The Beard

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
FOR ISLAMERICA

I do not think much of Sheyk Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri because he is full of error. All the quotes that he has quoted are out of context.

I don't think much of you, a laymen who thinks he can interpret Islam on his own and diss scholars like the kuffars do. What proper Islamic education have you had to pass such fatwas on the scholars?

Yes, when Allah increases one in knowledge, what happens? The one with the most knowledge becomes a scholar and these scholars you are dissing while you don't even hold 1/10 the knowledge Allah blessed them with.

Tomtom

Banned
OK fine keep following the scholars and I will follow Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and the Prophet (pbuh).

Kakorot

I don't think much of you, a laymen who thinks he can interpret Islam on his own and diss scholars like the kuffars do. What proper Islamic education have you had to pass such fatwas on the scholars?

Yes, when Allah increases one in knowledge, what happens? The one with the most knowledge becomes a scholar and these scholars you are dissing while you don't even hold 1/10 the knowledge Allah blessed them with.
Well said.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Please accept my apology for the sisters.

It took me a long time to accept the authority of the scholars. It took years and years of discipline. It took effort to give up my ego and listen to those who have exact knowledge.

Take the time to study the scholars. They make sense. They simplify the faith and give us examples of how to live our lives. They make it easier for us..on the day we are questioned we will have no excuses.

Tomtom

Banned
Wa Alaikkum As'alaam

Thank you for the advise. :)

Without being arrogant I think I understand the Holy Qur'an and the Hadiths as it is. What I'm afraid of is that one of these scholars are wrong and I am deviated from the Straight Path. I admire the dedication of the scholars, spending most of their life seeking knowledge, and I'm sure that most were/are pious and God fearing people. The thing with human beings is that they can be corrupted any time. Isn't there also a danger that what the scholars are saying sounds good to us so that we follow it without knowing too much ourselves. A person following blindly another person has it's dangers. You know the old saying "nobody's perfect".

esperanza

revert of many years
i am pretty sure from all ihave read and a book i have in front of me ,,of major sins,...that to not have a beard is not a major sin,,,so please give evidence

esperanza

revert of many years
i am pretty sure from all ihave read and a book i have in front of me ,,of major sins,...that to not have a beard is not a major sin,,,so please give evidence

but it is definitely a major sin to call someone a disbeliever or kaffir,,,,,

Idris16

You guys are still busy speaking with this Tomtom? If he would be sincere he would answer my questions. He says it was the culture of the Arabs to grow beard. Why then did the Arab mushrikeen shave their beard ya Tomtom?

And the kuffaar did shave their beard back then. Why do you think the Prophet :saw: said ''Be different to the Mushrikeen''?

esperanza

revert of many years
You guys are still busy speaking with this Tomtom? If he would be sincere he would answer my questions. He says it was the culture of the Arabs to grow beard. Why then did the Arab mushrikeen shave their beard ya Tomtom?

And the kuffaar did shave their beard back then. Why do you think the Prophet :saw: said ''Be different to the Mushrikeen''?

this is not about tom tom or any individual

but about calling someone wihtout a beard sinful

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum

This tomtom is sincere. Answer this.

Why are millions of Muslims (possibly more than 75% as a guess) throughout the world without a beard?

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
DOWNLOAD THE BELOW PDF and this should be enough for EVERYONE !!

Attachments

• beard.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 14

Tomtom

Banned
Sorry az101 still not convinced because some narrations say do not cut the beard whilst others say some of the Sahaba cut it to a fist length. So which is it?

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Sorry az101 still not convinced because some narrations say do not cut the beard whilst others say some of the Sahaba cut it to a fist length. So which is it?

Inshallah this will clear it for you.

Let it flow and this is the recommended.

but IF you do need to trim then what ever comes after a fist length ( IF you follow that oppinion)

islamerica

1 Ummah under God

Can you show proof?

I don't think there was anyone in the first 3 generations who done it. The ones who did it were your less religiously committed modern wanna bees of that time and it was very disliked by the others.

Also, i would like to request the Mods to change the title of the thread. It seems the original poster disappeared on us.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As salam 'alaykum

I used to think that there is no ikhtilaf or dispute among sisters about Hijab and among brothers about beard,

at least to agree yes, this is what Islam says, but I don't follow, because i think this and that,
at least it makes a sense, but to refute the religious things on hawa or personal opinion

subhan Allah

when it comes to hawa, it just go nowhere....

I've not got so much to say

the appearance of Muslim man: Beard (at least a fist length) with trimmed mustaches and wearing at least from navel to the upper level of ankle.

Muslimah: from head to toe, except face, hand,(some scholars said feet may be shown, but the majority scholar according to strong opinion, said, to cover feet); if there are many non mahrams, then also face. (actually which is the common things now, because the Islamic environment is not maintained everywhere and it is actually getting hard day by day.)

Brother TOMTOM has pointed a very good point:

so scholars say, hijab is okay, some say niqab, would you like to sisters take off their Hijab?

about your Question, Abdullah ibn Umar radhiAllahu anhu, he cut after one battle what was after fist length.

so it could be understood, that, yes he being one of the young sahaba, might have seen someone doing that.

however, not all people got the same kind of beard, some are curly, some are fixed after one length, so are just very long and straight. if it is problematic for one, he may trim it upto a fist length, from the lower part no the upper part of fist.......

wa-llahu a'lam
wassalam