What would be the main reason to become a muslim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hager

salam

salam
look,i know christain ..from us..
he's not cathloic..
we were going to marry..but it's doesn't work..cuz,it's not allowed in islam

he was like u?the same quiz?
he start to change...
and he now believe that jeseu 's not son of god,just human..as u,me

and he believe in islam..but he afarid to turn..cuz,his family..so on

anyway,it's not the subject..
i read ur topic..

u said...that if u..believe jesus's god..u'll be in heaven
then u notice..that u sinned...so on..

so,if u really noitce that....
i'm aksing u,to Read in bible and Qur'an..
and make compartive

i read in bible..before...and i made compartive between bible,qur'an...

i see,the fact..
i see...how ppl'z in christanity think?
what's annoyed u?that i have cathloic friend...tell me"she prayed for priest..so on"

i aid"this's wrong..u pryaed for allah,not human"

ji didn't ask u..to turn to islam..it's up to the person...
but,i'm asking u..to read in islam,in qur'an...
and then read the bible..

and tell me,then what u get ?

salam

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
Greetings, just a short response to you. You wrote that:
As Christians, we believe if you believe Jesus is God and live a moral life you go to heaven, it isnt just simply belief.
That statement is not true. We can not live a moral, we have all failed/sinned. and because of that, the Wrath of God abides on us. We need a Savior to save us from Gods wrath that is coming on all who have broken His Law.

Respectfully

ya the moshiyakh(messiah)( masih )( Jesus, )(Yeshuwah,) (isaa).(as)

uskupi

Again, thank you all for your comments. It is a little overwhelming to try to respond to everyone. But I would like to try to continue the dialogue.

So far, I hear many say that God is merciful. My question is, Is it reasonable that God would punish those who have broken His laws?

The bible teaches that God will punish lawbreakers, not only murders but liars, also. We tend to think that if we have not murdered anyone then we are not bad. But, Jesus helped us to see that God is so Holy. He considers hate as murder, and looking with lust as adultery. Since God is Holy and Just, how can He just simply say, Oh, it's OK, you can come in to paradise. Justice demands payment for breaking the law. The bible says that payment is death. We are in a lot of trouble if we have to make that payment.

With the help of God's Law, I have discovered that I have sinned against God, I was His enemy, But I also discovered that He sent Jesus, His own Son, to pay my penalty (death). I am so grateful to God for this, I will do anything for Him. (Repentance).

It seems that a muslim is taught that he can just try to live a "good" life and maybe he will go to paradise. But, Jesus tells us that it's not about being good enough, it's about being PERFECT. And since we CANNOT be perfect on our own, we need the Life and death of Jesus (who is perfect) as a substitution of ours.

I hope this makes sense,
Thank You

assalam alaikum ...dadmang can you say to me wich is the highest command in the book (law)?...assalam alaikum

cihan

Left The Website

Greetings, I am a Christian, looking to have a discussion about Islam.

What would be the main reason to become a muslim?

Peace

As salamu aleykum wr wb

i think the main reason is ..Islam gives the complete answer and the answer which makes sense to the question "why i am here , in this life?"...

Allah Hafiz

blackivy393

Greetings, just a short response to you. You wrote that:
As Christians, we believe if you believe Jesus is God and live a moral life you go to heaven, it isnt just simply belief.
That statement is not true. We can not live a moral, we have all failed/sinned. and because of that, the Wrath of God abides on us. We need a Savior to save us from Gods wrath that is coming on all who have broken His Law.

Respectfully

(James 2:20-24 NIV) [20] You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? [21] Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? [22] You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Matthew 7:20-26
7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

Belief in Jesus is not the only only criteria , you must live a Godly lifestyle as well. God himself tells people to identify Christians by what they do, not what they say they believe in and people won't just be going to heaven because they believe, its how you live your life too. There are child molestors who deep in their hearts believe Jesus is God, are they going to heaven, cuz actions dont account? no theyre not going to heaven because God takes an account what you do even when you say Jesus is God.

dianek

(James 2:20-24 NIV) [20] You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? [21] Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? [22] You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Matthew 7:20-26
7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

Belief in Jesus is not the only only criteria , you must live a Godly lifestyle as well. God himself tells people to identify Christians by what they do, not what they say they believe in and people won't just be going to heaven because they believe, its how you live your life too. There are child molestors who deep in their hearts believe Jesus is God, are they going to heaven, cuz actions dont account? no theyre not going to heaven because God takes an account what you do even when you say Jesus is God.

BRAVO Blackivy!!! This has been one of the best responses I have seen yet and very informative for me as a new revert as well.......Jahzalikir!

blackivy393

BRAVO Blackivy!!! This has been one of the best responses I have seen yet and very informative for me as a new revert as well.......Jahzalikir!

yea cuz im a christian too, i cant stand it when people always try 2 say just believe in Jesus and you go to heaven that its. they try 2 make it seem lik christianity is very simple, and thats all you have to do, in order 2 get converts. and thats why in the church you have all these people walking around doing what they want 2 do in their personal lives thinking theyre going to heaven and have no moral obligation to God. cuz today in the church and in the US where most people say their christian, if you're living morally you're an outcast.

dianek

yea cuz im a christian too, i cant stand it when people always try 2 say just believe in Jesus and you go to heaven that its. they try 2 make it seem lik christianity is very simple, and thats all you have to do, in order 2 get converts. and thats why in the church you have all these people walking around doing what they want 2 do in their personal lives thinking theyre going to heaven and have no moral obligation to God. cuz today in the church and in the US where most people say their christian, if you're living morally you're an outcast.

Well I think you make an excellent Christian......and muslim....

DadManG

This has been a very good discussion. I appreciate ALL the comments. Thank you all very much. I would like, in closing, to make one final attempt to convey something.
The reason people will go to Hell is because they have broken God's Law/Commandments.

1. Ever broken the first commandment?
"You shall have no other gods before me." That means that we should love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength. The Bible tells us that no one has kept this commandment
(Psalm 14:2-3).
2. Do you have your own views on God?
Idolatry of the imagination is the oldest sin in the Book, "these men have set up their idols in their heart..." Ezek. 14:3. God says that no idolaters "...shall inherit the kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
3. Ever used God's name as a cuss word? (Example " Oh my G-d!")
God says, "he that blasphemes the name of the LORD, shall surely be put to death..." Leviticus 24:16 and "every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment." Matt. 12:36
4. Ever done work on the Sabbath?
God said that anyone who did work on the Sabbath, "shall be put to death" - Ex. 35:2
Num. 15:32-36 tells of a man who merely picked up some sticks on the Sabbath, God said that he must be stoned to death.
5. Ever dishonored your parents?
God says, "he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death..." Ex. 21:17 and "rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft" - 1 Samuel 15:23
6. Ever hated anyone?
Hatred is the same as murder in God's eyes (1 John 3:15) – God says, "...murderers...shall have their part in the lake of fire..." Revelation 21:8
7. Ever looked with lust?
Jesus said that lust is "adultery of the heart" (Matthew 5:28) - God says that no adulterers "...shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. Ever stolen something?
God says, "No thieves... ...shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:10
9. Ever told a lie?
God says "...all liars, shall have their part in the lake of fire..." Revelation 21:8
10. Ever been greedy?
God says that he actually hates (abhors) "the covetous," Psalm 10:3, and of those who are covetous (greedy) he says, "they which commit such things are worthy of death," Rom 1:29-32. Also see 1 Tim. 6:10.

I have found the following link very helpfull
http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/graphics/pdf/WhyChristianity.pdf

Thank you for giving your time to read these responses.

Peace

gazkour

yes, we all sin!

DadmanG,

You are right when you say that we are all sinners.
But Allah is the Most Merciful, Compassionate and Kind, so when we TRULY repent and sin no more and turn to Him, He's there to guide and forgive us.
Allah is the One who ultimately decides who's going to be saved or not, because he is the Only One that knows what is in our hearts. May Allah guide us all.

DadManG

Where is the justice in letting a lawbreaker go free.
What would you think if someone viciously murdered your mother, (God forbid), they caught the person, and he goes to court. Would it be justice if the judge decided to let him go free, and how would you feel?

We are the criminals, we will face God and be judged for every thought, word and action. We are ALL guilty. Do you think you can bribe the judge by doing "good works". Those good works do not take away the crime committed. If I have raped a women, stand before the judge and say, "Judge, I am sorry, can you let me go? I have been helping to serve soup to poor people." The judge will say, "You should be helping the poor, but that has nothing to do with your crime", Justice demands that the penalty be paid.

That's why Jesus died, He paid our penalty, death.

Thank You,

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Where is the justice in letting a lawbreaker go free.
What would you think if someone viciously murdered your mother, (God forbid), they caught the person, and he goes to court. Would it be justice if the judge decided to let him go free, and how would you feel?

We are the criminals, we will face God and be judged for every thought, word and action. We are ALL guilty. Do you think you can bribe the judge by doing "good works". Those good works do not take away the crime committed. If I have raped a women, stand before the judge and say, "Judge, I am sorry, can you let me go? I have been helping to serve soup to poor people." The judge will say, "You should be helping the poor, but that has nothing to do with your crime", Justice demands that the penalty be paid.

Thank You,

Hi

Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another., (Quran-Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #164)

And this is what u call justice ? Does it make sense at all?

That's why Jesus died, He paid our penalty, death
So people still can continue doing sins and say Jesus (peace be upon him) paid our penalty?

This is what u believe and Im sorry if I offended u in anyway,Im just expressing my thoughts ...

bye

Mairo

Maryama
Salam all,

I just wanted to add some excerpts from the Quran:

[3.31] Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

[3.133] And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord; and a Garden, the extensiveness of which is (as) the heavens and the earth, it is prepared for those who guard (against evil).

[3.135] And those who when they commit an indecency or do injustice to their souls remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their faults-- and who forgives the faults but Allah, and (who) do not knowingly persist in what they have done.

[5.93] On those who believe and do good there is no blame for what they eat, when they are careful (of their duty) and believe and do good deeds, then they are careful (of their duty) and believe, then they are careful (of their duty) and do good (to others), and Allah loves those who do good (to others).

[6.154] Again, We gave the Book to Musa to complete (Our blessings) on him who would do good (to others), and making plain all things and a guidance and a mercy, so that they should believe in the meeting of their Lord.

[17.9] Surely this Quran guides to that which is most upright and gives good news to the believers who do good that they shall have a great reward.

[18.110] Say: I am only a mortal like you; it is revealed to me that your god is one God, therefore whoever hopes to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds, and not join any one in the service of his Lord.

[19.60] Except such as repent and believe and do good, these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly in any way:

[26.227] Except those who believe and do good and remember Allah much, and defend themselves after they are oppressed; and they who act unjustly shall know to what final place of turning they shall turn back.

4.110] And whoever does evil or acts unjustly to his soul, then asks forgiveness of Allah, he shall find Allah Forgiving, Merciful.

[4.116] Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and He forgives what is besides this to whom He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he indeed strays off into a remote error.

[4.168] Surely (as for) those who disbelieve and act unjustly Allah will not forgive them nor guide them to a path

[29.7] And (as for) those who believe and do good, We will most certainly do away with their evil deeds and We will most certainly reward them the best of what they did.

[39.10] Say: O my servants who believe! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord; for those who do good in this world is good, and Allah's earth is spacious; only the patient will be paid back their reward in full without measure.

[47.2] And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

[2.148] And every one has a direction to which he should turn, therefore hasten to (do) good works; wherever you are, Allah will bring you all together; surely Allah has power over all things.

[5.9] Allah has promised to those who believe and do good deeds (that) they shall have forgiveness and a mighty reward.

[5.13] But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others).

Our Lord is the most just, and the most beneficient, and most merciful. God help us all increase in repentance, increase in doing good works, and increase in remembrance of him.

DadManG

When we come to God thru Jesus in repentance, God gives us a new heart. To live for Him, and to hate sin. Not just go and continue in it.

Mairo

Maryama
DadManG,

I think you should see by now that as Muslims we do not agree with your statements and conclusions. Can you tell me what your intentions have been with this thread? Are you trying to convince people to believe what you believe? Or are you trying to learn about Islam? Or is it another reason entirely?

I am not upset or anything, I am just curious as to what your motivation is.

Peace

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
This has been a very good discussion. I appreciate ALL the comments. Thank you all very much. I would like, in closing, to make one final attempt to convey something.

Peace

Salamu Alekum all brothers and sisters,
Hello DadManG,

I wanna ask you DadManG, please, just not to leave now. I've things to convey too, and I wanna you to know them, so please just don't go in "closing" now. I'll write furhter today In shaa' Allah (God Willing), it's just that I've to go to work right now. Please if you really wanna know about Islam and possible-answers for your question; don't leave.

Well, thank you in advance
see you later today in shaa' Allah

Wasalmu alekum warhmato Allah all

gazkour

When we come to God thru Jesus in repentance, God gives us a new heart. To live for Him, and to hate sin. Not just go and continue in it.

I don't know why do you insist in saying that the one who repents is like the one who is continuing to sin. If someone continues in the sin that means that he hasn't repent truly!

We muslims get this new heart, as you said, when we seek God in repentance, but without going through intermediaries or the sacrifice of the one that hasn't die : that is Jesus (PBUH).

It also seems that you as a christian doubt that, if it wasn't for the "death" of Jesus, God would not be able not make justice to humanity.

You also seem to be worried about the rapist, murderer and all the law brakers.....so what is the point of the Day Of Judgement ? We muslims believe that on that day, complete justice is going to be done to all (muslims, christians, atheists, hindues, etc, etc) by the Only One who knows justice.

I have a question for you:

What would happen if all humanity accepts Jesus(PBUH)as saviour? Is Hell going to be empty then?

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum... Peace be upon you...

Dear DadManG,

When you say "The death of Jesus (pbuh) is the penalty for our sins", the next question would be "Did Jesus tell you that??" I mean, did Jesus actually tell in the bible, that his death will pay the price for our sins?

When people used to come to him and ask him "O Master, how do we have eternal life"... He simply replied, "Love your GOD and Obey the commandments"..PERIOD!!

So, brother DadManG, Islam always asks for proof in Black and White...so, if Jesus ever said in the bible "My death will pay the penalty for our sins"...please quote the Chapter and verse...

Hope this clarifies...

regards,
Noby

DadManG

Jesus Christ said that He was God.
JOH 10:24 The Jews therefore gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, "How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."
JOH 10:25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these bear witness of Me.
JOH 10:26 "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep.
JOH 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
JOH 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
JOH 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
JOH 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
JOH 10:31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
JOH 10:32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"
JOH 10:33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

Is it logical to conclude that Jesus is either God, a liar or a crazy person. Not a Prophet?

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.