Why Muslim women don't drive cars in SA??

BigAk

Warning! Incoming joke, so everyone without a sense of humor...close your eyes.

I think this can easily be fixed, don't allow the men to drive and only allow the women. By SA's logic there will be less of a chance of fitnah with the men restricted.

All joking aside, I know women in SA and they say they don't care one whit about driving. It's all they've ever known and they don't see why non SA's get bent out of shape over something that doesn't concern them. There are rumblings about lifting the ban but the Saudis state change happens very slowly over there and they will do it on their own time. Besides, women can and do drive in the more rural areas without fear of punishment, it's the cosmopolitan areas that are strict about this.

Meh...I think there are much more serious issues with the ummah in it's entirety to worry over. Whether or not a very small population of the ummah doesnt get to peel rubber doesn't seem that serious to me. The Saudi women will push when they are ready to push the issue. For now they mostly just don't care...at least the one's I've spoken to.

Thank you for the intelligent post.

Abudharr

many countries in the world women don't even have an education even in Islamic education but in KSA 54% of the educated budget is allocated for women. you should look at your own country first not other nations, so what women can't drive in Saudi Arabia? most women can't even have an education in Afghanistan not even an Islamic education why arn't you brining that up? when you look at other countries who have noting to do with you then you we will always be stuck in the state we are living and never be able to solve our own problems.

Thirty years ago there were no schools for women in Saudi Arabia. This is something quite recent. Also, thirty years ago, trading in cigarettes was illegal in KSA - but now... smoking is everywhere.

Regarding women driving, there is some wisdom in this, where girls are watching satellite TV with all the filth and desperately want this "freedom", if they are able to drive they will possibly use this for sinful pursuits. However why not ban satellite TV? it used to be illegal here but is now not enforced. Even some mushaik are watching this filth, I have visited several of them and have never found a house or office without a TV and satellite receiver.

What if only some women were allowed to drive?, married women with a purpose, i.e. dropping of children at school etc - but they wouldn't consider this. In fact they employ drivers from various third world nations and zina between these drivers and the passenger is fairly common. "Oh these disgusting Pakistanis and Bangladeshis" I hear you cry - in fact most of these incidents are initiated and forced by the women, who will threaten the driver with the cry of rape if they don't do as they wish (they will kill them if this charge is proven - and a Saudi vs. Bangladeshi in a court of law will always find in favour of the audi of course). This is really quite common. I have met some people who were threatened with this. It is also quite common for maids to be forced by the males of the house with a similar underlying threat.

The idea that a cultural bias could effect the fatawa of the Mushaik in KSA is interesting. Very interesting in fact given that the Salafi scholars are making fatawa for the world based on their culturally biased precepts. These are the same scholars who made Riba halal, they call it "markup" and made insurance halal, yet Salafis follow these people? Be very careful in these days of fitnah.
Even when the scholars are sincere, and there are many, their advisors are liars and mislead them.

Lastly an interesting fact - the last three Muftis of KSA (including the current) have all been blind. Therefore also easily misled don't you think?

dunno

استغفر الله
what are you saying? watch your tongue? all the last muftis are blind? easily misled? zina is common between woman and their drivers.....? im rarely speechless but now im this is my community your talking about you better watch your tongue!!! :astag::astag::astag::astag::astag:
riba? halla???!?! salafi muftis? ?! what?! هذا قذف God will punish you for what you say
so really you better have facts :astag::astag::astag:
wallah all of our *blind* muftis are very very good ulama i love them and respect them Ibn baz was blind you think your eyes are the thing that keeps people from knowing the truth? no it's their hearts and God knows the best but from my knowledge these 3 *blind* muftis were pure and good i hope God will inplace them in heaven for how much good they deed I WOULD MUCH RATHER MY EYES TO BE BLIND THEN MY HEART

the dajallic system is everywhere...the only thing left is for the temple of solomon(alaysalam) to b rebuild and for the fake messiah to sit on the kings throne!.......even saudi isnt spared from the fitnah going around....women driving haraam?....why dont they look at their kings and prince's expenses 1st

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
My office mate at work seems to throw this issue at me to show me how women are suppressed in the Muslim world. [/url]

SA is not symbolizes Muslim world, you can't generlize all muslims from bad morals of one from SA.
and honestly,this woman makes me laugh, she wears African veil, is it an Islamic veil??

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
استغفر الله
what are you saying? watch your tongue? all the last muftis are blind? easily misled? zina is common between woman and their drivers.....? im rarely speechless but now im this is my community your talking about you better watch your tongue!!! :astag::astag::astag::astag::astag:
riba? halla???!?! salafi muftis? ?! what?! هذا قذف God will punish you for what you say
wallah all of our *blind* muftis are very very good ulama i love them and respect them Ibn baz was blind you think your eyes are the thing that keeps people from knowing the truth? no it's their hearts and God knows the best but from my knowledge these 3 *blind* muftis were pure and good i hope God will inplace them in heaven for how much good they deed I WOULD MUCH RATHER MY EYES TO BE BLIND THEN MY HEART

Absolutely yeah, especially this sheik, i love him in sake of Allah.
http://www.youtubeislam.com/video/4936/Touching-Reminder-1-The-shame-of-the-scandle
His talk always be very touching.

And those sheikhs as well.
The best among muslims (couples life)
http://www.youtubeislam.com/video/4959/The-best-among-muslims-couples-life

Abudharr

استغفر الله

I am not saying for one moment that the muftis are insincere. They are without doubt blind and are unable to see the fitnah around them.

The phrase "common" to describe these incidents may be misinterpreted, so I will replace this with, "does sometimes happen"

These things are happening and you are not blind, I trust, if these are your people then YOU hve to do something about it! They, your community, plainly do not listen to outsiders, so YOU are responsible! I will not however ask Allah (swt) to punish you for your failings.

The descent of Saudi society is very clear, I am trying to arrest that which I can, to enjoin the right and forbid the evil, but you have more responsilibity than I and I hope that you can act on this, inshaAllah

Abudharr

Excellent Videos

youtubeislam.com/video/4936/Touching-Reminder-1-The-shame-of-the-scandle
His talk always be very touching.

And those sheikhs as well.
The best among muslims (couples life)
youtubeislam.com/video/4959/The-best-among-muslims-couples-life

Many thanks for these excellent videos.

The first describes how one should ask Allah (swt) to conceal one's sins. This is admirable as if we are to mention our sins, it is tantamount to boasting and encouraging others to do the same.
However the Sheikh in this section does not ask the halaqa to not commit these sins in the first place. I hope that he did so within the rest of the
khutbah. This does not however mean that we should conceal the sins of society. As long as we do not point to finger towards individuals on a public stage, and only mention how "some people do this or that" then it is not backbiting and can serve an honourable purpose.

The second video, the Sheikh is quoting a hadith which describes how the first place for charity is within one's own home. However this can be easily taken out of context, where the hadith refers to the basic necessities and that the husband should provide these with kindness to his family, it clearly does not support the super luxurious lifestyle to which many people in Saudi Arabia aim. It is one thing to feed and clothe your family and it is another to make one's house appear like a palace, both inside and out. To spend hundreds of thousands on the decor, is tantamount to mocking the Prophet (saw) who slept on a thin matress and had little of worldly possessions

It is also a mockery of the millions of Muslims (and others) whom are unable to find money for the most basic of life's necessities. Yet here in KSA the amount of waste alone could easily help our needy ummah

Without doubt the behaviour of many in this nation is a disgrace and to associated many of these people with Islam, is a very loose association indeed. FInally I am not saying that these issue are only present here, of course we all know that such filth is going on throughout the world. However, to deny that these things are happening, will enable their concealment and contribute to the downfall of society - where justice is absent.

Feeamanillah

menj1980

This is one ruling that I never agreed with in SA but there are many problems in the Muslim World, not just in SA.

Ashima33

I think it would be important for women to have the right to drive. What about emergency situations? If you need to run your child to the ER and your husband is at work, are you supposed to wait for your husband to get home? or take the bus?

kayleigh

I'll just say that I think it's a greater fitnah and risk to women to have strange men driving you, being alone with you in a car, than it is for you to drive yourself.

I disagree with the law, obviously.

a_stranger

استغفر الله

Some people are have blind hearts but with seeing hearts , Since thay know Allah swt and worship him as meuch as they can . For Example Shaik Ibn baz as much as i know was from that kind , We heared a very beautiful stories about him , may Allah shower hi mercy on him and gather us all in Janna.

a_stranger

33:33 And abide quietly in your homes, and do not flaunt your charms as they used to flaunt them in the old days of pagan ignorance; [36] and be constant in prayer, and render the purifying dues, and pay heed unto God and His Apostle: for God only wants to remove from you all that might be loathsome, O you members of the [Prophet’s] household, and to purify you to utmost purity.
33:34 And bear in mind all that is recited in your homes of God’s messages and [His] wisdom: for God is unfathomable [in His wisdom], all-aware.

Translation of the meanings of Quran

Please brothers and sisters remember the instruction of Allah swt before making driving cars a big issue , It is better for women to stay home and take care of her family and avoid mixing with men , ......This mess that is going on in our world is absolutly unislamic .....so we don`t hope that the situation in Saudi Arabia get worser .........Now there is a big change in some respects for better but in many respects for worse islamically .......Please be carefull for what you say ....If you like to talk then you should dissucce the Tv issue and the horrible materials that are shown even in Mekka and Madena ......Corruption of minds and hearts that is going on day and night is much dangerouse .....Our young boys and girls are being exposed to all kind of Haram .We should fight this kind of corruption......and Allah knows best

believer4life

soul searching...
:salam2:
why are men allowed to drive they too can "drive to harram" i mean allah will deal with the people who commit these sins but really whats the harm in driving anyway i too disagree with this law and is the reason why i would never want to go live in sa

a_stranger

brothers and sisters , if a doctor come to prerson suffering heart attack then the doctor instead of treating the heart he get busy with some miner injury on his feet (th patient), I think it will be silly act of the doctor .....Now in Saudi Arabia the prinsiples of Islam are being attacked and many people are calling to the westren style of life blindly .....Islam told us to use our minds .........please don`t bother about the small injury Treat the hearts first, and Allah knows best

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

First at all fitnah is present everywhere. If Muslim or Muslimah know their norms of behaviour that are contained in the teching of thier religion, Islam, than I do not see where is the problem

Dear brother Allah has allowed to cover women with hijab or niqab to go out,and there is no reason that driving car does not be aloowed too.Islaam is mercyfull and not cruel religion.If someone wants to do sins than it is his deccsion to not belive in foloow Allah Almighty way,stoping women to drive a car it will not help nothing SubhanAllah.

If I can ask you please brother,why did you said that the women with niqab can drive a car and women with hijab can not??? Astagfirullah.Alhamdulilah they both can drive.

:wasalam:

sister let me explain my point.

Allah has told women to stay at home. ofcourse they can go out for needs. but if driving is allowed, we'll see many of them just running their cars on the roads for no purpose.

yes, only women are not responsible for fitnah but men also. i too think that there should be some restrictions on the freedom of men also. these saudi guys drive at such high speed, sitting @ cafe until midnight, i wonder y nobody says anything to them.

regarding women wear niqaab while driving...i think its a good thing. bcoz if they drive with face uncovered, more accidents will take place as most of us men will be focusing on their beautiful faces. :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
sister let me explain my point.

Allah has told women to stay at home. ofcourse they can go out for needs. but if driving is allowed, we'll see many of them just running their cars on the roads for no purpose.

yes, only women are not responsible for fitnah but men also. i too think that there should be some restrictions on the freedom of men also. these saudi guys drive at such high speed, sitting @ cafe until midnight, i wonder y nobody says anything to them.

regarding women wear niqaab while driving...i think its a good thing. bcoz if they drive with face uncovered, more accidents will take place as most of us men will be focusing on their beautiful faces. :)

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for explaining your point.:)

Alhamdulillah dear brother that Allah sais that women should stay at home,but she also has right to go out in school,college or work.And if women is driving a car with no purpose than it is also her right dear brother,it is the same like walking,doing some hobby or going into mosques.These are all the rights of one Muslimah,but offcourse her behaviur must be accoding to Islamic rules and manners.Those sisters who are not yer married and who do not have husband or someone who can drive them with car,than they have right to drive the car by themselfe Inshallah.

Than if women is going out without a car,than fitnah would even be more bigger,and I agree with you that some rules should also be limited for man in Saudia Arabia,Inshallah.

So sisters who are having beautiful faces and who wish to drive a car,we should all start wearing niqab?:shymuslima1:
Ofcourse not when hijab is enough for us Alahdmulillah,but sisters who wish to wear niqab too than can Alahdmulillah.
The duty of Muslim man is to Low their gazes,and duty (fard) of women is to cover herselfe with hijab.

May Allah bless you dear brother:tti_sister: