Quantum Mechanics

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I have read that there are force carriers which are called Muons (Strong Nuclear), Peons (Weak Nuclear), Photons (Electromagnetic) and maybe even a Graviton (Gravitational). Are these considered subatomic particle, or are they considered quanta (packets of energy)? How do these help prove islam. What capacity do these "force" carriers have if they were subjugated to control by say humans or jinns? Also How is quantum mechanics as a whole help Islam? Also is the EPR (Einstein Polanski..) Paradox also in Islam?

Also how are these considered the unknown/beyond/ghayb/*shudders* type thing? and if it isn't unknown/beyond/ghayb/*shudders* type thing then what is?

Al-Indunisiy

:salam2:

I have two things to say:

1.Do not indulge in pseudoscience.
2.Do not drag religion along with science, vice versa.

:wasalam:

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
I have read that there are force carriers which are called Muons (Strong Nuclear), Peons (Weak Nuclear), Photons (Electromagnetic) and maybe even a Graviton (Gravitational). Are these considered subatomic particle, or are they considered quanta (packets of energy)? How do these help prove islam. What capacity do these "force" carriers have if they were subjugated to control by say humans or jinns? Also How is quantum mechanics as a whole help Islam? Also is the EPR (Einstein Polanski..) Paradox also in Islam?`

Also how are these considered the unknown/beyond/ghayb/*shudders* type thing? and if it isn't unknown/beyond/ghayb/*shudders* type thing then what is?
Its ok to be curious about things but don't give your definition on things which you don't have proof from Qur'an and Sunnah. And btw Isn't neutrino positron and the likes considered to be sub atomic particles?

True_Sultan

A logical believer

I have two things to say:

1.Do not indulge in pseudoscience.
2.Do not drag religion along with science, vice versa.

:wasalam:

Doesn't the quran teach us to search for knowledge, and doesn't science comply with religion, last time i checked, that was the case.

Its ok to be curious about things but don't give your definition on things which you don't have proof from Qur'an and Sunnah. And btw Isn't neutrino positron and the likes considered to be sub atomic particles?

Thats why I asked here. Also doesn't Islam Comply with Quantum Mechanics?

And for the ghayb and its key's isnt it more then the five items in Surat Laqoum and like alif laam meem? isn't it more beyond then that? Also can the unknown of the universe be considered ghayb?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Doesn't the quran teach us to search for knowledge, and doesn't science comply with religion, last time i checked, that was the case.

Thats why I asked here. Also doesn't Islam Comply with Quantum Mechanics?

And for the ghayb and its key's isnt it more then the five items in Surat Laqoum and like alif laam meem? isn't it more beyond then that? Also can the unknown of the universe be considered ghayb?

Not all of science exactly complies with religion, the theory of evolution, for example.
Anything that is from God is in harmony with what he created. So yes, Islam complies
with any chunk of science that is proven. Be careful though, the point of Islam is not to study Quantum Mechanics. The point of it is to follow the pillars and believe in the articles of faith.
Concerning ghayb, anything that humans don't know about is the unseen. The knowledge of the unseen resides with Allah alone, it is locked forever or locked untill he gives humans the authority to explore it. I would advise you to not ponder too much over the Unseen for the very definition of the word, we humans, with our limited intelligence, cannot know about it.

krackpot

slave warrior caged
I have read that there are force carriers which are called Muons (Strong Nuclear), Peons (Weak Nuclear), Photons (Electromagnetic) and maybe even a Graviton (Gravitational). Are these considered subatomic particle, or are they considered quanta (packets of energy)? How do these help prove islam. What capacity do these "force" carriers have if they were subjugated to control by say humans or jinns? Also How is quantum mechanics as a whole help Islam? Also is the EPR (Einstein Polanski..) Paradox also in Islam?

As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakuthu

Dear brother the science is not so advanced yet to comply with the Qur'an..
we are Maqlookh (the creation) whereas Qur'an is KALAAM ALLAH (WORD OF ALLAh)
so it is way too supreme for us to understand as one word has different meanings and it applies to all situations... but research is goin on around the world wait till some1 comes up with something crucial.....
already many topics like creation of man and origin of universe, birth stage are explained.... so research on ghayb only put confusion in their (kuffar) minds... allah will show them his signs in the universe and in themselves till they believe that qur'an is the ultimate miracle... so pray to Allah to to britng them towards light :p
Ameen

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam

the all i can say that is:
I'll quote Dr.zakir...Quran is the book of Signs(ayah)....S I G N S....not the book of science.....S C I E N C E........

We can search for theknowledge...with the wisdom of Quran and Sunnah....not going to take them as reference....inshallah.....seeking knowledege....seeking the truth is our duty.....how will we find...Quran and Sunnah tells us.....yet Quran contains a great deal of Science but you cant take it as reference or cant take an ayah to prove a law...or something....donot mix Quran and science.....in that case I will support Al-Indunisiy.

theres nothing to do with the compilation of Science and religion.....
Our religion is the truth we know that....but if science tells us a new theory with proof....if we take for sake of arguement.....which contradicts Islam...will you be going to keep aside Islam......someday the truth will come in front.....otherwise....why would I (at 21st century)and my parents(at their time) read a different theory of atom/sun revolves roud the earth...and so many things.....

Refer: sura Isra' 17:81
falsehood is by nature bound to be perished in contrast if truth.....inshallah
shukran lakum brother...

Jazakallahu khairn

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Not all of science exactly complies with religion, the theory of evolution, for example.
Anything that is from God is in harmony with what he created. So yes, Islam complies
with any chunk of science that is proven. Be careful though, the point of Islam is not to study Quantum Mechanics. The point of it is to follow the pillars and believe in the articles of faith.
Concerning ghayb, anything that humans don't know about is the unseen. The knowledge of the unseen resides with Allah alone, it is locked forever or locked untill he gives humans the authority to explore it. I would advise you to not ponder too much over the Unseen for the very definition of the word, we humans, with our limited intelligence, cannot know about it.

so it is way too supreme for us to understand as one word has different meanings and it applies to all situations... but research is goin on around the world wait till some1 comes up with something crucial.....
already many topics like creation of man and origin of universe, birth stage are explained.... so research on ghayb only put confusion in their (kuffar) minds... allah will show them his signs in the universe and in themselves till they believe that qur'an is the ultimate miracle... so pray to Allah to to britng them towards light :p
Ameen

Yes I know that science isn't as advance yet, thats why i want to do engineering and science so I can advance it. Also isn't It a good idea to learn about false things so you can combat against it? Also I know the point of religion is not to study Quantum Mechanics but whats wrong with studying it. Also in Quantum Mechanics there is a Many Word Interpretation, which complies with an ayat in the quran which states Allah as the lord of the worlds. Is that a wrong assumption? Also I know that the keys to the unseen are with Allah (the unknown/unseen/beyond/*shudders*), and we will only know when Allah allows us, but these could be infinite and could be something infinitly unknown/unseen/beyond/*shudders* and stuff.. :confused: because as you said our mind is only finite..

Salam

the all i can say that is:
I'll quote Dr.zakir...Quran is the book of Signs(ayah)....S I G N S....not the book of science.....S C I E N C E........

We can search for theknowledge...with the wisdom of Quran and Sunnah....not going to take them as reference....inshallah.....seeking knowledege....seeking the truth is our duty.....how will we find...Quran and Sunnah tells us.....yet Quran contains a great deal of Science but you cant take it as reference or cant take an ayah to prove a law...or something....donot mix Quran and science.....in that case I will support Al-Indunisiy.

theres nothing to do with the compilation of Science and religion.....
Our religion is the truth we know that....but if science tells us a new theory with proof....if we take for sake of arguement.....which contradicts Islam...will you be going to keep aside Islam......someday the truth will come in front.....otherwise....why would I (at 21st century)and my parents(at their time) read a different theory of atom/sun revolves roud the earth...and so many things.....

Refer: sura Isra' 17:81
falsehood is by nature bound to be perished in contrast if truth.....inshallah
shukran lakum brother...

Jazakallahu khairn

Well Isn't it good to learn what is false so you can differentiate between truth and falsehood. Also isn't Islam logical so there is no way I will leave islam, would you?

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Well Isn't it good to learn what is false so you can differentiate between truth and falsehood. Also isn't Islam logical so there is no way I will leave islam, would you?

salam
why not brother.....may be you are trying to express something and some of us took it not wrong but to clear the matter....dont worry brother...but you really need not to study the false to know the truth....
We can judge/manage thing in the contrast of Islam..not taking direct references...the science contradicts the Quran....keep aside that...and then can you study the false and...study the Quran and sunnah to prove the logic from Quran/sunnah.....to the midguided science beleiver....

Inshallah....hope we will not go for further argument.....but the thing I've understand that....we are just misunderstanding the tread...

anyways...
jazakallahu khairn...

Wassalam

krackpot

slave warrior caged
Brother TRUE SULTAN gaining knowledge is very important for every muslim and the meaning of knowledge is very vast in islam.... im very happy you are interested in higher learning and that too in QUANTUM MECHANICS this field is usually the choice of ppl who want to harm muslims and erase islam (yahood).

islam needs more and more scientists, researchers and dignitaries....alhamduliilah... gain as much knowledge as you can but remember you are a muslim in every walk of life.. our friendship is for allah our enemity is for allah... success is from allah and failure is also from allah... so gain knowledge for betterment of UMMAH :shake:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
salam
why not brother.....may be you are trying to express something and some of us took it not wrong but to clear the matter....dont worry brother...but you really need not to study the false to know the truth....
We can judge/manage thing in the contrast of Islam..not taking direct references...the science contradicts the Quran....keep aside that...and then can you study the false and...study the Quran and sunnah to prove the logic from Quran/sunnah.....to the midguided science beleiver....

Inshallah....hope we will not go for further argument.....but the thing I've understand that....we are just misunderstanding the tread...

anyways...
jazakallahu khairn...

Wassalam

Salm brother,

Yes I can see its a misunderstanding and there is no point in arguing, but I think the really misundertanding is the definition of science. Many people define science in many ways. I define it as a methodological/logical way of spreading the truth and the function of nature. As you know, scientific theory's and sometimes laws are subjugated to change. This is a advantage/disadvantage to us islamic scientists. So I wanted to fix the err of the other scientist using pure evidence (which inshallah will be showen to us and already has been aswell). I also understand your point of view as there is no need to study the falsehood in order to comprehend the truth from our Lord/Friend/Creator.

Brother TRUE SULTAN gaining knowledge is very important for every muslim and the meaning of knowledge is very vast in islam.... im very happy you are interested in higher learning and that too in QUANTUM MECHANICS this field is usually the choice of ppl who want to harm muslims and erase islam (yahood).

islam needs more and more scientists, researchers and dignitaries....alhamduliilah... gain as much knowledge as you can but remember you are a muslim in every walk of life.. our friendship is for allah our enemity is for allah... success is from allah and failure is also from allah... so gain knowledge for betterment of UMMAH :shake:

Thank you for your encouragment. What you have stated is also one of my reasons in persuing aerospace engineering and physics. Also I hope Im not insulting anyones opinion. Though my orignal questions have not been answered. So are they subatomic particle's or quanta?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Ameen

perfect answer to all those who believe science(study of nature)and Islam are opposite poles:)

jazakallah kahria akhi.........like it the way you put it........quran and islam advance form of science......perfect mashallah:)

akhi TURE_SULTAN you might get your answer of whether these stuff are subatomic particals or quantas(energy packets)by studing the LHC reasearch.........wonder what became of that:confused:???

True_Sultan

A logical believer
perfect answer to all those who believe science(study of nature)and Islam are opposite poles:)

jazakallah kahria akhi.........like it the way you put it........quran and islam advance form of science......perfect mashallah:)

akhi TURE_SULTAN you might get your answer of whether these stuff are subatomic particals or quantas(energy packets)by studing the LHC reasearch.........wonder what became of that:confused:???

Yeah I always wondered to, but I find nothing and when I ask people on Yahoo Answers, they say Im uneducated :confused:

By definition, Al-Ghayb (the Beyond) cannot be known without revelation from God, so asking "is this from Al-Ghayb?" is a self-contradictory question.

The only part of that theory that the Quran contradicts is that Adam and Eve evolved. The rest the Quran has no problem with.

Yes Brother Ayman, I agree with everything. So does anybody know if these force carrier's/resonators considered quanta's or subatomic particle's :confused:

Also im wondering (not being racist) why do Pakistani people hate us bengali, for instant a guy name Ali (he is pakistani) laughs at my calculus mark, he gets a 98 and I get a 95 :confused: why is is questioning my intellect when by fact my thinking mark is better and also I don't know school marks meausre your intellectual capacity.. Anyway why do people hate me like that, are they challenged or fealing threatened by my current position?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I think it's unfair to make a sweeping generalization by that one thing. Just because one Pakistani said that to you doesn't mean the entire race hates you. Likewise, just because one apple is rotten doesn't mean they all are.
I cant answer the other questions because I don't know either of you personally. :)

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I think it's unfair to make a sweeping generalization by that one thing. Just because one Pakistani said that to you doesn't mean the entire race hates you. Likewise, just because one apple is rotten doesn't mean they all are.
I cant answer the other questions because I don't know either of you personally. :)

Thats kinda true brother..but its true that people of your own race also hates you to :(

So how come no one answered. So do you guys hate science or is Islam against it? It doesn't say that in the quran

abu'muhammad

I have read that there are force carriers which are called Muons (Strong Nuclear), Peons (Weak Nuclear), Photons (Electromagnetic) and maybe even a Graviton (Gravitational). Are these considered subatomic particle, or are they considered quanta (packets of energy)?

According to physicists

The four forces of matter that physicist describe are weak, strong , gravitational and the electro –magnetic. The gravitational - the weakest one. those forces bound the matter and the sub-atomic particles affected by those forces which keeps them in order and rotate in energy levels. this is what physicist believe about mechanics of quantum.
( after all this are theories which could err and a room for changes. And in past, So many theories were corrected later or rejected.)

the main question is who set those forces ? The particles do not move on their own but Allaah has set the order in them by His will and wisdom .And He has made the things to move, act, work accordingly. And they submit themselves to Allaah’s order.

As Allaah says in qur’aan

"If there were therein Gods besides Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the earth) would have collapsed into disorder and chaos. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, transcendent beyond all they ascribe unto Him." (21:22)

"It is Allah Who created everything in the best of form…It is He Who created and perfected all things." (32:7, 87:2)

"Allah is He Who created seven heavens and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His command: that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends all things in (His) knowledge." (65:12)

"There is not an animal in the earth nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are community like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the Book. Then unto their Lord they will be gathered." (6:38)

How do these help prove islam. What capacity do these "force" carriers have if they were subjugated to control by say humans or jinns? Also How is quantum mechanics as a whole help Islam? Also is the EPR (Einstein Polanski..) Paradox also in Islam?

humans have misused the energy at sub-atomic levels by making hydrogen bomb, atom bombs from the radioactive elements. Humans have also used the energy in good ways ! Like hydro-electric generation.

Although so many people may have knowhow of quantum mechanics yet they do not think of the reasons behind the motion of particles . If they could have reasoned than that would have helped themselves better than any-one else.Or could atleast have thought of the creator behind and existence of such sub-atomic particles. An another example,there are many atheist cardiac surgeons. One of them as just an instance, when doing surgery sees the amazing heart beating ,he observes that the bicuspid and the tri-cuspid valves do not open simultaneously,but one closes and other opens and vice-versa . further blood arrives in heart at some pressure and leaves the heart at a different pressure which causes heart beat. These pressures are diastolic and systolic During clinical check-up the physician measures the levels of those pressures and looks at the health condition, whether there is low blood pressure or high blood pressure . If all such doctors have reasoned this order in heart and went to fetch answers then that would have led them to think atleast that who set the motion of heart ?.and who set such a command in it? But they will not unless they are guided by Allaah subhanahu wa taala.

On the contrary science has been helped through Islaamic studies. I have seen a video in which two swiss astroscientists went into the space and they saw something surprising that moved them and later instilled their heart with iman. yet I do not remember the exact story of that. Another familiar example -when Musa (peace be upon him) went to the court of firaun and his snakes swallowed the snakes of firaun’s magician, they were certain that this is not the magic but a reality, and so that instilled their heart wih faith and they embraced Islaam. So guidance is upto Allaah , he does with his knowledge.

on the other side I have heard (not sure of that although) that there are anti-islaamic study centres that are working day-night to disprove/ misfit the ayahs of qur’aan ( I seek Allaah’s refuge from the fitans) But as the qur’aan has challenged to produce even ten verses equivalent to it and the mujrimoons were and are not able to do so. So Allaah solely helps his religion against the enemies and helps the believers, gives them the stronghold to Islaam.It is human illusion that so and so things help Islaam anyway. so many verses of qur’aan guides us to believe that Allaah safeguards the believers and islaam and they should keep hope in Allaah. Further it can be said that still before 100 years there were no modern instruments to show the people minutest things still they embraced Islaam, that was solely that Allaah guided them to falaah- success..

The sub-atomic particles are not seen through an un-aided eye but seen through a compound or an electron microscope that shows the flickering motion of electrons!. Just as the lab-technician sees the microorganism present in blood, saliva etc and can come to conclusion the type of disease – malaria, typhoid etc.

so can we say that as ghayb? or factually, a limitation of Human eye ! can we?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

In one lecture of Tafseer al-Quran that I listened to, al-ustaaz mentioned that Syed Qutb said : "Al-Quran is not a book of science but rather it is a book of Al-Ahkaam, الأحكام (full of wisdom and knowledge)." Therefore the details of how the world is created etc, it isn't in the Quran. But as a Muslim who believe in the holy and highness of the Quran, we take everything that is written in it as we know it is from Allaah The All-Knower, All-Knowledgable and All-Wise.

Science may always change. What could be a theory, theorem or Laws might be disqualified or "upgraded" with new findings and theories proved by countless experiments. So the one that we learn in science today might be a different thing by the time of our children/grandchildren.

As for your thoughts of pursuing in engineering course, well, I think that is a good idea. May Allaah ease your journey in seeking for knowledge. InshaAllaah, I think it wouldnt be much of a problem to you as you have a strong basic in maths. Maybe you can try for Engineering Physics, Nuclear Engineering or Aerospace Engineering. Engineering is not just about advanced physics but there are lots of maths and calculus too. There are many branches of engineering so try to find one that suits you the most so that your intelligence can be used on the right track. :wink:

Until then, its best to focus on strengthening one's faith, increase knowledge in matters of the deen and strive to become a better Muslim everyday. Because what Islam needs is not just merely an engineer, or a doctor, or a teacher - but what we need are Islamic engineers, a'liim doctors and teachers.

Wassalam.