes oh and cheese too that didn't change am worse than a mouse still!.Now let me get another espresso doppio a l' italiana, you guys have no idea what I have been offered by an Italian childhood friend of mine. Il caffe della mamma,mi capisci !It's delicious.I told him it was still Arabica hehe we both laughed.German Coffee you get served outside is usually ..., well let us Germans be good in building cars...etc.Sorry if I went a little off topic your post just made me think of this paradox in tastes one has as a child and in adulthood. Alhamdulillah for all the things we are permitted to enjoy and all the senses that were created to embrace them so beautifully and naturally thanks to his majesty.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Haha how can I not like coffee!The ironic thing is that when I was a child I hated a lot of things that now I do Appreciate.Coffee,Hot pepper of course,Aubergines,Ognions,Garlic that I eat every morning now with olive oil because I know it's healthy and I love it...I didn t like both before!One thing didn't change though and that is that I can basically not eat without Lemon!hehe I love Lemon I eat it all with the skin and put it inside most of the dishes oh and cheese too that didn't change am worse than a mouse still!.Now let me get another espresso doppio a l' italiana, you guys have no idea what I have been offered by an Italian childhood friend of mine. Il caffe della mamma,mi capisci !It's delicious.I told him it was still Arabica hehe we both laughed.German Coffee you get served outside is usually ..., well let us Germans be good in building cars...etc.Sorry if I went a little off topic your post just made me think of this paradox in tastes one has as a child and in adulthood. Alhamdulillah for all the things we are permitted to enjoy and all the senses that were created to embrace them so beautifully and naturally thanks to his majesty.

Mashallah dear brother, you mentioned all kinds of spices and food.:hijabi:.

Jazzak Allah khair for sharing with us.All thank be to Allah for every blessing from Him.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

many people/frnds ask me, what you like about the coffee?
ans: the burning flavor/smell of coffee, the slight bitter taste of the beans and of course the color!
I also use to crash the beans with my teeth while the coffee is being prepared,

but I can live without coffee, i have checked this!!!!...lolz

yes, ofcourse it is something that, over consuming is bad for health, but believe me, I take it even before going to sleep, it doesn't work on keeping me awake!! but it gives a image, i must say, that when I drink, it seems like I'm busy/studying.....lolz..impression!

I like tea also, I just bought fruit and orange flavored tea, I have also normal tea, usually normal milk tea is most fvr8, but also raw tea with lemon.

aah, I'm just back from one of my senior brother's apartment, I just had a mug of coffee, after dinner, now Insha Allah I'll go to sleep

JazakAllah khair for the wonderful thread sister
there is a lot of coffee lover

I've once taken the Turkish coffee, it is smooth but it is much bitter, really bitter one, I hope someother like bro Abu Talib have taste this

one thing I must say: I haven't tried cold-coffee, while I always have ice tea in my home as juice!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
salam alaikum

many people/frnds ask me, what you like about the coffee?
ans: the burning flavor/smell of coffee, the slight bitter taste of the beans and of course the color!
I also use to crash the beans with my teeth while the coffee is being prepared,

but I can live without coffee, i have checked this!!!!...lolz

yes, ofcourse it is something that, over consuming is bad for health, but believe me, I take it even before going to sleep, it doesn't work on keeping me awake!! but it gives a image, i must say, that when I drink, it seems like I'm busy/studying.....lolz..impression!

I like tea also, I just bought fruit and orange flavored tea, I have also normal tea, usually normal milk tea is most fvr8, but also raw tea with lemon.

aah, I'm just back from one of my senior brother's apartment, I just had a mug of coffee, after dinner, now Insha Allah I'll go to sleep

JazakAllah khair for the wonderful thread sister
there is a lot of coffee lover

I've once taken the Turkish coffee, it is smooth but it is much bitter, really bitter one, I hope someother like bro Abu Talib have taste this

one thing I must say: I haven't tried cold-coffee, while I always have ice tea in my home as juice!

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

May Allah reword you dear brother for sharing with us so much informations about coffee.

There are so many things that makes coffee nice drink, but I did not remember it could be color of coffee that makes her special, SubhanAllah. :hijabi:.

Coffee is aslo good drink for those who have low blood presure, and it is also nice to drink coffee when one feels tired.,and it is importante part of many cultures in the world, because coffee is drinking in the most part of worlds.

But do not drink too much coffee dear brother. :hijabi:. Instead of drinking a loot of cups of coffees you can change it with tea or juice.Inshallah.

May Allah bless you