A Revert sister here..

Peace92

Revert to Islam
:salam2:

As most of may know, i am a revert to the beautiful religion of Islam.
Lately, i have been having some problems.
My past life, :astag: i am ashamed. I have turned towards Allah and i have left these actions. Alhamdulilla. But i still feel uneasy that He has not forgiven me :(

Also, my family is a problem. I was praying in my bedroom, and my mum walked in and caught me! She was raging with anger. Ever since, they have been keeping a close eye on me. I have not been able to pray my prayers.
I want to move out, but i am still to young to study and work. I am 17.
I really do not know what to do. :(

A sister from leicester offered me to live with her, but she has brothers and they would feel really uncomfortable being around me.
When i do go to visit her, it is almost as though they are playing hide and seek in their own house because of me! :( I dont want to cause them this trouble. :(

So what do i do? :(
Will i get punished for not praying?
I am just feeling really lost, sad, and lonely. :(
I dont have many good Muslim friends. Only some, but i dont like to bug them :( They have their own life too.

Please remember your sister in your pious prayers. I beg of you.
:tti_sister:

A troubled sister.

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah

My past life, :astag: i am ashamed. I have turned towards Allah and i have left these actions. Alhamdulilla. But i still feel uneasy that He has not forgiven me :( .

Wa alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sister

Alhamdulillah you left those actions. Allah swt is most forgiving.

"Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Sūrah al-Zumar: 53]

We all sin sister. May Allah forgive us all.

Also, my family is a problem. I was praying in my bedroom, and my mum walked in and caught me! She was raging with anger. Ever since, they have been keeping a close eye on me. I have not been able to pray my prayers.

A sister from leicester offered me to live with her, but she has brothers and they would feel really uncomfortable being around me.
When i do go to visit her, it is almost as though they are playing hide and seek in their own house because of me! :( I dont want to cause them this trouble. :(

So what do i do? :(
Will i get punished for not praying?
I am just feeling really lost, sad, and lonely. :(
I dont have many good Muslim friends. Only some, but i dont like to bug them :( They have their own life too.

A troubled sister.

If you don't pray ukhti, that's really bad as the one who abandons his prayers is a kafir.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) said: The difference between us and them (Kuffar/Non-Muslims) is that of salaah so whoever abandons salaah certainly commits kufr.
(Tirmidhi, kitab ul Iman, Declared Sahih by Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Nasai and Allama Iraqi, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg.80)

Sister, life is full of tests, and one of your tests is family. You have to stand and show them that islam is your choice and that it should not bother them as long as you are happy with it. Stand for your opinions and choices ukhti, inshaAllah you will be rewarded for that.
Never ever abandon. Keep making du'as and one day inshaAllah it will get easier for you.
I keep you in my du'as inshaAllah
Wallahi ukhti your story saddens me.
Is there any mosque in your neighbourhood?

Take care ukhti fiLlah

:wasalam:

mhamzah

Congratulations sister for accepting Islam.

I have turned towards Allah and i have left these actions. Alhamdulilla. But i still feel uneasy that He has not forgiven me :(

The Good news of Islam is that when a person accepts Islam all his/her previous sins are forgiven,

Please remember your sister in your pious prayers.

May Allah swt make things easy for you. Ameen. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I'll leave the other questions for more knowledgable brother or sister to answer.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu Alaikum:)
HUG, SQUEZZY HUG to you my LOVELY sister:D
ALLAHU AKBAR!ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR!
CoNgRaTulAtIoNs on your revertion! All praises are dua to Allah the MOST HIGH, and we seek for HIS aid and for HIS forgiveness.Ameen
Sister, like brother Mhazah said when someone ACCEPTS Islam all their previous SINS are FORGIVEN!
I will make DUA for you inshaAllah dear sister in ISLAM:)
Allah be with you NOW and ALWAYS:)

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum sis

Well if praying is a big issue then there is something else you can do. I have read in here an article that said if you are not allowed to pray physically then you can pray in your mind. I forgot the title but i will insha Allah do my best to search for you. If someone in here have heard it before and or knows it please correct me if i made any mistakes about. May Allah subhana wata'ala help you amiin.:hearts:

wasalam

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Alhamdulillah. Very happy to hear that.

My past life, :astag: i am ashamed. I have turned towards Allah and i have left these actions. Alhamdulilla. But i still feel uneasy that He has not forgiven me :(

Don't worry, Allah forgives all you sins committed during your pre-Islamic life.

Don't give up, find alternative place to pray. My sheikh once told me that I can even pray in the bathroom if situation warrant.

Any sister from this area? Pls contact our troubled sister. I suggest if possible let her stay with you my dear sisters.

:

A troubled sister.

You are in my du'a, inshAllah. Make Allah make things easy for you.

Nurain

Sister, sister,

Allaah is al-Ghafoor so he forgives it is only human to err what's important is we repent each time to obtain his rahmah in sha Allaah.

Sister, be steadfast. The least you can do is try to pray. I do not know how hard it is I have never experience it but everything happens because Allaah CAUSE IT TO HAPPEN so be patient sister and may you be rewarded in sha Allaah.

We all love you here welcome to TTI <3

shasha

Muslimah
As-salam alaykum, sister. :)

Congratulations on your conversion. I'm a convert myself. I just did my Shahada about a month ago. :hijabi:

I have trouble doing prayers sometimes, too, because of my family. After I converted and told them about it, I just slowly showed the good changes in me hoping they will be happy I converted. They are now no longer against what I did, but, they are not supportive either. I still don't show them that I pray because I know that they will find it weird and they might say not so nice things about it.

I know what you are going through is hard. You're probably thinking, "I'm only praying. What's wrong with that?" Well, there is definitely nothing wrong with it. I asked the Imam about that. He said, if it will build conflicts between you and your family, you should take things slow. You should try to slowly clear the misconceptions that they have about Islam. Let them take their time. What I do, for the meantime, is I pray in secret. Why can't you just lock your door when you pray or something like that? Or if there is really no chance for me to be left alone, I pray just sitting down quietly. Or you could make up for the prayers you missed when you have time to be alone. I know it's not the best way to pray, but, it's your intentions that are more important. Some people pray but they don't feel it in their hearts. So, it's your sincerity that's more important.

InshaAllah we will both soon be able to worship Allah freely. Just hang in there, sister. :hijabi:

zbhotto

Banned
ALLAHUAKBAR

Dear Sistiers;
Allah forgieves all sin if he/she repents sincerelly. No matter how many times you repent sincerely Allah will forgieve you every time.

In one Hadith Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said,'' Satan fears the true repentence of the believer the most" (I forgot its reference)

This is because SATAN knows very well that nomatter what sin the slaves of ALLAH commit ALLAH will forgive if he/she repents sincerely.

If you are a student then rent a single room or house. Make friendship with other muslim brother's and sisters. Go to the local mosque in prayer times, especially at friday prayer. You will certainly find some sisters who will love to be your friend.

If there happens to be a lecture in your local mosque once in a week you should attend the lecture session. Make a close relation with those sisters who attend the lecture session in every week. I believe they will love you the most.

Think about starting your own family. It will remove all problems arising from your relatives significantly.

May Allah give you a beautiful family where you can live with absolute peace and happiness with your Husband and children. Where you can pray with fredom in your own house.

May Allah bless you more in your education, health, merits, and increase your faith, grant paradise to you.

Your borther in ISLAM

Muhammad Saleh

you should not feel bad about your parent's reaction on your conversion. I think its natural if any one of us was in the same situation where one of our young kids accepts the most criticised religon then as far as i am concerned i would have reacted far more severly. i consider you to be very lucky for belonging to a country where parents cant beat their children. ;) All you need is, make them realize that this is the best thing ever happened to you and your actions should speak louder than your words. you are representative of islam to your family. this is the most difficult and noble thing to do. Ask Allah for his help and mercy and that He may guide your parents to the righ path. InshAllah i think it wont take too long that you would be dialing 911 to register complain against your parents for getting beaten up by them on missing fajar(morning) prayers. :) Islam is all about developing relations and making them stronger.

congratulations on your conversion. All you reverts are a source of inspiration for weak muslims like me. Allah chose us for His religon but we were unable to value that honor and remained unthankful. Allah warned us in Quran that if you disregard His religon then he would replace you with new people who would be superior to you in their obidience towards Allah.

If ye turn your back (from the religion of God), He will place in your stead another people (to uphold the religion and hoist the banner of truth), and these people are not like you (in negligence and complacency).” [Al-Qur’an 47:38]

You are always in our prayers. As we all prayed for sister SHY HIJABI who had to face many hardships after her conversion and MashAllah she is so much happy now that she dont even visits her brothers and sisters on TTI. I am kidding i saw her today on TTI but her visits have become less frequent and shorter in duration. ;)

zbhotto

Banned
To Muhammad Saleh

I m not sure what are you talking about. Where does ALLAH says He would create a new nation. If He does so you certainly quoting out of context that leads to confusion.

MUSLIMS are the last and final nation. Prophet Muhammad is the last and final prophet.

Don't be ignorent to advise a new revert which you definitely are/

zbhotto

Banned
To SLAEH

Please do not say anything about Holy KORAN in palin text. If you cannot writhe the chapter number, verse number, and exact quotation you must not say anything about it.

In KORAN ALLAH (SAW) does not always talk about MUSLIMS only. He (SAW) also addresses JEW, Christian, Pegans, Mushrikins.

In many places He (SAW) only addresses to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) sometimes to His Family and sometines the companions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Muhammad Saleh

m not sure what are you talking about. Where does ALLAH says He would create a new nation. If He does so you certainly quoting out of context that leads to confusion.

MUSLIMS are the last and final nation. Prophet Muhammad is the last and final prophet.

If ye turn your back (from the religion of God), He will place in your stead another people (to uphold the religion and hoist the banner of truth), and these people are not like you (in negligence and complacency).” [Al-Qur’an 47:38]

i was talking about this ayah brother. thanks for pointing it out i would be careful with the selection of my words next time.

zbhotto

Banned
To Saleh

Dear Brother;
Thank you for your quick reply.

I knew this verses brother.

Thank you. May Allah bless you with HIS mercy.

Muhammad Saleh

you are very quick at giving Fatwas. are you from Pakistan?:biggrin:

I am not offended at all. i really appreciate your concern regarding possiblity of Ayahs being used out of context.

w' salam

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum,
congratulations for your conversion, may allah swt keep you on the straight path for ever, ameen.
i can feel the situation, especially for a young lady, this is quite hard, those who are not muslims see someone coming to islam as he/she is going to the hell. this is of course because people lack knowledge about this religion called islam. i guess the best way to cope with your family is totry to showthem that you are changing positively and you are no longer the one who used to disobey allah swt and behave negatively. try to care of you father and mother...as islam put too much emphasis on parents.
for the prayer, do your best to pray them, on time. i.e get up early for fajr prayer , no one will see you as it is almost the night, for isha prayer, try to pray it a bit later, no one will see you as they should have come to their beds. for the others, try them in the mosque or secretly with the door closed, and keep asking allh swt for better situation, indeed , he is the most caring about his slaves and never let someone coming to his doors without answer.
may allah make your situation easier, ameen
wa salam alikoum

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Sister Asmaaaa!!!

Im soOoOo sorry to here about your situation.
But.... the gooooood newss..........

Come live with meeeeeeeeeeee!
I am serious. It would be kool, and ofcourse inshaAllah my family wont minndd.

Im serious, let me know what u think okay.?
I really hope to see your reply soon inshaAllah :)

*super super hugs to you*

Peace92

Revert to Islam

Well, thank you all very much for your replies.
I have tried to speak to my mum about it again, but she is still in denial that i have accepted Islam. :(

'Hardrockmuslim' I can pray in the bathroom if need be? :confused:
ok.. please get back to me on that one.

Sister ServantOfAllah* << Muslimah16??!
It has to beee!! I'll pm you inshallah.

And once again thank you, thank you, thank you! :hearts:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister, first of all, allah now, forgave you, and he made you a new born baby, and sister, allah is the most merciful, and oft forgiving....dont worry , allah will not and will never punish you (inshallah