Going to the prom..

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
:salam2:

Mashallah May Allah bless your parents. what a great upbringing it must have been inshallah i hope my children be brought up young worshiping Allah. And May Allah make you protected under his shade on the day of judgement...

:wasalam:

Assalamu alaykum sis : )
May Allah give you pious husband and children and grant you the highest ranks in jannah
I love you fiLlah

Mohd_Ali

A Prom!!!

In my day it was a dirty sports hall with one of the teachers trying to be a DJ

The buffet comprised of Krunchie Puffs and Dilute Ki Ora

Ah them were the days!!!

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
I've never been to a prom either, even though my classmates ask me why everytime:S The thing is the school rents them a fancy place, and most students under 18 will have fake id-cards along with them to drink alcohol. Now most of my class mates are 18, sothey party everytime even when it's school night, and because of drinking too much, they don't remember what happend the day before.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

obligatory??? really for us it was by the student council and u only go if u want to.
the only pressure is from friends, who look at u all weird when u say NO im not going.

Ok even from a non muslim point of view, i still dont get it WHY would i pay to publically humiliate myself with my dancing skills, and end my school career with a ever lasting public humiliaty , lol no literally cuz all i wud do on the floor is the chicken dance lol i dont think thats publically accepted after grade 5

the only thing i went to were the Athletic Banquet cuz they were compulsary if u wanted an award, and even then, this one time was getting an award and my coach was giving. My coach had his 2 year or somethiing like that small daughter in his arms, so when i was walking all under the spotlight i had to say/do something with the child cuz everyone did somethng i didn't want to be the guy that stand out, i was so nervous, i wanted to lightly pull her cheek after thanking my coach :p i ended up half smacking her , like Geez, the crowd probably went like aaawwwwooouuuccchhh

:) lol prom night as well Wow no way lol gotto leave the school with some dignity. RIGHT?

lol, brother shaheerpak, you are funny.half smacking her?? lol, well, I guess the rest went well..other than that ackward moment!lol,
anyways, our prom is NOT obligatory too, you go if you want and dont if you dont want to! AlhamduliAllah, we have choice!yaay:D

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
lol, brother shaheerpak, you are funny.half smacking her?? lol, well, I guess the rest went well..other than that ackward moment!lol,
anyways, our prom is NOT obligatory too, you go if you want and dont if you dont want to! AlhamduliAllah, we have choice!yaay:D

lol :) yes sister the rest was ok other than the fact everything laughed at me

yea its good prom is not compulsary

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:wasalam: MashaAllaah sis, ur a very good example :) MashaAllaah. Not all non-muslims are bad, some are actually open minded alhamdulillaah. Reading the everyone's responses doesn't make me feel left out now alhamdulillaah :D
Ameen to the du'aa sis :):) Fi amaan Allaah.

Yea sister, not all of them are bad AlhamduliAllah...
Sister, we are all good examples to eachother AlhamduliAllah rabil Alameen:D I am glad you don't feel left out anymore:D It's the beauty of this website and our love for the deen. After all aren't we the Ummah who FORBID evil and ENCOURAGE good for eachother? YES! and that is the beauty of ISLAAM!
I loove you my sweet Affa:D
Allah hafiz now and always:D

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

lol :) yes sister the rest was ok other than the fact everything laughed at me

yea its good prom is not compulsary

they laughed?? aaaww! that must have felt uncomfortable, oh well, it's done NOW, phewwww!

Allah hafiz now and always dear bhai:hearts:

sister amina

MEMORISING THE QURAN
Assalamualaikum,
nice topic!!!I feel sorry for the sisters who felt left out,but nevertheless the almighty has prepared for a huge reward in the jannah.As for the proms I have never attended one and inshallah will never attend it.moreover there is nothing like ''prom'' here in my place.But we have a yearly celebration called the ''Hafl'' in which we sing nasheeds,hamds etc.and there is a lot of tilaawat too.I enjoy it a lot.Halaal things have its own reward in duniya as well as akhirah!!!!

Kakorot

MashaAllaah

btw ..they are having the prom in the arsenal emirates stadium :shymuslima1: (everyone make du'aa that it rains that night :D )

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
MashaAllaah

btw ..they are having the prom in the arsenal emirates stadium :shymuslima1: (everyone make du'aa that it rains that night :D )

LOL... May Allah make it snow heavily and rain heavily, ameen :) (You want Allah subhana wa t'ala to send a hurricane as well?:p)

Nurain

Prom's not an issue for me I'm too shy to stand and dance anyway so I'll end up sitting on the bench for rejects.