Sunni/Shia.....READ PLZ!

Sophie1

Salaam sisters and brothers

im seeking some info...

i am a sunni. alhumdulillah.....however i do know a few ppl who are shia's and therefore i want to gain more knowledge. 1 difference which im sure every1 is aware of is that shia's do the beating on the 10th of muharram, i do obviously know the basic outline....but as its muharram im interested in the history of shia'ism....how was this division formed. ive noted also that shia's tend to say 'ya'ali' a lot too. Im interested in knowing so that if i was to come across having a debate i would know my stuff inside out!

i understand everything being a sunni! and im proud to be 1 (yep sunni allll the waay).....

the thing is iv'e heard ppl tell me things of what the shi'as do and trust me sum ppl can over exxagerate! so i just want to knw the facts....im not gna state any of the bizzare stuff ive heard..theres no point!

so could u guys like tell me what are the shia's belief and how they differ from the sunni's....it'll be well appreciated!

thanks! :)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

First thing is that to know the mistakes of the Shia or any other of the deviant groups, we need to know our own Aqeedah first. Then, it is easy to notice what falsehood they cling on to.

The major sin they do, is Shirk. Associating partners with Allah. As you have pointed out, they say "Ya Ali", or "Ya Hussein" etc, they call upon them for help and not to Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

They also go to Karbala, Najaf and many other places, some of these events are like a pilgrimage to them, they do so much shirk, bidah and supersticious things.

They have a whole range of mistakes from Shirk, kufr, distorting the meanings of the Qur'aan because of their incorrect Aqeedah, i.e. they make it permissible to call upon the dead, and do shirk, to curse the companions to lie (taqiyyah) and many other things by giving their own false explanations of the meanings of the Quran, worse of all, they do that with the attributes of Allah subhana wa ta'ala. They have beliefs in Temporary marriage, which is something forbidden in Islam.

They believe that all of the Sahaba except a few were disbelievers or big sinners. Astaghfirullah, they say the most horrid things about Umm al Mumineen, A'isha Radhiyallahu anha, the Mother of the believers. They are equally bad when talking about Abu Bakr (radhiyallahu anhu), Umar, Uthmaan, Abu Hurayrah and all Sahaba.

It is best to stay away from such people, to concentrate on learning Islam and being strong in Islam, as the Quran and the Sunnah is something many Muslims have negleted.

The Quran is clear on what we, as Muslims must believe. That we obey Allah's commands and follow his Messenger :saw: . The Quran also has ayaah about the Muhajiroon (the Sahaba who emigrated from Makkah to Madinah) and the Ansaar ( the Muslims of Madinah who accepted them) and Allah praises them. We know that they were the Sahaba.

Sunni vs. Shia

Clear Evidences Against Shia Forbidden Practise of Temporary Marriage

Shia Evil:Temporary Marriage> A Plea from A Muslim Sister

Shia also believe in Taqiyyah, which means "to cover up", so they will say things like, Ohhh we love all the Sahaba, or Ohhh, we do not do that, but in reality they do.. and it is major part of their beliefs as it is in their books and how they practice their beliefs when they are together with their own people who share their false beliefs.

BigAk

This second video is sue utter craziness... I would be ashamed to show this to our oppositions... This gives the christian and the athiest a stick to beat us with... What a shame..

muthmainnah

What the Shi’ah do on ‘Ashoora’ of beating their chests, slapping their cheeks, striking their shoulders with chains and cutting their heads with swords to let the blood flow are all innovations that have no basis in Islam. These things are evils that were forbidden by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who did not prescribe for his ummah to do any of these things or anything similar to them to mark the death of a leader or the loss of a martyr, no matter what his status. During his lifetime (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) a number of senior Sahaabah were martyred and he mourned their loss, such as Hamzah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib, Zayd ibn Haarithah, Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib and ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Rawaahah, but he did not do any of the things that these people do. If it was good, he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have done it before us.

(http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/101268/shia)

al-muslimah

jazaka allah khayran for sharing the links..im shocked of what i saw..!!! the crawling part!! is it for real?? honestly i feel like throwing up :S sorry but this is insane..subhanallah..dont they have brains to think??!! la hawla wala quwati illa billah..may allah show them the right way!!!!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
The perseverance of Islam despite splits and divisions

Know, may Allaah guide us and you to the truth and enable us to follow it, that the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not die before he had shown the way clearly to his ummah [nation]. There was no major or minor matter but he gave us knowledge about it from Allaah. At the end of the last Hajj [pilgrimage] performed by the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) there was revealed the aayah [verse] (interpretation of the meaning):

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion” [al-Maa’idah 5:3]

The Sahaabah [Companions of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] (may Allaah be pleased with them) adhered very closely to this path, and thus Allaah protected the followers of Islam from splitting in this blameworthy manner.

They were followed in that by the Taabi’een [the generation that followed the generation of the Sahaabah] (may Allaah have mercy on them), but some internal and external factors led to the emergence of some reprehensible divisions following the three best generations. Among the external causes of that were:

Mixing with other, non-Muslim nations, such as the Persians, Romans, Indians and Greeks, and contact with other religious groups such as Jews, Christians, Sabians, Magians, Indian religions and others.

Among the internal causes were:

Following whims and desires, giving room to doubts, turning away from learning the religion and sharee’ah of Allaah, ignorance, extremism, and imitation of non-Muslims… etc.

All of these reasons, and others, led to some small groups splitting from the right path which the majority of the Muslims followed, so there emerged some groups, innovations and opinions that differed from the path of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Companions, and the Taabi’een and those who followed their path.

But we may note that these groups and factions were in fact a discordant note that differed from the majority of Muslims, and their followers were shunned and opposed by the scholars, khulafaa’ [khaleefahs or Muslim rulers] and majority of Muslims, which meant that they were contained and their influence was prevented from becoming widespread during most periods of Islamic history.

The majority of Muslims remained on the Sunni path – in general – and when forms of bid’ah emerged among them, the scholars of truth have always hastened to oppose them and point out their falsehood. Our Prophet Muhammad :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that these divisions would emerge; he warned us about them and commanded us to adhere to the jamaa’ah [main body] of the Muslims. He said: “The Jews and the Christians split into seventy-two sects, all of which are in Hell; this ummah [nation] will split into seventy-three sects, all of which will be in Hell apart from one.” They asked, “Which one is that, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Those who follow the path which I and my Companions are on today.” He said, “A group of my ummah will remain following the truth and will prevail, and those who oppose them will not harm them, until the Day of Judgement begins.”

There are many reasons why the Muslims have always felt a sense of unity, some of which we have mentioned above. But the most obvious reason is that this religion comes from Allaah and it is protected by Allaah. If any other religion had been exposed to the wars, conspiracies and plots that Islam has been exposed to, it would have vanished a long time ago (as we see in the case of other religions). Every rational person will see that a belief which for more than 1400 years has stayed exactly the same as it was at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and is still renewing itself in the hearts of its followers (in love and adherence) like the renweing of a flower in spring – this is the strongest evidence that the religion of Allaah is the true religion. And Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path.

IbnAhmad

As salam Alaykum!

I can only say 5% of the shiaas are muslims. If im wrong u can correct me!

:salam2:
I would say Shia are not muslims!!!

[yt]3hnIERpeFDI[/yt]

And thats my evidence!!! Jazakallah!!!
Enjoy Baaji!!! lol :wasalam:

Rashadi

There is no evidence from the Quran or the Sunnah for the false practices of the Shia religion. There is nothing about no 12 Imams, making pilgrimage to Karballah, beating yourselves and the many other things they do. I even hear Shias say "Ya Allah, ya Muhammad" and other names such as Ali, Hussein and others. It is really hard to accept them as Muslims but of course there are some who just don't know any better. Some people may call themselves "shias" but may not even be far from true Islam. So, Shiism and Islam are 2 different things but there are some who may call themselves "shia" but are actually Muslim. There are also other sects such as 7 Imam, 5 imams and others. It is obvious that Shiites have not even made up their mind about how many of their Imams are actually "divine".

Another thing is, if Allah (swt) had a plan for Ali (ra) and his descendants to be the successors to the Prophet Muhammad(saaws), this means that His plan failed (astghfirullah). Allah does not make mistakes and whatever He ordains will happen. There was no shia during the time of our prophet and they get their difference outside of Islamic sources. If a person testifies that that only Allah is worthy of worship and that Muhammad is his messenger, it is not only mere words, but one is required to act upon that.

May Allah guide us all and the deviant groups as well, inshaAllah, Amin.

Sophie1

Thanks alot to every1 who has posted the above, i watched all the videos....didnt get the ones in arabic coz i dnt understand it (but thnx it was really kind) and i watched the one above, thanx ABZ (lol).
sooo true!
i mean the shia's dont even accept the shahadah properly...i mean if they did they wouldnt make no partners with Allah...wouldn't commit shirk...its really disgusting what they think of Hazrat Aisha...may Allah guide them to the right path.

its obvious that these people are really wrong...manipulative...they twist the word of allah(swt).astagferullah!!!

jzakhallah Khair to all my bros and sis' for sharing such great knowledge:)

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
is it true that shias go in to a dark room with loads of people and sleep woth every body in it. ? . this may be utter lies but i have heard it from many people. they sleep with there sisters and mothers but they dont know it because its a dark room, and as for us ramadan/fasting is a tradion doing this is a tradtion! please asnswer as its not a nice judgment to have if false!

IbnAhmad

is it true that shias go in to a dark room with loads of people and sleep woth every body in it. ? . this may be utter lies but i have heard it from many people. they sleep with there sisters and mothers but they dont know it because its a dark room, and as for us ramadan/fasting is a tradion doing this is a tradtion! please asnswer as its not a nice judgment to have if false!

yeh i heard dis aswelll??? is it true??? (surely not)

AlQurtubi

Banned
"it true that shias go in to a dark room with loads of people and sleep woth every body in it. ? . this may be utter lies but i have heard it from many people. they sleep with there sisters and mothers but they dont know it because its a dark room, and as for us ramadan/fasting is a tradion doing this is a tradtion! please asnswer as its not a nice judgment to have if false!"

YES, its true and the child born after that is made their "Imam". There are formal invitations, which are sent before all this and instructions are written over it. I have a copy of 1 invitation and NO im NOT a shia.. lol.

I need to get permission from moderators before posting that.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I have heard it as well..to be fair though..I have not found anything "credible" regarding it...

However...a few weeks ago my father received a clip (picture and sound) of a "Shia Sayyed" (their version of Shaikh)...who said that a father may have intercourse with his daughter if he wants to avoid the haram...and for every drop of bodily fluid released...there will be 10,000 angels making Istighfar or dhikr for them (the father and his daughter)..

A couple of years ago..Moqtada Al-Sadr came out with a fatwa encouraging "group muta'a ceremonies"..and he asked what he called "al-zaynabiyyat" to commit themselves to these ceremonies and await the "ajer" for being involved in them..because the men they are pleasing are *soldiers of al-mahdi*...

I have read fatwa by al-khomaini..allowing a man to "enjoy" an infant girl *sexually* (he also allows and asks that *support* be lended to those wanting to change their *gender*!)

And I read another fatwa by another "ayatollah"...who says..a divorced or widowed woman..should she fear committing "haram"...may have her son pleasure her sexually..so long he does not have intercourse with her...

These things are not made-up..I didn't hear a *sunni shaikh* say them or discuss them..if it wasn't in a clip (like the first part I stated)...it was in an *original format* of text..straight out of *the published books* containing these so-called fatwas...

I was one of these people who always said *oh we are all Muslims*..*we cannot be divided*..and so on and so forth

But one day..a Saudi sister told me about many of their beliefs (who I got in a heated debate with)...and I told her..I will go research all of your claims...and I will not even look into Sunni sources...I will make sure that I am completely objective..and will research your claims through SHIA SOURCES...she said okay...needless to say...after two months...I had to make A HUGE APOLOGY TO HER..and ever since...I changed my mind

To those who get annoyed about the Sunni/Shia deal..

The things you hear..are true..they are IN SHIA DOCTRINES...what you hear or read is not even a 1/3 of what is kept a secret amongst Shias only

To them...we are a bunch of Bakrists (they actually call ahlul sunnah that now!)...and they believe that praying a prayer behind a fasiq is valid..but behind a sunni imam makes it invalid..and it needs to be MADE-UP at home!...that's aside from their claim that the only ones entering Paradise are the Shias..because Hussain will make shafa'a for them!

We need to focus on our own knowledge...focus on improving ourselves through the Qura'an and the Sunnah...so we can at least be able to go find these deviated people and guide them to Islam..they've been severely brainwashed...and wallahi they need da'awa like the non-muslims do...they really really really need it!

I want the brothers and sisters to understand that when someone speaks about Shias in what seems to be "hateful" or "negative" tone...that is not the case at all...they are most most most likely speaking with detailed knowledge of the horrid Shia doctrine

Learn your Aqeedah..read the Qura'an..and learn the Sunnah..and when you come across a Shia person...MAKE DA'AWA TO THEM!!!

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
"it true that shias go in to a dark room with loads of people and sleep woth every body in it. ? . this may be utter lies but i have heard it from many people. they sleep with there sisters and mothers but they dont know it because its a dark room, and as for us ramadan/fasting is a tradion doing this is a tradtion! please asnswer as its not a nice judgment to have if false!"

YES, its true and the child born after that is made their "Imam". There are formal invitations, which are sent before all this and instructions are written over it. I have a copy of 1 invitation and NO im NOT a shia.. lol.

I need to get permission from moderators before posting that.

WOW!

Interesting...so I guess in this case...

Ya Allah

WOW!..WOW!..WOW!

AlQurtubi

Banned
"Learn your Aqeedah..read the Qura'an..and learn the Sunnah..and when you come across a Shia person...MAKE DA'AWA TO THEM!!!"

I strongly oppose this. That person will trick you out and will confuse you. I would suggest to stay silent. Your actions will be dawah for him. I live between shia persons, even my neighbour is shia.

Sister, what you have written in your post, i know much more than that. I couldn't even read that 20 page book which was taken from their sources. For anyone who reads it, he/she will say that either they are muslim or we are muslims. There is nothing common between them.

"The things you hear..are true..they are IN SHIA DOCTRINES...what you hear or read is not even a 1/3 of what is kept a secret amongst Shias only"

YES, very true. They say that as much as a person will hide this deen (their aqeedah), the more blessings he/she will get.

AlQurtubi

Banned
"WOW!

Ya Allah

WOW!..WOW!..WOW!"

Sorry, but i didnt get what you wanted to say

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
"WOW!

Ya Allah

WOW!..WOW!..WOW!"

Sorry, but i didnt get what you wanted to say

I just got chills when I read what you wrote..and I just ran off to my father to tell him of what you wrote...

You see...I thought that perhaps this claim is a little exaggeration...but if you say you have an *invitation*..then that makes the claim true..*invitations* don't get sent out for no reason...

That's truly disgusting!

I'm sorry...it really is...there goes another reason why I need to avoid Shias perhaps...COMPLETELY...

AlQurtubi

Banned
Yep, i have it. But i need to translate into english. I am looking for the permission of moderators... Do we need an extra thread for it? I can put up a scanned copy as well. There is too much written in that. I always hide it from every one at home.

Its even written that There will be scouts ( here they have scouts who control traffic in muharram and do extra activity), who will guide u. I always thought that those scouts were too innocent.