Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

ummsami89

my conversion to Islam

Salam Alaikum. I cant remember if I posted my conversion here or not. If so, I apologize. If not, here goes.
Alhumduillah, I have been a muslim for almost 10 years. I have been in hijab 9years. I have been married to a muslim man for over 23 years and thru the years he told me things about Islam, brought me literature, videos, etc. What I knew about it, though just a little, all made sense. Christianity never did. ever. However, I wasnt ready to convert. for myself. We have a son who was going to the Islamic School when he was young. That was no problem for me because I knew we would raise Sami in his father's faith. My mother who is Episcopalian suggested I go to the mosque and find out what they are teaching him. She thought that I would take him out because I wouldnt like it. lol. Well, I started going to the haleqas for the sisters and meeting people. I also got a computer the same year and started learning on my own. One night, we were invited to a family's home for dinner. A group of us women/sisters were sitting at the table. The sister who was the most knowledgable and had been leading the haleqas all this time, started talking about Islam. She said she knew that I believed in Islam. I said" yes but I need to learn more. I am scared. ". She said if you believe, then say the shahada. We are all learning every day, even the born muslims. She said if I go out and die, I will die as a nonmuslim, because I am too scared to convert. That's all it took. I made Shahada the end of January 2000. I put on hijab in November 2000. Alhumduillah. I have learned so much here on this website and tell everyone about it. Alhumduillah. I can read some arabic and can read a little Quran. Inshallah one day, fluently. Inshallah. keep me in your duas.:hijabi:

salek

assalamu alaikum. my all thanks goes to your parents who started beating you since 7for salat.otherwise you could have misguided . who knows!!! may allah bless your pious and parents . ameen .

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
:salah:Salam everyone. I learnt Islam since my childhood as my neigbourhood majority was muslim. However, due to family strong resistence and threat I dare not embrace Islam. I tried to convince my self by learning more about hinduism but they not able to explain the concept of God in hinduism. When I was 29, a tragedy struck me which was the turning point. I was kidnapped and was about to be slaughter by the man who kidnapped me. In few seconds of dying minutes I remember what I learnt about whoever recite the shahaadah he will be muslim and will enter heaven. So I did recite the shahaadah, only Allah was my witness. Surprisingly the man ran away in a hurry as though he saw a ghost coming to him. After that incident I discussed with my close muslim friend and from that point I started my journey to Islam and finally I officially embrace Islam in 2003 together with my wife.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
Welcome to islam all the new muslim reverts .. your stories are really beautiful they make me really happy ... but im pretty sure finding the truth brings alot more happiness than my simple welcome ... I really agree with ummasami89 ... we muslims are still learning too i was born muslim but i pray that my love for islam could be as strong as the newly revert cuz mashallah ... Allah has truly blessed you with something more precious than anything found anywhere
remember me in your prayers brothers/sisters ... keep on reminding us how precious islam is with your stories
Thank you

Muhammad Saleh

:salam2:
I was born a MUslim. Went to a muslim bording school for 7 years, graduated and became a muslim teacher. Unfortunately, in my city if you were not an Indian muslim you are considered to be NOT A COMPLETE muslim. Therefore it was hard for me to find a teaching job, teaching being my only qualification. I ended up going to complete my matric and started looking for a job "in the real world" as they would call it. I'm happy in the job I do. Only two things bother me: 1) I cannot go to any Islamic gatherings because they are predominantly Indians in my area and we are shunned aside because we don't have straight hair and fair skin. From time to time you need to be in gatherings which remind you of your Allah, your religion, yourself and purpose......2) I have so much knowledge to impart, but to who? I'll have to move from where I live to another city to do that. What I know is that Allah knows my intentions and will Insha-Allah reward me as such. Stumbling upon this website was no mistake.:allahuakbar: I've been waiting for too long to talk to other brothers and sisters who would not judge me by the colour of my skin. Shukran. Khadija

By the way, I'm a black muslim

InshAllah sister you would find better muslims soon who would take advantage from the knowledge you have and not discriminate ppl on the basis of color, caste and riches. and try to forgive all the muslims who are not treating you well for the reason you cant be hold resonsible.

sister Khadija, mashAllah very beautiful name.

:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I shared my story but somehow missing here. I embraced Islam in 2003 together with my wife. We are originally Hindu. Fyi, I learned Islam during my primary school but dare not to embrace Islam due to family strong resistence and threat. One day, I was kidnapped by an unknown assailant and he wanted to kill me after robbing me. I remember that if I make my shahaadah I will be a muslim and if I die as a muslim I will go to heaven. So in that dying minutes, I make my shahaadah, only Allah was my witness, in my heart. All of a sudden the man who wanted to chop off my head suddenly was running like mad...as though he saw a ghost. That's was the turning point so I embraced Islam. I consulted few learned people and they told me could be Allah sent His angels to scare the guy. Allahu'wa'alam.

salek

it's an ineredible story brother. it might be from india. i am from bangladesh,currntly living in canada. but my heart moved to listen to your story. brother, you are so lucky person who have been helped by directly Allah. and allmighty Allah chose you convert you as a muslim. you are one of the billions of people , brother, try to stay in the path of Allah and Sunnah. surely, you are the choosen person and Jannat is waiting for you. may allah bless you.

one of your brother

salek

you should thank for beating up at 7

salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born I heard Azan in one ear and Iqama in other ear later after 2 Years I started to see my parents and other praying and listen to Quran and going to mosque with my dad and my grand fater, by 7 I was beaten to pray :D ;) jk, by 10 I was praying hamdulillah, that how I found out that I am a Muslim.

wa salaam alikom

thanks, that's a nice story though. there are so many muslim families i know they don't do that. there is no practice of islam. so,their next generations go astrays , know nothing about islam. they become so called liberals and non practicing muslims.they engage in all kinds of haram things even more than a non muslims. gambling in cassino, music , dance, night club, zina, bida etc. .. they will argue with you about islam even they don't know the basic things of islalm. they go to mosque once a year in eid prayers and watch others how they move in the prayers. if you give them advice in islamic ways they gonna avoid, attack and finally leave you. thus, we are losing our good muslim community. but you are lucky that you were born in such a good and pious islamic family.

Mugaz

My story

Assalmu walaikum everyone. Before I start my story I would like to make it perfectly clear that my intentions are not to insult any persons’ religious beliefs, this was just my personal experience and the questions and answers I asked myself before reverting to Islam made sense to me, and to you be your way to me be mine.

I’m from Trinidad, a Caribbean Island where there is a mix of different races and religions, Christianity, Hinduism and Islam being the major ones. My family members are Hindus, who are relatively strict in their beliefs, esp my father but from a young age I always liked to ask a lot of questions....Why this and why that and what reasoning is behind doing so and so? And I had a very difficult time understanding why we had to prostrate before something which can be physically touched or broken!

So, I just didn’t really take on the teachings of Hinduism but I believed there was a God. Oh, at 10 I remember hearing that in Islam you can have 12 wives and if you skipped a fast during Ramadhan to make one day up, you have to fast for 72 days (lol) Anyhow, even though I heard lots of silly things I still thought to myself...”WAW! Muslims have alot of dedication, even the young ones show such strong dedication and to boot, it’s a God they have no face for.” So, every time Ramadan came around I tried fasting a few days, to show some respect for Muslims and to see what they had to experience.

So, I did fast but I always thought that Islam was too strict for me to become a Muslim.....So, I wasn’t muslim, didn’t consider myself a Hindu but I was very accustomed to Christianity so I just prayed like a Christian. I believed Jesus (as) walked the earth and spread the word of God but I couldn’t understand the trinity, the fact that God and son is the same? Yet God is human? And has a mother? And Jesus (as) prayed and fasted to God?? These were the questions I asked myself and I knew that things didn’t add up....

Well..... remember earlier when I said that during Ramadan I would fast to show respect for Muslims, well a year Ramadan came and once again my normal routine started and I tried to fast a bit and then I realised that I never read about Islam or why Muslims fast! Alhamudillah, I still remember that day till now.......I sat in front of my PC and typed Islam into google and during the first five or ten minutes of reading about this deen, I just sat and cried, my tears ran hot and it felt as if something had shaken my body and soul, everything seemed to make perfect sense. One of the questions I always asked was, “What is our purpose in life?” Quran51:56-“ I have not created you (man or jinn) for any other purpose to worship me Your Lord”......

In the beginning I said to myself that I would have waited till I could wear hijab then to convert but then I realised I did everything according to Islam and I had already taken my shahadah without stating the words.....Well my parents have not accepted my Islam,they know but choose to act as it doesn’t exist and that I may grow out of the phase but Alhamuillah, I accepted Islam when I was 15 and till this day, four years later that phase hasn’t left my side, and Insha Allah never will. My mother knows and accepts it a bit, but not my father, I still live with them and live like a typical Hindu life, going temple and so on....but I do say my Salat and I do believe that There is NO GOD BUT ALLAH and Muhammad Mustafa (saw) was His final Messenger....

Well folks that’s all for now, I know it’s a bit long, so srry...btw I’m a girl! Insha Allah this message will reach all in the best of health...Assalmu walaikum
[/SIZ
E]

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
Assalmu walaikum everyone. Before I start my story I would like to make it perfectly clear that my intentions are not to insult any persons’ religious beliefs, this was just my personal experience and the questions and answers I asked myself before reverting to Islam made sense to me, and to you be your way to me be mine.

I’m from Trinidad, a Caribbean Island where there is a mix of different races and religions, Christianity, Hinduism and Islam being the major ones. My family members are Hindus, who are relatively strict in their beliefs, esp my father but from a young age I always liked to ask a lot of questions....Why this and why that and what reasoning is behind doing so and so? And I had a very difficult time understanding why we had to prostrate before something which can be physically touched or broken!

So, I just didn’t really take on the teachings of Hinduism but I believed there was a God. Oh, at 10 I remember hearing that in Islam you can have 12 wives and if you skipped a fast during Ramadhan to make one day up, you have to fast for 72 days (lol) Anyhow, even though I heard lots of silly things I still thought to myself...”WAW! Muslims have alot of dedication, even the young ones show such strong dedication and to boot, it’s a God they have no face for.” So, every time Ramadan came around I tried fasting a few days, to show some respect for Muslims and to see what they had to experience.

So, I did fast but I always thought that Islam was too strict for me to become a Muslim.....So, I wasn’t muslim, didn’t consider myself a Hindu but I was very accustomed to Christianity so I just prayed like a Christian. I believed Jesus (as) walked the earth and spread the word of God but I couldn’t understand the trinity, the fact that God and son is the same? Yet God is human? And has a mother? And Jesus (as) prayed and fasted to God?? These were the questions I asked myself and I knew that things didn’t add up....

Well..... remember earlier when I said that during Ramadan I would fast to show respect for Muslims, well a year Ramadan came and once again my normal routine started and I tried to fast a bit and then I realised that I never read about Islam or why Muslims fast! Alhamudillah, I still remember that day till now.......I sat in front of my PC and typed Islam into google and during the first five or ten minutes of reading about this deen, I just sat and cried, my tears ran hot and it felt as if something had shaken my body and soul, everything seemed to make perfect sense. One of the questions I always asked was, “What is our purpose in life?” Quran51:56-“ I have not created you (man or jinn) for any other purpose to worship me Your Lord”......

In the beginning I said to myself that I would have waited till I could wear hijab then to convert but then I realised I did everything according to Islam and I had already taken my shahadah without stating the words.....Well my parents have not accepted my Islam,they know but choose to act as it doesn’t exist and that I may grow out of the phase but Alhamuillah, I accepted Islam when I was 15 and till this day, four years later that phase hasn’t left my side, and Insha Allah never will. My mother knows and accepts it a bit, but not my father, I still live with them and live like a typical Hindu life, going temple and so on....but I do say my Salat and I do believe that There is NO GOD BUT ALLAH and Muhammad Mustafa (saw) was His final Messenger....

Well folks that’s all for now, I know it’s a bit long, so srry...btw I’m a girl! Insha Allah this message will reach all in the best of health...Assalmu walaikum
[/SIZ
E]

Dear sister , :ma:
May Allah swt strenghten your faith more and more, but sister,

did you utter the testimony of faith, Sahadatain, that is to say
La ilaha ila Allah; Muhammadur-rasul Allah. 'There is no god but Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, declared that in Msjid or infront of some of your Muslim friends if you have any?

you said you still go to temple ?? do you not have to do that to please your father, please you should not go to temple and watch unbleiver praticing shirk!

you say Salat?? do you mean you perform salat??

i hope i did not bother or hurt you by my question, it only for you good inshaAllah, and i am so happy for you, a very nice and strong story of faith

your sister in Islam
laila

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
thanks, that's a nice story though. there are so many muslim families i know they don't do that. there is no practice of islam. so,their next generations go astrays , know nothing about islam. they become so called liberals and non practicing muslims.they engage in all kinds of haram things even more than a non muslims. gambling in cassino, music , dance, night club, zina, bida etc. .. they will argue with you about islam even they don't know the basic things of islalm. they go to mosque once a year in eid prayers and watch others how they move in the prayers. if you give them advice in islamic ways they gonna avoid, attack and finally leave you. thus, we are losing our good muslim community. but you are lucky that you were born in such a good and pious islamic family.

unfortunatly brother you are so so right, :girl3:, but Hamdulella Islam is the first fast growing religon, Hamdulella brother, there are many many of those who reverts to Islam, giving us , we who born muslims, lessons of what a good muslim should be, May Allah bless their lifes and ours, i cry hot tears everytime i read a revertor story and this renewal my faith, if the term is right, i wanted so strongly to have inshallah a Very Muslim Family one day inshaAllah,
la illaha illa ALLAH, Muhammadur-rasul Allah.

Khalawatul iman

MasyaAllah all of your story is great.....Alhamdullilah iwas born islam....but now in this era how many islam pepole really understand about islam,,,i always think that they are new in islam more understand about islam than they are born in islam however i really thank to my God Allah bcoz i was born in islam.islam is the way of life..(my broken english hehe)hope u will understand.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

How did I come to Islam? Well, I was born a Muslima and raised in a Muslim family, but unfortunately for many years I was Muslim only by mouth. I didn't really know the importance of salat, seeking knowledge in my deen, or strictly following the sunna. Unfortunately thats how my brothers are right now. May Allah guide them and all of those who are lost like I was only a short period of time ago. Anyways, it was only about couple of years ago when I really started to focus, actually, became almost obessed with learning more about the Quran, hadiths, just anything that had to with Islam! It all started when a good freind of my mine gave me a digital Quran player which had many different translations of the Quran. I would listen to the Quran while reading the translation almost every night and day. I was just so amazed with every surah, and every ayah of the Quran. I would go to the internet to find out more information about something I didn't understand. I would look for more information. It was as if I just became Muslim or something. I really didn't even know the greatness of the Quran before and I just fell in love with it. I became hungary for Islam; learning it, practising it, spreading it. I then, changed almost my entire way of doing things. I changed how I dressed, what I watched, how I thought, and I became a different person. My goal and outlook in life changed completely. I developed a passion I never had for anything else in my entire life for my religion alhamdulilah. It was not easy though. I went through a stage of confusion because I would find myself questioning everything especially when it came to women and Islam. just some of the rules. I guess the shaytan really tried to mislead me by creating so many crazy and negative questions in my head and I would think sometimes that I was just crazy or evil. I remember I used to cry so many nights and I would ask Allah to help me fight the shaytan and to take away any questions that would lead me to shirk. Alhamdulilah Allah has made me successful. My passion for this beautiful religion of mine grows and grows everyday, all thanks and praise is to Allah. I am happy and even though life has it's many challenges and obsticles, my religion, the religion Allah(sw) chose for us helps me get through the rough times. I am a better person since I really started practising and obeying Allah through Islam. May Allah help those who spread the religion, who make it easier for people to understand the Quran, who make da'wa in whatever way possible, I ask Allah to protect these people and to make them happy, healthy and make them successful in this world and in Akhira especially.

I end this with Alhamdulilah, Allah chooses whomsoever he pleases to guide to the right path. I ask Allah to guide all of the Muslims to the truth; Islam. Another thing, I ask all of you, because I'm so worried about my family members, especially my brothers and my younger sisters to please make dua for them only for Allah's sake to help them see the truth and to guide them to Islam. May Allah guide us all, and may Allah make us those who Allah loves and that love Allah. Amin thuma Amin.

your sister in Islam,

Wsalamu Alaykum W. Wb

Rashadi

Asalamoe aleikoem my fellow worshippers of the one and true God.

I want to tell you how I became a muslim again. For all you doubters in here, especially the ones that come from a non muslim country and are so attracted to the uniqueness of Islam, I would like to add that Allah is the most merciful. Of all the people in the world, He forgives your sins entirely if you submit to him. That is a promise from the Merciful. And remember doubts come from the Satan. He tries to rationalise your actions and to reform you into his worshipper. Allah and Satan both make promises, but it is only Allah that furfils His promise.

I'm sorry it's so long, but you should read it !!!!

Back to my story,

I orginally come from Somalia, East Africa. I have lived their peacefully with my mother and father and the rest of the family in the once called the Pearl of East Africa Mogadishu, till I was four years old. I would like to tell you about the mercy of Allah, that I unfortunately have taken for granted.

We had to flee the country in 1991, because of the war. We only had two options. There was chaos and roadblocks on every street. We could either leave by boat or drive away and hope we'd make it. I think they destroyed the airport, so no one could flee by plain. We drove away and were halted by some militia men. They asked of which clan we were. My father did the talking and eventually we got away. We were very fortunate, they didn't ask my mother's clan, because they hated people from her clan. They'd surely kill her and all of her children ( us) on the spot if they only knew. But masha'allah they did not. We went to a southern coastal town called Kismayo. My father was the head of the national bank of Somalia and because of his status he had a lot of connections with people. Within a day or two my aunt had reserved some seats ( in a overcrowded boat). She did not want to leave immediately, because she wanted to know what happened to her house and all of her belongings. So she offered us to go. We went on the overcrowded fishing boat with rotten fish down below deck. My older brother always cries when he thinks about that moment. After a while the crewmembers got lost in the ocean and the motor failed. We didn't know were to go. We were lost for two days. But by the mercy of Allah, we were close to our destination. We arrived in Mombasa, Kenia.

Somali people were arrogant and welthy in those times. And they were especially very racist to people that very looked like the stereotype of an African ( in my opinion Somalis have an identitycrisis, arab or african, or both)
But because of the war, many refugeecamps had to be made in Kenia. Now everything was the other way. Somalis were now the victims of war, famine and poverty. I heard that the Kenians were abusing the Somalis in the refugee camps, because of our behaviour towards them before the war. But luckily my dad booked us a flight to Egypt. And from there we went to Europe, the Netherlands. And stayed there for sixteens years. And I'm still here waiting for the war to end.

My family has raised me to be a muslim, but never directly said what the consequences were if I didn't submit in the right way. In my opinion one cannot be a muslim only by his name, country, or appearence. It has to be seen in actions as well. That's what makes Islam the most attractive religion in the world. I went to the mosque till I was 14. But I have never really been so proud to be a muslim, because I didn't know why I was a muslim. I just thought it was a part of my heritage and tradition. And I have taken it for granted. ( like many muslims do ).

I did have experienced one out of body experience. This may sound very strange to you and you may not be able to relate to it. I was standing in the kitchens when I was 14 years old and suddenly I felt very warm. And after about two seconds I only saw two colours. Black and purple. I came out of my body and looked at myself. Then I came back and never felt so human before. I looked at my ten fingers and asked myself. Why I am here, why do I have ten finger, why this and why that. I cannot explain this. You have to have encountered this for yourself.

It was untill I turned 18 I started to step away from the Western culture. In the country I am living in for about 16 years, they want us ( muslims) to assimilate and to lose our religion and values. I have tried to fit in, but I could never understand why the people in the West submitted themselves to temporarily material things and adore them. The romantization of alcohol abuse, the exploitation of women ( for instance in the commercials of the European Championship they let women barely dressed play soccer for men's entertainment on tv) and I could go on and on. These social problems they face, Islam has already solved them for more than 1400 years ago. Masha'allah!

A friend of mine, Mohamed, once asked me why I didn't pray. And I couldn't give him a sane answer. Because there isn't an answer that could be acceptable. I started to fear life more and more. Celebrities and important figures in life were dying, one by one. And because death even came closer to me ( the mother of a friend died), it made me reflect more about life.

When I was 18 years old I was walking to college. It was a very windy day in Amsterdam. I was walking to cross the street, but suddenly a sign came of a pole. It was 2 meters by 2 meters and it came directly towards me. This object would've killed me if it had to me with that speed. I have never ever seen an object came to me in such a slow way. It looked like it was in slow-motion. But I knew I didn't have the time to duck, so I stood still.
Masha'allah the object passed me. But the weird thing about it was that it came just above my shoulder and ear. As if the wind did its task to warn me.I was in a hurry for a lecture at my school. So I didn't have enough time to think about what just happened. After school I had another 'aya' or sign from Allah. I was walking to the subway ( metro ), but I notices a black bird was following me. After a while it looked like he wanted to attack me and it didn't know why. It went away after a couple of attempts. Then the strangest thing happened. I saw about 50 pigeons grazing and looking for food on the ground.
Normally they mind their own business, but this wasn't the case when they saw me. Suddenly they stopped moving and eating and looked at me. None of them moved. I didn't know what to think! I was the only one in the street and I couldn't believe my eyes. It scared me so much I ran away.

I asked my family and friends what this meant and they said it was a sign of Allah to come on his path again. As soon possible I read the Quran with the translation and everything the Quran said made sense. Once when I had doubts I asked God to lead my on his path and give me another sign ( very egocentric after all the signs he gave me) And I can't remember what it exactly said, but I think it was something like ' those who seek the help from Allah will surely receive it and Allah will continuelly send them ayas for they will stand firm in their faith' I'm sorry If I said it wrong. But I mentioned it just to give you an example.

Since then I pray 5 times a day, try to do good deeds, be good to my family, try give da'wah to ignorant people and learn more and more about Islam. And I'm here on thise website to share and learn.

:salam2: my Ummah :arabi1:

Subhan Allah wa a story. I always worry about my brothers and sisters in Somalia and of course everywhere. I am so happy that you found Islam and realized it is more than just a name or culture but every one must submit to Allah (swt). I came to Islam from doing research even though I knew many Muslims as I was young but they weren't a good example at all. It wasn't until I moved to the U.S. and it was about 5 years ago i reverted alhamdulillah. Thank you for sharing this very beautiful and sad story. It really made me sad yet happy that you found Islam as the truth.

May Allah guide everyone and may He help our brothers and sisters in Somalia and everywhere else, ameen.

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
I am a muslim the moment i was born,alhamdhulillah.
i came from a 100% muslim community,where i saw my grandmom,mom and dad praying, reaading qur'an,fasting,giving zakath and going to hajj and umra.all my frnds,family members and whole city is muslim.we have 5 mosques in 2/3 mile.so i hear the azan from 3 mosques together every prayer time.
were taught to read qur'an and pray,.we start to fast whn we are as little as 4yrs.i did my 1st fast when i was 4yrs.:D.it was my first real fast.b4 my mother used to keep me half day,telling that i get 2.when others get one,just to feed me.lol
when we start to go school at age of 7.they have religion as a compulsory subject.called subject islam.we have this subject till grade 7.starting with who is allah and prophet,what is shareea and the flower and tree of eemaan to what is marriage,shareeaa,the tourment in hell,grave.,judgment day,and learning qur;an and meaning by heart.
m very proud to say,all of my family and frnds know all the majors in islam,and after high school we are improing our iman by learning qur;an by heart with its meaning.:D